JM19

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 5/26/2014 9:30am
Seriously...did ANYBODY see the dominating win by Jeremy Martin coming?

Some might blow it off saying he got lucky or that the first race ain't about nothin'...but I'm calling JM19 a top-three finish when the smoke clears.
|
Wandell
5/24/2014 7:13pm
I thought Jeremy had a great chance of winning, but I didn't think he'd dominate. I guess all that time on the farm is paying off! Congrats on the win Jeremy!!!
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
5/24/2014 7:18pm
No, I sure didn't. Honestly when I was watching him pull away from the other bikes on the start and going up that big hill, I couldn't help but think they would do a tear down of his engine after the race just to check things out. I posted this in the race thread, but his second moto fastest time was only ~1 second off Dungey's fastest time - that's insane. On a track with some thick sand and lots of hills, I just wouldn't think the 250F could pull that close to the 450s. Not trying to take anything away from JM19, he rode like a boss. But I was damn impressed with the YZinger.
JW381
5/24/2014 7:27pm
I don't think anyone did. I even took him off my motodynasty roster because I just wasn't sure how he'd do. I had him up in the top 5, but I wouldn't have been surprised by a top 20 either, so I just figured it'd be safer to leave him off. Nope.. kid rode amazing like a seasoned pro. Quick moves to the front, solid sprinter laps, gone. No mistakes either. I don't know where that came from, but wow. Coop rode super good too.
Grizz
5/24/2014 7:43pm
TbonesPop wrote:
No, I sure didn't. Honestly when I was watching him pull away from the other bikes on the start and going up that big hill, I...
No, I sure didn't. Honestly when I was watching him pull away from the other bikes on the start and going up that big hill, I couldn't help but think they would do a tear down of his engine after the race just to check things out. I posted this in the race thread, but his second moto fastest time was only ~1 second off Dungey's fastest time - that's insane. On a track with some thick sand and lots of hills, I just wouldn't think the 250F could pull that close to the 450s. Not trying to take anything away from JM19, he rode like a boss. But I was damn impressed with the YZinger.
It's the rider. He wasn't hitting as many bumps. He was taking the smooth, fast way around the track.

The Shop

JACK_Schit
5/24/2014 8:35pm
davistld01 wrote:
Seriously...did ANYBODY see the dominating win by Jeremy Martin coming? Some might blow it off saying he got lucky or that the first race ain't about...

Some might blow it off saying he got lucky or that the first race ain't about nothin'...but I'm calling JM19 a top-three finish when the smoke clears.
I never saw Mcgoo Chandler coming! ut this kid from Nor Cal riding a roachy Maico spank'd Factory Yamaha rider Bob Hannah and Factory Honda rider Marty Tripes at Saddleback AMA 250 national back in the day.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
5/25/2014 5:45am
TbonesPop wrote:
No, I sure didn't. Honestly when I was watching him pull away from the other bikes on the start and going up that big hill, I...
Grizz wrote:
It's the rider. He wasn't hitting as many bumps. He was taking the smooth, fast way around the track.
I hear ya that it being the rider, but it is worth pointing out that the Yamahas went 1-1 and 2-2 on the day. Maybe they were just running the exact same lines. But regardless, those bikes were pretty darn strong on the day,
Rockstar
5/25/2014 5:54am
I thought he would win some motos along the way, but he came storming out of the gates yesterday. Glad to see all of the hard work paying off, both for Jeremy and Yamaha. Somewhere, Bobby Regan is smiling!
DA498
5/25/2014 6:09am
Go Bullfrog!! Knew hed be up there, Dominate was a surprise.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
5/25/2014 6:44am
Absolutely! Saw him take over the lead at Millville last year for a few laps...knew the kid had some good speed!
ksharpe64
5/25/2014 6:54am
Those questioning his bike being legal (big bore) should keep in mind that he only goes about 135 lbs. and is strapped to a 45-50 hp. factory prepped rocket that is also likely right at the AMA min wt. limit. That's how you would expect it to go up big hills..
bents
Fantasy
909th
5/25/2014 7:46am
Dude straight up killed it. If he spends all his time down at the farm training with Dungey and getting advice from team RC, that work is going to show up at some point. He is a threat to win the title and anyone who bets against him is putting their dough at risk.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
5/25/2014 9:48am
In the last 10 motos of 2013 Martin had 5 top 3's, I was surprised by the gap but not the 1-1 performance. With Roczen and Tomac gone Martin was always my pick, I hope he keeps it up.

The real question is, is how bad will Martin slaughter everyone at Millville?
Grizz
5/25/2014 9:57am
TbonesPop wrote:
Grizz wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
I hear ya that it being the rider, but it is worth pointing out that the Yamahas went 1-1 and 2-2 on the day. Maybe they...
I hear ya that it being the rider, but it is worth pointing out that the Yamahas went 1-1 and 2-2 on the day. Maybe they were just running the exact same lines. But regardless, those bikes were pretty darn strong on the day,
I agree, I was impressed with the Yamaha's.
willie838
5/25/2014 11:36pm
i was floored by his dominance.

this isn't the 250 E/W divided class, this is THE 250 class.

he went out and made a huge statement yesterday. Over the last few years the 250s have been the tight racing with really close lap times and the 450s have been a walkaway for RV2/RD5 for the most part. It feels like this year may be different.

Doubt he'll be this dominant the entire series but i know that those lap times have a lot of the 250 riders just completely shook at this point. BB4 was flat out and still losing 2 seconds a lap. Even Webb got gapped. Hats off, amazing performance.
downard254
5/26/2014 4:52am
Anyone notice his lines. He was grabbing traction and maintaining momentum like no one else. I was especially impressed by how he was avoiding the deep horsepower loam and keeping just on the edge of the thick stuff. Watch the video again, and on the turn before Mt. St. Helens, he was carrying way more speed through that turn and up the hill. Very impressive. Kid has great line choices.
davistld01
5/26/2014 5:04am
Park Boys wrote:
In the last 10 motos of 2013 Martin had 5 top 3's, I was surprised by the gap but not the 1-1 performance. With Roczen and...
In the last 10 motos of 2013 Martin had 5 top 3's, I was surprised by the gap but not the 1-1 performance. With Roczen and Tomac gone Martin was always my pick, I hope he keeps it up.

The real question is, is how bad will Martin slaughter everyone at Millville?
The first few races in the series usually shows who's got something to prove. The rest usually prove who are ready & can go the distance. I hope Martin can go the distance.
FIREfish148
5/26/2014 5:20am
I wasn't surprised. I bet he gives Dungey fits at the Carmichael farm during the week. The kid seems to be under that Carmichael mentality spell.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
5/26/2014 5:37am
davistld01 wrote:
Seriously...did ANYBODY see the dominating win by Jeremy Martin coming? Some might blow it off saying he got lucky or that the first race ain't about...

Yes, I did. He has great technique, rides very efficiently and has a great work ethic. I'm not saying he will dominate like that all the th ime, but he is going to be good, he's still developing.
thekendogg
5/26/2014 5:53am
Don't know about anyone else, but he really reminded me of what Blake Bagget did in 2011 at Hangtown in round 1. Everyone knew that he was fast, but sure as heck no one saw the dominance coming! Both in their second years as pros.
ChrisB10
5/26/2014 5:56am
I watched this kid keep up with Tomac at Unadilla last year when Tomac was untouchable. That and combine the fact that the 2014 YZ250's motor is being hailed in all of the shootouts and it's not that surprising. Factor in Bagget's limited movement in wrist, Musquin's time off the bike and Deano's arm pump issues and it's less surprising. I will say though that I didn't expect that much of a gap over guys like Anderson, who rode SX like his life depended on it, and Bogle.
Drfletcher
5/26/2014 7:29am
I'm glad to see some blue 250s finally win races. Hopefully he and Webb can keep up their speed and make this a fun championship.
Socket946
5/26/2014 7:31am
TbonesPop wrote:
When he past Bogle going up the hill - Something was wrong, FLAT wrong. That Yamaha I'm sure is legit, and it's probably just the rider, but that yz250 was flat FLYING.
willie838
5/26/2014 8:54am
TbonesPop wrote:
Socket946 wrote:
When he past Bogle going up the hill - Something was wrong, FLAT wrong. That Yamaha I'm sure is legit, and it's probably just the rider...
When he past Bogle going up the hill - Something was wrong, FLAT wrong. That Yamaha I'm sure is legit, and it's probably just the rider, but that yz250 was flat FLYING.
didn't help that bogle got kicked on the way up the hill. It would have been closer if he maintainted traction but the rear end hopped up, kicked out and destroyed his drive. That let martin shoot by like he was on a rocket ship.
Silliker269
5/26/2014 9:15am
Very very impressive, not to many people say that coming, I bet those bikes have the most impressive HP numbers right now too
jeffro503
5/26/2014 9:30am
I expected Jeremy to do well , but NOTHING like what I saw him do on Saturday! That was a couple of awesome rides he did in both of those motos. Him and Webb both impressed the hell out of me!

Post a reply to: JM19

The Latest