JGR Suzuki retail race parts

Edited Date/Time 5/31/2019 12:49pm
Some nice parts now available from these guys. Who is/would be interested in these parts? Big bucks for that stage 2 kit but!
|
5/27/2019 12:48pm
Wonder if they will port your cylinder head given it's fairly new in good condition to save a few bucks?
yz133rider
5/27/2019 1:05pm
Super badass. Kinda cool all new parts you could sell it seperately after use recoup some of the money.
Bruce372
5/27/2019 1:43pm
Damn, the stage 2 kit is nearly as much as a new Suzuki. Throw in a grand for a clutch and you've still got a heavy bike with poor brakes.
yz133rider
5/27/2019 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2019 1:57pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Damn, the stage 2 kit is nearly as much as a new Suzuki. Throw in a grand for a clutch and you've still got a heavy...
Damn, the stage 2 kit is nearly as much as a new Suzuki. Throw in a grand for a clutch and you've still got a heavy bike with poor brakes.
I bet if you rode one you would be blown away with a few tweaks from stock. Not everything translates from paper to the dirt.

The Shop

Bruce372
5/27/2019 3:03pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Damn, the stage 2 kit is nearly as much as a new Suzuki. Throw in a grand for a clutch and you've still got a heavy...
yz133rider wrote:
I bet if you rode one you would be blown away with a few tweaks from stock. Not everything translates from paper to the dirt.
I am sure I would, but I'd be more concerned about stopping the thing.
motomike894
5/27/2019 3:25pm
My new Suzuki has better brakes than my previous Yamaha ever had I have no issues with the stopping power plus I got 65 hours out of the original pads front and rear and the rears I bet could’ve gone until 80-85

Anyway not sure where the shitty brakes is coming from lol
5/27/2019 4:01pm
My new Suzuki has better brakes than my previous Yamaha ever had I have no issues with the stopping power plus I got 65 hours out...
My new Suzuki has better brakes than my previous Yamaha ever had I have no issues with the stopping power plus I got 65 hours out of the original pads front and rear and the rears I bet could’ve gone until 80-85

Like 99% of the detractors on here they spew out what the read on a shootout
kiwifan
5/27/2019 4:10pm
I say good on JGR for making a few bucks !
yz133rider
5/27/2019 4:13pm
Bruce372 wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
I put a ride engineering caliper on mine and am blown away at the improvement. All jap bikes brakes are miles behind the brembos. This caliper changes that.
Sluggo77
5/27/2019 4:33pm
Bruce372 wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
Someone who can pay 4k for a motor package is going to leave the rest of the bike bone stock?

Anyway if you love Suzuki's as many do this is great! I bet the thing rips and is also reliable.
This sounds like JGR is anticipating a long term future with Suzuki so perhaps rumors of their demise are just smoke and no fire.
APLMAN99
5/27/2019 5:02pm
Bruce372 wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
Invest a couple of dollars in one of these and you'll probably be fine unless you're scoring National points every weekend.....

mb60
5/27/2019 6:41pm
Sluggo77 wrote:
Someone who can pay 4k for a motor package is going to leave the rest of the bike bone stock? Anyway if you love Suzuki's as...
Someone who can pay 4k for a motor package is going to leave the rest of the bike bone stock?

Anyway if you love Suzuki's as many do this is great! I bet the thing rips and is also reliable.
This sounds like JGR is anticipating a long term future with Suzuki so perhaps rumors of their demise are just smoke and no fire.
I hope JGR is around for the future. Makes me wonder if this could be away to make some money before they get out all together. I hope not but really sad they can only fund one rider on a 450 for the outdoors.
5/27/2019 8:41pm
yz133rider wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Invest a couple of dollars in one of these and you'll probably be fine unless you're scoring National points every weekend..... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/05/27/350573/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Invest a couple of dollars in one of these and you'll probably be fine unless you're scoring National points every weekend.....

Or these....
5/27/2019 8:45pm
I thought it interesting they didn't mention Chad as a development rider. Thoughts?
Subotai
5/27/2019 10:14pm
Call me crazy, and I might be, but it could also be the end run for this engine design and jgr wants to recoup some development costs on a soon to be dead engine architecture. Who knows?!
Paging ML!
Press516
Fantasy
90th
5/28/2019 1:17pm
Some will call me crazy, but I'd like to see JGR field an MXGP bike too...
Rotaholic
5/28/2019 1:22pm
Would be good if they did some suspension packages, no one has the time on the new chassis like these guys.
5/28/2019 2:32pm
I wonder how competive there head package will be, vs a Pro circuit head, Twisteddelovementracing, Ron Hamp C4mx and all the great head builders out there?
yz133rider
5/28/2019 2:42pm
I wonder how competive there head package will be, vs a Pro circuit head, Twisteddelovementracing, Ron Hamp C4mx and all the great head builders out there?
Shame We'll never really find out that answer. You gotta drop 2-4gs to find out how one of them does let alone how they compare.
Cancerman
5/28/2019 2:57pm
JGR bikes don't seem to be down on power. All 450's can be made crazy fast. Traction is the big issue. And the type of power. An oversized front brake kit is a cheap upgrade. I put one on my RM500AF and it'll put you over the bars if you don't respect it. JGR sells and develops lots of race parts. This just helps support the development of the Suzuki race line. Bravo JGR and Suzuki. As far as costs go, any stage 2 / Pro level motor is going to cost almost as much as a bike. Any of them. Just the way it goes, things cost money. Or, just add a pipe, remap it, and ride it stock. From what I read, a rear link and shock mod, a muffler and remap, it's good to go. I hear a high compression piston adds some extra grunt, too. Losing 20 lbs, that's another story....
5/28/2019 3:06pm
Have you seen the starts their boys are getting on the 250's? And Bogle and Reed last year on the 450? With only one brand to develop, these guys would have the edge for mine
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
5/28/2019 3:07pm
Bruce372 wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
$120 Tusk oversized rotor...

You're welcome.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
5/28/2019 3:09pm
My new Suzuki has better brakes than my previous Yamaha ever had I have no issues with the stopping power plus I got 65 hours out...

MXA readers and the Orange Kool-aid drinkers.
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1679th
5/28/2019 4:10pm
Not sure how much access the team has to the cup side of things, but I’m sure they have access to what’s needed to do proper R&D and make whatever gains there were to be had.
reded
5/28/2019 4:18pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2019 4:20pm

Bruce may wanna stray from doubting this guy. Big dude that goes like hell, if it stops him, I’d have nothing to worry about.

*disclaimer* I own newer model Husky and KTM, they both have phenomenal brakes.
5/28/2019 6:20pm
kiwifan wrote:
I say good on JGR for making a few bucks !
This isn’t highly profitable

Imagine this program as the gytr program yamaha has

Same concept
5/28/2019 6:23pm
UGOTBIT wrote:
Not sure how much access the team has to the cup side of things, but I’m sure they have access to what’s needed to do proper...
Not sure how much access the team has to the cup side of things, but I’m sure they have access to what’s needed to do proper R&D and make whatever gains there were to be had.
Not sure if you guys watch the same races I do?
But the jgr 250 has been up front on a lot of starts all year long

It sounds fantastic which isn’t everything...

And hasn’t broken once to my knowledge

I’d say cup access or not (the Cnc heads are from cup side) it’s clearly a solid engine package

Now - they won’t sell all the goodies, but what is available will turn the rmz into a solid package up against any other color in mod form that most consumers have access to
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
5/28/2019 7:15pm
UGOTBIT wrote:
Not sure how much access the team has to the cup side of things, but I’m sure they have access to what’s needed to do proper...
Not sure if you guys watch the same races I do? But the jgr 250 has been up front on a lot of starts all year...
Not sure if you guys watch the same races I do?
But the jgr 250 has been up front on a lot of starts all year long

It sounds fantastic which isn’t everything...

And hasn’t broken once to my knowledge

I’d say cup access or not (the Cnc heads are from cup side) it’s clearly a solid engine package

Now - they won’t sell all the goodies, but what is available will turn the rmz into a solid package up against any other color in mod form that most consumers have access to
I’m pretty sure Toyota handles the motors on the Cup side in CA at the TRD facility.

Post a reply to: JGR Suzuki retail race parts

The Latest