JGR Folded

davis224
Fantasy
165th
11/13/2020 2:48am
devotid wrote:
In my opinion JGR was the best "looking" team. The colors. The graphics. The Logos and team branding. The semis..... etc. I loved them. They seemed...
In my opinion JGR was the best "looking" team. The colors. The graphics. The Logos and team branding. The semis..... etc. I loved them. They seemed to have good racecraft but a lot of bad luck.

BUT....

How the hell can a team this professional just go belly up? Do we really need $1 million dollar rigs and 9 power washing stations with 19 employees at every race?

Just get a couple nice vans.... A tent and go fucking racing. Stop with the whole "have to bring a F1 team just to "feel" as big as the others". This traveling circus shit is not sustainable.

Its now happening in GNCC with the pit row tents. Every race there is another Huge 100x60 foot canopy to keep their girl friends hair dry.

/rant
ML512 has shared several times that if you plan on going the long haul, for a full size team, a big rig is cheaper in the long run.
ns503
11/13/2020 3:52am
GuyB wrote:
Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. Concludes Racing Partnership with JGRMX Brea, CA (November 12, 2020) – Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. has concluded its partnership with...
Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. Concludes Racing Partnership with JGRMX

Brea, CA (November 12, 2020) – Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. has concluded its partnership with Joe Gibbs Racing. The combined efforts of Suzuki and JGRMX were able to deliver solid results and raise the level of performance of each of the team’s riders.

Together, Suzuki and JGRMX demonstrated the potential of the Suzuki RM-Z250 and RM-Z450 motocross machines over several successful racing seasons.

“Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. is honored to have worked with a premier racing partner like Joe Gibbs Racing,” said Chris Wheeler, Suzuki’s MX Support Manager. “This partnership produced solid success and many strong friendships over the past several seasons and we would like to thank the entire team at JGRMX for their hard work, passion, and dedication to Suzuki racing.”

Wheeler added that Suzuki will announce its plans for the upcoming 2021 Supercross and Motocross racing season in the coming days.
The way that reads - Suzuki is still going racing? Somehow?
Motofinne
11/13/2020 3:56am
GuyB wrote:
Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. Concludes Racing Partnership with JGRMX Brea, CA (November 12, 2020) – Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. has concluded its partnership with...

Brea, CA (November 12, 2020) – Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. has concluded its partnership with Joe Gibbs Racing. The combined efforts of Suzuki and JGRMX were able to deliver solid results and raise the level of performance of each of the team’s riders.

Together, Suzuki and JGRMX demonstrated the potential of the Suzuki RM-Z250 and RM-Z450 motocross machines over several successful racing seasons.

“Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. is honored to have worked with a premier racing partner like Joe Gibbs Racing,” said Chris Wheeler, Suzuki’s MX Support Manager. “This partnership produced solid success and many strong friendships over the past several seasons and we would like to thank the entire team at JGRMX for their hard work, passion, and dedication to Suzuki racing.”

Wheeler added that Suzuki will announce its plans for the upcoming 2021 Supercross and Motocross racing season in the coming days.
ns503 wrote:
HEP?
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
11/13/2020 3:57am
GuyB wrote:

ns503 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
HEP?
They will have Hartraft on 450s as well

The Shop

JustMX
11/13/2020 4:10am
coastie44 wrote:
"With coronavirus and the new presidency you are going to see more companies operating on a shoe string budget." I agree about the pandemic, but otherwise...
"With coronavirus and the new presidency you are going to see more companies operating on a shoe string budget."

I agree about the pandemic, but otherwise your comment has no merit with respect to the incoming White House. Democratic administrations have taken over in economic downturns, improved the economy greatly, only to hand them over to Republican administrations and have then turn to shit.

But if you look at the unemployment gains, or measure it by the deficit, or the GDP , it turns out that not a single party "wins" on all accounts.

--> https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/10/28/which-presidents…

Um,

Jimmy carter......

LMAO
11/13/2020 5:47am
devotid wrote:
In my opinion JGR was the best "looking" team. The colors. The graphics. The Logos and team branding. The semis..... etc. I loved them. They seemed...
In my opinion JGR was the best "looking" team. The colors. The graphics. The Logos and team branding. The semis..... etc. I loved them. They seemed to have good racecraft but a lot of bad luck.

BUT....

How the hell can a team this professional just go belly up? Do we really need $1 million dollar rigs and 9 power washing stations with 19 employees at every race?

Just get a couple nice vans.... A tent and go fucking racing. Stop with the whole "have to bring a F1 team just to "feel" as big as the others". This traveling circus shit is not sustainable.

Its now happening in GNCC with the pit row tents. Every race there is another Huge 100x60 foot canopy to keep their girl friends hair dry.

/rant
Agree. This tiny sport trying to act like formula one, throwing huge money at giant semi trucks and two dozen people in matching shirts, is absolutely stupid.
devotid
Fantasy
367th
11/13/2020 7:01am
devotid wrote:

BUT....

/rant
davis224 wrote:
ML512 has shared several times that if you plan on going the long haul, for a full size team, a big rig is cheaper in the...
ML512 has shared several times that if you plan on going the long haul, for a full size team, a big rig is cheaper in the long run.
I guess my my point is that $1 Million rigs are NOT needed to race a motorcycle at a high level. They simply are not. If you run with a reasonable equipment/budget you dont have to ask for millions from sponsors.

But If that is the case I will have to tell that to every team from the past 50 years that it wont work. As nowadays they must have indoor cry rooms and 60" flat screens inside to get it done. Dont forget the custom drawer inlays that are CNC'd so they never lose those pesky 10mm sockets. Yeah....Must have those.

When ever I see those videos of the "Hauler Rigs" I always giggle a little thinking about the sponsors paying for this are saying.... "Who the hell is paying for those drawers? Us? Next year were sponsoring Pro Bowling... At least they dont need semis."
tingo
11/13/2020 7:06am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
https://racerxonline.com/2020/11/12/jgrmx-closes-its-doors [Quote]Brea, CA—Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. has concluded its partnership with Joe Gibbs Racing. The combined efforts of Suzuki and JGRMX were able to deliver...
https://racerxonline.com/2020/11/12/jgrmx-closes-its-doors

Brea, CA—Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. has concluded its partnership with Joe Gibbs Racing. The combined efforts of Suzuki and JGRMX were able to deliver solid results and raise the level of performance of each of the team’s riders.

Great video and history of the team. Sad to see these guys go. Sending out a big thank you to the whole JGR crew for your contributions to the sport.
11/13/2020 8:34am
WTaylor733 wrote:
I've been told Suzuki is also wanting an offroad team GNCC mainly
olds cool wrote:
Wait, doesn’t GNCC do a dead engine start? Sounds like a grrrrreat plan!
TeamGreen wrote:
Psssst...

Guess what? The RMX450Z...? It's got "The Button".

I'm jus' sayin'...
If you think that bike would be remotely competitive as an GNCC or WORX ask Gary Sutherlin, but then again he did beat MC at Mammoth a couple years ago on it 🤷‍♂️
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
11/13/2020 3:07pm
Sad to see em go. A mart won’t be on club as far as I know it’s rock river
And it’s confirmed
Alex814
11/13/2020 3:46pm
JGR wouldn't attract factory level talent by running out of sprinter vans. I also don't imagine they'd be given factory equipment by any OEM- at least I can't recall any factory bikes in the back of sprinter vans in recent years?
rhargrave431
11/13/2020 3:55pm
devotid wrote:

BUT....

/rant
davis224 wrote:
ML512 has shared several times that if you plan on going the long haul, for a full size team, a big rig is cheaper in the...
And also, the sponsor on the rig is more important than the logo on the shroud. Bigger billboard
davis224
Fantasy
165th
11/13/2020 5:22pm
devotid wrote:

BUT....

/rant
davis224 wrote:
And also, the sponsor on the rig is more important than the logo on the shroud. Bigger billboard
Adding on room for parts, sleeping quarters, room for a grill to feed riders and personnel... requires big up front money but comes out ahead in the long haul. Cant remember what thread ML broke it all down in.
Lurk Ing
11/13/2020 5:47pm
RIP you good cunts....
TeamGreen wrote:
Proper POMMIE response, right there. That's the kind of guy I want to have a pint with...at the Footie Club...in Wagga Wagga. For those offended: Just...
Proper POMMIE response, right there. That's the kind of guy I want to have a pint with...at the Footie Club...in Wagga Wagga.

For those offended: Just stop. Ya don't get it. Ya never will.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie...Oi, Oi, Oi...

Shiiiiiiit! Now I wanna hear some "Classic AC/DC".
CPR wrote:
Enough of the POMMIE stuff kaaaarnt
Fucking Canadian has it all wrong aye
aeffertz
11/13/2020 5:57pm
davis224 wrote:
Adding on room for parts, sleeping quarters, room for a grill to feed riders and personnel... requires big up front money but comes out ahead in...
Adding on room for parts, sleeping quarters, room for a grill to feed riders and personnel... requires big up front money but comes out ahead in the long haul. Cant remember what thread ML broke it all down in.
I believe he really broke it down well on (I think) the last Pulp MX Show he co hosted.

He may have made a post on here as well but I remember him talking about it on there and how stupid of an argument it is when people always say “They need to go back to racing out of box vans!”
TeamGreen
11/13/2020 6:26pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Proper POMMIE response, right there. That's the kind of guy I want to have a pint with...at the Footie Club...in Wagga Wagga. For those offended: Just...
Proper POMMIE response, right there. That's the kind of guy I want to have a pint with...at the Footie Club...in Wagga Wagga.

For those offended: Just stop. Ya don't get it. Ya never will.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie...Oi, Oi, Oi...

Shiiiiiiit! Now I wanna hear some "Classic AC/DC".
CPR wrote:
Lurk Ing wrote:
We'll take him riding and drinking in the Outback and even let him see that giant f'n rock who's name ya keep changing...

Then, maybe, he'll get it.

He better buy some bibs and a HUGE tank!
numbers
11/13/2020 6:44pm
CPR wrote:
Lurk Ing wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
We'll take him riding and drinking in the Outback and even let him see that giant f'n rock who's name ya keep changing... Then, maybe, he'll...
We'll take him riding and drinking in the Outback and even let him see that giant f'n rock who's name ya keep changing...

Next time your in seattle or shougal I got the beer tab. IPAs are greatb🤣
Lurk Ing
11/13/2020 8:52pm
CPR wrote:
Lurk Ing wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
We'll take him riding and drinking in the Outback and even let him see that giant f'n rock who's name ya keep changing... Then, maybe, he'll...

Drinking in the outback and riding to The Rock, Uluru? You better get yourself to Finke Desert Race one year soon. You'll never do anything like it. Or drink as much good beer afterwards.
And the Rock is in the neighbourhood too. Sorta WinkLaughing
MelonFan123
11/13/2020 10:16pm
You guys are clueless about racing in the current era. This isn't two strokes and box vans.."hey lets get the carb jetted perfect and we're good to go!"

Want to be top level team, like a JGR was? Try competing at a high level without room for spare engines (one for each bike) as well as a work bench for tearing down or fixing suspension. You know, the type of space a semi provides. You don't think they need fancy rider lounges? Well you better say goodbye to the ability to replay practice footage and use Dartfish software to know where you can gain (or where you're losing) .10 of a second. Better have a good data guy that can tune the EFI as well as a dedicated suspension tech...

This is motorsports at the highest level, the second you try to cut costs and save $, there inevitably will be some other guy willing to spend the money to have a competitive advantage over you.
11/13/2020 10:23pm
devotid wrote:

BUT....

/rant
But could you imagine Vital’s response if Suzuki fielded just a couple of box vans and EZ-ups??

“Oh how unprofessional “
“2nd rate effort”
“How could they expect to be taken seriously “
Yada yada yada...

Despite the fact that lots of people here bleat on about how MX needs to revert to how it used to be..

You just know it.
Motofinne
11/13/2020 10:50pm
You guys are clueless about racing in the current era. This isn't two strokes and box vans.."hey lets get the carb jetted perfect and we're good...
You guys are clueless about racing in the current era. This isn't two strokes and box vans.."hey lets get the carb jetted perfect and we're good to go!"

Want to be top level team, like a JGR was? Try competing at a high level without room for spare engines (one for each bike) as well as a work bench for tearing down or fixing suspension. You know, the type of space a semi provides. You don't think they need fancy rider lounges? Well you better say goodbye to the ability to replay practice footage and use Dartfish software to know where you can gain (or where you're losing) .10 of a second. Better have a good data guy that can tune the EFI as well as a dedicated suspension tech...

This is motorsports at the highest level, the second you try to cut costs and save $, there inevitably will be some other guy willing to spend the money to have a competitive advantage over you.
Yeah MX/SX isn't even close to motorsports at the highest level. But i get your overall point, it's valid.
yz763
11/14/2020 8:27pm
So.....in the long haul they should have stayed with Yamaha?
8tensolutions
11/14/2020 9:00pm
I cannot understand how the semis/costs etc are what some of you are focused on. This is the same as the donut shop in your local town closing. The owners/management were unable to sustain the business model due to costs vs income for a variety of reasons. This is not Feld or MX Sports' fault....that just happens to be where JGR decided to compete. This all lies on that Team and the leadership within. I am not saying they are bad people or did a bad job, but the business is no longer sustainable. Simple as that. Could they go racing with a Sprinter Van? I am sure they could. Would that attract sponsors allowing them to compete at a high level? Doubtful. The only thing cheaper would be initial vehicle cost and gas, but they would need 10 Sprinters to carry what one semi does.
Motofinne
11/15/2020 8:39am
So basically Suzuki did offer to continue with JGR but the budget was too small for JGR without a title sponsor. Makes sense, i can see that money and those resources going to HEP now. No more Öhlins for those guys if that is the case, which probably is good news for them.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
11/15/2020 7:56pm
Come on Suzook! Let's keep this alive. [img]https://rxi.iscdn.net/2018/05/163798_mark_barnett.jpg[/img]
Come on Suzook! Let's keep this alive.

Lol. Cmon everyone, let’s speak with our wallets to save Suzuki. I guess that only works on new two strokes, not new four strokes.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
11/15/2020 7:57pm
Motofinne wrote:
So basically Suzuki did offer to continue with JGR but the budget was too small for JGR without a title sponsor. Makes sense, i can see...
So basically Suzuki did offer to continue with JGR but the budget was too small for JGR without a title sponsor. Makes sense, i can see that money and those resources going to HEP now. No more Öhlins for those guys if that is the case, which probably is good news for them.
It’s like he said, Suzuki’s weren’t selling, and JGR didn’t really have a product to sell.

Post a reply to: JGR Folded

The Latest