JEFF/RALPH - WTF!!?!?

Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 12:03am
WHY DO THE OUTDOORS HAVE SUCH AMAZING COVERAGE AS COMPARED TO SX? I know there are reasons, but, I just don't know what they are. HOW CAN WE GET THESE GUYS FIRED - ESPECIALLY RALPH.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/5/2018 7:27pm
Calm down Tyler. The coverage has nothing to do with Ralph or Jeff.
SKlein
2/5/2018 7:27pm
"I know there are reasons, but, I just don't know what they are."

So....... Which is it?
dirtmike86
2/5/2018 7:28pm
Its funny how many threads there are about this. I honestly dont even pay attention to what they are saying. I just watch with my own two eyes and its fine.
2/6/2018 4:58am
WHY DO THE OUTDOORS HAVE SUCH AMAZING COVERAGE AS COMPARED TO SX? I know there are reasons, but, I just don't know what they are. HOW...
WHY DO THE OUTDOORS HAVE SUCH AMAZING COVERAGE AS COMPARED TO SX? I know there are reasons, but, I just don't know what they are. HOW CAN WE GET THESE GUYS FIRED - ESPECIALLY RALPH.
You think Ralph is running a camera?????

The Shop

Reggsie
2/6/2018 5:03am
Three separate threads complaining about Ralph and Jeff. I think the reason people have a problem with them is less because their individual lack of skill and more to do with their complete lack of chemistry working together. They don't play off each other very well I feel
DoctorJD
2/6/2018 5:24am
For the life of me I can't understand why people lose their sh*t over what two guys say during a race. Do you guys actually follow any other sports, or is moto your only thing? Because if you did, then you'd know that shitty announcing/commentating/analysis is a fact of life. With the exception of some of the greats (Keith Jackson, Pat Sumerall, John Madden, Verne Lundquist) there is no one beyond reproach. Hell even those guys had their haters.

If they bother you, then turn the freaking volume down. Now if you want to talk (complain) about some of the other aspects of the production (like cutting to a replay during a last-lap battle, or #SXonFOX) then I'm with you, but this constant complaining about Jeff and Ralph have run their course. Let it go.
Crush
2/6/2018 5:40am
DoctorJD wrote:
For the life of me I can't understand why people lose their sh*t over what two guys say during a race. Do you guys actually follow...
For the life of me I can't understand why people lose their sh*t over what two guys say during a race. Do you guys actually follow any other sports, or is moto your only thing? Because if you did, then you'd know that shitty announcing/commentating/analysis is a fact of life. With the exception of some of the greats (Keith Jackson, Pat Sumerall, John Madden, Verne Lundquist) there is no one beyond reproach. Hell even those guys had their haters.

If they bother you, then turn the freaking volume down. Now if you want to talk (complain) about some of the other aspects of the production (like cutting to a replay during a last-lap battle, or #SXonFOX) then I'm with you, but this constant complaining about Jeff and Ralph have run their course. Let it go.
Bro. Cats.
Polski934
2/6/2018 6:08am
DoctorJD wrote:
For the life of me I can't understand why people lose their sh*t over what two guys say during a race. Do you guys actually follow...

^ Agree. I can think of quite a few times when they are showing some useless replay for far too long and we hear the crowd go nuts! I didn't need to see Bower's crash until after the last lap was over. Drives me crazy. How about a general rule like if the leaders are within a second of each other, don't show someone outside the top 5. It can wait.
rangot
2/6/2018 6:15am
Just be thankfull you don't have to hear French commentators... Actually, one is good, the other one is very bad. I mean terribly bad.
tingo
2/6/2018 6:46am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 6:58am
I like Ralph. I even liked the cat explanation. And I don't like cats. Was that comment a bit weird? Sure, but that was the point - a quirky personal insight into the dude riding the bike. I don't want to listen to someone make the call like it's a horse race where it is just a rapid-fire description of each position change. That might make sense if the family was huddled around the radio in the 40's, but not when we're actually watching the race live and have a position/lap time ticker scrolling at all times. Do both of them say some goofy things ("Plessinger just made a HUUUUGE mistake" - uhhhh, no Ralph, that was you), yep, but I don't expect perfection from anyone calling a race live. It's going to happen regardless of who is in the booth.

Who I do have a huge problem with is the jackass that chooses to cut to some replay when a serious battle for position is going on, only to miss the pass on the live broadcast and then have to show a replay of the pass. That's just silly. It also seems like it's far too frequent that we'll be watching a good battle for a few laps, and just as one rider is about to make a move on another, the camera switches and we get to watch the leader ride clean laps all by themselves. Anyhow, to me, the director is a much bigger issue than Ralfro and Fralph.

*You're welcome for those names, by the way.
Jmicmoto13
2/6/2018 6:49am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Calm down Tyler. The coverage has nothing to do with Ralph or Jeff.
Hahaha I would say from his name it’s Don Vito behind the keyboard.

2/6/2018 7:06am
Seriously why the hate? They are fine! Unfortunately for us die hard Moto guys their analysis is mundane and obvious, but we are the minority. Of the 300 - 500 thousand viewers each week the die hards only consist of about 30k - 50K. For the rest of the viewers these guys are perfect.

#chillonRalphandJeff
2/6/2018 7:10am
tingo wrote:
I like Ralph. I even liked the cat explanation. And I don't like cats. Was that comment a bit weird? Sure, but that was the point...
I like Ralph. I even liked the cat explanation. And I don't like cats. Was that comment a bit weird? Sure, but that was the point - a quirky personal insight into the dude riding the bike. I don't want to listen to someone make the call like it's a horse race where it is just a rapid-fire description of each position change. That might make sense if the family was huddled around the radio in the 40's, but not when we're actually watching the race live and have a position/lap time ticker scrolling at all times. Do both of them say some goofy things ("Plessinger just made a HUUUUGE mistake" - uhhhh, no Ralph, that was you), yep, but I don't expect perfection from anyone calling a race live. It's going to happen regardless of who is in the booth.

Who I do have a huge problem with is the jackass that chooses to cut to some replay when a serious battle for position is going on, only to miss the pass on the live broadcast and then have to show a replay of the pass. That's just silly. It also seems like it's far too frequent that we'll be watching a good battle for a few laps, and just as one rider is about to make a move on another, the camera switches and we get to watch the leader ride clean laps all by themselves. Anyhow, to me, the director is a much bigger issue than Ralfro and Fralph.

*You're welcome for those names, by the way.
My daughter loved the cat explanation. It was nice to hear a reason for Marvin’s ridiculous outfit.... I can’t think of a worse outfit ever! Can anyone think of worse style choices?
crockett
2/6/2018 8:20am
It's not that bad, but it's really not that good either, I think there is a lot of opportunity to share background story lines on riders to make the race coverage more intriguing, I don't think anyone is against that no matter your view on Ralph and Jeff.
crockett
2/6/2018 8:20am
My proof is that we will listen to a guy babble on for 5 hours every Monday in hopes for some good intriguing info on the races
JRT812
2/6/2018 8:22am
I feel like there has been one or two threads about the same subject...
Evoracer
2/6/2018 8:56am
Most around here like ralph, not I. Guessing you won't get much sympathy for the cause.
Forty
2/6/2018 9:16am
Seriously why the hate? They are fine! Unfortunately for us die hard Moto guys their analysis is mundane and obvious, but we are the minority. Of...
Seriously why the hate? They are fine! Unfortunately for us die hard Moto guys their analysis is mundane and obvious, but we are the minority. Of the 300 - 500 thousand viewers each week the die hards only consist of about 30k - 50K. For the rest of the viewers these guys are perfect.

#chillonRalphandJeff
This is a point....
2/6/2018 9:51am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 11:54am
I don’t mind Ralph and Jeff’s commentary, except when they refuse to mention the nationals.
Race day live is getting pretty bad with the stream issues and not showing qualifying. They showed interviews and track maps for the first 3 minutes during both final qualifiers!?
Idp57
Fantasy
2612th
2/6/2018 9:58am
^^^^^^ Exactly...last years been so much better,now only interviews.I don't mind them ,but at least show the f riders how they ride.
2/6/2018 11:11am
My daughter loved the cat explanation. It was nice to hear a reason for Marvin’s ridiculous outfit.... I can’t think of a worse outfit ever! Can...
My daughter loved the cat explanation. It was nice to hear a reason for Marvin’s ridiculous outfit.... I can’t think of a worse outfit ever! Can anyone think of worse style choices?
MattyVicious
Fantasy
314th
2/6/2018 11:14am
WHY DO THE OUTDOORS HAVE SUCH AMAZING COVERAGE AS COMPARED TO SX? I know there are reasons, but, I just don't know what they are. HOW...
Caps are stuck.
hamncheeze
2/6/2018 11:46am
This was touched on the Pulp MX show last night but I think the problem is not Ralph, but Jeff. There are a lot of times where Ralph throws it to Jeff and he doesn't get much back. For whatever reason Fro is hesitant to really say what he thinks in many instances. When that happens then Ralph tends to ad lib a bit and try to describe the riding and things go totally sideways. Jeff is the expert, he has to be able to provide analysis and be descriptive in it. And offer opinion.

Look how Weigandt and GL do it outdoors. Jason rarely talks about riding the bike, or trying to explain what might be going on with the rider. He goes to GL for that. He focuses mostly on calling the action. I find it interesting that when Emig used to do outdoors he was actually much better at giving opinion and insight. I'm not sure if that is a function of the chemistry differences between himself and Ralph vs Weege, or if it is a function of the differences in the racing where outdoors is longer and slightly slower paced?
rosebud441
2/6/2018 12:13pm
I Like Ralph and Jeff, they do a fine job,, two thumbs up!!

mark_swart
2/6/2018 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 12:39pm
I hate to say it, but I feel like Jeff's energy is a bit down this season. Ralph cues something up and Jeff says "yep." He's been doing this gig for about a decade, maybe he's just over it, I couldn't fault him for that. I think even for the expert half of the commentating duo, you still have to show some awe of the sport . (Blair is doing great with that, BTW.) Until Jeff gets back on track, they really need to get an additional expert voice in the booth. Dungey? Canard?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/6/2018 12:46pm
Here's an idea. Get rid of Ralph and Jeff. Put Jenny in Ralph's spot, Daniel Blair in Fro's spot, Jamie Little or someone new as pit reporter and move Fro to RC's/Daniel Blair's spot.
ktmwoods
2/6/2018 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 1:18pm
+1 for Kevin Kelly and David Izer from DMXS to do a hostile takeover, or run an alternate audio feed over the broadcast like an SX “SAP” button
crockett
2/6/2018 1:23pm
ktmwoods wrote:
+1 for Kevin Kelly and David Izer from DMXS to do a hostile takeover, or run an alternate audio feed over the broadcast like an SX...
+1 for Kevin Kelly and David Izer from DMXS to do a hostile takeover, or run an alternate audio feed over the broadcast like an SX “SAP” button
Yeeea no. Those guys spend too much time talking about useless information, we have enough of that already
TeamGreen
2/6/2018 1:49pm
Wow

I'm soooo glad you posted this. I had no idea that any of y'all had a problem with Ralph and Jeff.

Post a reply to: JEFF/RALPH - WTF!!?!?

The Latest