JGR Suspension??

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2011 1:32 PM

Im curious if anyone has tried out the JGR shop yet? I just got an 11 Yamaha 450 and have been kicking around the idea about sending my suspension to them but the price is quite a bit more that lets say FC or Enzo or any of the other companies. If anyone has got their stuff done by them any input would be awesome.

|

1/5/2011 2:22 PM

Since you're from Texas, check with Rusty Potter. I think he used their stuff last year on his Yamaha before he got his Suzuki support deal.

|

1/5/2011 2:24 PM

the stuff is unreal and they're really good people.

ask for Tim.

|

@endurolyfe 🏴‍☠️

1/5/2011 2:45 PM

Not saying It's bad, but it's not worth the extra price. Smoke and Mirrors.

|

1/5/2011 2:53 PM

BIGHEAD1 wrote:

Not saying It's bad, but it's not worth the extra price. Smoke and Mirrors.

Your handle is quite the oxyMORON. Funny stuff for sure.

|

1/5/2011 3:24 PM

Rusty Potter used MB1 Suspension for his suspension. They are based in California and are great people..

|

1/5/2011 3:50 PM

Stick with ENZO, they've bean affiliated with KYB for over 25 years now. At least you know your in the right hands with out a doubt

|

1/5/2011 3:54 PM

From what I have seen and heard the 2011 Yamaha is horrible out of the crate and takes a lot of suspension work from the right person to make it decent. No one should know that better than JGR

|

"I truly think it is time to stop calling JS the fastest man on the planet cause he is not and actually never really was."

1/5/2011 4:04 PM

JGR does good work on all the bikes.

anyone who says they aren't good, haven't tried the stuff out or they're horrible at their own bike set up.

|

@endurolyfe 🏴‍☠️

1/5/2011 4:11 PM

Theres a Enzo shop that just opened in Texas by River Valley

|

1/5/2011 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2011 4:43 PM

JGR has a custom rear shock... they are that good enough said

|

1/5/2011 5:16 PM

JGR did Les Smiths SX YZ250F last year and the suspension worked incredibly well......and he came off of PC SX modded A kit.

|

1/5/2011 5:17 PM

If you mention that you listen to the Pulpmx show,they will give you a discount. At least that's what Coy told me he wants to do..

|

Mathis is getting weeded out of the pro pits one team at a time he and his almighty will be outsiders soon.

1/5/2011 6:06 PM

|

1/5/2011 6:09 PM

looks beat. someone put that on thedirty.

|

1/5/2011 6:09 PM

Kawirider wrote:

Theres a Enzo shop that just opened in Texas by River Valley

Long way from El Pasocool

|

1/5/2011 6:26 PM

Can an average joe racer really tell the difference between Enzo, PC, and JGR suspension. I would think not.

|

A CEO, A Union Worker, and a Tea Party member are sitting at a table with a dozen cookies. The CEO takes 11 cookies then turns to the Tea Party member and says, "Watch out for that union guy. He wants to take some of your cookie!"

1/5/2011 7:06 PM

dcmx326 wrote:

Can an average joe racer really tell the difference between Enzo, PC, and JGR suspension. I would think not.

Jwith the right setup you can ABSOLUTELY tell the difference they all have their strengths and weaknesses or they would be the same and you're paying for their logo its hard to say which is best but with Any mentioned so far and you cannot go wrong even rg3's smart valve setup is butter...pick one and try to shoot for the pricey parts not anodizing or dlc but things like the smart valve, a custom internal part from these guys take it to a level above a standard revalve I don't work or am affiliated with any of them and run mine stock with stiffer spring ....works time just fine if I had the dough it would get the rockstar treatment luckily I have a half assed understanding on how to set my bikes up

modern stock suspension is surprisingly good once you get the right springs

|

1/5/2011 7:07 PM

Sorry for all the typos its.not easy doing this on a phone

|

1/5/2011 7:13 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

Sorry for all the typos its.not easy doing this on a phone

Well, I just remember having no problem beating half the field at Loretta's in the 125 B Mod class with a bone stock CR 125. When I say stock, I mean showroom floor stock. The only thing that could have been different was my bars.

|

A CEO, A Union Worker, and a Tea Party member are sitting at a table with a dozen cookies. The CEO takes 11 cookies then turns to the Tea Party member and says, "Watch out for that union guy. He wants to take some of your cookie!"

1/5/2011 8:05 PM

At 6'3 I weigh 200lbs .....if I was 50 lbs lighter I could've used the stock springs ..and be able to ride a 125 lol ...my 06 rm250 is perfect bone stock

|

1/5/2011 8:25 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

At 6'3 I weigh 200lbs .....if I was 50 lbs lighter I could've used the stock springs ..and be able to ride a 125 lol ...my 06 rm250 is perfect bone stock

Amen bro. My bone stock 05 RM250 will take my 50 year old body through any section of any track as fast as I care to go. Keep the fork and shock oil fresh and play with the settings in an organized manner.

|

1/5/2011 10:46 PM

I'm just trying to dial in my '09 YZ250 I just picked up. Unfortunately the first thing to go was that sweet Ti shock spring. At 6'1 and 195 lbs I had to go up a size and opted for a straight rate steel spring.

It takes a lot of discipline to really do serious testing of your suspension. How many of you guys can say you have really put in the time testing out suspension settings, spring rates, oil height, etc. ? I give it a shot but just don't have the experience or knowledge base to always know which way to go on settings.

I was thinking that someone that has credible experience could probably charge a decent sum for say ... meeting you at a track and spending an hour or two helping you find the right settings.

BTW - anyone in the market for a like new 4.9 Ti shock spring?

|

1/5/2011 10:51 PM

a friend of mine who used to do kawi worcs bikes now does just that. i was going to have him meet me at the track to dial in my stuff with me, but his new job at KTM prevents him from doing any freelance stuff anymore.

|

not cool enough for motodrivel....banned from motodrive....so im stuck here to rot.

1/6/2011 8:08 AM

Stock suspension now days is good but.......the right springs with the matching custom shim stack is better .......and cheaper than a emergency room visit!

|

1/6/2011 8:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2011 8:11 AM

Hey - as Lumpy mentioned above - my son, Les Smith used their suspension last year and was absolutely thrilled with the performance of the suspension. He's had some good suspension throughout his amateur career - and has nothing but the best things to say about the suspension and the support from the guys at JGR - he says Tim was awesome to work with, too........just our 2 cents.....and they have an in-house suspension dyno.....

|

1/6/2011 8:14 AM

Weeks381fan wrote:

From what I have seen and heard the 2011 Yamaha is horrible out of the crate and takes a lot of suspension work from the right person to make it decent. No one should know that better than JGR

I have ridden one, I can't speak for others but I really liked it..

|

1/6/2011 8:51 AM

KawiMama108 wrote:

Hey - as Lumpy mentioned above - my son, Les Smith used their suspension last year and was absolutely thrilled with the performance of the suspension. He's had some good suspension throughout his amateur career - and has nothing but the best things to say about the suspension and the support from the guys at JGR - he says Tim was awesome to work with, too........just our 2 cents.....and they have an in-house suspension dyno.....

Exactly. I am sure you got it for free.However, if you were to pay for it,would you rather pay $800 at the other companies or $1600 at JGR? That's what I am trying to say. If you hate money..then go for it. For $800 at an Enzo or RG3 you will get similar results for half the price.

|

1/6/2011 8:56 AM

dcmx326 wrote:

Lightning78 wrote:

Jwith the right setup you can ABSOLUTELY tell the difference they all have their strengths and weaknesses or they would be the same and you're paying for their logo its hard to say which is best but with Any mentioned so far and you cannot go wrong even rg3's smart valve setup is butter...pick one and try to shoot for the pricey parts not anodizing or dlc but things like the smart valve, a custom internal part from these guys take it to a level above a standard revalve I don't work or am affiliated with any of them and run mine stock with stiffer spring ....works time just fine if I had the dough it would get the rockstar treatment luckily I have a half assed understanding on how to set my bikes up

modern stock suspension is surprisingly good once you get the right springs

Like Lightning said, I can ABSOLUTELY tell the difference between suspension setups from different companies. Each company does their on tricks and tweeks on the stuff. Stock suspension is good, but at 220lbs racing the local expert races the suspension is way too soft. Just a respring has always worked good but a respring and revalve is noticiably better to me.

|

1/6/2011 9:02 AM

KawiMama108 wrote:

Thanks alot! Thats good to know. Im gonna give Tim a call and see what info he can give me. Im pretty sure Im gonna go with them and see how it works out. The suspension dyno pretty much sealed the deal for me. Good luck to Les this year!!! Hes a fast one for sure!

|