JEFFREY HERLINGS #84 UPDATE...the parts he is bringing to unadilla..

TOSH25
Edited Date/Time 7/16/2014 11:34am
So whilst watching the MXGP of finland today the commentators were saying that Jeffrey herlings is only taking his foot pegs, his seat and his brakes to unadilla. and also he will fly in Friday and fly out on sunday. I know that he will run the American redbull ktm but surely his set up would require his suspension or some more components so the bike feels more like his own 250 machine rather than that of a total different 250...to me they seem like insignificant essentials to have to make the bike feel like your own... JUST PEGS AND A SEAT??, if so then to me the guys got even more serious skills than I thought.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/13/2014 9:10am
TOSH25 wrote:
So whilst watching the MXGP of finland today the commentators were saying that Jeffrey herlings is only taking his foot pegs, his seat and his brakes...
So whilst watching the MXGP of finland today the commentators were saying that Jeffrey herlings is only taking his foot pegs, his seat and his brakes to unadilla. and also he will fly in Friday and fly out on sunday. I know that he will run the American redbull ktm but surely his set up would require his suspension or some more components so the bike feels more like his own 250 machine rather than that of a total different 250...to me they seem like insignificant essentials to have to make the bike feel like your own... JUST PEGS AND A SEAT??, if so then to me the guys got even more serious skills than I thought.
Personal fit items...and I'm sure they'll have suspension dialed in for him.

I also hear that he's supposed to actually arrive a bit earlier, and may do press day at Unadilla.
Kyle978
7/13/2014 9:13am
I would imagine that the U.S. WP guys and the Euro WP guy will be on the same page as far as his suspension set up.
TOSH25
7/13/2014 9:14am
I would hope he arrives a few days earlier as Friday seems a bit close to Race day leaving him only morning practise sessions to ride the bike!
7/13/2014 9:14am
GuyB wrote:
Personal fit items...and I'm sure they'll have suspension dialed in for him. I also hear that he's supposed to actually arrive a bit earlier, and may...

I also hear that he's supposed to actually arrive a bit earlier, and may do press day at Unadilla.
If he really wants to perform, he must take the deal seriously. Or he will be smoked by Baggett / Martin / Webb...

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/13/2014 9:17am
If he really wants to perform, he must take the deal seriously. Or he will be smoked by Baggett / Martin / Webb...
I'm sure he takes it seriously. I'd expect the teams (on both sides of the pond) do, too. No one wants to put in a sub-par result.
MotoX85
7/13/2014 9:18am
GuyB wrote:
Personal fit items...and I'm sure they'll have suspension dialed in for him. I also hear that he's supposed to actually arrive a bit earlier, and may...

Who cares, at least he is coming over to race. I bash him a lot but it takes cojones to come and race here on tracks he is not familiar with. I hope he does well.
TOSH25
7/13/2014 9:19am
Kyle978 wrote:
I would imagine that the U.S. WP guys and the Euro WP guy will be on the same page as far as his suspension set up.
yea your probably right. Either way its going to be exciting for sure...I watch this kid week in week out and I just truly hope he stays healthy until then, he is going to have the mxgp 250 championship won at the next round at LOKET Czech republic so I really want to see him focused on the Unadilla race>
Jeff alessi
7/13/2014 9:35am
Idk about unadilla for him, i seem to think he would of had a better chance at something like millville wheres its got a bit more sand and hills like hes use to. Unadilla seems like a really alien surface to what hes use to in europe. Im sure schedule had a lot to do with this.
TOSH25
7/13/2014 9:51am
Idk about unadilla for him, i seem to think he would of had a better chance at something like millville wheres its got a bit more...
Idk about unadilla for him, i seem to think he would of had a better chance at something like millville wheres its got a bit more sand and hills like hes use to. Unadilla seems like a really alien surface to what hes use to in europe. Im sure schedule had a lot to do with this.
I totally agree with u.. Unadilla is the track which is least going to flatter his style, skills etc. like u say Millville would of best suited him surely, its technical, a bit sandy, lots of jumps to scrub. Unadilla is just pure flat out and fast in comparison. and as far as schedule goes...august is totally MXGP free due to the cancelled GP in the Ukraine, so the U.S is a stop gap before they head to Brazil for that round.
tek14
7/13/2014 9:53am
His mechanic said they will take sticker set and rebuild bike after press day run. They will just build his setup ready for WP suspension and motor/pipe just like team running in US.
They have to send out motos for fly out races(brazil and other one), if JH takes title at Lommel he will race 350f at MXGP those 2 races.
wagonmaster
7/13/2014 10:02am
I hope he makes press day he is the current world champ I would like to hear what he has to say. Its really cool that he is coming over during his series to test the water's here. Has he raced in the USA before???
jeffro503
7/13/2014 10:07am
I don't really care for the kid....but I have to give him big props for coming over and running a race. Hope he has a good time and looks forward to coming back again one day.
7/13/2014 10:13am
I hope he makes press day he is the current world champ I would like to hear what he has to say. Its really cool that...
I hope he makes press day he is the current world champ I would like to hear what he has to say. Its really cool that he is coming over during his series to test the water's here. Has he raced in the USA before???
Never.
bvm111
7/13/2014 10:19am
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't really care for the kid....but I have to give him big props for coming over and running a race. Hope he has a good...
I don't really care for the kid....but I have to give him big props for coming over and running a race. Hope he has a good time and looks forward to coming back again one day.
i agree jeff,

being 100% dutch i have tried liking him many times but it never seems to work. I hope it goes well for him but i think he is going to be surprised how quick the pace is here!
moto62z
7/13/2014 10:26am
I hope he makes press day he is the current world champ I would like to hear what he has to say. Its really cool that...
Never.
He raced the USGP at Glen Helen
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/13/2014 10:33am
This is exciting. The guy hauls the mail.
7/13/2014 10:35am
Never.
moto62z wrote:
He raced the USGP at Glen Helen
Right.

But my answer was about "pure" AMA races, not Youthstream's...

Wink
TOSH25
7/13/2014 10:36am
At the end of the day love or hate this kid. Love AMA MX or MXGP either way, This is great for the sport we all live and breathe. I hope its an amazing spectacle. and is something that will happen more in the future!
DC
7/13/2014 11:05am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2014 11:05am
I think Jeffrey coming over here is one of the cooler and more interesting stories of the summer, and I am sure he picked Unadilla because of the schedule. If he had a choice, I am pretty sure he would have picked Millville -- watching him today in Finland was a reminder of just how blindingly fast he is in the sand -- over Unadilla, for the exact reason Jeff 801 gave above. Still, he's going to be a real handful, as well as the wild card, because by that point it's looking like Martin and Baggett mayl be focused on each other and the championship.

And like Guy B said, I think he may come early and participate in press day, according to Roger.

Respect to Herlings84 for taking on such a challenge.

DC
MX Sports
TOSH25
7/13/2014 11:18am
DC wrote:
I think Jeffrey coming over here is one of the cooler and more interesting stories of the summer, and I am sure he picked Unadilla because...
I think Jeffrey coming over here is one of the cooler and more interesting stories of the summer, and I am sure he picked Unadilla because of the schedule. If he had a choice, I am pretty sure he would have picked Millville -- watching him today in Finland was a reminder of just how blindingly fast he is in the sand -- over Unadilla, for the exact reason Jeff 801 gave above. Still, he's going to be a real handful, as well as the wild card, because by that point it's looking like Martin and Baggett mayl be focused on each other and the championship.

And like Guy B said, I think he may come early and participate in press day, according to Roger.

DC
MX Sports
WOW THIS WAS MY FIRST EVER POST ON VITAL, IS THIS THE REAL DAVEY COOMBES????. IF SO THEN OMG THATS COOL.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
7/13/2014 11:20am
I don't understand what the point of shipping his suspension would be. Couldn't his suspension guy just send over the valving info and all the specifics and have one of the US WP techs set up a set for him?
PintoMx
Fantasy
2583rd
7/13/2014 11:24am
DC wrote:
I think Jeffrey coming over here is one of the cooler and more interesting stories of the summer, and I am sure he picked Unadilla because...

DC
MX Sports
Well said DC.
Outsider
7/13/2014 11:24am
TOSH25 wrote:
WOW THIS WAS MY FIRST EVER POST ON VITAL, IS THIS THE REAL DAVEY COOMBES????. IF SO THEN OMG THATS COOL.
Congrats, now GTFO!

Tongue
TOSH25
7/13/2014 11:45am
TOSH25 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Congrats, now GTFO!

Tongue
???? LOL
tek14
7/13/2014 11:58am
hartebreak wrote:
I don't understand what the point of shipping his suspension would be. Couldn't his suspension guy just send over the valving info and all the specifics...
I don't understand what the point of shipping his suspension would be. Couldn't his suspension guy just send over the valving info and all the specifics and have one of the US WP techs set up a set for him?
Yes he will run US suspension with his own normal setup. His setup looks just little harder than others as he isnt small guy and riders so much faster. I think all WP parts come from same factory anyway and that even might be in europe..
HuskyEd
7/13/2014 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2014 12:13pm
TOSH25 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Congrats, now GTFO!

Tongue
TOSH25 wrote:
???? LOL
Noob hazing and like outsider said, "now GTFO".

Laughing

Oh, and by the way, Welcome to Vital.
Brent
7/13/2014 12:17pm
TOSH25 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Congrats, now GTFO!

Tongue
No, it's actually not.

It's either his publicist, agent, manager, personal assistant, or the guy who gets his coffee.

LaughingLaughingLaughingTongue
TOSH25
7/13/2014 12:17pm
Outsider wrote:
Congrats, now GTFO!

Tongue
TOSH25 wrote:
???? LOL
HuskyEd wrote:

Laughing

been browsing these sites for the past 10 yrs or more so hardly a newb, just finally decided to sign up today...SO U MY FRIEND GO PLAY IN THE ROAD ..and the whole Davey coombes thing was sarcasm. obviously wasted on the likes of u!.
HuskyEd
7/13/2014 12:26pm
TOSH25 wrote:
???? LOL
HuskyEd wrote:

Laughing

TOSH25 wrote:
been browsing these sites for the past 10 yrs or more so hardly a newb, just finally decided to sign up today...SO U MY FRIEND GO...
been browsing these sites for the past 10 yrs or more so hardly a newb, just finally decided to sign up today...SO U MY FRIEND GO PLAY IN THE ROAD ..and the whole Davey coombes thing was sarcasm. obviously wasted on the likes of u!.
Easy Tosh. Just having some fun. Lucky your first post here wasn't 5 or 6 years ago. It was brutal back then. Smile

Post a reply to: JEFFREY HERLINGS #84 UPDATE...the parts he is bringing to unadilla..

The Latest