JGR named Suzuki's factory effort

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2017 4:53 PM

We're at JGR for a Suzuki intro and they've announced that JGR will be the official factory squad going forward for 450 and 250s.

|

8/2/2017 4:55 PM

Very cool. Happy for JGR!

|

8/2/2017 4:57 PM

Congrats to JGR! Really cool to see them get this deal! Hopefully it's not a 1 and done type thing like it was at RCH

|

8/2/2017 5:00 PM

I'd say the ability of JGR to manufacture parts and their big resource pool made it a no brainer for suzuki. Awesome news!

|

8/2/2017 5:02 PM

Suzuki Announces the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team

Brea, Calif, (August 2, 2017) – Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. (SMAI) today announced the formation of the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team. The newly formed team will compete in the Monster Energy AMA Supercross and Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship Series in both the 450 and 250 classes. The team is an expansion of the current relationship between Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) and Suzuki, and will operate as the primary factory level effort.

Kerry Graeber, SMAI’s Vice President of Sales and Marketing, commented on the next step in the company’s ongoing goal of expanding its business. “Racing is an important part of our effort to sell off-road products, and we’re looking forward to an even stronger relationship with Joe Gibbs Racing,” said Graeber. “JGR is one of the most well-respected operations in racing. They share our vision of building a top-level team with elite athletes competing for championships.”

Suzuki is in the midst of redefining its motocross brand through grass roots racing and a more clearly defined path for riders to progress through the ranks of racing from amateur to professional. The company launched the RM Army initiative in 2016. Riders competing on Suzuki RM-Z450, RM-Z250, RM85 and RMX450Z race bikes are eligible for support under the RM Army umbrella. That support includes over $6 million worth of contingency money, trackside technical support, and the chance to ride with one of the greatest riders of all time, Ricky Carmichael, at Camp Carmichael.

“JGR is very excited to deepen our partnership with Suzuki and Yoshimura,” said team owner Coy Gibbs. “The JGR crew has worked extremely hard to get into position to win championships, and this new effort and structure cements that championship-winning philosophy. We now have the right tools to lead the RM Army into battle. We are excited and ready to get the job done on every level.”

Coy added that veteran team manager Jeremy Albrecht will lead the effort. The team will field two 250 Class riders on each coast and two 450 Class riders during Monster Energy AMA Supercross, and two 250 Class and two 450 Class riders during the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship Series. The riders will be named in the coming weeks.

JGR will also develop and market performance parts for Suzuki’s line of motocross and off-road products.

The Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team will make its debut at the opening round of the 2018 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season on Jan. 6, in Anaheim, Calif.

|

8/2/2017 5:07 PM

Very cool!

|

8/2/2017 5:11 PM

Will JGR build the 250 motors now?

|

8/2/2017 5:15 PM

olds cool wrote:

Will JGR build the 250 motors now?

It will continue to be collaboration between Yoshimura, Suzuki and JGR.

|

8/2/2017 5:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 5:26 PM

Thanks ML.
Another question: Will the two 250 riders that don't do the outdoors be determined before SX starts or will they start with all four and hope they have two healthy left for the outdoors?

Oh yeah, welcome to God's country ML. I live about about 5 or 6 miles from the JGR track!

|

8/2/2017 5:43 PM

Congrats JGR

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

8/2/2017 5:46 PM

Big win for JGR.

|

8/2/2017 5:48 PM

Hopefully they get a decent graphics sponsor.

|

8/2/2017 5:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 5:52 PM

Wow. 2 more factory 250 spots... cool!!!

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

8/2/2017 5:59 PM

maybe a little bit OT but, when are we gunna get a test review of the 18' 4fiddy? I'd love to hear how it is!

|

8/2/2017 6:30 PM

Glad to see Suzuki start a legit team again. Hopefully the bikes look similar to top jimmys team.

|

8/2/2017 6:57 PM

Wonder if they'll keep running stock triple clamps on factory bikes.

|

8/2/2017 7:09 PM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

Wonder if they'll keep running stock triple clamps on factory bikes.

at least they get factory ECUs ....

|

8/2/2017 7:13 PM

Awesome!

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

8/2/2017 7:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 7:15 PM

So, will JGR keep Barcia and Peick (I dont know their contractual status)?

Would that affect (like a possible tie in to JGR) Bogle and Tickle at all? Or, do they simply become free agents?

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/2/2017 7:22 PM

kzizok wrote:

Would that affect (like a possible tie in to JGR) Bogle and Tickle at all? Or, do they simply become free agents?

Here is my guess/opinion, no Barcia and Tickle in

|

8/2/2017 7:23 PM

kzizok wrote:

I don't know anything for sure, but I think Peick has done a nice job for them when healthy and is a very good value (nice ROI). Hopefully he comes back. Barcia, not so much. Barcia needs to go through what Dean Wilson went through IMHO. Barcia is very talented and is under achieving.

|

8/2/2017 7:24 PM

kzizok wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

Broc Tickle is likely to go to KTM.

As of tonight, JGR has no riders under contract. Weston Peick is the most likely to retain his spot from my understanding.

|

8/2/2017 7:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 7:37 PM

kzizok wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

So, maybe Tickle and Peick with Barcia to KTM? Bogle as the odd man out?

Edit: posted this before I saw ML's post.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/2/2017 7:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 7:27 PM

kzizok wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

That's a good tough question. Bogle checked out and won a moto outdoors fair and square. The dude has speed, Barcia seems cursed but he's won on the 450 (not yellow) as well. Tickle and Peick have not but they have seen podiums. Age old quote..."you can work with speed". It will be interesting to see what happens.

|

8/2/2017 7:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 7:30 PM

So how will they incorporate any JGR branding into the equation? Sounds like the team is officially called Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team. Will it be something like Rocky Mountain ATV MC KTM team "backed by WPS"

Also.. Thoughts on how this announcement does anything for the Reed to JGR speculation?

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

8/2/2017 7:31 PM

I wonder if they go after top 250 talent like Cianciarulo or Ferrandis?
And those PRs never disclose the length of the contract. Hopefully it's a minimum 5 years- this industry is so dang short-sighted.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

8/2/2017 7:33 PM

The press photo was of Weston's bike, which is pretty telling, I think.

|

8/2/2017 7:35 PM

Xeno wrote:

I wonder if they go after top 250 talent like Cianciarulo or Ferrandis?
And those PRs never disclose the length of the contract. Hopefully it's a minimum 5 years- this industry is so dang short-sighted.

Ferrandis is under contract and Cianciarulo is looking towards green or red for 2018.

|

8/2/2017 7:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 7:39 PM

I think you can pretty much stamp them signing Filthy. Phil said on PullpMX show recently that he'd likely be on the Suzuki 250 for SX again next season.. So presuming the team retains Peick and they pass on Barcia, I could definitely see a SX only deal for Reed to pit along side Weston. Question is, do they run a 3 man 450 team for SX, and will Bogle be a part of it?

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

8/2/2017 7:47 PM

Photo

|