11/11/2020 10:49am
^ Vital's resident black cloud
USA
Fantasy
507th
11/11/2020 10:54am
GrapeApe wrote:
^ Vital's resident black cloud
Someone had to say it. Man, life must not be enjoyable in the present with such a negative look on the future at all times.

Sorry to see JGR go away if that is the case. Relying on Suzuki support is not good when they have pulled out of so many offroad series. Too bad they never got a great title sponsor, I would love to see some outside sponsor come in and them stay around.
fourfourone
11/11/2020 11:06am
We are seeing this come to fruition. I work in the material handling industry(forklifts) so we mainly deal with manufacturing companies. Not all but most are expecting a negative impact on business for the next 3-5 years. Right now is the time that companies are starting to shrink budgets and cut costs anyway they can. As a result we have seen an upswing is used sales, and a drop in new sales. With coronavirus and the new presidency you are going to see more companies operating on a shoe string budget.
RalphS
11/11/2020 11:15am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2020 11:15am
I'm sorry guys but not all is dark for everyone, things change and some sports and industries gain momentum and grow. East sports is growing like there's no tomorrow, tech industries as well, delivery services and others you name it. Pure Darwinism, but we only got to see it when we get the short end.

The Shop

dcg141
11/11/2020 12:25pm
US Unemployment

Things are not great right now but given the circumstances they are not economy collapsing either. Suzuki does not have financial issues. They can get back into this if they want.
Donkey Kong
11/11/2020 12:33pm
Rickyisms wrote:
No disrespect to Bogle, but it blows my mind he still has that ride. I really can't think of the last time he showed a strong...
No disrespect to Bogle, but it blows my mind he still has that ride. I really can't think of the last time he showed a strong ride, I could be wrong though. I just think there's much better candidates out there.
Literally has won 450 races lol
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
11/11/2020 12:51pm
We are seeing this come to fruition. I work in the material handling industry(forklifts) so we mainly deal with manufacturing companies. Not all but most are...
We are seeing this come to fruition. I work in the material handling industry(forklifts) so we mainly deal with manufacturing companies. Not all but most are expecting a negative impact on business for the next 3-5 years. Right now is the time that companies are starting to shrink budgets and cut costs anyway they can. As a result we have seen an upswing is used sales, and a drop in new sales. With coronavirus and the new presidency you are going to see more companies operating on a shoe string budget.
I work in the lumber industry and we are currently working at record levels and just ordered 6 new forklifts, but I know its different all over the country.
berm surfer
11/11/2020 12:59pm
First off.. J-Bone is super rad and anyone who hates on him is clueless. I dont think any one person at JGR is to blame. I guarantee the pandemic and the fact its a presidential election year had "possible" sponsors holding onto their money. The way sponsors are shown for each rider needs to be reworked during broadcasts.

My question is...does JGR stays with Yamaha if they knew how much better the new bike was going to be? I know that both Yamaha and Suzuki had made them fair offers when the switch happened.
rhargrave431
11/11/2020 1:04pm
Obviously it isn't as easy as this, but I'd love to see Kawasaki throw some support around to another team. They are really the only manufacturer that doesn't have a secondary team.
berm surfer
11/11/2020 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2020 2:32pm
Obviously it isn't as easy as this, but I'd love to see Kawasaki throw some support around to another team. They are really the only manufacturer...
Obviously it isn't as easy as this, but I'd love to see Kawasaki throw some support around to another team. They are really the only manufacturer that doesn't have a secondary team.
Im a goof! Carry on..
Wahwahwahhhh
Question
11/11/2020 1:20pm

I am not sure but I think the first problem was Suzuki not listening the market at all ; offering 65/85/100 that are really updated, keeping and ideally updating their two stokes, making significant cosmetic changes on their let us say 2013 bike, and bringing a bike in 2018 that had an electric start. All that with enduro and gncc options.

The volumes were maybe not great in 2010 or 2000, but I am quite sure they are lower now whereas they actually produce good bikes at a really good price.

The result is financially it is harder for them now to justify spending a ton on mx racing. It was already worrying when Everts and RCH folded. Now that they also got rid of their r&d, the current versions are probably the last ones.
11/11/2020 1:21pm
I think this has been coming for a while. After JD Gibbs passed away, it was only a matter or time before Coy's main responsibility moved over to the Nascar team. Just guessing, would not surprise me if J-Bones does not stay employed with JGR on the Nascar side.

Motofinne
11/11/2020 1:21pm
Obviously it isn't as easy as this, but I'd love to see Kawasaki throw some support around to another team. They are really the only manufacturer...
Im a goof! Carry on..
Wahwahwahhhh
They lease factory KTMs. They've been doing it since 2018.
rhargrave431
11/11/2020 2:01pm
Im a goof! Carry on..
Wahwahwahhhh
Motofinne wrote:
They lease factory KTMs. They've been doing it since 2018.
Don't you love when that happens. Someone drops facts like that. Haha
berm surfer
11/11/2020 2:31pm
My bad on the team tedder thing! I thought they had switched but checked their IG which they havent updated since 2017 (i just noticed) and it showed kawi..im a goof
coastie44
11/11/2020 2:33pm
We are seeing this come to fruition. I work in the material handling industry(forklifts) so we mainly deal with manufacturing companies. Not all but most are...
"With coronavirus and the new presidency you are going to see more companies operating on a shoe string budget."

I agree about the pandemic, but otherwise your comment has no merit with respect to the incoming White House. Democratic administrations have taken over in economic downturns, improved the economy greatly, only to hand them over to Republican administrations and have then turn to shit.

But if you look at the unemployment gains, or measure it by the deficit, or the GDP , it turns out that not a single party "wins" on all accounts.

--> https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/10/28/which-presidents…

RyanD797
Fantasy
302nd
11/11/2020 2:44pm
Tyler Bowers has been getting support from Kawasaki, seems like a secondary team. From what I understand they support a chicken indefinitely.
rhargrave431
11/11/2020 3:01pm
RyanD797 wrote:
Tyler Bowers has been getting support from Kawasaki, seems like a secondary team. From what I understand they support a chicken indefinitely.
Well all of these teams have been complaining about the KTM takeover. They have 8 Factory Bikes on the track right? Webb, Moose, Baggett, his team mate, Barcia, Wilson, Anderson, and Zach. Honda has their Factory team and Motoconcepts. Suzuki has 2 factory supported teams with JGR and HEP. Yamaha has their team and Cycle Trader. Kawi has a few privateer level teams, but that's it.
numbers
11/11/2020 4:31pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wow The internet. People saying crazy-silly shit like... What has JGR done that's worth $300K? Well, how about KEEPING A FACTORY LEVEL PRESENCE FOR SUZUKI for...
Wow

The internet.

People saying crazy-silly shit like...

What has JGR done that's worth $300K?
Well, how about KEEPING A FACTORY LEVEL PRESENCE FOR SUZUKI for about '10 cents on the dollar"...?

J-Bone should have been fired years ago...
Wow. Talk about not knowing WTF you are talking about as you insult the living shit outta someone you do not know as you speak of thngs you don't understand.

Fact: Suzuki pulled the plug on Yoshimura's "Factory Operation" and then it slid over to JGR...for waaaaaaay less and, to be honest, NOT ENOUGH MONEY.

Fact: JGR made the bikes work and got results (for those of us that seem to remember Troll, Weston, Freddie...and so many others that got those bikes "in the show" and got results). What kind of completely ignorant fool forgets the results that Weston got...that A-Mart got...that Freddie got...and others.

Fact: JGR kept a presence in the SX and MX series at "a factory level" and some Vitards come in here and say TOTALLY STUPID SHIT about the guys that pulled it off.

Fact: it was the passion and committment by J-Bone and a family that he loves and loves him that kept this team "afloat" these last few years and all some of you can do is be a complete ass holes towards him...towards them.

Papa Joe and the family have put a lot of responsibility and faith in Jeremy.
From where I'm standing? He's got a lot to be proud of.
J Bone delivered.

A shout out to those of you that know this and have shared your sadness in regards to the loss of an amazing team, a productive operation...and amazing group of "really good people".

For the nay-sayers:
Where's "Factory Yamaha" these days?
Where's FC-Geico Honda these days?
I think you are the most intelligent, understanding and sensible person here at "smell my ass I just farted".
TeamGreen
11/11/2020 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2020 4:36pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wow The internet. People saying crazy-silly shit like... What has JGR done that's worth $300K? Well, how about KEEPING A FACTORY LEVEL PRESENCE FOR SUZUKI for...
Wow

The internet.

Well, how about KEEPING A FACTORY LEVEL PRESENCE FOR SUZUKI for about '10 cents on the dollar"...?

Wow. Talk about not knowing WTF you are talking about as you insult the living shit outta someone you do not know as you speak of thngs you don't understand.

Fact: Suzuki pulled the plug on Yoshimura's "Factory Operation" and then it slid over to JGR...for waaaaaaay less and, to be honest, NOT ENOUGH MONEY.

Fact: JGR made the bikes work and got results (for those of us that seem to remember Troll, Weston, Freddie...and so many others that got those bikes "in the show" and got results). What kind of completely ignorant fool forgets the results that Weston got...that A-Mart got...that Freddie got...and others.

Fact: JGR kept a presence in the SX and MX series at "a factory level" and some Vitards come in here and say TOTALLY STUPID SHIT about the guys that pulled it off.

Fact: it was the passion and committment by J-Bone and a family that he loves and loves him that kept this team "afloat" these last few years and all some of you can do is be a complete ass holes towards him...towards them.

J Bone delivered.

A shout out to those of you that know this and have shared your sadness in regards to the loss of an amazing team, a productive operation...and amazing group of "really good people".

For the nay-sayers:
numbers wrote:
I think you are the most intelligent, understanding and sensible person here at "smell my ass I just farted".
Some of what I wrote may have seemed 'harsh"; but, the mentions of firing folks that ACTUALLY held that place together kinda chapped my ass.

From what I can tell, the Gibbs organizaton went the extra mile to "stay in it". I was stoked to learn that J-Bone will be staying in NC doing some other function for Joe Gibbs Racing.
numbers
11/11/2020 4:37pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wow

The internet.

J Bone delivered.

For the nay-sayers:
numbers wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Some of what I wrote may have seemed 'harsh"; but, the mentions of firing folks that ACTUALLY held that place together kinda chapped my ass. From...
Some of what I wrote may have seemed 'harsh"; but, the mentions of firing folks that ACTUALLY held that place together kinda chapped my ass.

From what I can tell, the Gibbs organizaton went the extra mile to "stay in it". I was stoked to learn that J-Bone will be staying in NC doing some other function for Joe Gibbs Racing.
I think you are on point.
WTaylor733
11/11/2020 4:59pm
I've been told Suzuki is also wanting an offroad team GNCC mainly
Flattrack88
11/11/2020 5:40pm
WTaylor733 wrote:
That somewhat makes sense. Probably can do more for less $ and the ROI (i.e. consumer interest/bike sales) is probably bigger than moto.
olds cool
11/11/2020 5:50pm
WTaylor733 wrote:
Wait, doesn’t GNCC do a dead engine start? Sounds like a grrrrreat plan!
TeamGreen
11/11/2020 6:25pm
WTaylor733 wrote:
olds cool wrote:
Wait, doesn’t GNCC do a dead engine start? Sounds like a grrrrreat plan!
Psssst...

Guess what? The RMX450Z...? It's got "The Button".

I'm jus' sayin'...

Post a reply to: JGR Folded

The Latest