JA no longer with Dragon

ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/31/2018 3:55pm
ML512 wrote:
Their older Force is slowly making its way off the market but I’ve heard they’ve got something new in the works, I’d expect to see them...
Their older Force is slowly making its way off the market but I’ve heard they’ve got something new in the works, I’d expect to see them back on pros with a new high end lid by 2020. Maybe later next year?
Spooner wrote:
The Verge was the most current high end helmet but it went discontinued for the 19 season. I’d expect a new model next year. As for...
The Verge was the most current high end helmet but it went discontinued for the 19 season. I’d expect a new model next year.

As for not having many guys in the helmet recently it’s more due to guys getting a ton of money just for a helmet deal and it didn’t really add up to get them in the helmet too. I’d expect more Thor guys in the astars helmet in the future like AP is doing and as we get a more high end helmet on the market then getting guys back into that.
Ahh I meant verge in my last post, brain fart.
twotwosix
10/31/2018 5:40pm
Beeby wrote:
Where did 100% come from? They were unheard of back in the day and I am surprised they got such a strong place in the market...
Where did 100% come from? They were unheard of back in the day and I am surprised they got such a strong place in the market that Oakley and co dominated...
Brent wrote:
Ludo Boinnard & Marc Blanchard, the guys who founded and ran ONE Industries, bought the brand name from Drew Lien and resurrected it.
Ahhh, that's right. There you go. Knew they came from another company.
Cortami79
11/1/2018 1:00am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2018 12:42am
ML512 wrote:
When he signed his 450 deal, he gained the ability to sign all his own deals. He was able to go Oakley for his last 250...
When he signed his 450 deal, he gained the ability to sign all his own deals. He was able to go Oakley for his last 250 year but had to retain the Airoh helmet, for 2019 he will wear a Fly helmet as he signed his own deal with Fly for
gear and helmets, separate from the team contract.
Man, FLY really is stepping up with their deals. Seems like they are heavily competing with Alpinestars.
Other than Oakley, I think he could end up with Scott?

Are there any other riders switching from major brands?

edit: oops I misread that
Gandorlf
11/1/2018 1:39am
So JA is moving away from Astars to Fly already? I figured he'd stay with Alpinestars...

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/1/2018 2:08am
Gandorlf wrote:
So JA is moving away from Astars to Fly already? I figured he'd stay with Alpinestars...
No. Anderson is no longer with Dragon Optics for his goggle sponsor. He's still with Alpinestars.

Osborne switched from Airoh helmets to Fly helmets.
11/1/2018 3:38am
Ml512, is there a deal between fly/wps and Alpinestars? maybe I am crazy but it seems like once you buy into a brand like Fox or Alpinestars you have to buy Fox/Alpinestars everything.

Get O’Neal or answer and you have choices when it comes to boots, chest pro, etc.

I know, I’m crazy. Keefer is my spirit rider.
Jt$
11/1/2018 6:10am
Gandorlf wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
No. Anderson is no longer with Dragon Optics for his goggle sponsor. He's still with Alpinestars.

This.
twotwosix
11/1/2018 6:19am
Ml512, is there a deal between fly/wps and Alpinestars? maybe I am crazy but it seems like once you buy into a brand like Fox or...
Ml512, is there a deal between fly/wps and Alpinestars? maybe I am crazy but it seems like once you buy into a brand like Fox or Alpinestars you have to buy Fox/Alpinestars everything.

Get O’Neal or answer and you have choices when it comes to boots, chest pro, etc.

I know, I’m crazy. Keefer is my spirit rider.
WPS just (semi) recently started distributing Alpinestars, so naturally they would be trying to get the FLY riders to wear the boots. Much like TR did with MSR/ANSR and Gaerne previously.
Gandorlf
11/1/2018 7:00am
Gandorlf wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:

My bad. I thought ML was referring to JA in his post regarding FLY gear and helmet.
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
11/1/2018 11:59am
twotwosix wrote:
WPS just (semi) recently started distributing Alpinestars, so naturally they would be trying to get the FLY riders to wear the boots. Much like TR did...
WPS just (semi) recently started distributing Alpinestars, so naturally they would be trying to get the FLY riders to wear the boots. Much like TR did with MSR/ANSR and Gaerne previously.
If you are sponsored by Fly/WPS as an amateur it comes with a Gaerne deal as well, not Alpinestars. Not sure if that means anything or not.
GODZILLA
11/1/2018 12:14pm
Spooner wrote:
The Verge was the most current high end helmet but it went discontinued for the 19 season. I’d expect a new model next year. As for...
The Verge was the most current high end helmet but it went discontinued for the 19 season. I’d expect a new model next year.

As for not having many guys in the helmet recently it’s more due to guys getting a ton of money just for a helmet deal and it didn’t really add up to get them in the helmet too. I’d expect more Thor guys in the astars helmet in the future like AP is doing and as we get a more high end helmet on the market then getting guys back into that.
Never really caught on here in France: "Verge" means penis in french.
If you wear one, all your friends call you dickhead.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
11/1/2018 12:16pm
Spooner wrote:

GODZILLA wrote:
LaughingLaughingLaughing That's great!
Spooner
11/1/2018 1:43pm
Spooner wrote:

GODZILLA wrote:
Ha! Let’s just hope the new models isn’t the Verge 2 lol.
DTR830
Fantasy
1131st
11/1/2018 2:10pm
GD2 wrote:
Oakley goggles. Also switched to the Alpinestars neck brace from Atlas. View this post on Instagram Brand new @oakley @alpinestars A post shared by Jason Anderson...
Oakley goggles. Also switched to the Alpinestars neck brace from Atlas.

View this post on Instagram

Brand new @oakley @alpinestars

A post shared by Jason Anderson (@elhombre21) on Nov 1, 2018 at 1:30pm PDT

damn, Didn't he wear atlas on his own dime at first to try? obviously paid after that but it was his choice to wear it. Now that he is all alpinestar he has to be head to toe.
GODZILLA
11/1/2018 3:23pm
Spooner wrote:
Ha! Let’s just hope the new models isn’t the Verge 2 lol.
There are often interesting things in translations...
In french, Audi's E-tron means "turd", the Toyota MR-2 meant "Toyota is crappy" and no one will buy a Works Connection part branded "WC" since that's the men's room.

BenC711
11/1/2018 3:25pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Dragon has announced they are withdrawing from moto. So expect the whole team to change
Dragon aren’t pulling back from moto
TeamGreen
11/1/2018 3:27pm
GD2 wrote:
Oakley goggles. Also switched to the Alpinestars neck brace from Atlas. View this post on Instagram Brand new @oakley @alpinestars A post shared by Jason Anderson...
Oakley goggles. Also switched to the Alpinestars neck brace from Atlas.

View this post on Instagram

Brand new @oakley @alpinestars

A post shared by Jason Anderson (@elhombre21) on Nov 1, 2018 at 1:30pm PDT

DTR830 wrote:
damn, Didn't he wear atlas on his own dime at first to try? obviously paid after that but it was his choice to wear it. Now...
damn, Didn't he wear atlas on his own dime at first to try? obviously paid after that but it was his choice to wear it. Now that he is all alpinestar he has to be head to toe.
Head to Toe?

Seems to me the Helmet still says AIROH...?
Spooner
11/1/2018 4:43pm
Or maybe his helmet contract isn’t up yet. Remember tickle announcing the change right before A1?
11/1/2018 5:09pm
Well shit. I guess Matthes couldn’t snag him a deal with Rich over at EKS. Bummer! Sad! Unfortunate news.
chuckdavies
11/2/2018 2:23am
Cygrace74 wrote:
Dragon has announced they are withdrawing from moto. So expect the whole team to change
You can't state something like that, potentially damaging a company's reputation, without stating the source. Please post your link to the 'announcement' as from what i've heard, Dragon and Moto are going nowhere.
Cygrace74
11/2/2018 6:48am
Cygrace74 wrote:
You can't state something like that, potentially damaging a company's reputation, without stating the source. Please post your link to the 'announcement' as from what i've...
You can't state something like that, potentially damaging a company's reputation, without stating the source. Please post your link to the 'announcement' as from what i've heard, Dragon and Moto are going nowhere.
Find me the moto section on dragonalliance.com ...
Cygrace74
11/2/2018 6:49am
Cygrace74 wrote:
BenC711 wrote:
Show me the Moto section on dragonalliance.com ...
tek14
11/2/2018 7:22am
Cygrace74 wrote:
BenC711 wrote:
Cygrace74 wrote:
This one?
https://europe.dragonalliance.com/collections/mx-goggles
Maybe they will keep it going until stock runs out..
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
11/2/2018 7:25am
Cygrace74 wrote:
BenC711 wrote:
Cygrace74 wrote:
Do you have a link to the "announcement"?
chuckdavies
11/2/2018 8:33am
Dragon_motorsports have posted 17 posts in the past 4 weeks on Instagram too. Weird thing to do for a company who has 'announced' that they're done with motorsports.

Please post the announcement you speak of.
Tbteam
11/2/2018 11:13am
I'm getting old. When JT left, and Drew Lein went through his terrible thing (he was a friend), I sort of stopped caring what everyone wore, especially goggles.

Nowadays, pretty much everything is built well. It's just that most of the stuff out there is butt ugly except for a few sets (notice I didn't't say "kits").
TeamGreen
11/2/2018 11:49am
Dragon rebuilt-relaunched their web-site without the Moto products. It's a simple mistake; however, it's a very "telling mistake" since it indicates how they're not thinking too much about Moto. They're suppose to re-add Moto by year's end...the the US site.

As others have said, they're owned by a HUGE optics company that's very into glasses/sun-glasses and the world of prescription lensed products.

I've inquired about the future of Moto at Dragon and they still have someone working on it...a person focused on maintaining a market presence in Moto.

Here's the Euro page for the new MXVs that I'm wearing/wore in the shootout: https://europe.dragonalliance.com/pages/mx-goggles

I've been wearing the MXV during development over the last 2 years. It's a great goggle for a damn good price.

I'm still a big fan of the NFX/NFXs for Baja and events where hi-speeds are involved. The level of eye protection that the NFX line provides is AMAZING.
milliebays
11/5/2018 3:30pm
dragon had more malfunctions per rider than anybody IIRC.

im sure hes realll upset

Post a reply to: JA no longer with Dragon

The Latest