JMart

downard254
Have to say, JMart is quietly proving his worth in the 450 class. I remember a couple years ago JohnnyO saying he flys on a 450, and Yamaha let him go for Web. I don’t know, but it’s looking like that was a mistake. We’ll see how things look after a couple more rounds. Anyone remember how many rounds JMart was supposed to ride before switching back to his 250?
|
Jmicmoto13
1/13/2018 4:42pm
Have to agree. Wouldn’t have guessed he would perform as well he has.
St Ann More
1/13/2018 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 4:48pm
He's finished one race and in 11th, he's looking good in practice today but it's a little premature to suggest he was a better option than Webb who has delivered championships indoors and out! Give it a few years and we'll see where things stack up!

The Shop

1/13/2018 4:57pm
He's finished one race and in 11th, he's looking good in practice today but it's a little premature to suggest he was a better option than...
He's finished one race and in 11th, he's looking good in practice today but it's a little premature to suggest he was a better option than Webb who has delivered championships indoors and out! Give it a few years and we'll see where things stack up!
You must have forgot only Tomac beat him at Daytona last year. Martin is going to be a beast on the 450, especially outdoors.
Rickyisms
1/13/2018 5:11pm
He's finished one race and in 11th, he's looking good in practice today but it's a little premature to suggest he was a better option than...
You must have forgot only Tomac beat him at Daytona last year. Martin is going to be a beast on the 450, especially outdoors.
I sat by the finish line in Daytona last year and I was on my feet the whole time. JMart did excellent holding off Tomac for as long as he did.

I remember Jonny O'Mara said Jeremy had "mutant type" strength and i believe it. He's a shorter rider but handles the 450 very well for a couple rookie races on it.
rob162
1/13/2018 6:26pm
Riding a 450 in sx is way different then a 250 i feel hes gonna be a way better 450 sx rider not to mention a 2 time mx champ and was damn near a 3 time champ. I feel webb on a 450 is like barcia on a 450 the style doesnt totally transfer. But lets see how all e of their years finishes out it still super early
St Ann More
1/13/2018 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 6:50pm
I didn't forget, that was an impressive performance but Daytona is a different beast.

But he's finished one 'out an out SX' in 11th behind Webb and looked good in practice today. All I'm saying is it's a little premature to suggest Yamaha made a mistake here, Cooper has won both an MX and SX title since Jeremy's last championship.

Alas, I hope he kills it tonight! Hopefully he's full-time next year!

Post a reply to: JMart

The Latest