JGR named Suzuki's factory effort

8/3/2017 9:39am
Do we see E Start on Weston's bike at Monster Cup?

I can't see that much work being done on the current 250 as its EOL but I would imagine Phill can't want to get his hands on a 2019 prototype.
8/3/2017 9:48am
Xeno wrote:
I wonder if they go after top 250 talent like Cianciarulo or Ferrandis? And those PRs never disclose the length of the contract. Hopefully it's a...
I wonder if they go after top 250 talent like Cianciarulo or Ferrandis?
And those PRs never disclose the length of the contract. Hopefully it's a minimum 5 years- this industry is so dang short-sighted.
ML512 wrote:
Ferrandis is under contract and Cianciarulo is looking towards green or red for 2018.
AC is on many radars and I believe Jgr will make a definite play at AC. I think bigger things are on the horizon for the team.

PRM31
8/3/2017 9:52am
I'm wondering if it's going to be difficult to sign a top notch 250 guy until Suzuki unveils a new 250? For now that isn't until 2019. Can the current version be competitive?
EEE299
8/3/2017 9:59am
Great for JGR and Suzuki! "Barcia not so much" Go back through the last three years and tell me who has the most laps led in...
Great for JGR and Suzuki!

"Barcia not so much"

Go back through the last three years and tell me who has the most laps led in the 450 class not named Ryan, Eli or Marvin. Go back and tell me who has the most holeshots. Go back and tell me who has won overalls and motos not named Ryan, Eli or Marvin.

hint: his initials are not WP

I think the dislike around here for Justin gives people very cloudy judgment.

I like Barcia but honestly he doesn't have the results recently for them keep him. Not for what they would have to pay him compaired to WP.

Barcia needs to prove he's progressing again.

The Shop

cali11
8/3/2017 10:00am
TbonesPop wrote:
I don't know anything for sure, but I think Peick has done a nice job for them when healthy and is a very good value (nice...
I don't know anything for sure, but I think Peick has done a nice job for them when healthy and is a very good value (nice ROI). Hopefully he comes back. Barcia, not so much. Barcia needs to go through what Dean Wilson went through IMHO. Barcia is very talented and is under achieving.
Great for JGR and Suzuki! "Barcia not so much" Go back through the last three years and tell me who has the most laps led in...

"Barcia not so much"

Go back through the last three years and tell me who has the most laps led in the 450 class not named Ryan, Eli or Marvin. Go back and tell me who has the most holeshots. Go back and tell me who has won overalls and motos not named Ryan, Eli or Marvin.

If I had to get rid of one it be WP
Roostermx58
8/3/2017 10:03am
Hopefully they get a decent graphics sponsor.
Armored Graphix will be doing their graphics.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/3/2017 10:16am
ML512 wrote:
We're at JGR for a Suzuki intro and they've announced that JGR will be the official factory squad going forward for 450 and 250s.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Is there an error in the press release? It states that they will field 2 250 riders on each coast for SX and then field 2...
Is there an error in the press release? It states that they will field 2 250 riders on each coast for SX and then field 2 250 riders for MX.

I've never heard of SX only 250 riders aside from Malcolm but that seems like it's been is own doing. I know some teams are SX only but that's not the case with JGR or any factory team.

If I was a 250 rider I'd want a deal to ride both SX and MX. How else are you suppose to show your progress in order to get a future 450 ride without going out there on your own dime during the summer months only to come back to JGR for SX the following season.

Is there something I'm not getting? What's the reasoning behind that decision? Cost shouldn't really be an issue for factory teams.
Malcolm isn't a sx rider only!!

He didn't have a ride to go race! Hard work to make an outdoor season attempt on your own dime.
I know Malcolm is not an SX only rider but he hasn't lined up outdoors in a while.

Hard work to make an outdoor season attempt on your own dime you say. Seems to me like there's plenty of privateers out there that are making it happen every summer with way smaller budgets.

What's Malcolm's excuse? The guy has a 250 SX title to his name so he's got quite a bit more money to play with than any of the privateers lining up. With his name I'm willing to bet that it wouldn't be that hard for him to gather up bikes and parts at no cost or very minimal cost.

Oh wait, need a staff of 12 and a semi-truck to run the nationals.

As they say, you're only as good as your last race. Line up, race and maybe you'll get an offer from a team. It sure worked out for Dean Wilson so maybe Malcolm should take a page out of Dean's book.
malachi177
8/3/2017 10:32am
PRM31 wrote:
I'm wondering if it's going to be difficult to sign a top notch 250 guy until Suzuki unveils a new 250? For now that isn't until...
I'm wondering if it's going to be difficult to sign a top notch 250 guy until Suzuki unveils a new 250? For now that isn't until 2019. Can the current version be competitive?
Serously? Fake news! It is very competitive, they haven't had a top tier rider. Look at Jeremy Seewer in rhe GP's. That bike is fast.
PRM31
8/3/2017 10:35am
PRM31 wrote:
I'm wondering if it's going to be difficult to sign a top notch 250 guy until Suzuki unveils a new 250? For now that isn't until...
malachi177 wrote:
Serously? Fake news! It is very competitive, they haven't had a top tier rider. Look at Jeremy Seewer in rhe GP's. That bike is fast.
You did take note of the question marks? Given the almost complete lack of RMZ250s racing in the US series it's a fair question.
kkawboy14
8/3/2017 11:10am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Is this a crickets chirping announcement or do you guys find this an awesome for the industry announcement?
Definitely not the first part. Very big announcement for sure. Is it "awesome for the industry"... I mean, it's definitely not a bad thing!
If I was JGR I would have 4 open positions that riders could apply for!
kkawboy14
8/3/2017 11:12am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Is there an error in the press release? It states that they will field 2 250 riders on each coast for SX and then field 2...
Is there an error in the press release? It states that they will field 2 250 riders on each coast for SX and then field 2 250 riders for MX.

I've never heard of SX only 250 riders aside from Malcolm but that seems like it's been is own doing. I know some teams are SX only but that's not the case with JGR or any factory team.

If I was a 250 rider I'd want a deal to ride both SX and MX. How else are you suppose to show your progress in order to get a future 450 ride without going out there on your own dime during the summer months only to come back to JGR for SX the following season.

Is there something I'm not getting? What's the reasoning behind that decision? Cost shouldn't really be an issue for factory teams.

He didn't have a ride to go race! Hard work to make an outdoor season attempt on your own dime.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I know Malcolm is not an SX only rider but he hasn't lined up outdoors in a while. Hard work to make an outdoor season attempt...
I know Malcolm is not an SX only rider but he hasn't lined up outdoors in a while.

Hard work to make an outdoor season attempt on your own dime you say. Seems to me like there's plenty of privateers out there that are making it happen every summer with way smaller budgets.

What's Malcolm's excuse? The guy has a 250 SX title to his name so he's got quite a bit more money to play with than any of the privateers lining up. With his name I'm willing to bet that it wouldn't be that hard for him to gather up bikes and parts at no cost or very minimal cost.

As they say, you're only as good as your last race. Line up, race and maybe you'll get an offer from a team. It sure worked out for Dean Wilson so maybe Malcolm should take a page out of Dean's book.
Dean went to the nationals on his own dime? I thought he went on his own in sx and then signed a deal during sx?
8/3/2017 11:13am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 11:15am
PRM31 wrote:
malachi177 wrote:
PRM31 wrote:
You did take note of the question marks? Given the almost complete lack of RMZ250s racing in the US series it's a fair question.
In the Vital video with ML talking to Coy and JBone, the comment was made about how they're thinking long term about the whole deal, like 10yrs out long term. Those comments, paired with the point PRM31 raises, only reinforces how imperative it is for JGR and Suzuki to have a strategic approach to recruiting from the amateur ranks.

The whole "RM Army" thing sounds like more of a contingency program now, but I suspect it will morph into more of an Orange Brigade type program. Though, Suzuki's limited product offering compared to KTM's won't help with creating brand loyalty with riders until they can ride a 250F (which now a days is what, 10 or 11? Grinning )
mauidex
8/3/2017 11:16am
great reward for JGR moto hanging in there the last few years with really no chance of even coming close to winning titles..................coach took a page out of their NASCAR playbook when they became the first real powerhouse team to join Toyota and get that factory partnership rolling..................not sure what happened at Yamaha but the way that was handled sure pissed JGR off it seems. Hope they have the resources to get some real title contenders on their bikes!!
jbomx363
8/3/2017 11:26am
ML512 wrote:
We're at JGR for a Suzuki intro and they've announced that JGR will be the official factory squad going forward for 450 and 250s.
-MAVERICK- wrote:

RandyS wrote:
I just saw this PR and was going to type this almost word for word, but you already did.
I don't think ya'll are reading it right.

"will field two 250 riders (one on each coast in supercross)"

2 250 riders
2 450 riders

I also agree with a few others.... JGR should start fresh. All wanna be's need to apply.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/3/2017 11:45am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 11:46am

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I know Malcolm is not an SX only rider but he hasn't lined up outdoors in a while. Hard work to make an outdoor season attempt...

kkawboy14 wrote:
Dean went to the nationals on his own dime? I thought he went on his own in sx and then signed a deal during sx?
What's the difference? The guy spent his own money putting bikes together, went racing and was rewarded with a factory ride and now he's reaping the benefits all while doing a good job representing Husqvarna.

I remember Weston Peick doing the outdoors on his own program a few years ago and it paid off for him as well.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/3/2017 12:02pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

RandyS wrote:
I just saw this PR and was going to type this almost word for word, but you already did.
jbomx363 wrote:
I don't think ya'll are reading it right. "will field [b]two[/b] 250 riders ([b]one [/b]on each coast in supercross)" 2 250 riders 2 450 riders I...

2 250 riders
2 450 riders

I also agree with a few others.... JGR should start fresh. All wanna be's need to apply.

Press release says the following

The team will field two 250 Class riders on each coast and two 450 Class riders during Monster Energy AMA Supercross, and two 250 Class and two 450 Class riders during the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship Series.

That's 2 riders on each coast in the 250's.

According to the press release it's the following

2 250 West riders SX
2 250 East riders SX
2 450 riders SX and MX
2 250 riders MX
Big E
8/3/2017 1:32pm
Wonder if they'll keep running stock triple clamps on factory bikes.
We have never run a stock triple clamp on any of our factory racing bikes.
Grant Langston in 2008 and Ken Roczen in 2016, ran stock clamps to a championship. BlinkSadSillySideways
8/3/2017 1:47pm
TbonesPop wrote:
I don't know anything for sure, but I think Peick has done a nice job for them when healthy and is a very good value (nice...
I don't know anything for sure, but I think Peick has done a nice job for them when healthy and is a very good value (nice ROI). Hopefully he comes back. Barcia, not so much. Barcia needs to go through what Dean Wilson went through IMHO. Barcia is very talented and is under achieving.

"Barcia not so much"

cali11 wrote:
If I had to get rid of one it be WP
WP is cheap, relatively speaking.
JB is EXPENSIVE, relatively speaking.

Plus, contracts are about a lot more than just wins, podiums or laps led, hence why CR22 will still be high up on team's wish lists.
Autograph queues count for a lot too.
Roorda085
8/3/2017 1:55pm
RandyS wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:
I don't think ya'll are reading it right. "will field [b]two[/b] 250 riders ([b]one [/b]on each coast in supercross)" 2 250 riders 2 450 riders I...

2 250 riders
2 450 riders

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Press release says the following The team will field [b]two 250[/b] Class riders [b]on[/b] [b]each coast[/b] and two 450 Class riders during Monster Energy AMA Supercross...

The team will field two 250 Class riders on each coast and two 450 Class riders during Monster Energy AMA Supercross, and two 250 Class and two 450 Class riders during the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship Series.

2 250 West riders SX
2 250 East riders SX
2 450 riders SX and MX
2 250 riders MX
Makes sense, 4 riders on board at all events (assuming no one is injured).
FroDiddy
8/3/2017 2:10pm
ML512 wrote:
Broc Tickle is likely to go to KTM. As of tonight, JGR has no riders under contract. Weston Peick is the most likely to retain his...
Broc Tickle is likely to go to KTM.

As of tonight, JGR has no riders under contract. Weston Peick is the most likely to retain his spot from my understanding.
I don't know anyone's current contract, but I'd keep Peick and look to sign AC, Plessinger and/or Savatgy.
kkawboy14
8/3/2017 2:39pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
What's the difference? The guy spent his own money putting bikes together, went racing and was rewarded with a factory ride and now he's reaping the...
What's the difference? The guy spent his own money putting bikes together, went racing and was rewarded with a factory ride and now he's reaping the benefits all while doing a good job representing Husqvarna.

I remember Weston Peick doing the outdoors on his own program a few years ago and it paid off for him as well.
Malcolm did put his own dime in going to sx, got picked up for sx not mx

Dean put his own dime in for sx, got picked up for sx and mx

I don't really see your point if they did the same thing. Dean was about to call it quits when he got picked up, I doubt he would have went to the Outdoors on his own dime. I don't blame Malcolm for not doing the Outdoors on his own dime.
Rockinar
8/3/2017 3:00pm
Weston I bet keeps his job. I bet everyone else is out.
8/3/2017 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 3:17pm
Rockinar wrote:
Weston I bet keeps his job. I bet everyone else is out.
I think it is likely Nicoletti is back. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bisceglia again, as well, given his history with the Zook brand.
jbomx363
8/4/2017 10:27am
RandyS wrote:
jbomx363 wrote:

2 250 riders
2 450 riders

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Press release says the following The team will field [b]two 250[/b] Class riders [b]on[/b] [b]each coast[/b] and two 450 Class riders during Monster Energy AMA Supercross...

2 250 West riders SX
2 250 East riders SX
2 450 riders SX and MX
2 250 riders MX
The release I have is as I quoted. I'm assuming they corrected the one you are reading.

jgr release

The way it reads is 2 250 and 2 450 riders.
ATHEIST
Fantasy
966th
8/4/2017 10:38am
gerg wrote:
Is the rider lineup set in concrete yet?
7 / 47 Evil
etccb
8/4/2017 11:50am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 12:19pm
jbomx363 wrote:
The release I have is as I quoted. I'm assuming they corrected the one you are reading. [url=http://racerxonline.com/2017/08/02/jgr-to-take-over-as-official-factory-suzuki-team-in-2018]jgr release[/url] The way it reads is 2 250...
The release I have is as I quoted. I'm assuming they corrected the one you are reading.

jgr release

The way it reads is 2 250 and 2 450 riders.
I was hoping for a bigger and better effort from Suzuki then that. Too bad.

I don't see Phil as a title threat in 250sx.

Suzuki needs to throw mcr some bikes if they are not already going to be getting them from Honda.
They need to get a couple more 450's on the gate somehow.
Mit12
8/4/2017 11:52am
ML512 wrote:
Ferrandis is under contract and Cianciarulo is looking towards green or red for 2018.
250 or 450 for Cianciarulo?
jbomx363
8/4/2017 1:50pm
etccb wrote:
I was hoping for a bigger and better effort from Suzuki then that. Too bad. I don't see Phil as a title threat in 250sx. Suzuki...
I was hoping for a bigger and better effort from Suzuki then that. Too bad.

I don't see Phil as a title threat in 250sx.

Suzuki needs to throw mcr some bikes if they are not already going to be getting them from Honda.
They need to get a couple more 450's on the gate somehow.
I would assume... they will have a satellite effort by someone. Will some existing satellite switch to Suzuki's? Or maybe a new satellite team will emerge? Or maybe nadda.
jbomx363
8/4/2017 2:18pm
Well..so much for the press release I posted.

Racerhead has it as:

"The 250 team will have four spots for supercross (two for West Coast and two for East Coast), and two spots for motocross."

Post a reply to: JGR named Suzuki's factory effort

The Latest