JGR going bye-bye?

deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
10/9/2019 2:29pm
I disagree.
I was 18 when i purchased my first new bike off the showroom floor..

And most of the guys i ride/race with are all under 25 and have purchased new bikes.
10/9/2019 2:53pm
I disagree.
I was 18 when i purchased my first new bike off the showroom floor.. And most of the guys i ride/race with are all under 25...
I was 18 when i purchased my first new bike off the showroom floor..

And most of the guys i ride/race with are all under 25 and have purchased new bikes.
^ this

Is Mr. Jones "buying" the crf 50? Technically, yes. Is he buying it for little Johnny because he saw KR winning a race on the red bike? Yup. The target demographic is the age group consuming the product. Not necessarily the guy writing the check. Total manufacturer sales are bigger than the 250's and 450's racing Saturday night. There's many other size and format of off road bikes.
mxman
10/9/2019 3:02pm
Totally agree. I can look around my local tracks and the higher percentage are well over 35......

The Shop

Mr. Afterbar
10/9/2019 3:32pm
I disagree.
Seeing as how there’s about 7 years of an age gap to buy brand new bikes below 25 years old and an age gap of up to 40 years in many cases above 25 years old to buy new bikes, I have to say that there is absolutely no chance you are correct. Not to mention people in their later adult years have significantly more disposable income.
10/9/2019 3:42pm
I disagree.
Seeing as how there’s about 7 years of an age gap to buy brand new bikes below 25 years old and an age gap of up...
Seeing as how there’s about 7 years of an age gap to buy brand new bikes below 25 years old and an age gap of up to 40 years in many cases above 25 years old to buy new bikes, I have to say that there is absolutely no chance you are correct. Not to mention people in their later adult years have significantly more disposable income.
Well, unless you're a motorcycle marketing executive with real data, because I'm certainly not, we'll agree to disagree.
Lightning78
10/9/2019 3:43pm
I disagree.
I disagree Dick .... you MIGHT see a good amount of riders under 25 RIDING the bike but i guarantee you at least half of them didnt buy the bike itself.
I was at Club Moto the Saturday before last and id say 90% of the riders visibly in their early 20’s were on bikes a generation or two older than the most current model and the other roughly 10% were riding 2 strokes.

Sure we hear the cliche saying “Bikes are so GOOD nowadays” and sure they are and most of the time thats coming from seasoned riders that rode and raced in the 90’s and actually rode shitty bikes and early 4 strokes before and with the inception of early EFI. I personally feel other than EFI, bikes havent really improved or evolved much since the mid 2000’s some would say 4 strokes have because they started with a massive displacement advantage and were fine tuned to get them to where they are today but overall fame construction and design as well as suspension design and evolution have plateaued starting with the 2006 Yamaha’s KYB’s and bikes have nearly doubled in MSRP. People’s discretionary income ESPECIALLY young adults in the demographic say 30 and under hasnt kept up with a new dirtbike at $10,500 otd.

Did i take off on a tangent? Yes but it is relatable
10/9/2019 3:48pm
I disagree.
I disagree Dick .... you MIGHT see a good amount of riders under 25 RIDING the bike but i guarantee you at least half of them...
I disagree Dick .... you MIGHT see a good amount of riders under 25 RIDING the bike but i guarantee you at least half of them didnt buy the bike itself.
I was at Club Moto the Saturday before last and id say 90% of the riders visibly in their early 20’s were on bikes a generation or two older than the most current model and the other roughly 10% were riding 2 strokes.

Sure we hear the cliche saying “Bikes are so GOOD nowadays” and sure they are and most of the time thats coming from seasoned riders that rode and raced in the 90’s and actually rode shitty bikes and early 4 strokes before and with the inception of early EFI. I personally feel other than EFI, bikes havent really improved or evolved much since the mid 2000’s some would say 4 strokes have because they started with a massive displacement advantage and were fine tuned to get them to where they are today but overall fame construction and design as well as suspension design and evolution have plateaued starting with the 2006 Yamaha’s KYB’s and bikes have nearly doubled in MSRP. People’s discretionary income ESPECIALLY young adults in the demographic say 30 and under hasnt kept up with a new dirtbike at $10,500 otd.

Do you think the manufacturers are marketing towards grandpa writing the check or little Billy watching the races? Who "buys" the bike is irrelevant.
Spat24
Fantasy
856th
10/9/2019 7:22pm
Hudd_421 wrote:
Toyota has already been a large sponsor and are the OEM for the NASCAR team...So, no. I don't gather additional funds from Toyota just from this...
Toyota has already been a large sponsor and are the OEM for the NASCAR team...So, no. I don't gather additional funds from Toyota just from this pic.
Yeah - I know I am reaching. But i can hope.
Johnny Ringo
10/9/2019 7:29pm
davistld01 wrote:
JGR/Stewart, JGR/Barcia, JGR/Reed...huge talent, no wins. What is the common denominator here? Maybe Savatgy can break the cycle. At least he’s proven to be top-five capable..:and...
JGR/Stewart, JGR/Barcia, JGR/Reed...huge talent, no wins. What is the common denominator here? Maybe Savatgy can break the cycle. At least he’s proven to be top-five capable..:and young.
You know they’ve won before, right?
10/9/2019 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2019 8:47pm
I don't buy into the energy drink conspiracy theory that seems to be popular. Money is money. Camel cigarettes were the title sponsor when I first...
I don't buy into the energy drink conspiracy theory that seems to be popular. Money is money. Camel cigarettes were the title sponsor when I first got into the sport. The reality is, 25 and under IS the demographic of the sport. Regardless of who the sponsors are. The majority of grown men in the population are not watching and spending money on moto. I assume it has been and always will be challenging to get sponsors. As much as our world's revolve around the sport, look around. I can 100% tell you I'm in the minority of people I work with or interact with, when it comes to being a fan of moto.
But the 25 and under demographic doesn't have the expendable income needed for most companies to have interest. They don't want to squeeze blood out of a turnip. Not many 25 year olds buy brand new +$40,000 Tacoma's. Nor do they buy $10k bikes every season. But, they can afford a pack of cigarettes, Coors or can of Monster. The sport has just replaced one cheap affordable substance with the next in line that's still legal to market to a younger audience, publically. It's become a running trend.
BobbyM
10/9/2019 8:44pm
Looks like they threw in the towel. Here's the latest Pic of the race shop. bummer
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
10/9/2019 10:26pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2019 10:27pm
I disagree.
I disagree Dick .... you MIGHT see a good amount of riders under 25 RIDING the bike but i guarantee you at least half of them...

disagree again hahaha

I can vouch for a large field of guys who are just finished there apprenticeship and now on good money and want to treat them selves to a newer iron steed.

Here in Australia any way.. Biggest market is 18-25.

Go to the other end of the scale is its the old fellas buying junior bikes for their kids.

mxmaniac
10/10/2019 12:57am
I disagree.

disagree again hahaha I can vouch for a large field of guys who are just finished there apprenticeship and now on good money and want to...
disagree again hahaha

I can vouch for a large field of guys who are just finished there apprenticeship and now on good money and want to treat them selves to a newer iron steed.

Go to the other end of the scale is its the old fellas buying junior bikes for their kids.

The Vets had the biggest class by the look of it at the last event I went to in Victoria. Spins me out
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
10/10/2019 1:29am
BobbyM wrote:
Looks like they threw in the towel. Here's the latest Pic of the race shop. bummer
that's their new R&D Center.

Look at the serious lean angle of that building. I bet they are making bikes turn sharper there.
kawasa84
10/10/2019 3:22am
I disagree.
1 day ago, October 9th, I submitted order from motosport for $2700 in spare parts, parts to use in the next week, and parts for a bike build I'm doing.
That follows an order on August 19th, for $1372 for parts for my 3rd motocross bike.
So far in 2019, I've spent more than $6000 on MX parts, over $700 in practice gate fees.
I own 3 MX bikes, 2 street bikes (both V-twin cruisers) a TREK Madone road bike and a Specialized MB.
I make a lot more than most of the 25 and under crowd, and spend more keeping my bikes in excellent shape than what I could have when I was younger.

I Disagree with you.
Oh, and I'm 53,yrs old, gonna be 54 in 2 months
10/10/2019 3:37am

disagree again hahaha I can vouch for a large field of guys who are just finished there apprenticeship and now on good money and want to...
disagree again hahaha

mxmaniac wrote:
The Vets had the biggest class by the look of it at the last event I went to in Victoria. Spins me out
Definitely a lot more vets buying new bikes in Australia 👍
10/10/2019 3:40am
Kawasaki buys Suzuki off road and makes them yellow KX’s again. Just think of AC or Tomac on a yellow KX.
10/10/2019 3:40am
I disagree.
kawasa84 wrote:
1 day ago, October 9th, I submitted order from motosport for $2700 in spare parts, parts to use in the next week, and parts for a...
1 day ago, October 9th, I submitted order from motosport for $2700 in spare parts, parts to use in the next week, and parts for a bike build I'm doing.
That follows an order on August 19th, for $1372 for parts for my 3rd motocross bike.
So far in 2019, I've spent more than $6000 on MX parts, over $700 in practice gate fees.
I own 3 MX bikes, 2 street bikes (both V-twin cruisers) a TREK Madone road bike and a Specialized MB.
I make a lot more than most of the 25 and under crowd, and spend more keeping my bikes in excellent shape than what I could have when I was younger.

I Disagree with you.
Oh, and I'm 53,yrs old, gonna be 54 in 2 months
I’m 37 and know exactly what you’re talking about. 😂
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
10/10/2019 4:21am
Kawasaki buys Suzuki off road and makes them yellow KX’s again. Just think of AC or Tomac on a yellow KX.
My brain says yes, but my heart screams NO.
10/10/2019 8:23am Edited Date/Time 10/10/2019 8:25am
None of this is about who can afford new bikes though. It's about a team possibly folding because they can't find enough financial backing to keep the lights on and having sponsors pull out in the 11th hour. A team with almost unlimited outside industry resources to pull knowledge and information from. There's no money in the sport because the bike manufacturers are the only ones currently investing large sums of money and keeping it alive. Maybe Suzuki is getting tired of it. All the energy drink sponsors are connected to OEM's which doesn't seem to leave much left for everyone else.
Conkey
10/10/2019 8:40am
Too bad that Rockstar had their split with Suzuki. Which is funny now that they work with a brand that is tied to Red Bull by way of the OEMs sister brand.
Racerman967
10/10/2019 10:09am
None of this is about who can afford new bikes though. It's about a team possibly folding because they can't find enough financial backing to keep...
None of this is about who can afford new bikes though. It's about a team possibly folding because they can't find enough financial backing to keep the lights on and having sponsors pull out in the 11th hour. A team with almost unlimited outside industry resources to pull knowledge and information from. There's no money in the sport because the bike manufacturers are the only ones currently investing large sums of money and keeping it alive. Maybe Suzuki is getting tired of it. All the energy drink sponsors are connected to OEM's which doesn't seem to leave much left for everyone else.
And like NASCAR when a company outside of the sport does sponsor a team, the promoter gets them to sponsor the series instead. You basically have the promoter competing against the teams for sponsorship.

If VP sponsored the series and for that all racers used that fuel and it was free or seriously discounted it might be different.
hamncheeze
10/24/2019 12:39am
"So you're sayin' there's a chance"

I really really hopes this all works out and they can take 4 guys racing. A-mart and Savatgy look like they are probably good to go but this still leaves Jimmy D, Kyle Peters and Enzo Lopes hanging.
Rotaholic
10/24/2019 3:31am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Thats so grim, but man I feel like I want them to succeed even more now. They just want to go racing, such a cut throat industry. Gonna buy a JGR suzuki shirt off them, just to let them know we are fans and we are behind them 100% 👊
10/24/2019 8:45am
None of this is about who can afford new bikes though. It's about a team possibly folding because they can't find enough financial backing to keep...
And like NASCAR when a company outside of the sport does sponsor a team, the promoter gets them to sponsor the series instead. You basically have...
And like NASCAR when a company outside of the sport does sponsor a team, the promoter gets them to sponsor the series instead. You basically have the promoter competing against the teams for sponsorship.

If VP sponsored the series and for that all racers used that fuel and it was free or seriously discounted it might be different.
New sponsors say it all the time that shortly after entering the sport they start getting bombardrd by Feld.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
10/24/2019 1:26pm
JGR Gas-Gas? Seems like a legit possibility with JGR needing financial and factory support, and Gas-Gas needing a way to present themselves since KTM purchased them....
10/24/2019 1:46pm
I hope they pull it off because if they do 2020 will be the year of the under dogs....JGR + Savatgy!

I believe Savatgy is going to stomp some ass on that piss-poor-shootout-losing yellow #17.

Post a reply to: JGR going bye-bye?

The Latest