JA21 to Kawasaki...? Why?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/31/2021 9:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2021 9:15 AM

IF the rumors are correct that see Jason Anderson moving from Rockstar Husqvarna to factory Team Kawasaki at the end of this years contract...I just have to ask...

Does Kawasaki actually think they can win a championship with Anderson? I mean...really?

Or is Anderson just looking for a fat paycheck to hang onto until he retires?

|

5/31/2021 9:16 AM

davistld01 wrote:

IF the rumors are correct that see Jason Anderson moving from Rockstar Husqvarna to factory Team Kawasaki at the end of this ...more

Those are not mutually exclusive things, so there is no need for the "or".........

|

5/31/2021 9:18 AM

davistld01 wrote:

IF the rumors are correct that see Jason Anderson moving from Rockstar Husqvarna to factory Team Kawasaki at the end of this ...more

Did you put an ounce of critical thinking into this post before making it?

|

5/31/2021 9:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2021 9:22 AM

soggy wrote:

Nope. But...

My post was based on the FACT that Jason Anderson hasn't shown a whole lot toward being a true championship contender in a minute or two. Maybe Kawie sees "potential".

|

5/31/2021 9:22 AM

davistld01 wrote:

soggy wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

Nope. But...

My post was based on the FACT that Jason Anderson hasn't shown a whole lot toward being a true championship ...more

He was one of the most impressive guys at the end of supercross. Are we going to act like he’s not good enough for that ride?

|

5/31/2021 9:26 AM

People wrote Barcia off also.. look how good he is now at GasGas.

|

5/31/2021 9:29 AM

He did beat both Kawi riders Saturday right.

|

5/31/2021 9:33 AM

AC is the future at Kawasaki... Anderson is a veteran and former champion, a top 10 rider, who has the potential to podium. With Tomac leaving, I think Anderson checks enough boxes in the short term for the team.

|

5/31/2021 9:33 AM

davistld01 wrote:

Nope. But...

My post was based on the FACT that Jason Anderson hasn't shown a whole lot toward being a true championship ...more

Clearly.

Not every rider is hired with the expectation they will win/contend for the championship. Kawi probably sees him as a top ten guy that will give some good exposure for the brand as his following is pretty large. And I see him and AC getting in better the AC Tomac. I think the bike will fit him well being a rear wheel steering kind of guy.

Plenty of riders get hired that aren’t championship contenders. Deano, mookie, Brayton, Grant when he was on Kawi with Eli.

|

5/31/2021 9:57 AM

soggy wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

Nope. But...

jambalaya wrote:

He was one of the most impressive guys at the end of supercross. Are we going to act like he’s not good enough for that ride?

I believe he’s also the last American to win a moto at mxon

|

5/31/2021 10:00 AM

davistld01 wrote:

I remember people thinking Roger was out of his head hiring Cooper...

(I'm kinda thinking I was one of them...? grin )

I'm jus' sayin'...

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

5/31/2021 10:06 AM

Who else would Kawi fill that seat with that would provide the results and exposure of Anderson? Not to mention the atmosphere around the team truck just got a hell of a lot looser which may be a relief after the Tomac years.

|

5/31/2021 10:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2021 10:14 AM

If rides given/contracts signed only to riders who are a guaranteed title winner there would be a lot of very good riders unemployed. JA has a pretty large fan base

|

5/31/2021 10:24 AM

I think it’s a great move. Kawi still likes Forkner a lot. This buys him time. Coupled with Anderson being a strong rider who is ready for a change. The mood will suit AC and results will be good.

Seems like a win win

|

5/31/2021 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2021 10:39 AM

davistld01 wrote:

Its really simple....they offered him a Job!

Ps. Read Hollywood009's post. There ain't more to it.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

5/31/2021 10:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2021 12:38 PM

I'd sign Anderson over McElrath, Bogle, Anstie, Malcolm, Tickle, Bloss, or Savatgy.

Edit: added Tickle.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/31/2021 10:39 AM

I thought this thread was going to go the opposite direction: why would Anderson leave Husky for Kawasaki? Money? Just needed a change?

Will be interesting to see if he's expected to be a #2 to AC (in salary and expectations) or if they'll have two #1s.

|

5/31/2021 10:40 AM

Ando needs to consistently be in the top 5 if he wants Kawi to overlook his lifestyle choices. See Emig and Lechien.

|

5/31/2021 10:42 AM

dirtworldmx wrote:

Ando needs to consistently be in the top 5 if he wants Kawi to overlook his lifestyle choices. See Emig and Lechien.

What lifestyle choices?

|

Not sure what's not to like about it. JA is a polarizing talent, so to watch him take on a new challenge is great for us as fans. Kawi doesn't miss on talent very often, a former champion isn't exactly mailing it in it that regard. Looking forward to seeing him flow on that KX!

|

Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2021 10:43 AM

davistld01 wrote:

It's not like he's ever won a sx title or anything...🧐

|

5/31/2021 10:51 AM

Former SX champ, last USA rider to win a moto at MXdN, great following, podium contender on any given day, he can win races here and there, but you’re acting like he doesn’t deserve a ride with Kawi..... makes total sense.

|

5/31/2021 10:59 AM

kingmcgrath wrote:

I thought this thread was going to go the opposite direction: why would Anderson leave Husky for Kawasaki? Money? Just needed ...more

I thought the same. Kawi seems overly rigid and has thrived with head down/here to get shit done types of riders (tomac, RV). But who knows, AC is more “human” than those guys and will probably be a great teammate to be around so that helps.

|

5/31/2021 11:03 AM

If kawi want to employ a 450 sx champion, their options are Tomac, Webb and Anderson....given so few options, this shouldn't be too hard to work out.

|

5/31/2021 11:14 AM

I'm not against it.

I mean, I think we could all agree: JA21 is Husky's #1, Eli is Kawi's #1. With Eli nearing retirement and AC ready to splooge, we will see a changing of the guard with Kawi needing a new #2 rider. No offense to Jason, but he may be in a different spot in his career than past. Not to mention, Husky may be already shopping a new top guy as well.

|

32:1 since '93

5/31/2021 11:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2021 11:37 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I'd sign Anderson over McElrath, Bogle, Anstie, Malcolm, Tickle, Bloss, or Savatgy.

Edit: added Tickle.

I'll easily agree with that.

|

5/31/2021 11:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2021 9:22 PM

He won like 5 heat races this year in SX. He can also hit the podium in SX and MX at anytime. Nothing has slowed down in his speed at all. He’s been top qualifier multiple times as well.

He’s had major bad luck. Seat breaking in SLC last year cost him a win. I also think Bobby Hewitt leaving messed with his vibe there.

I think the team change will be a good one personnel wise and he should be motivated to make an impact. What I worry about is how different he’s going to feel riding a Japanese bike after racing a steel framed machine for years on years.

|

5/31/2021 11:47 AM

davistld01 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

Its really simple....they offered him a Job!

Ps. Read Hollywood009's post. There ain't more to it.

This is it.. Andersons loyalty to the team kinda went went when Bobby got the flick.. he needs a job and figures Husky isnt going to offer him. I see him and Wilson needing rides , and he hasnt hung around waiting.

|

5/31/2021 11:56 AM

Where you at OP

|

5/31/2021 11:56 AM

I’m guessing JA21 liked the color of the bike.

|