JGR RMZ 250 Stage 2 Dyno charts available???

brywil73
Edited Date/Time 5/29/2020 11:15am
I have been considering buying a new bike. I realize the RMZ 250 is low on hp however, I can buy a 19 new hold over, add on the stage 2 JGR kit and have about the same cost as another color. After doing some reading, one article said that the RMZ250 with the stage 2 kit had more horsepower than a YZ250F with a GYTR kit on it. The question still remains.... how much HP? I can not find numbers on either bike. The RMZ or the YZ250F w/gytr kit. Anyone know if these numbers have been published? If it ends up being 43 hp. I will probably just buy a 250sxf. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Any input would be appreciated. (Other than telling me to not buy a Suzuki, I actually love being different and I love my other RMZ’s)
|
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
12/22/2019 5:45pm
Do you really think you’ll notice the few less HP? Suzuki is a great bike
brywil73
12/22/2019 6:08pm
I get your point but, more less trying to decide if I want to go to all that trouble. If it happens to be like 46hp with the kit and full exhaust... then yeah I would do it for the same price as an orange bike for 3 extra hp. Just trying to figure out where the power is and how much top end it has. I like the mid to high that my sons 250sxf has over my 15 RMZ. But I still like my RMZ better.... or at least that’s what I’m trying to convince myself of.... Maybe I’m trying to talk myself out of orange. Would like to see the numbers to decide.
moscrop940
12/22/2019 6:33pm
I don’t know you from Adam, but honestly man 99% of us can’t ride a 125 at to its full capability, let alone a 250f....

If you are not part of the 1% that actually can, why not just get the best turning and cheapest bike on the market?

This is nothing against you at all, but I never understood the guys that roll up the the track with a 10k bike, motor work, full exhaust, etc etc yet lug around the track in 3rd for 11 minutes.

Anyway, to make it short, congrats on the upcoming bike. If I am you, I am starting to customize some graphics for the Suzuki.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
12/22/2019 6:38pm
moscrop940 wrote:
I don’t know you from Adam, but honestly man 99% of us can’t ride a 125 at to its full capability, let alone a 250f.... If...
I don’t know you from Adam, but honestly man 99% of us can’t ride a 125 at to its full capability, let alone a 250f....

If you are not part of the 1% that actually can, why not just get the best turning and cheapest bike on the market?

This is nothing against you at all, but I never understood the guys that roll up the the track with a 10k bike, motor work, full exhaust, etc etc yet lug around the track in 3rd for 11 minutes.

Anyway, to make it short, congrats on the upcoming bike. If I am you, I am starting to customize some graphics for the Suzuki.
I get your point. But telling people how they should and shouldn't spend their money isn't something i'd be doing.

Its a fair question, he's not asking if he'll be faster on it or not, he's asking for the data to make an informed decision on whether to go for it or not based on his own criteria.

The Shop

dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
12/22/2019 6:42pm
If you love the RMZ, stick with it, they are great bikes. The JGR kit will certainly improve performance, as they don't produce weak products. If you already like it, to me it would just make the smile on your face bigger....... Good luck, be safe.
Helda
12/22/2019 6:43pm
moscrop940 wrote:
I don’t know you from Adam, but honestly man 99% of us can’t ride a 125 at to its full capability, let alone a 250f.... If...

haydos25 wrote:
I get your point. But telling people how they should and shouldn't spend their money isn't something i'd be doing. Its a fair question, he's not...
I get your point. But telling people how they should and shouldn't spend their money isn't something i'd be doing.

Its a fair question, he's not asking if he'll be faster on it or not, he's asking for the data to make an informed decision on whether to go for it or not based on his own criteria.
Bingo!
Bruce372
12/22/2019 6:44pm
According to vital, all new bikes should be fitted with a klx110 engine because thats all we need, and all bikes need $3500 on cone valves since the stock stuff isn't good enough.

One thing to consider about hopping up the engine on a Suzuki, if you hop up the engine so it's as good as the rest in class, the rest of the bike will still be heaviest, poor clutch and still have a kick starter.

If you are trying to save, the kxf might be a better starting point??
Helda
12/22/2019 6:46pm
Man $4900 for the kit is preety full on.
Helda
12/22/2019 6:47pm
Bruce372 wrote:
According to vital, all new bikes should be fitted with a klx110 engine because thats all we need, and all bikes need $3500 on cone valves...
According to vital, all new bikes should be fitted with a klx110 engine because thats all we need, and all bikes need $3500 on cone valves since the stock stuff isn't good enough.

One thing to consider about hopping up the engine on a Suzuki, if you hop up the engine so it's as good as the rest in class, the rest of the bike will still be heaviest, poor clutch and still have a kick starter.

If you are trying to save, the kxf might be a better starting point??
Yep and what's funnier is everyone taking the cones out then still creaming themselves calling them cone valves.
LOOnatic
12/22/2019 6:47pm
I have nothing against the Suzuki's having grown up riding them.
But the choice to do modfify a new bike or buy a new SXF that already produces desirable #s then for me i would go that route. Leaving a new stock bike alone counts alot in my book in terms of reliability and ease of it all.
I know JGR mods are quality and all im just saying ...
12/22/2019 6:57pm
I have a 2012 RMZ450 ,I also have a 2013 KTM 250SX-F. The 250f has quite a few mods. I know they’re are older models and I’ve ridden most new KTM’s of the last 3 years. But I love a Suzuki! If I could trade for a older RMZ250f with similar mods as my KTM I would trade straight up.
If your not racing nationals, the bike won’t hold you back.
Like MC940 said, in the 125/250 two stroke days no one even mentioned being held back by a bike. Now we’re all held back....😏 Like what you like in life!

Ghost
yz133rider
12/22/2019 11:45pm
Kx250 is just as cheap makes more power, chassis is way more forgiving and rips mid to top. Id go that route. If not go ktm. The suzuki is so rigid. Ridden them both back to back the suzuki had great low end but flattened out hard up top and was noticeably slower in the open sections. And so much harsher thru chop and hard landings.
kiwifan
12/23/2019 12:13am
yz133rider wrote:
Kx250 is just as cheap makes more power, chassis is way more forgiving and rips mid to top. Id go that route. If not go ktm...
Kx250 is just as cheap makes more power, chassis is way more forgiving and rips mid to top. Id go that route. If not go ktm. The suzuki is so rigid. Ridden them both back to back the suzuki had great low end but flattened out hard up top and was noticeably slower in the open sections. And so much harsher thru chop and hard landings.
Personally the YZF is a much better platform than all, yes more expensive than a Zook but you will not have to spend a dime
Barrett57
12/23/2019 12:54am
moscrop940 wrote:

Because its a hobby, and some people enjoy building bikes as much as riding them.
Leeham
Fantasy
3088th
12/23/2019 1:16am
I'd do the suspension/chassis first over the engine. Everyone says the bike is way to stiff on the springs and the frame doesn't move. Some springs and engine mounts to soften up the frame and feel. Then add power if you need it. Hell, even on my 19 CRF250R, I kinda regret getting the full yoshi exhaust because I couldn't use all the power the power made stock, but it sure sounds good tho Laughing
Motofinne
12/23/2019 2:42am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2019 6:09am
What about reliability with the JGR Stage 2 kit? You'll have to change the piston every 10 hours or what? That is something to consider.

But if you can get the whole package including the bike cheap enough, why not? I'm sure it will be a very competitive bike with the Stage 2 kit!
motosmoke
12/23/2019 5:44am
yz133rider wrote:
Kx250 is just as cheap makes more power, chassis is way more forgiving and rips mid to top. Id go that route. If not go ktm...
kiwifan wrote:
Personally the YZF is a much better platform than all, yes more expensive than a Zook but you will not have to spend a dime
For some reason I feel you don’t actually own any bike and just repeat what you see in magazines here acting like you’ve ridden them all.

Bold take but you have never actually posted a picture of any of the bikes you own, and you claim to own a lot of them. Just weird.
brywil73
12/23/2019 6:25am
Thanks everyone for the responses. Honestly, all of them are valid. Am I good enough to utilize any bikes power... Nope. Never said I was good at all. Quite the opposite. However, I suck bad enough I am figuring out where I could use some instant help. I have a 15 RMZ 250, 18 RMZ 450, and I bought my son a 13 SXF250. They all shine in different areas for my riding style.

I am horrible in corners but getting better. When I race my 250 people with better cornering skills blow past me on the straights like I’m standing still. I want to rev the bike out but I end up hitting the rev limiter quickly. Despise short shifting. When I race my 450 if I see a wheel in my peripheral, I twist the throttle more and yay... I usually leave them in the dust until I almost die entering the next corner 20 mph faster than normal. Keep in mind I run Open beginner. Maybe it’s my way of comparing dangly bits. Lol

There are jumps I could never do on my 250 because I lacked exit speed on the prior corner. Guess what, my 450. No problem. I use the 450 so I can feel how much speed I have to generate to clear jumps. With that being said, the 450 wears my ass out fast. I am getting better but, starting so late in life... I don’t have the ability to put in 100 hours of seat time a year.

So my favorite bike is my RMZ250 however, would I notice more power? You betcha. Not in the same way a pro would. I usually accidentally hit corners in 3rd or 4th. Trying to get going on my 250 after that can be a pain. I am getting better at gear selection but, until I do... a more powerful bike would help a lot.

For whatever reason, to me personally I love all 3 bikes we have for different reasons. If I could combine all 3 into one.... that would be perfect. My ideal bike would be a RMZ with plush suspension like the Ktm, a higher revving more powerful engine (it suits my riding style), love the low end on the RMZ, and Yellow. I simply love the color. Ergos fit me well. It is all personal preference. So if I can get a stage 2 kit, with the same characteristics and power of the Ktm... that would be great. Already mimicked the Suspensionof the KTM through FC. I just wanna see what I’m getting for my money.

Where’s those dyno charts!!!! 😂 And Yes, I know I need practice and I’ve been taking every class I can that’s been offered locally.
brywil73
12/23/2019 6:38am
Sorry for the long post. It is just about me making my bike fit my riding style. Not about money, riding skill or anything else. But at the same time, I don’t like wasting a ton of money either.
H4L
12/23/2019 6:43am
If you can I’d suggest test riding a blue & red 250f bike before spending any money.
cbarber
Fantasy
1952nd
12/23/2019 7:16am
brywil73 wrote:
Sorry for the long post. It is just about me making my bike fit my riding style. Not about money, riding skill or anything else. But...
Sorry for the long post. It is just about me making my bike fit my riding style. Not about money, riding skill or anything else. But at the same time, I don’t like wasting a ton of money either.
get ahold of jgr, I am sure they have them.
brywil73
12/23/2019 7:36am
cbarber wrote:
get ahold of jgr, I am sure they have them.
I never thought about asking them directly. 😳 will shoot them an email now. Thanks.
12/23/2019 7:51am
I'd suggest a YZ250F. Hitting a corner with it in 3rd is no problem because it has enough low end and will still pull when you twist the throttle. It doesn't rev out like a ktm but it's still a lot better at high rpm than the zook. It's almost like a mini 450.
brywil73
12/23/2019 8:00am
H4L wrote:
If you can I’d suggest test riding a blue & red 250f bike before spending any money.
I’ve tried the blue at Yamaha demo days. My problem with most bikes honestly is my leg length. I have super short legsAnd a long torso. Like 26 to 27” inseams. So that’s also why I have to ride with a Rekluse 3.0. So if I do lay the bike over, it doesn’t die or else I would be pushing it over to the side of the track to find something to stand on to kick start it. 😞 So an electric start would be a bonus for sure. The Suzuki feels shorter to me for some reason. KTM’s feel taller and so does the Yamaha. Maybe the width. The Honda 🤷🏻‍♂️, I love the looks for sure. Just never hopped on one.
12/23/2019 8:06am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2019 8:07am
H4L wrote:
brywil73 wrote:
I’ve tried the blue at Yamaha demo days. My problem with most bikes honestly is my leg length. I have super short legsAnd a long torso...
I’ve tried the blue at Yamaha demo days. My problem with most bikes honestly is my leg length. I have super short legsAnd a long torso. Like 26 to 27” inseams. So that’s also why I have to ride with a Rekluse 3.0. So if I do lay the bike over, it doesn’t die or else I would be pushing it over to the side of the track to find something to stand on to kick start it. 😞 So an electric start would be a bonus for sure. The Suzuki feels shorter to me for some reason. KTM’s feel taller and so does the Yamaha. Maybe the width. The Honda 🤷🏻‍♂️, I love the looks for sure. Just never hopped on one.
Another consideration is that the new Suzuki already has a couple more ponies and a bit more over-rev than your '15. Maybe in stock trim, it will provide all you are looking for, motor-wise.
brywil73
12/23/2019 8:08am
I'd suggest a YZ250F. Hitting a corner with it in 3rd is no problem because it has enough low end and will still pull when you...
I'd suggest a YZ250F. Hitting a corner with it in 3rd is no problem because it has enough low end and will still pull when you twist the throttle. It doesn't rev out like a ktm but it's still a lot better at high rpm than the zook. It's almost like a mini 450.
I will give it another go... I did like the plush feeling of the suspension as much as the Ktm. Was thinking it was just too tall feeling. It would be nice to have a happy button instead of installing a rekluse all the time. I’ve seriously thought about blue a lot. Especially if it can compensate for my slow corners upon exit. 🤔
brywil73
12/23/2019 8:18am
H4L wrote:
brywil73 wrote:
I’ve tried the blue at Yamaha demo days. My problem with most bikes honestly is my leg length. I have super short legsAnd a long torso...
Another consideration is that the new Suzuki already has a couple more ponies and a bit more over-rev than your '15. Maybe in stock trim, it...
Another consideration is that the new Suzuki already has a couple more ponies and a bit more over-rev than your '15. Maybe in stock trim, it will provide all you are looking for, motor-wise.
I’ve thought of that too. However the odd thing is... the 15 actually had more hp than the 16,17, and 18. When the 16 came out, the one thing they mentioned was it had less hp. Almost 1 whole hp. But they made it a little lighter.

Right now, my 15 has a few mods. Nothing crazy.
I have a vortex ECU, Twin Air high flow filter kit, have the RS4 ti, ti, Carbon full exhaust. So I’m guessing with the mapping and exhaust... it might be making 2 hp over stock. Have not put on a dyno.

Bruce372
12/23/2019 8:21am
How about doing a big bore kit with a ported head?

Post a reply to: JGR RMZ 250 Stage 2 Dyno charts available???

The Latest