JGR joices?

keinz
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 9:42am
Every pre season they have all pieces togther, contender and etc. What happened after that , we all know.. Is it bad karma? or anything else?
|
1/19/2015 4:40am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2015 4:41am
You may want to re-word the title.. Not sure many people understand what you meant by using the word "joices", myself included.. but I understand the post itself...

I agree... I even said it in the off season... It seems like JGR is where good racers go to die. I honestly can not think of a single rider who really catapulted or reinvented their career after joining the JGR squad. The team clearly has $$$ and resources, but something has to be missing from the puzzle. Anyone know who is running their training program??

A2 was probably Barcia's best ride of the season; but that's not saying much. Still falling way short of expectations.
1/19/2015 4:44am
Filthy Phil Nicoletti will be on the gate next weekend in Oakland.. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him in the Top 10
SAM642
1/19/2015 4:48am
you could argue that it worked out for weston career high 4th, i know he broke his foot but he could've done that on any bike.... justin seems to be fighting the 450 more than the jar bike specifically
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
1/19/2015 4:55am
What's the problem? I don't get it. This is a good team.

Barcia has had some bad starts but his race was great Saturday and he is always charging up. He is good.

Peick was great but broke his foot, nothing you can do about that.

The Shop

davistld01
1/19/2015 5:13am
I understand what the OP means though. Each preseason starts with JGR having it "all together". The Yamahas have been tweaked, modded with every trick their shop can muster...and they have the riders that can do the job. And each season it seems they fall way short of anyone's expectations. This year they have arguably one of the fastest bikes on the track (72hp??) and have some high end talent in the form of Barcia, Peik & Nicolletti. It all sounds great...but so far...
OriolMassot
1/19/2015 5:18am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2015 5:21am
I think the next time we will see a YZF 450 winning will be with Martin and Webb. Both winning on the little ones, so I'm expecting them to keep the winning strike on blue.
mmain62
1/19/2015 5:34am
To me it honestly looks like Barcias crazy riding style doesnt match up on the YZF. I think if he smoothed himself out a bit it would start clicking. He has had really bad starts also so you cant knock him for crappy luck. Im not a huge barcia fan either but Id like to see him battling up front for sure. Weston is set up pretty well imo his size fits the YZ pretty well. Lets all keep in mind that we have 14 more rounds left. Barcia may not win the crown but if he figures the bike out he will be back on top once or twice I think. Just bench racing here.
1/19/2015 5:58am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2015 5:59am
I've always been a fan of JGR. I have no idea why, but I just always rooted for them, same with RCH. Did anyone really expect Barcia to come out and be a heavy hitter? He didn't do much of anything last year. I think they should have signed Malcolm. He may not be a title contender, but he seems to have better luck on the 450 and I'd put him ahead of Barcia results wise.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
1/19/2015 6:21am
It's a little bit of the bike, the rider, and Coy. They need a better rider, better platform bike, and better rider.
keinz
1/19/2015 6:29am
You may want to re-word the title.. Not sure many people understand what you meant by using the word "joices", myself included.. but I understand the...
You may want to re-word the title.. Not sure many people understand what you meant by using the word "joices", myself included.. but I understand the post itself...

I agree... I even said it in the off season... It seems like JGR is where good racers go to die. I honestly can not think of a single rider who really catapulted or reinvented their career after joining the JGR squad. The team clearly has $$$ and resources, but something has to be missing from the puzzle. Anyone know who is running their training program??

A2 was probably Barcia's best ride of the season; but that's not saying much. Still falling way short of expectations.
It's not so easy at all to be ai vital member, if you have something to say.. And all that thrue the google trfanslataion. So my appologises., But you undestand my point
motoplook
1/19/2015 6:38am
Not sure it is the YZ that doesn't fit Barcia's style of riding, over-reving the bike everywhere and riding it like a 250, or just the 450s that doesn't fit Barcia's style. Not like his past year and a half on the CRF were stellar.

Most importantly, did he pass his private pilot license yet?
msp138
1/19/2015 6:38am
I think it could be because of all the resources they have at their disposal. They have so much stuff to try. Instead of finding good settings and just get used to the bike they are always trying to get great settings. By then there's no time left for getting comfortable. I do realize and think Barcia's off season crash hindered his progression with the bike and himself.
Tradmark
1/19/2015 6:43am
So explain who out there and available, key word being available, is jgr supposed to hire and is gonna go beat dungey, tomac, and roczen. I wasnt aware there was a guy out there that can beat them all thats just wanting to race supercross but wont bc of the yamaha. Barcia had a fine ride and did just fine last race. If he keeps
It up he'll get up there but i think the top 3-4 are fairly set
keinz
1/19/2015 7:09am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2015 7:18am
Laik once the wise men said . Power is nothing wtthoutt cotnroll.. And like DV saiid,. fiind the comffot setting, and go on with that by making yourselt famylyliar , or whtaewer with the bike. Sry I'm not the smart one, But this statement seems legit. at least for me. Look at the Krock. Different bike, ddiffernt team. If you are talemted. it dosen't mattter what bike you ride. All about that setting things and whatever. They all seems the excuses for me. When was a young kid,
one men men told me. First lean how to ride,the bike and after that we can go for a settings.
keinz
1/19/2015 7:12am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2015 7:16am
BTW. I'm stiil dond buy that excuse. My bike setting wasn't good
keinz
1/19/2015 7:14am
Tradmark wrote:
So explain who out there and available, key word being available, is jgr supposed to hire and is gonna go beat dungey, tomac, and roczen. I...
So explain who out there and available, key word being available, is jgr supposed to hire and is gonna go beat dungey, tomac, and roczen. I wasnt aware there was a guy out there that can beat them all thats just wanting to race supercross but wont bc of the yamaha. Barcia had a fine ride and did just fine last race. If he keeps
JS7
Xeno
1/19/2015 7:15am
Tradmark wrote:
So explain who out there and available, key word being available, is jgr supposed to hire and is gonna go beat dungey, tomac, and roczen. I...
Roczen was available this year. And Tomac will be available next year.
Hgibbs566
1/19/2015 7:50am
IMO, they really overthink and over complicate things for the riders and team. You don't need a bunch of engineers writing math equations and breaking down what the bikes doing through the whoops and other parts of the track. I also think that having almost unlimited resources to do what you want can hurt you as much as it can help you. I agree with RV2's idea of finding a good base setting and mostly sticking to it.
IWreckALot
1/19/2015 8:05am
Ramrod wrote:
What's the problem? I don't get it. This is a good team. Barcia has had some bad starts but his race was great Saturday and he...

Barcia has had some bad starts but his race was great Saturday and he is always charging up. He is good.

My philosophy is that when something isn't working, the only way to make things better is to change different pieces. SX/MX is difficult because it's not just one piece that makes the puzzle. But the one thing they haven't tried to change is the bike. A lot of riders seem to still stay away from the Yamaha for one reason or another. I don't know what the contract dynamic between Yam and JGR is so this may not be a possibility for some time in the future.

I'll also argue that, besides JS7, they haven't really had a rider that has shown championship contention. Barcia is a great rider but he's made mistakes every season. Big mistakes that put him out of contention. I don't think Barcia is a contender and looking at results, Peick appears to have had the better chance.
ProjecTMX
1/19/2015 8:29am
Just a question based on my lack of experience on a Yamaha. I always hear about all the power the yamaha's make and I'm sure the JGR team is able to extract the most with the knowledge and resources available. Could too much HP/TQ become counter productive to what the chassis can handle, or options for setting up the bike? I'd assume there has to be a balance to it all.
1/19/2015 8:31am
keinz wrote:
Every pre season they have all pieces togther, contender and etc. What happened after that , we all know.. Is it bad karma? or anything else?
The JGR team is cursed like the Cleveland browns.
Tradmark
1/19/2015 8:35am
Kenny wanted a suzuki from everything i heard. Js7......sorry he wasnt gonna beat those guys. He'd have his days but sorry, notnover the season
1/19/2015 8:58am
Wp looked super fast and skilled on that bike...he was putting that bike where it needed to be! Im bummed Weston isnt out there right now. He is the only one except for Jb10 who has been able to make that Yamaha work!
1/19/2015 8:59am
Ramrod wrote:
What's the problem? I don't get it. This is a good team. Barcia has had some bad starts but his race was great Saturday and he...

IWreckALot wrote:
My philosophy is that when something isn't working, the only way to make things better is to change different pieces. SX/MX is difficult because it's not...
My philosophy is that when something isn't working, the only way to make things better is to change different pieces. SX/MX is difficult because it's not just one piece that makes the puzzle. But the one thing they haven't tried to change is the bike. A lot of riders seem to still stay away from the Yamaha for one reason or another. I don't know what the contract dynamic between Yam and JGR is so this may not be a possibility for some time in the future.

I'll also argue that, besides JS7, they haven't really had a rider that has shown championship contention. Barcia is a great rider but he's made mistakes every season. Big mistakes that put him out of contention. I don't think Barcia is a contender and looking at results, Peick appears to have had the better chance.
Justin Brayton had a great season on that bike till he got hurt...
peelout
1/19/2015 9:10am
that's Barcia's start position, he came up to 4th and wasn't far off Tomac. i'd say he did pretty damn well getting up there from that start. i think he'll win this season, just has to figure out those starts

Scrubadub
1/19/2015 9:38am
Barcia will figure it out after the series heads back east. I could see him winning a race or two if things go his way. Put it this way... Do you think Roczen could have finished as well as Barcia if Kenny had started way back in the pack like that? I am sure we will find out at some point this season. Will be interesting to see how he deals with a bad start in this field.
The Rock
1/19/2015 12:00pm
You may want to re-word the title.. Not sure many people understand what you meant by using the word "joices", myself included.. but I understand the...

The guy is in Latvia so I can appreciate the fact English isn't his first language. For sure I know his English is way better than Latvian.

JGR is a great program and SX/MX is unforgiving. Weston made such a huge splash and will recover quickly and be back on a tear shortly. Barcia will get it together and I am not one of the group who feels his star is dimming. Three races in does not make a season. To be clear he has a challenge ahead of him but who doesn't save maybe Roczen at the moment.

I expect Roczen to do the McGrath thing and win the races he can, podium the ones he can't and roll into Vegas with the points lead. Love to see the 450 class go down to Vegas for a change.
41NDT
1/19/2015 3:30pm
peelout wrote:
that's Barcia's start position, he came up to 4th and wasn't far off Tomac. i'd say he did pretty damn well getting up there from that...
that's Barcia's start position, he came up to 4th and wasn't far off Tomac. i'd say he did pretty damn well getting up there from that start. i think he'll win this season, just has to figure out those starts

Exactly Peelie he's times were fastest in sessions
Preston412
1/19/2015 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2015 4:35pm
I will say it in every thread posted about Yamaha and or JGR. The bike is junk. it takes a tall rider to get any thing positive out of the bike--Milsap and Brayton are the only two riders to have good success on it. Peick will do good because he has a lot of upper body strength to man handle the bike.
Now bash me but I garauntee you Barcia will leave after 2016 unless Yamaha comes out with a redesigned bike.

Post a reply to: JGR joices?

The Latest