JGR RMZ 250 Stage 2 Dyno charts available???

Leeham
Fantasy
3059th
12/24/2019 11:33pm
yz133rider wrote:
I mean im surprised yamaha doesnt reverse engineer porting from someone like Tom Morgan who gets 5hp more from a yz125 or 8hp more from a...
I mean im surprised yamaha doesnt reverse engineer porting from someone like Tom Morgan who gets 5hp more from a yz125 or 8hp more from a yz250 2 stroke. They have only had since 2005 to improve on them but instead do jackshit. It isnt just suzuki, yamaha is just as bad with the 2 strokes if not worse, since many upgrades are already made for the 4 strokes they just dont even bother to install them.
When companies do that all the time whenever there is an improvement on the machine, it would kill aftermarket support and cutthroat. Also the cost it takes to implement all these new changes into the production bike is expensive. Same question could be applied to why don't they take like pro circuit or factory connection suspension settings and just have it on their bikes from the start. Just sell "starter" and "pro" model bikes with certain suspension setups. Also expensive. Comes down to $$$
sandtrack315
12/25/2019 3:33am
Sounds like you like yellow. Someone impartial to brand would probably just get the Yamaha and call it a day. But if you love the Suzuki...
Sounds like you like yellow. Someone impartial to brand would probably just get the Yamaha and call it a day. But if you love the Suzuki get it, mod it out, and sleep well knowing you have a cool and fast bike in your garage. I’d guess HP is comparable to a stock Yamaha, maybe a bit more.
motosmoke wrote:
If a JGR Stage 2 kit produces more power than a YZF with the GYTR kit, how would the JGR Stage 2 kit produce the same...
If a JGR Stage 2 kit produces more power than a YZF with the GYTR kit, how would the JGR Stage 2 kit produce the same or “maybe a bit more” than the stock YZF?
That’s my guess. The point of the thread is that no one has seen the real numbers.
12/25/2019 5:02am
yz133rider wrote:
I mean im surprised yamaha doesnt reverse engineer porting from someone like Tom Morgan who gets 5hp more from a yz125 or 8hp more from a...
I mean im surprised yamaha doesnt reverse engineer porting from someone like Tom Morgan who gets 5hp more from a yz125 or 8hp more from a yz250 2 stroke. They have only had since 2005 to improve on them but instead do jackshit. It isnt just suzuki, yamaha is just as bad with the 2 strokes if not worse, since many upgrades are already made for the 4 strokes they just dont even bother to install them.
Leeham wrote:
When companies do that all the time whenever there is an improvement on the machine, it would kill aftermarket support and cutthroat. Also the cost it...
When companies do that all the time whenever there is an improvement on the machine, it would kill aftermarket support and cutthroat. Also the cost it takes to implement all these new changes into the production bike is expensive. Same question could be applied to why don't they take like pro circuit or factory connection suspension settings and just have it on their bikes from the start. Just sell "starter" and "pro" model bikes with certain suspension setups. Also expensive. Comes down to $$$
Not to mention that the JGR kit is a high compression set up that requires race fuel.
H4L
12/25/2019 5:30am
yz133rider wrote:
Leeham wrote:
When companies do that all the time whenever there is an improvement on the machine, it would kill aftermarket support and cutthroat. Also the cost it...
Not to mention that the JGR kit is a high compression set up that requires race fuel.
Also have to consider the durability & longevity of the engine life with mods since it puts more heat & stress on the internal parts. One of the manufacturers goal is to provide a long lasting oem engine within the guide lines of durability & longevity to the consumer.

The Shop

motosmoke
12/25/2019 6:00am
Sounds like you like yellow. Someone impartial to brand would probably just get the Yamaha and call it a day. But if you love the Suzuki...
Sounds like you like yellow. Someone impartial to brand would probably just get the Yamaha and call it a day. But if you love the Suzuki get it, mod it out, and sleep well knowing you have a cool and fast bike in your garage. I’d guess HP is comparable to a stock Yamaha, maybe a bit more.
motosmoke wrote:
If a JGR Stage 2 kit produces more power than a YZF with the GYTR kit, how would the JGR Stage 2 kit produce the same...
If a JGR Stage 2 kit produces more power than a YZF with the GYTR kit, how would the JGR Stage 2 kit produce the same or “maybe a bit more” than the stock YZF?
That’s my guess. The point of the thread is that no one has seen the real numbers.
Well the GYTR kit is worth 4ish HP (depends who’s dyno you use...), so I’d say the JGR Stage 2 kit would blow away a stock YZF, considering it makes more power than the GYTR YZF.
sandtrack315
12/25/2019 6:05am
motosmoke wrote:
motosmoke wrote:
Well the GYTR kit is worth 4ish HP (depends who’s dyno you use...), so I’d say the JGR Stage 2 kit would blow away a stock...
Well the GYTR kit is worth 4ish HP (depends who’s dyno you use...), so I’d say the JGR Stage 2 kit would blow away a stock YZF, considering it makes more power than the GYTR YZF.
Where is chart comparing the gytr to the jgr kit?
motosmoke
12/25/2019 6:07am
motosmoke wrote:
Well the GYTR kit is worth 4ish HP (depends who’s dyno you use...), so I’d say the JGR Stage 2 kit would blow away a stock...
Where is chart comparing the gytr to the jgr kit?
ML512 has the numbers and said the JGR kit produced more power than the GYTR kit. He’ll post up a video or article eventually.
12/25/2019 6:24am
I would look at resale value on the back half, the suzuki is a good bike, hell there all good bikes, but when your done with it there is a small market to appeal to when it runs on race gas and has a bunch of motor work done, look at longevity, durability and cost of running it, suspension quality, just make a good decision and ride. I'm sure you would be fine with a stock engine 250 class bike, the yamaha's are pretty impressive, there a good quality bike, fairly durable and have a user friendly mapping program to where you can change the feel and characteristics of the engine.
motosmoke
12/25/2019 6:29am
I would look at resale value on the back half, the suzuki is a good bike, hell there all good bikes, but when your done with...
I would look at resale value on the back half, the suzuki is a good bike, hell there all good bikes, but when your done with it there is a small market to appeal to when it runs on race gas and has a bunch of motor work done, look at longevity, durability and cost of running it, suspension quality, just make a good decision and ride. I'm sure you would be fine with a stock engine 250 class bike, the yamaha's are pretty impressive, there a good quality bike, fairly durable and have a user friendly mapping program to where you can change the feel and characteristics of the engine.
Great points but you can bolt all the old OEM parts back up to the bike and sell the JGR kit and or buy another zook and use it on that.
Talisker
12/25/2019 6:46am Edited Date/Time 12/25/2019 7:18am
Somthing to think about..... I’ve owned plenty of Suzuki’s, but when it’s time to sell ,you almost have to give them away!!! Suzuki’s are hard to sell. Just send the cylinder out for a 5 angle port job, Exhaust and remap!!! Keep it simple.... You need to save money for a revalve... This is all you realistically need.... I know you want Dyno numbers but sometimes it’s easier to find Bigfoot.
12/25/2019 7:01am
I haven't rode a new suzuki rmz but I'm sure its good, the only suzuki I never had a problem selling was an 06 rm250, I do regret selling it.
Just think the decision through, at the end of the day as long as your riding that's what counts, I recently went to a 350 and really like it, easy to ride, good power, and electric start, the bike has alot of potential, more than I could could ever ride it to, you might be surprised how the rmz is.good luck
brywil73
12/25/2019 7:36am
Talisker wrote:
Somthing to think about..... I’ve owned plenty of Suzuki’s, but when it’s time to sell ,you almost have to give them away!!! Suzuki’s are hard to...
Somthing to think about..... I’ve owned plenty of Suzuki’s, but when it’s time to sell ,you almost have to give them away!!! Suzuki’s are hard to sell. Just send the cylinder out for a 5 angle port job, Exhaust and remap!!! Keep it simple.... You need to save money for a revalve... This is all you realistically need.... I know you want Dyno numbers but sometimes it’s easier to find Bigfoot.
Oh I’ve thought of that. I emailed TZR about doing some slight engine mods. Again, I would have him do it in a heartbeat. Tom is Awesome and a super nice guy. However, he doesn’t do a lot of Suzuki’s and has no idea what kind of power he will get out of it until he gets into it. So getting the numbers from the JGR kit kinda fills in the gaps on if I would just take it to TZR, buy the kit, or buy a orange or blue bike. I’m sure the JGR kit would probably be more than enough for me and provide the top end I want. For the money, could I just go to TZR, have Tom throw in some cams, do slight head work, remap for T4 and get just as much HP for less money? 🤷🏻‍♂️ If the GYTR produces 4 hp, then that would put the JGR producing 5+ hp. Which that would be a no brainer. That much hp for 3,300. 🤔
12/25/2019 9:51am
Dont get wrapped up in outright hp or dyno sheets, I would take a bike with less power and a better chassis and suspension then one with the most, dyno's are a great tool but that's where it ends, one might read 45 in California and the next might read 40 in the midwest, get a bike your happy with.
brywil73
12/25/2019 10:19am
Dont get wrapped up in outright hp or dyno sheets, I would take a bike with less power and a better chassis and suspension then one...
Dont get wrapped up in outright hp or dyno sheets, I would take a bike with less power and a better chassis and suspension then one with the most, dyno's are a great tool but that's where it ends, one might read 45 in California and the next might read 40 in the midwest, get a bike your happy with.
Thanks for the input. I’m just trying to find the best bang for my buck to get the power characteristics where I need them. If I were a better rider, I’m sure I could compensate for any bikes short comings. Hopefully I will get there. LOL Until then, I need some extra power to help me out of the corners when I screw up and something that revs higher so I don’t have to short shift. Plus, I just love the way my Suzuki feels for my size. So I would rather have a modified Suzuki than switch colors. So I’m gonna buy the 19. And get the JGR kit. Just hoping to see the numbers on the dyno. I don’t really care about peak. More about how much pull I have before I need to shift. Dyno charts should show that. Hope that explains it.
Ray_MXS
12/25/2019 11:03am
brywil73 wrote:
Thanks for the input. I’m just trying to find the best bang for my buck to get the power characteristics where I need them. If I...
Thanks for the input. I’m just trying to find the best bang for my buck to get the power characteristics where I need them. If I were a better rider, I’m sure I could compensate for any bikes short comings. Hopefully I will get there. LOL Until then, I need some extra power to help me out of the corners when I screw up and something that revs higher so I don’t have to short shift. Plus, I just love the way my Suzuki feels for my size. So I would rather have a modified Suzuki than switch colors. So I’m gonna buy the 19. And get the JGR kit. Just hoping to see the numbers on the dyno. I don’t really care about peak. More about how much pull I have before I need to shift. Dyno charts should show that. Hope that explains it.
Wait a minute.

So you say you're not fast enough to use all the power the 250 makes, so you want something forgiving that can help you out of corners when you screw up. You also rather not have to shift as much and you wanna save a few bucks by bolting a kit on a cheaper bike. You also say you like the characteristics of a Suzuki.

Why don't you just buy a RMZ450?
brywil73
12/25/2019 11:13am
brywil73 wrote:
Thanks for the input. I’m just trying to find the best bang for my buck to get the power characteristics where I need them. If I...
Ray_MXS wrote:
Wait a minute. So you say you're not fast enough to use all the power the 250 makes, so you want something forgiving that can help...
Wait a minute.

So you say you're not fast enough to use all the power the 250 makes, so you want something forgiving that can help you out of corners when you screw up. You also rather not have to shift as much and you wanna save a few bucks by bolting a kit on a cheaper bike. You also say you like the characteristics of a Suzuki.

Why don't you just buy a RMZ450?
Long story short, I have a 18 RMZ 450 also. There is quite a bit of conversation during this thread that explains it.
brywil73
3/6/2020 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 7:25pm
Update:

After stalking JGR’s website seeing if I could purchase the stage 2 kit (which is still unavailable), I decided to forego a new bike. However......

I ended up taking my 2015 RMZ250 to the Wizard Tom Zont with TZR, and let him work his magic. For about 2 third of the price of the stage 2 kit, he definitely must have had a magic wand.

Truly, I am very impressed with everyone there. He was able to get over 43 HP and add a lot more torque.

Get to take it out for the first ride tomorrow!

5/26/2020 8:56pm
brywil73 wrote:
Update: After stalking JGR’s website seeing if I could purchase the stage 2 kit (which is still unavailable), I decided to forego a new bike. However...
Update:

After stalking JGR’s website seeing if I could purchase the stage 2 kit (which is still unavailable), I decided to forego a new bike. However......

I ended up taking my 2015 RMZ250 to the Wizard Tom Zont with TZR, and let him work his magic. For about 2 third of the price of the stage 2 kit, he definitely must have had a magic wand.

Truly, I am very impressed with everyone there. He was able to get over 43 HP and add a lot more torque.

I experienced the same thing you described about power and even though you might suck at turns, on a 450 you can power over jumps that you can't hit on your 250. My twin brother had a '96 CR125 and I had a '96 RM125 both brand new and his bike was so much faster than mine that he was able to clear jumps no problem because he had a lot more drive than I did coming out of corners. There must have been at least 5hp difference between those bikes and he holeshot literally every race he entered on that bike. His suspension, brakes, and handling really sucked compared to my RM125 though, but the difference in engine power meant he was always faster. Now he has a 2015 YZ450F with engine mods and ti exhaust vs my 2020 450 SX-F stock and the bikes have totally different power characteristics but are easily within .5 HP of each other and now my suspension sucks and his is the good stuff, but I still have better brakes and clutch
5/26/2020 9:44pm
brywil73 wrote:
Update: After stalking JGR’s website seeing if I could purchase the stage 2 kit (which is still unavailable), I decided to forego a new bike. However...
Update:

I experienced the same thing you described about power and even though you might suck at turns, on a 450 you can power over jumps that...
I experienced the same thing you described about power and even though you might suck at turns, on a 450 you can power over jumps that you can't hit on your 250. My twin brother had a '96 CR125 and I had a '96 RM125 both brand new and his bike was so much faster than mine that he was able to clear jumps no problem because he had a lot more drive than I did coming out of corners. There must have been at least 5hp difference between those bikes and he holeshot literally every race he entered on that bike. His suspension, brakes, and handling really sucked compared to my RM125 though, but the difference in engine power meant he was always faster. Now he has a 2015 YZ450F with engine mods and ti exhaust vs my 2020 450 SX-F stock and the bikes have totally different power characteristics but are easily within .5 HP of each other and now my suspension sucks and his is the good stuff, but I still have better brakes and clutch

I believe this was from dirt bike

5/26/2020 10:46pm
brywil73 wrote:
Update:

I experienced the same thing you described about power and even though you might suck at turns, on a 450 you can power over jumps that...
I believe this was from dirt bike [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/26/429660/s1200_csteel101_10.jpg.8cd9788ab85c7035a83c94d2b3a0b701.jpg[/img]

I believe this was from dirt bike

I can tell from experience, every 125 I rode besides my RM125 was loads faster. I later had a 2001 RM125 and my brothers 96 still had a slight advantage. Furthermore, my RM125 tailed off on the top end so fast it wasn't funny. My brothers CR125 had almost endless rev. The 98 YZ125 that was known for overrev couldn't touch his. The downside to his bike was zero low end and a giant hit. We bought the RM125 based on it winning all the 125 shootouts of that year, but the motor couldn't come close to touching my brothers CR125. Anything he could take easily in 2nd gear I had to be high in 3rd.
Mit12
5/27/2020 3:52pm
When I raced I had my engines ported. The only reason I did was for the start. The easiest way to pass 39 riders is to get the hole shot! After the first turn most riders can go consistently as fast or faster lap times with a stock engine.
berm surfer
5/27/2020 5:15pm
yz133rider wrote:
Kx250 is just as cheap makes more power, chassis is way more forgiving and rips mid to top. Id go that route. If not go ktm...
Kx250 is just as cheap makes more power, chassis is way more forgiving and rips mid to top. Id go that route. If not go ktm. The suzuki is so rigid. Ridden them both back to back the suzuki had great low end but flattened out hard up top and was noticeably slower in the open sections. And so much harsher thru chop and hard landings.
Bro half the shit you say on this forum..u must be factory 😂
neverwas
Fantasy
868th
5/28/2020 8:51am
Spend the money on riding school,gas and entry fees.Having a more powerful engine is not going tix your lack of skill.
brywil73
5/28/2020 10:32am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2020 10:46am
Actually, it is some of the best money I spent. Did it increase my skill? Nope. Did it decrease my lap times? Yes

Since I am not a great rider it still helped me out immensely on the track. Before if I messed up and was in a too high of gear in a corner, by the time I realized it and after a few “F” bombs... I would downshift hit the over rev quickly and drop a few more “F” bombs, have to shift again.... Now if I am in too high of a gear, I can recover a lot faster, not have to shift down and get back up to speed and not lose too much ground. Being able to stay on the throttle longer is huge. Which the top end is so much higher and longer before sign off, I have yet to shift too late and feel I wasted time. The last thing I noticed is that it is much better for my riding style. I like revving the bike up higher and it has been a dream. Before I was cussing and kicking myself for not shifting sooner as the other guys sped by. Now I can usually pass a few people on the straighter sections. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe I’m just getting better??

Do I agree practice and improving skill is the number 1 priority? Absolutely. But by no means was it wasted money. It didn’t make me a magically better rider. But, my lap times sure dropped by about 10 seconds (partially due to more confidence to clear jumps). So even if it did just improve my confidence, it sure has helped a lot.

And people just reading the last part of this post... yes I had the suspension done. Yes, I still take training classes as often as I can.

You know what.... I’m 46 and I’m having a blast.... plain and simple. 🤘🏻 I think more power helps all skill levels.... just need to figure out where the added power needs to be.
5/28/2020 11:50am
brywil73 wrote:
Actually, it is some of the best money I spent. Did it increase my skill? Nope. Did it decrease my lap times? Yes Since I am...
Actually, it is some of the best money I spent. Did it increase my skill? Nope. Did it decrease my lap times? Yes

Since I am not a great rider it still helped me out immensely on the track. Before if I messed up and was in a too high of gear in a corner, by the time I realized it and after a few “F” bombs... I would downshift hit the over rev quickly and drop a few more “F” bombs, have to shift again.... Now if I am in too high of a gear, I can recover a lot faster, not have to shift down and get back up to speed and not lose too much ground. Being able to stay on the throttle longer is huge. Which the top end is so much higher and longer before sign off, I have yet to shift too late and feel I wasted time. The last thing I noticed is that it is much better for my riding style. I like revving the bike up higher and it has been a dream. Before I was cussing and kicking myself for not shifting sooner as the other guys sped by. Now I can usually pass a few people on the straighter sections. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe I’m just getting better??

Do I agree practice and improving skill is the number 1 priority? Absolutely. But by no means was it wasted money. It didn’t make me a magically better rider. But, my lap times sure dropped by about 10 seconds (partially due to more confidence to clear jumps). So even if it did just improve my confidence, it sure has helped a lot.

And people just reading the last part of this post... yes I had the suspension done. Yes, I still take training classes as often as I can.

You know what.... I’m 46 and I’m having a blast.... plain and simple. 🤘🏻 I think more power helps all skill levels.... just need to figure out where the added power needs to be.
This is exactly what people fail to realize. Of course rider skill is the biggest key to speed, but not having confidence to clear jumps because the bike is slow really has an effect everywhere, and lets not forget, we can all twist the throttle hard in the straight sections and uphills
GODZILLA
5/28/2020 12:57pm
neverwas wrote:
Spend the money on riding school,gas and entry fees.Having a more powerful engine is not going tix your lack of skill.
You ask for dyno charts and you get lessons in life, for free...
Is Vital a great place or what?
Laughing
brywil73
5/28/2020 4:22pm
neverwas wrote:
GODZILLA wrote:
You ask for dyno charts and you get lessons in life, for free...
Is Vital a great place or what?
Laughing
Still never got the dyno charts of the JGR kit. 🤣However, I don’t think they are offering them anymore anyway. 🤦🏻‍♂️
5/29/2020 12:12am
brywil73 wrote:
Still never got the dyno charts of the JGR kit. 🤣However, I don’t think they are offering them anymore anyway. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I wonder if they were more like the 52mm WP forks, only those with a pro-card can buy them and only a few at that. You would think that a forum as popular as this, someone would have had it installed to even give you a better idea of how they perform.
Motofinne
5/29/2020 12:25am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2020 12:29am
brywil73 wrote:
I wonder if they were more like the 52mm WP forks, only those with a pro-card can buy them and only a few at that. You...
I wonder if they were more like the 52mm WP forks, only those with a pro-card can buy them and only a few at that. You would think that a forum as popular as this, someone would have had it installed to even give you a better idea of how they perform.
I don't think so, at least not when they released the product. I thought is was basically their version of the similar GYTR kit that Yamaha has and everyone can buy. Didn't ML do a video for Vital about the kit?

Post a reply to: JGR RMZ 250 Stage 2 Dyno charts available???

The Latest