JDR KTM's Coming 2 America Episode 1 Released

MX690
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:34pm

Supercross News
JDR KTM's Coming 2 America Episode 1 Released

Posted: Saturday, 1st January, 2011 : 5:10 PM - - 800 Reads

Share|

After an overwhelmingly positive response to the trailer of JDR Motorsports/J-Star Motors/ KTM's new web series "Coming to America", the first episode of six is now online, titled " The loss and win of a championship for a legend we call Sharky."

The first show takes us back to the weekend of December when PJ Larsen lost..... And then won (provisionally) his first Australasian Super X Lites title, in a mud soaked Brisbane. It was almost like the nights events were scripted to include as much drama as a mid-day soap opera, with the championship tied before the fall of the final moto.

This first episode also takes an in-depth look into the emotional tests that PJ Larsen faced while living away from home.

2010 was a rollercoaster for all the family at JDR Motorsports, with the loss of rider, team motivator and good friend, Andrew McFarlane. Episode one of "Coming 2 America "pays tribute to the legend we call Sharky.

Team owner Jay Rynenberg is really happy with how the first episode of the series has turned out. "I am really happy with how this series is shaping up. It is such a unique storyline that JDR Motorsports has, and "Coming to America" is more than a web video about a team. It's about the people that work under the JDR name and it shows a side of Motocross that has never really been explored before. This is just the start of our series and we have some really exciting episodes in the works as we get ready to debut the JDR/J-Star Motors Team at Anaheim next weekend."

Episode 2 of the series will air online next Friday.

Other JDR Video's are available on their website at: http://www.jdrmotorsports.com.au

|
mxmaniac08
1/1/2011 3:08am
Great insight into JDR.. hope for good things for them guys
Good luck 2011
hasko158
1/1/2011 10:41am
Was going to ask the same thing. He looks like he is about my age too, so I am curious as to the funding.
1/1/2011 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2011 6:18pm
"How is the team funded???"

With Australian dollars, which, the last time I checked, are still pretty strong against the USD$. Beyond that, there's sure to be KTM funding, sponsorship money, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Australian Tourism Board threw in a few quid ("bucks") - only kidding about the latter.

There may also be some Aussie businesses making up any shortfall. An investment in the future?

A professional baseball league has recently started in Australia - the primary financial backer is Major League Baseball, USA. An investment in the future!

The Shop

Old Mate
1/1/2011 7:13pm
I started coaching Jay as a rider 4 years ago and that was his introduction to motocross. 2 years in and he ran a team and is now in the USA. Yes his Dad Derrick ran a huge road barrier and fencing company but they are also extremely educated, honest to the max and top blokes as well so im sure that between Derrick and Jay , the sponsors would all be paying there share and after meeting these guys just hanging to jump on board there image.

Post a reply to: JDR KTM's Coming 2 America Episode 1 Released

The Latest