JH46 and his never ending story

FerCzD
Edited Date/Time 2/3/2020 11:42am
Just by reading the last question. Always someone else is at fault, he is saying it between the lines. Why don't recognize that last year he was not putting in the work, as J-Bone hinted. Or going to the bar to sing after a mediocre night. If you have nothing good to say, just keep your mouth shut.

https://mxvice.com/125761/chatter-box-justin-hill
|
toroP
1/29/2020 6:20am
“ If you have nothing good to say, just keep your mouth shut.“

Fun
fourfourone
1/29/2020 6:35am
FerCzD wrote:
Just by reading the last question. Always someone else is at fault, he is saying it between the lines. Why don't recognize that last year he...
Just by reading the last question. Always someone else is at fault, he is saying it between the lines. Why don't recognize that last year he was not putting in the work, as J-Bone hinted. Or going to the bar to sing after a mediocre night. If you have nothing good to say, just keep your mouth shut.

I don't think you read that article correctly.
theesloth
1/29/2020 6:46am
Why the fuck do people keep bringing up going to a bar the night AFTER a race? It's not like he showed up to track walk hungover.
TeamGreen
1/29/2020 6:49am
Did we read the same article...? Seems to me he’s owning it and just saying he’d prefer a more technical track...
“I'm looking forward to a slower, technical type of layout where bike control is very important. I'm sure I'll excel at that. As far as the big scheme of things, I'm healthy. I'm fit. I'm gaining a little bit each time. I can't sit here and complain too much, man. There's people who have it a lot worse than I do and I'm living the dream. Just got to really put the gears down hard and try to make an inch. Right now it's like we have an inch here and an inch here, but we don't have an inch on paper. We need inches on paper. That's all I'm really setting my mind towards, "How do I execute this race night better?" That's where I'm at.“

The Shop

1/29/2020 6:49am
My understanding is that he feels he's in good shape but the results are not what was expected, and he hopes to get better as the season goes on.

Can you quote the parts where he's blaming someone else or making excuses? Cause I didn't see them.
TeamGreen
1/29/2020 6:53am
I must be biased...
‘Cause, I’m hoping Josh comes out for 250 East!
It’s a Far-Nor-Cal/Northwest Moto thing...I guess.
Cheerful
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
1/29/2020 6:57am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2020 8:20am
theesloth wrote:
Why the fuck do people keep bringing up going to a bar the night AFTER a race? It's not like he showed up to track walk...
Why the fuck do people keep bringing up going to a bar the night AFTER a race? It's not like he showed up to track walk hungover.
I can't recall exactly but I believe he either pulled off or didn't race the main or something like that due to something bothering him.

I just looked at the results for that race and he did 15 laps then pulled it.

I really could care less what he did either way but I imagine that's why people have the pitchforks out about it.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
1/29/2020 7:00am
Oh here is the Suzuki PR from Nashville last year.

Justin Hill jammed his back in the opening practice session and missed the first qualifying session. He fought through pain and put in a fast lap. Hill followed that up with an impressive fourth place finish in his heat race, given his level of pain. Unfortunately, Hill only lasted half of the main event before pulling off the track. The team will provide more information on the extent of Hill’s injury when it becomes available.
deluxeman
1/29/2020 7:10am
I think Josh Hill is a damn fast rider that will never reach the level his talent could/should take him too. Not sure what his state of mind is and frankly don't care, I can't change it and maybe he can't either. I know he is fast, but he may never be more than he is right now. We may have seen him at his best already. I hope that isn't the case we could use another fast guy in the mix.
davistld01
1/29/2020 7:16am
Nobody in their right minds can doubt Josh's speed...or skill. I think he's as confused as to why all that is not translating to podium finishes, just like everybody else. I'd like to see the kid get a revelation and be another fast guy out there keeping everybody else honest...instead of being on the threshold of joining the "Shoulda-Woulda-Coulda Club".
FuzzyLogic
1/29/2020 7:58am
davistld01 wrote:
Nobody in their right minds can doubt Josh's speed...or skill. I think he's as confused as to why all that is not translating to podium finishes...
Nobody in their right minds can doubt Josh's speed...or skill. I think he's as confused as to why all that is not translating to podium finishes, just like everybody else. I'd like to see the kid get a revelation and be another fast guy out there keeping everybody else honest...instead of being on the threshold of joining the "Shoulda-Woulda-Coulda Club".
I don't mean to be a dick but has this really transitioned to now talking about Josh Hill? I think Josh is through the shoulda-woulda-coulda phase and is now in the "well, I'm having fun doing what I can now" club.

If not, and you meant Justin, then yes, he is on the threshold of joining that club. That said, I would say he is performing at about the level that MCR realistically expected.
McG194
1/29/2020 8:23am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2020 8:24am
FerCzD wrote:
Just by reading the last question. Always someone else is at fault, he is saying it between the lines. Why don't recognize that last year he...

Am I the only person that understands the irony of a guy saying:
"If you have nothing good to say, just keep your mouth shut."
right after he has nothing good to say?
davistld01
1/29/2020 8:47am
davistld01 wrote:
Nobody in their right minds can doubt Josh's speed...or skill. I think he's as confused as to why all that is not translating to podium finishes...
FuzzyLogic wrote:
I don't mean to be a dick but has this really transitioned to now talking about Josh Hill? I think Josh is through the shoulda-woulda-coulda phase...
I don't mean to be a dick but has this really transitioned to now talking about Josh Hill? I think Josh is through the shoulda-woulda-coulda phase and is now in the "well, I'm having fun doing what I can now" club.

If not, and you meant Justin, then yes, he is on the threshold of joining that club. That said, I would say he is performing at about the level that MCR realistically expected.
No...the issue is that all of a sudden I turn into a first name idiot. For whatever reason, I totally meant JUSTIN and not JOSH Hill. Thanks for slapping me around.

Damn. Getting old sucks.
1/29/2020 10:36am
deluxeman wrote:
I think Josh Hill is a damn fast rider that will never reach the level his talent could/should take him too. Not sure what his state...
I think Josh Hill is a damn fast rider that will never reach the level his talent could/should take him too. Not sure what his state of mind is and frankly don't care, I can't change it and maybe he can't either. I know he is fast, but he may never be more than he is right now. We may have seen him at his best already. I hope that isn't the case we could use another fast guy in the mix.
Josh was fast when he rode in AUSTRALIA Recently but I think his best days are behind him when he won a race in 2008. He’s just riding for fun now. Definitely don’t think Josh is going to get in the mix but your welcome to hope for it :/
Bramlett321
1/29/2020 10:43am
My two cents don't mean squat but it does seem like he is somewhat making excuses. There's always an issue but in my humble opinion I don't think he has the grit like some of the other riders. Like a cooper webb for example.
Moto Norcal
1/29/2020 11:01am
It's really confusing that this guy can't break the top ten. Now he says he just needs the right track. He ran up front when he jumped in 450s when he was a full-time 250 rider. It's a head-scratcher. Maybe he needs to work on his starts.
1/29/2020 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2020 2:40pm
theesloth wrote:
Why the fuck do people keep bringing up going to a bar the night AFTER a race? It's not like he showed up to track walk...
It wasnt that it was AFTER a race. It was that it was AFTER a race he pulled out of because he was in too much back pain

Being seen out partying under those circumstances is a bad look for a pro athlete.
Alex814
1/29/2020 4:43pm
deluxeman wrote:
I think Josh Hill is a damn fast rider that will never reach the level his talent could/should take him too. Not sure what his state...
Josh was fast when he rode in AUSTRALIA Recently but I think his best days are behind him when he won a race in 2008. He’s...
Josh was fast when he rode in AUSTRALIA Recently but I think his best days are behind him when he won a race in 2008. He’s just riding for fun now. Definitely don’t think Josh is going to get in the mix but your welcome to hope for it :/
I'm assuming he meant to say Justin Hill.
1/29/2020 4:44pm
theesloth wrote:
It wasnt that it was AFTER a race. It was that it was AFTER a race he pulled out of because he was in too much...
It wasnt that it was AFTER a race. It was that it was AFTER a race he pulled out of because he was in too much back pain

Being seen out partying under those circumstances is a bad look for a pro athlete.
Ever tried riding hurt? It sux
Ever tried drinking a beer hurt? It’s not so bad haha
bbhMoto
1/29/2020 4:49pm
theesloth wrote:
Didn't Ron Lechien go to a bar once after a race? Unsure
1/29/2020 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2020 4:54pm
theesloth wrote:
It wasnt that it was AFTER a race. It was that it was AFTER a race he pulled out of because he was in too much...

Ever tried riding hurt? It sux
Ever tried drinking a beer hurt? It’s not so bad haha
Sure, I've done both of those things.

I often treat my body like a garbage can and nobody cares. Hell, I ride like shit and it doesn't matter. I pull out of races because I don't want to do it or have other plans that week. But that attitude certainly won't play for everyone in every circumstance.
Moto Norcal
1/29/2020 6:21pm
theesloth wrote:

I'm sure that thought crossed Hill's mind too- he doesn't seem like a dummy. Taking all of the fun out of life doesn't work for everybody. Let the dude have a beer and play some guitar. They are dirt bike racers, not priests.
1/29/2020 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2020 7:17pm
theesloth wrote:

I'm sure that thought crossed Hill's mind too- he doesn't seem like a dummy. Taking all of the fun out of life doesn't work for everybody...
I'm sure that thought crossed Hill's mind too- he doesn't seem like a dummy. Taking all of the fun out of life doesn't work for everybody. Let the dude have a beer and play some guitar. They are dirt bike racers, not priests.
If he's getting results, he doesn't need to worry about appearances at all. But when he's running with privateers and skipping out on mains... Well, I'd hold judgement on what constitutes "no dummy".
APLMAN99
1/29/2020 7:30pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Did we read the same article...? Seems to me he’s owning it and just saying he’d prefer a more technical track... “I'm looking forward to a...
Did we read the same article...? Seems to me he’s owning it and just saying he’d prefer a more technical track...
“I'm looking forward to a slower, technical type of layout where bike control is very important. I'm sure I'll excel at that. As far as the big scheme of things, I'm healthy. I'm fit. I'm gaining a little bit each time. I can't sit here and complain too much, man. There's people who have it a lot worse than I do and I'm living the dream. Just got to really put the gears down hard and try to make an inch. Right now it's like we have an inch here and an inch here, but we don't have an inch on paper. We need inches on paper. That's all I'm really setting my mind towards, "How do I execute this race night better?" That's where I'm at.“
I think that it’s the last answer in the interview that may have gotten the OP going.

It definitely came off as a veiled insult to JGR Suzuki. Maybe Hill didn’t intend it that way, but that’s the way I interpreted it when I first read it.
Hank_Thrill
1/29/2020 7:46pm
I love how there is an expectation for every top 20 AMA supercross rider in the sport to be a top 5 rider.
FerCzD
1/29/2020 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2020 8:00pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I think that it’s the last answer in the interview that may have gotten the OP going. It definitely came off as a veiled insult to...
I think that it’s the last answer in the interview that may have gotten the OP going.

It definitely came off as a veiled insult to JGR Suzuki. Maybe Hill didn’t intend it that way, but that’s the way I interpreted it when I first read it.
Yes, that last part is the one that got me. I interpreted it as a subtle downgrade to the bike/team.

As far from the rest of the interview, pretty much is the norm in what every rider whom is not winning, fighting for podiums or outside the top 10 says.
1/29/2020 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2020 8:07pm
I love how there is an expectation for every top 20 AMA supercross rider in the sport to be a top 5 rider.
There's a huge gulf between top 5 and where Hill was last season.

Top 10 would've been a huge jump. In '19 he averaged 14th in an injury-depleted field, and broke inside the top 10 just twice.
Lloydcarter
1/29/2020 8:27pm
toroP wrote:
“ If you have nothing good to say, just keep your mouth shut.“

Fun
Lol the irony huh.
bents
Fantasy
909th
1/29/2020 8:50pm
I too interpreted that as a shot as well and I think he did JGR dirty last year by not being properly prepared and owning up to the ride and the pay he got-he was the one that made all the noise about how well he rode the 450 and how he could run at the front-he made a similar statement before this season began. I thought that he put the cart before the horse once again. At this point, his results are what they are, and he is certainly not dropping anchor on the weekly like he did last year so that is an improvement for sure. I would like to see him under promise and over deliver as opposed to his approach these past couple of years.
kiwifan
1/29/2020 9:09pm
FerCzD wrote:

If you are always trying to find something between the lines, you find it - no matter if it was intended or not

Post a reply to: JH46 and his never ending story

The Latest