JS 7's influence, where are the young black guys in mx/sx?

Hammer 663s
10/14/2019 2:17pm
mark293 wrote:
I pushed my YZ 80D almost half a mile to ride it in a field at the end of our street. When I was done riding...
I pushed my YZ 80D almost half a mile to ride it in a field at the end of our street. When I was done riding, I had to push it back home. My dad said if the police caught me riding on a public street, the Yamaha would be sold. You think today’s 10 year old is gonna push a bike a mile in full gear? Me thinks not, and I’m not exaggerating the distance.
That's so cool I had to do it. 41 years ago could push out the garage and go ride . I don't even remember why I wanted to ride - no one I knew rode anything. I remember that I had posters all over my room of the late-70s moto heros and was dying to emulate them. But I was a nobody from PA and had no one to teach me. I bought my first dirt bike at 15, and I've been riding ever since. My kids have all ridden, and my best days are me and my 13 year old boy at the track together. You meet all walks of life at the track, but they are mostly good people, regardless of background.

I learned to hunt in that field, and my trap line started down in the gully then went 5 miles out into the woods and fields. It's all gone now. Houses, churches, schools. Bet there's not a dirt bike in the whole neighborhood, nor anyone with the budget and desire to start. Sad.

The Shop

Post a reply to: JS 7's influence, where are the young black guys in mx/sx?

The Latest