JGR...how things have changed.

stillwelding
2/16/2020 7:40pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Coy has moved over to the car racing effort after the untimely and unfortunate passing of his brother. Biggest issue facing JGR is getting good OEM...
Coy has moved over to the car racing effort after the untimely and unfortunate passing of his brother.

Biggest issue facing JGR is getting good OEM support. They dragged Yamaha along when they weren't interested in running a factory program. Then when Yamaha decided to re-enter they basically said "we're good, we'll do our own thing" and JGR felt pretty slighted. So this is why they went to Suzuki, but that was already a sinking ship.

Best outcome for JGR is to become the GasGas team in the USA, or if KTM gave them the TLD program which certainly has been an underperformer.
GasGas, is the best idea.
SwingHard
2/16/2020 7:41pm
Here's my RMZ! My buddy who rides a 19' Honda 450 W.E. took a few laps on my bike, his reaction was, "WOW, I was not expecting that, Its not anything like the magazine test say, it feels and rides so F@#$#! Nice"!
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
648th
2/16/2020 7:45pm
Bruce372 wrote:
No mate, I had a bunch of shit off the bike I was selling separate that I'd picked up over the years
ok, well, mine was gone quicker than i could change my mind... loved that bike.. mine was a 2012, i'd say one of the best years, if not thee best, for the 450.

ps to black diesel, i had the 2006 also. great bike imo.

Bruce372
2/16/2020 7:50pm
Bruce372 wrote:
No mate, I had a bunch of shit off the bike I was selling separate that I'd picked up over the years
SLAPAHO wrote:
ok, well, mine was gone quicker than i could change my mind... loved that bike.. mine was a 2012, i'd say one of the best years...
ok, well, mine was gone quicker than i could change my mind... loved that bike.. mine was a 2012, i'd say one of the best years, if not thee best, for the 450.

ps to black diesel, i had the 2006 also. great bike imo.

I loved mine as well mate, but I wanted the electric start and something that didn't weigh a ton when picking it up in a corner, lol. I even loved the air fork, but everyone that made a call asked if it had the airfork and then never showed up. The 2015s were selling for less than 2014 since no one wanted that fork sadly.

I put some nice graphics on and eventually someone got a really nice bike.

The Shop

2/16/2020 7:51pm
mxtech1 wrote:
I am still a firm believer that the Suzuki is a capable bike. Sure, it probably needs a lot more modification and testing than some of...
I am still a firm believer that the Suzuki is a capable bike. Sure, it probably needs a lot more modification and testing than some of the other bikes to get it where it needs to be, but JGR, and many of the other teams are plenty capable of doing that.

There were 4 Suzuki's in the 450 main at Tampa last night. That's more than KTM, Husqvarna, Kawasaki, and Yamaha had in the field.

More than anything, JGR has bad tuck and timing with picking their riders.
Bruce372 wrote:
Dude, they've struggled to even qualify through the LCQ so far this season, way too early to bring out the mission accomplished banners. If the 2021...
Dude, they've struggled to even qualify through the LCQ so far this season, way too early to bring out the mission accomplished banners.

If the 2021 honda ends up being lightest and most powerful in class as they are claiming, and 2021 suzuki is bng the divide just gets even wider
Just continuing to price them selves out of who actually buys these things, the Suzuki is WAY more capable than anyone riding it and it’s priced good. Shit most people can’t ride a 20 year old 125 to its potential.
Bruce372
2/16/2020 7:52pm
And for the record for everyone with their panties in a bunch, i think it's a great bike, but just lacks something in pro racing.... and that's exacerbated by suzuki pulling factory support across the globe
Mr. Afterbar
2/16/2020 7:55pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Lol. Let's see a picture of your suzuki. They haven't changed much tooling when approx 90 of the parts from the 2008 bolt up to the...
Lol. Let's see a picture of your suzuki.

They haven't changed much tooling when approx 90 of the parts from the 2008 bolt up to the 2017.... I owned both, well a 2009 and a 2015.
Shocker. Bruce arguing with people in another Suzuki thread. It’s like peanut butter and jelly at this point.
Bruce372
2/16/2020 7:58pm
mxtech1 wrote:
I am still a firm believer that the Suzuki is a capable bike. Sure, it probably needs a lot more modification and testing than some of...
I am still a firm believer that the Suzuki is a capable bike. Sure, it probably needs a lot more modification and testing than some of the other bikes to get it where it needs to be, but JGR, and many of the other teams are plenty capable of doing that.

There were 4 Suzuki's in the 450 main at Tampa last night. That's more than KTM, Husqvarna, Kawasaki, and Yamaha had in the field.

More than anything, JGR has bad tuck and timing with picking their riders.
Bruce372 wrote:
Dude, they've struggled to even qualify through the LCQ so far this season, way too early to bring out the mission accomplished banners. If the 2021...
Dude, they've struggled to even qualify through the LCQ so far this season, way too early to bring out the mission accomplished banners.

If the 2021 honda ends up being lightest and most powerful in class as they are claiming, and 2021 suzuki is bng the divide just gets even wider
Just continuing to price them selves out of who actually buys these things, the Suzuki is WAY more capable than anyone riding it and it’s priced...
Just continuing to price them selves out of who actually buys these things, the Suzuki is WAY more capable than anyone riding it and it’s priced good. Shit most people can’t ride a 20 year old 125 to its potential.
good point, t's a shame suzuki dont make a 125 anymore. I bought my rm125 2004 in 2006 and only sold it last summer because it was too difficult to keep running for lack of parts.
H4L
2/16/2020 8:10pm
Oh, well please help me understand? What experiences have you had with the Suzuki? Please explain your logic? Because from what I can read there is...
Oh, well please help me understand?

What experiences have you had with the Suzuki? Please explain your logic? Because from what I can read there is non. Your saying the bike is heavy? Where is the weight at and at what point did you start to see it becoming a disadvantage? What exactly is outdated on the bike? The kick start?
(You may need to pull up the vitals cliffs notes on the subject) im sure you like many others on here have ZERO experience when it comes to this bike.

Your saying the jgr bike is at a disadvantage? Please elaborate?

My feelings dont get hurt whatsoever. I guess this is a case where I can't argue with stupid.
Grinning Simmer down Nancy. No need to get all emotional about it..Whistling
Spat24
Fantasy
1140th
2/16/2020 8:28pm
Go ahead, bash my old heavy vintage pig all you want. RC could still lap you on it: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/16/404932/s1200_zook.jpg[/img]
Go ahead, bash my old heavy vintage pig all you want. RC could still lap you on it:

I am usually not a fan of white Zooks...

But your bike looks amazing!
Bruce372
2/16/2020 8:40pm
Oh, well please help me understand? What experiences have you had with the Suzuki? Please explain your logic? Because from what I can read there is...
Oh, well please help me understand?

What experiences have you had with the Suzuki? Please explain your logic? Because from what I can read there is non. Your saying the bike is heavy? Where is the weight at and at what point did you start to see it becoming a disadvantage? What exactly is outdated on the bike? The kick start?
(You may need to pull up the vitals cliffs notes on the subject) im sure you like many others on here have ZERO experience when it comes to this bike.

Your saying the jgr bike is at a disadvantage? Please elaborate?

My feelings dont get hurt whatsoever. I guess this is a case where I can't argue with stupid.
H4L wrote:
Grinning Simmer down Nancy. No need to get all emotional about it..Whistling
Lots of passion in the suzuki threads... no passion at the suzuki dealers.
yz133rider
2/16/2020 8:58pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Lots of passion in the suzuki threads... no passion at the suzuki dealers.
If you rode as fast as you run your mouth in these threads, we'd be watching you race on Saturday nights.
2/17/2020 6:26am
Point is a Suzuki 450 is a way better bike than anyone riding it, you are no faster on any other color bike, it’s priced right, it’s bullet proof, contingency is great. Yes you have to kick it, but let’s be real mine starts first kick when it’s 100 degrees outside or 15. Well that wasn’t the point of this thread but oh well lol
JAFO92
2/17/2020 6:34am
Point is a Suzuki 450 is a way better bike than anyone riding it, you are no faster on any other color bike, it’s priced right...
Point is a Suzuki 450 is a way better bike than anyone riding it, you are no faster on any other color bike, it’s priced right, it’s bullet proof, contingency is great. Yes you have to kick it, but let’s be real mine starts first kick when it’s 100 degrees outside or 15. Well that wasn’t the point of this thread but oh well lol
I think the overall lesson here is just how easily programmed the average weekend warrior bubba is.

2/17/2020 7:37am
Point is a Suzuki 450 is a way better bike than anyone riding it, you are no faster on any other color bike, it’s priced right...
JAFO92 wrote:
I think the overall lesson here is just how easily programmed the average weekend warrior bubba is.

Buncha sheep
Johnny Depp
2/17/2020 8:36am
JGR is no different than factory Yamaha and Honda. They are locked into the wrong setups for years. JS7’s setup is not for everyone.
RCMXracing
2/17/2020 8:50am
This is a mildly entertaining thread. All the emotion. Started as a JGR post, now defend or bash a Zuk. Fantastic. Getting emotionally attached to a dirt cycle is odd to me. Not judging, just can’t relate. They get used and abused then you fix or get another. *shrug*

Post a reply to: JGR...how things have changed.

The Latest