JGR comeback?

kripple428
Edited Date/Time 6/23/2022 2:14am
I know Coy Gibbs had said that he would love to bring the team back if there was money to be made and sponsorship opportunities. Also with some of the other NASCAR industry getting involved with Rick Ware Racing Do you guys think it’s possible we see JGR make a comeback for the world supercross series?
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/22/2022 6:07am
kripple428 wrote:
I know Coy Gibbs had said that he would love to bring the team back if there was money to be made and sponsorship opportunities. Also...
I know Coy Gibbs had said that he would love to bring the team back if there was money to be made and sponsorship opportunities. Also with some of the other NASCAR industry getting involved with Rick Ware Racing Do you guys think it’s possible we see JGR make a comeback for the world supercross series?
Sadly, I don’t think so. There’s a team being announced today and that leaves three spots left. I know two of those three spots and JGR isn’t one of them. Unless they snag the final spot…but a good source told me that spot is a non-US based team.
hasko158
6/22/2022 6:12am
kripple428 wrote:
I know Coy Gibbs had said that he would love to bring the team back if there was money to be made and sponsorship opportunities. Also...
ML512 wrote:
Sadly, I don’t think so. There’s a team being announced today and that leaves three spots left. I know two of those three spots and JGR...
Sadly, I don’t think so. There’s a team being announced today and that leaves three spots left. I know two of those three spots and JGR isn’t one of them. Unless they snag the final spot…but a good source told me that spot is a non-US based team.
Who is rumored to be heading up the Triumph team? Wasn't that JGR for a while?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/22/2022 6:17am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2022 8:04am
kripple428 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Sadly, I don’t think so. There’s a team being announced today and that leaves three spots left. I know two of those three spots and JGR...
hasko158 wrote:
So as far as I’m aware, Triump initially looked at having an organization run the team but later decided to just take it in-house and head hunt for these team spots.

A few people are saying Hewitt is involved at some level with what Triumph decided to do internally.
nskerb
6/22/2022 6:21am
ML512 wrote:
So as far as I’m aware, Triump initially looked at having an organization run the team but later decided to just take it in-house and head...
So as far as I’m aware, Triump initially looked at having an organization run the team but later decided to just take it in-house and head hunt for these team spots.

A few people are saying Hewitt is involved at some level with what Triumph decided to do internally.
ML, is there even the slightest substantiated rumor of when we’ll get more info on triumph? Seems super weird they made a big initial announcement and have been radio silence since.

The Shop

AH387
6/22/2022 6:42am
The team being announced today is a blast from the past in SX but not JGR.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
6/22/2022 7:02am
kripple428 wrote:
"...would love to bring the team back if there was money to be made..."

Xeno
6/22/2022 7:05am
MDK getting back in the game?
uncledaddy69
Fantasy
1019th
6/22/2022 7:20am
AH387 wrote:
The team being announced today is a blast from the past in SX but not JGR.
Bills Pipes/Primal Impulse Suzuki?
murph783
6/22/2022 7:32am
kripple428 wrote:
"...would love to bring the team back if there was money to be made..." [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/027/242/vault.jpg[/img]

Accurate Grinning
kripple428
6/22/2022 7:42am
kripple428 wrote:
"...would love to bring the team back if there was money to be made..." [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/027/242/vault.jpg[/img]

murph783 wrote:
Accurate Grinning
From the sounds of things the world supercross series is offering lots of opportunities for the teams to make money and grow financially over the years. Rick Ware wouldn’t be getting involved unless there were dollars to be made.
AH387
6/22/2022 7:43am
Bills Pipes/Primal Impulse Suzuki?
No but that would be awesome.

I believe it's been posted on here now in the news but it's MDK.
Jeffery_Cutty
6/22/2022 7:55am
I just hope Rick ware doesn’t run his supercross team like his nascar team. I would look for Logan Karnow to be on his team though as Rick is already one of his sponsors
cappelmans
6/22/2022 8:52am
Still the coolest team in the pits without being in the pits!
6/22/2022 8:56am
Why is it so poorly communicated this wsx series no one cares about mdk firepower Honda or watever it is the series I see flopping as you can see by announcements poorly organised
Payup_199
6/22/2022 8:58am
ML512 wrote:
So as far as I’m aware, Triump initially looked at having an organization run the team but later decided to just take it in-house and head...

Who/what is the new US based team coming with Rocky Mountain ATVMC as the title sponsor? Matthes kept dropping that on Mondays show.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/22/2022 9:04am
ML512 wrote:

Payup_199 wrote:
Who/what is the new US based team coming with Rocky Mountain ATVMC as the title sponsor? Matthes kept dropping that on Mondays show.
It’s a team that Mark Mackenzie and Dan Truman are working on putting together. Backing from RM ATV/MC and I believe one of the Austrian brands. Mark is the money guy / partner that got involved with Forrest this year on BBMX, he owns the 83 compound (Reed’s old place) and his son Ethan Lane is an A class amateur. I think Seth Rarick is working for them still and may have some management involvement in this upcoming team too.
McG194
6/22/2022 9:50am
lumpy790 wrote:
YOT?
Bring back the dragon!
If they are going to bring it back bring back the real OG Honda of Troy and make them the blue bikes from Kenworthy's 96.

* I'm fully aware the team owner is no longer with us so it's not going to happen. It would be cool though.
Rupert X
6/22/2022 9:58am
My sauces strongly suggest a team collaboration between the cops and a weed company are being rolled up, as we speak.

AH387
6/22/2022 10:44am
Bring back the dragon!
My fav team ever. I'm running some YOT replica graphics on my 125.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
6/22/2022 11:07am
JGR and Triumph seemed like it had some potential. Sounds like that's out. So what about JGR and Beta? 1 - 250 and 1 - 450 to start the team. It would seem like JGR would still have the infrastructure to pull that together quickly and easily.

One can at least hope...
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
6/22/2022 11:13am
Xeno wrote:
MDK getting back in the game?
Yes, World supercross.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
6/22/2022 11:16am
ML512 wrote:
hasko158 wrote:
ML512 wrote:

I’ve heard Hewitt too. I also heard the guy who left Butler’s, I can’t remember the name, was also contacted.
6/22/2022 11:42am
Bring back the dragon!
AH387 wrote:
My fav team ever. I'm running some YOT replica graphics on my 125.
They looked so good back in the day! I used to run the graphics on my YZ years ago
AH387
6/22/2022 12:01pm
They looked so good back in the day! I used to run the graphics on my YZ years ago [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/06/22/556295/s1200_22A1848E_53B6_45C7_BBA2_415F0845841C.jpg[/img]
They looked so good back in the day! I used to run the graphics on my YZ years ago
Hell ya. Looks great. You can never go wrong with any YOT-based scheme lol. Here's mine from last week.

Post a reply to: JGR comeback?

The Latest