JA21 Neck Brace Ad

rancor19
Really, Guys?

Not sure what brand of bars he was using but you may as well call them a neck brace, too.

Hyperbole, right?
|
rancor19
3/7/2017 5:22am
Ad. To the right(sometimes)---------->
mj731
3/7/2017 5:27am
I'm surprised there hasn't been a post about this ad yet. I was going to start a post about it because it bothers me watching people crashing and getting hurt. I just hold the tablet in a way so I don't have to see it when I'm reading now. I understand the idea but I don't feel it's the best marketing.
Cortami79
3/7/2017 5:34am
Yeah thought the same thing. The first moment i saw the crash (live) i thought he was dead. So imo it's a little weird to use it as advertisement, but i guess JA21 himself is ok with it? I don't want to sound like a crybaby or something, but it crossed my mind it was weird

The Shop

rancor19
3/7/2017 5:40am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2017 5:41am
mj731 wrote:
I'm surprised there hasn't been a post about this ad yet. I was going to start a post about it because it bothers me watching people...
I'm surprised there hasn't been a post about this ad yet. I was going to start a post about it because it bothers me watching people crashing and getting hurt. I just hold the tablet in a way so I don't have to see it when I'm reading now. I understand the idea but I don't feel it's the best marketing.
I'm not attacking a product here, and most certainly not JA. When that happened, and I was watching on live tv, I honestly thought the absolute worst for him.
He was very, very lucky. And nothing else. His helmet, and PURE LUCK saved him. The brace could have played a part but...
Crush
3/7/2017 5:41am
Ramrod wrote:
????
MxDN crash...

TBF... His head got landed on and his neck didn't break. So...
rancor19
3/7/2017 5:50am
Cortami79 wrote:
Yeah thought the same thing. The first moment i saw the crash (live) i thought he was dead. So imo it's a little weird to use...
Yeah thought the same thing. The first moment i saw the crash (live) i thought he was dead. So imo it's a little weird to use it as advertisement, but i guess JA21 himself is ok with it? I don't want to sound like a crybaby or something, but it crossed my mind it was weird
Wasn't copying you Wink

Same thoughts here...
TXDirt
3/7/2017 6:17am
Why stop there? How about next ad they show a guy in a wheelchair with the caption "This could be you".

Buy our neck braces!

Kinda like those Anti-Smoking public service ads.
rancor19
3/7/2017 6:24am
TXDirt wrote:
Why stop there? How about next ad they show a guy in a wheelchair with the caption "This could be you". Buy our neck braces! Kinda...
Why stop there? How about next ad they show a guy in a wheelchair with the caption "This could be you".

Buy our neck braces!

Kinda like those Anti-Smoking public service ads.
Yup.

Pretty sad/disgusting.
tek14
3/7/2017 6:29am
That ad is total sh_t! I would never support Company who using that kind of adds.
How low people can go to sell anything for money.. disgusting!

I have to reload page always because I dont wanna see that crap.
Xeno
3/7/2017 6:31am
A screenshot of the ad might help those of us who are using VitalMx on a mobile device…
flymoto
3/7/2017 6:39am
Yeh I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up sooner. It's pretty shocking, I genuinely thought we had witnessed a fatality, it's was a awful incident that doesn't need to be pushed in anyone's face as soon as they come onto vital! Sort it out atlas/vital. Didn't think they would stoop so low
TXDirt
3/7/2017 6:39am
Xeno wrote:
A screenshot of the ad might help those of us who are using VitalMx on a mobile device…
It's a small animation. This was all I could capture.

JBecker 72
3/7/2017 6:40am
tek14 wrote:
That ad is total sh_t! I would never support Company who using that kind of adds. How low people can go to sell anything for money...
That ad is total sh_t! I would never support Company who using that kind of adds.
How low people can go to sell anything for money.. disgusting!

I have to reload page always because I dont wanna see that crap.
The neck brace topic sure seems to trigger some of you. I fail to see the outrage or disgust with this ad.
rancor19
3/7/2017 6:43am
Xeno wrote:
It was like 5 or 6 frames of his back/head getting landed on and being smashed into the bars which, if you looked closely, left you wondering where the neck brace came in to play at all...
rancor19
3/7/2017 6:48am
JBecker 72 wrote:
The neck brace topic sure seems to trigger some of you. I fail to see the outrage or disgust with this ad.
Some will. That's what they're counting on.
TXDirt
3/7/2017 6:50am
JBecker 72 wrote:
Not so much as a neck brace topic as it is just a tasteless ad. Surely you can see the disgust with that.
Monte122
3/7/2017 6:51am
Nothing wrong with the ad, JA is fine... move on...
JBecker 72
3/7/2017 6:58am
JBecker 72 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Not so much as a neck brace topic as it is just a tasteless ad. Surely you can see the disgust with that.
How is it tasteless? Do the ads of crashed Subarus with the slogan "we lived" offend you in your safe space?
akillerwombat
3/7/2017 6:59am
JBecker 72 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Snowflakes.

The product more than likely saved Anderson from paralysis or death. More power to them for showing how brutal this sport can be and what they can provide to help you play safer. Had it been Anderson dead on the ground or bones sticking out then it's a different story but this is an extremely clean visual of an actual event in which their product worked perfectly.
rancor19
3/7/2017 7:01am
Monte122 wrote:
Here's where it get's touchy...

What if he wasn't?

They wouldn't be bragging about that, would they?

Any claims they're trying to make here are dubious anyway...
TXDirt
3/7/2017 7:04am
JBecker 72 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Snowflakes. The product more than likely saved Anderson from paralysis or death. More power to them for showing how brutal this sport can be and what...
Snowflakes.

The product more than likely saved Anderson from paralysis or death. More power to them for showing how brutal this sport can be and what they can provide to help you play safer. Had it been Anderson dead on the ground or bones sticking out then it's a different story but this is an extremely clean visual of an actual event in which their product worked perfectly.
Snowflakes? I think that's drawing an unfair conclusion. A lot of us have suffered serious moto related injuries and do it for the love of the sport.
akillerwombat
3/7/2017 7:08am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2017 7:09am
TXDirt wrote:
Snowflakes? I think that's drawing an unfair conclusion. A lot of us have suffered serious moto related injuries and do it for the love of the...
Snowflakes? I think that's drawing an unfair conclusion. A lot of us have suffered serious moto related injuries and do it for the love of the sport.
That was in jest about te number of times I've gotten called a snowflake in non-moto by the regulars.

I know many people who've had serious moto injuries as well as some myself (not nearly as bad as this appears) but to see this as a tasteless ad is nonsense. Tasteless would be Anderson laying dead on the ground with a slogan saying, "should have worn an Atlas".
JBecker 72
3/7/2017 7:10am
Monte122 wrote:
rancor19 wrote:
Here's where it get's touchy... What if he wasn't? They wouldn't be bragging about that, would they? Any claims they're trying to make here are dubious...

What if he wasn't?

People die from head trauma while wearing a properly fitting and current safety rated helmet.

Just because you still may suffer serious injury or death while wearing a piece of safety gear, doesn't mean it's a bad idea to wear it in the first place.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
3/7/2017 7:11am
JBecker 72 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Snowflakes. The product more than likely saved Anderson from paralysis or death. More power to them for showing how brutal this sport can be and what...
Snowflakes.

Agreed, how is this disgusting? It's showing an actual occurrence with their rider, not some dramatization, that shit actually HAPPENED.
rancor19
3/7/2017 7:12am
Snowflakes.

You're fucking high. Or you work for said company.

Let's see them prove that their product saved his life.
Like I said in the OP: from the looks of it, the bars kept his head from getting torn off. And if I remember the entire sequence correctly, his head getting smashed against the top/left side of the bars caused the bike to turn right and out from under the guy that was landing on him.

Good one.
cmarona463
3/7/2017 7:13am
rancor19 wrote:
Here's where it get's touchy... What if he wasn't? They wouldn't be bragging about that, would they? Any claims they're trying to make here are dubious...

What if he wasn't?

That's a weak argument. Do you really think if JA had been killed there then they would have used it for an ad? Who on earth actually thinks that? Of course not. Why would they? But if someone is using a product and escapes serious injury in an accident that directly affected the area where the product was worn, can you show that the product in question had nothing to do with the outcome?
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
3/7/2017 7:17am
Do these same people go on about boycotting Subaru for showing that ad with a car that may or may not have saved peoples lives?

akillerwombat
3/7/2017 7:21am
rancor19 wrote:
You're fucking high. Or you work for said company. Let's see them prove that their product saved his life. Like I said in the OP: from...
You're fucking high. Or you work for said company.

Let's see them prove that their product saved his life.
Like I said in the OP: from the looks of it, the bars kept his head from getting torn off. And if I remember the entire sequence correctly, his head getting smashed against the top/left side of the bars caused the bike to turn right and out from under the guy that was landing on him.

Good one.
Since you're the expert - let's see you prove that it didn't.

I want hard evidence. No, "if I remember correctly" or "the bars nights have done this that caused that" because I'm all too willing to believe that atlas has pretty solid data via tests to show how their product reduces the same forces that Anderson neck took.

Post a reply to: JA21 Neck Brace Ad

The Latest