JGR 2020?

sam hain
5/3/2019 6:40am
Reed on fly racing show:

Steve: So, you’re coming back next year, right?

Reed: Yeah.

Steve: Coming back with JGR?

Reed: I don’t know. There is a lot going on behind closed doors there, for sure. I hope so.

Steve: Would that be your first choice?

Reed: Yeah, of course. First and foremost that’s the goal—to continue what we’re doing.

JGR closing shop? Or a chance of it?
|
ML512
Fantasy
36th
5/3/2019 6:43am
JGR still has a Suzuki contract for 2020 but what the team size looks like is still up in the air.
5/3/2019 6:44am
Not breaking news. It's no secret they are hurting for a title sponsor. Also no secret that goin' racin' ain't cheap
Casting
5/3/2019 6:59am
That interview Coy gave with RacerX a few months is still unsettling... I really hope JGR doesn't fold entirely in the next year or two, they are such a cool team and independent teams is good for the sport.

With that said, and keeping in mind that I have never managed a race team, some of their hiring decisions don't make a lot of sense to me. Why hire Justin Hill? Hindsight is 20/20 but couldn't they have predicted this sort of outcome given his past? I'm guessing he isn't exactly cheap after winning the West title in 2017.

It's depressing that a team like JGR with all their resources and engine know-how struggles to stay profitable/in the sport.

We all lose if this team goes. I always look forward to JBone's interviews - his honesty is refreshing.
sam hain
5/3/2019 7:11am
Casting wrote:
That interview Coy gave with RacerX a few months is still unsettling... I really hope JGR doesn't fold entirely in the next year or two, they...
That interview Coy gave with RacerX a few months is still unsettling... I really hope JGR doesn't fold entirely in the next year or two, they are such a cool team and independent teams is good for the sport.

With that said, and keeping in mind that I have never managed a race team, some of their hiring decisions don't make a lot of sense to me. Why hire Justin Hill? Hindsight is 20/20 but couldn't they have predicted this sort of outcome given his past? I'm guessing he isn't exactly cheap after winning the West title in 2017.

It's depressing that a team like JGR with all their resources and engine know-how struggles to stay profitable/in the sport.

We all lose if this team goes. I always look forward to JBone's interviews - his honesty is refreshing.
I agree with you, the hires they've made with unproven riders don't make sense. Suzuki's "appeared" lack of interest in racing in general is sad. They are behind in bike development on the 450 and 250, sad when 15yrs ago they were on top with RC then with James years later.

The Shop

kpiper
5/3/2019 7:15am
I am sure JGR has not committed to bringing Chad back.
sam hain
5/3/2019 7:19am
kpiper wrote:
Chad brings more exposure to their team than any other rider on their payroll, bringing him back for a farewell SX 2020 would only benefit them from a sponsorship POV IMO. He has one of the biggest fan bases in the sport.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/3/2019 7:41am
kpiper wrote:
You are SURE ?
mb60
5/3/2019 7:45am
What puzzles me is they are the 250 effort but hire 4 guys with no chance at winning in sx.
Casting
5/3/2019 7:46am
langhammx wrote:
You are SURE ?
He's as sure as knowing that a drop-bear shits in the woods.
aroark247
5/3/2019 7:53am
mb60 wrote:
What puzzles me is they are the 250 effort but hire 4 guys with no chance at winning in sx.
Troll is the only one that has showed the possibility of winning a sx in the past. Every once in a while Jimmy D looks close, but Enzo Lopes and Kyle Peters leave me scratching my head. In outdoors I feel like Troll has a legit shot at winning some motos
sam hain
5/3/2019 7:58am
Give Alex another year on the bike and I think his results will be much improved.
kpiper
5/3/2019 11:40am
What about JGR for summer 2019! Smile Just Hill in the 450 class???
5/3/2019 11:47am
mb60 wrote:
aroark247 wrote:
Troll is the only one that has showed the possibility of winning a sx in the past. Every once in a while Jimmy D looks close...
Troll is the only one that has showed the possibility of winning a sx in the past. Every once in a while Jimmy D looks close, but Enzo Lopes and Kyle Peters leave me scratching my head. In outdoors I feel like Troll has a legit shot at winning some motos
Jimmy D has numerous podiums this season. Kyle Peters is a holeshot machine and continues to exceed expectations. Not sure what you expect from these guys. They had great seasons. It's like you expect them to win or something?
5/3/2019 11:52am
mb60 wrote:
What 250 winner is going to sign with JGR? None. They don't have a title sponsor which means they don't have the funds of the other teams. They simply don't have the pull to sign a top tier rider right now. A-mart was a step in the right direction, but he hasn't done that great this SX season. Can't blame the bike. They pull starts, jump all the same obstacles. It's certainly not holding Jimmy or Kyle back.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
5/3/2019 12:26pm
people as Rich as they are do a lot of things and have a lot of options, this was a hobby for them , (owning a team)
And if its not fun anymore , they will get into race cars or rally , or skiing or whatever they want to do.
It seems like they are losing interest
So if they are feeling generous they will let the team stay open and just still go get into other ventures, but Big but
The team is costing money instead of making it
It sounds Like anyway, if they could find a way to be profitable imo they would probably keep it going
Imo.
hamncheeze
5/3/2019 12:27pm
Also interesting in that segment with Reed on the Moto 60 was where he said something along the lines of "In my opinion the Cup team hurts the moto team". He kind of backed out of it after saying and certainly did not want to elaborate but it would be interesting to know exactly what he means? That the Cup team could potentially scare off sponsors for the Moto team because it is too big?? Gotta love a Chad Reed interview, he always gives a lot but at the same time leaves you wanting for more. Truly a master of PR.
5/3/2019 12:49pm
Tarz483 wrote:
people as Rich as they are do a lot of things and have a lot of options, this was a hobby for them , (owning a...
people as Rich as they are do a lot of things and have a lot of options, this was a hobby for them , (owning a team)
And if its not fun anymore , they will get into race cars or rally , or skiing or whatever they want to do.
So if they are feeling generous they will let the team stay open and just still go get into other ventures, but Big but
It sounds Like anyway, if they could find a way to be profitable imo they would probably keep it going
Imo.
You really think they’d get into racing cars? That’s a pretty hot take, bro.
Rickyisms
5/3/2019 12:50pm
Doesn't Jimmy D still have lyme as well? That shit fucks you up.
Tryhard
5/3/2019 1:12pm
Tarz483 wrote:
people as Rich as they are do a lot of things and have a lot of options, this was a hobby for them , (owning a...
Imo.
Lol!!!! Jgr has only been racing cars longer then moto.................
dadofagun
Fantasy
2117th
5/3/2019 1:24pm
I hope they can stick around after next year. They have enough funds to keep it around on their own, but not forever. Plus, it's nice to see a solid Suzuki effort at the track, and they for certain do that. The Gibbs outfit I would think can pull in some funding within the next year to keep things afloat, but blowing money has got to stop. Their 250 effort has been nothing to sneeze at, considering we see their bikes and riders mentioned and viewed multiple times each Saturday night, which is everything I would think a sponsor would love. The 450 side this season has been given great exposure based on having Reed around, whether he top 5's or not. Hill?? That interest filled ship full of cashed, over-written checks has sailed. Lesson learned the hard way I see it. Hill, like a musician, (which it appears that is where his heart is, cause it sure as hell isn't in moto anymore) goes like hell when all is well, and the stage lights are on. Problem is, after Vegas, the stage lights are off, and now we have to work on day shift. History has proven that isn't his gig, so expect things to repeat themselves......all while JGR will honor it's promises and continue to pay him bigtime until labor day. A 450 summer for them isn't going to bring much reward, I just hope they can gut through it with some future talent for next year to re-ignite the fires that started the whole party to begin with....... Besides, it's nice to see some great looking yellow bikes out there backed by the factory that built them. I hope they can continue to chug along, we need them now more than ever.....
5/3/2019 1:31pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Imo.
Tryhard wrote:
Lol!!!! Jgr has only been racing cars longer then moto.................
Tell him. Laughing My post was sarcasm.
mxer15
5/3/2019 1:43pm
JGR sucks they have a week program that an over paid rider like Justin Hill not train
chump6784
5/3/2019 1:53pm
Ferris was all keen to do outdoors with them and nothing happened. Would have been their best chance at running up front outdoors
snackfedbear
5/3/2019 2:02pm
mxer15 wrote:
JGR sucks they have a week program that an over paid rider like Justin Hill not train
Yea bro super week
RTDRacing
5/3/2019 3:40pm
mxer15 wrote:
Yea bro super week
All week long...
dadofagun
Fantasy
2117th
5/3/2019 3:50pm
mxer15 wrote:
Yea bro super week
RTDRacing wrote:
All week long...
Next week too....
5/3/2019 4:01pm
mxer15 wrote:
Yea bro super week
RTDRacing wrote:
All week long...
If he went to school instead of being on Vital, he'd probably know the difference. No?
mx900
Fantasy
796th
5/3/2019 4:12pm
JGR sign Jace Owen for 2020!
snackfedbear
5/3/2019 4:21pm
mx900 wrote:
JGR sign Jace Owen for 2020!
Fck yea if this is true. Been a fan of this dude since he was ripping superminis at the stew compound decked out in seven gear
Johnny Depp
5/3/2019 4:58pm
Sorry, but in my opinion JGR has consistently under performed. They have had plenty of talent, good teams put riders on bikes that make them better.

Post a reply to: JGR 2020?

The Latest