760th
10/31/2018 9:42am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2018 3:30pm

|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/31/2018 9:48am
Maybe Matthes can get him set up with EKS brand! Laughing
I wonder if this means that Dragon is pulling back from moto, JA got a better offer from Oakley/another brand or Dragon got another rider for less money
Cygrace74
10/31/2018 9:52am
Dragon has announced they are withdrawing from moto. So expect the whole team to change
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/31/2018 9:56am
Cygrace74 wrote:
Dragon has announced they are withdrawing from moto. So expect the whole team to change
Ah. Haven't seen that yet.

The Shop

Xeno
10/31/2018 10:01am
Bummer indeed. I really like Dragon moto goggles.
RonJon
10/31/2018 10:14am
If i'm not mistaken Dragon is still part of Oakley a.k.a. luxotica.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/31/2018 10:33am
RonJon wrote:
If i'm not mistaken Dragon is still part of Oakley a.k.a. luxotica.
Dragon is a part of Marchon Eyewear, one of the few group competitors to Luxottica. So it's not under the same ownership.
Brent
10/31/2018 10:45am
What other pro rider wore Dragon? I only saw the product with Anderson?

Whatever brand Jason is wearing this year had to write a big check im sure, Who else besides Oakley can afford him?
10/31/2018 10:47am
Brent wrote:
What other pro rider wore Dragon? I only saw the product with Anderson? Whatever brand Jason is wearing this year had to write a big check...

Whatever brand Jason is wearing this year had to write a big check im sure, Who else besides Oakley can afford him?
I wish SPY had the dollars to pay him. Especially since their new goggle is legit.
10/31/2018 11:03am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2018 11:17am
Brent wrote:
What other pro rider wore Dragon? I only saw the product with Anderson? Whatever brand Jason is wearing this year had to write a big check...

The whole Rockstar Husqvarna team wore them with the exception of Osborne who was able to do his own deal and went with Oakley.

Edit: Just to clarify I believe Anderson's deal with Dragon was a personal deal but the 250 side had a team deal with them as well. I may be wrong on all this, though.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/31/2018 11:09am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2018 1:50pm
Brent wrote:

The whole Rockstar Husqvarna team wore them with the exception of Osborne who was able to do his own deal and went with Oakley. Edit: Just...
The whole Rockstar Husqvarna team wore them with the exception of Osborne who was able to do his own deal and went with Oakley.

Edit: Just to clarify I believe Anderson's deal with Dragon was a personal deal but the 250 side had a team deal with them as well. I may be wrong on all this, though.
When he signed his 450 deal, he gained the ability to sign all his own deals. He was able to go Oakley for his last 250 year but had to retain the Airoh helmet, for 2019 he will wear a Fly helmet as he signed his own deal with Fly for
gear and helmets, separate from the team contract.
KGAspeed
10/31/2018 11:18am
Bummer; I liked Dragon and wear them as well.
10/31/2018 11:19am
Are head to toe deals the reason that some companies just can't compete? Seems like everyone has to make everything or they don't last.
Rickyisms
10/31/2018 11:22am
Are head to toe deals the reason that some companies just can't compete? Seems like everyone has to make everything or they don't last.
I'm not sure on that, 100% and Oakley seem to be doing quite well.
Beeby
10/31/2018 11:28am
Where did 100% come from? They were unheard of back in the day and I am surprised they got such a strong place in the market that Oakley and co dominated...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/31/2018 11:39am
Beeby wrote:
Where did 100% come from? They were unheard of back in the day and I am surprised they got such a strong place in the market...
Where did 100% come from? They were unheard of back in the day and I am surprised they got such a strong place in the market that Oakley and co dominated...
Unheard of back in the day? I remember always seeing 100% stickers on bikes back in the 90's when I was a kid. They were my favorite sticker to put on my bikes back then.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/31/2018 11:41am
Really the only brand out there doing head to toe deals is Fox/Shift. Alpinestars is getting closer with helmets now, and I heard there might be a goggle in their future.

As for pro deals:

Fly likes to do helmet and gear deals when possible.

Thor does gear only these days.

O’Neal gear only...

Shot gear only...

Answer gear only...

Moose gear only...

Seven gear only...

TLD gear and helmet.

Just1 gear, goggles and helmets...but that’s Savatgy only for now.

Scott, 100%, Oakley, EKS Brand and a few smaller brands do goggle only deals.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/31/2018 11:43am
ML512 wrote:
Really the only brand out there doing head to toe deals is Fox/Shift. Alpinestars is getting closer with helmets now, and I heard there might be...
Really the only brand out there doing head to toe deals is Fox/Shift. Alpinestars is getting closer with helmets now, and I heard there might be a goggle in their future.

As for pro deals:

O’Neal gear only...

Shot gear only...

Answer gear only...

Moose gear only...

Seven gear only...

TLD gear and helmet.

Why did Thor stop the helmet deals?
mister2dt
10/31/2018 11:58am
ML512 wrote:
Really the only brand out there doing head to toe deals is Fox/Shift. Alpinestars is getting closer with helmets now, and I heard there might be...

As for pro deals:

O’Neal gear only...

Shot gear only...

Answer gear only...

Moose gear only...

Seven gear only...

TLD gear and helmet.

mattyhamz2 wrote:
I’d imagine it has a lot to do with the licensing deals with actual manufacturers. Several years ago it became mandatory for helmet manufacturers to provide $25mil in liability before any design production could begin. Several brands left the market, others stayed but stopped producing their own and licensed with bigger companies. Bell makes several lines. Some current helmets on the market are actually Bell designs they nixed, then sold to other brands.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/31/2018 12:00pm
ML512 wrote:

As for pro deals:

O’Neal gear only...

Shot gear only...

Answer gear only...

Moose gear only...

Seven gear only...

TLD gear and helmet.

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Their older Force is slowly making its way off the market but I’ve heard they’ve got something new in the works, I’d expect to see them back on pros with a new high end lid by 2020. Maybe later next year?
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
10/31/2018 1:08pm
What does Dragon make- Skinny jeans??
Moto96
10/31/2018 1:32pm
Beeby wrote:
Where did 100% come from? They were unheard of back in the day and I am surprised they got such a strong place in the market...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Unheard of back in the day? I remember always seeing 100% stickers on bikes back in the 90's when I was a kid. They were my...
Unheard of back in the day? I remember always seeing 100% stickers on bikes back in the 90's when I was a kid. They were my favorite sticker to put on my bikes back then.
80s you young whippersnapper.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/31/2018 1:34pm
Beeby wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Unheard of back in the day? I remember always seeing 100% stickers on bikes back in the 90's when I was a kid. They were my...
Moto96 wrote:
80s you young whippersnapper.
I knew they were around before that lol. Just going off of my experience Tongue
bama205
10/31/2018 1:48pm
Brent wrote:

The whole Rockstar Husqvarna team wore them with the exception of Osborne who was able to do his own deal and went with Oakley. Edit: Just...

ML512 wrote:
When he signed his 450 deal, he gained the ability to sign all his own deals. He was able to go Oakley for his last 250...
When he signed his 450 deal, he gained the ability to sign all his own deals. He was able to go Oakley for his last 250 year but had to retain the Airoh helmet, for 2019 he will wear a Fly helmet as he signed his own deal with Fly for
gear and helmets, separate from the team contract.
Which deal did they seal when that deal was made? Not sure on that whole deal.
Beeby
10/31/2018 2:06pm
Beeby wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Ok well perhaps I should clarify. I grew up in the UK and never heard of them. Perhaps they were a thing here in the US
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/31/2018 2:14pm
Beeby wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Beeby wrote:
Ok well perhaps I should clarify. I grew up in the UK and never heard of them. Perhaps they were a thing here in the US
That makes a little more sense then Tongue
twotwosix
10/31/2018 2:29pm
Beeby wrote:
Bevo and a couple others from Scott took the brand and helped turn it around if I'm not mistaken.
Brent
10/31/2018 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2018 2:55pm
Beeby wrote:
Ludo Boinnard & Marc Blanchard, the guys who founded and ran ONE Industries, bought the brand name from Drew Lien and resurrected it.
Spooner
10/31/2018 3:39pm
ML512 wrote:
Their older Force is slowly making its way off the market but I’ve heard they’ve got something new in the works, I’d expect to see them...
Their older Force is slowly making its way off the market but I’ve heard they’ve got something new in the works, I’d expect to see them back on pros with a new high end lid by 2020. Maybe later next year?
The Verge was the most current high end helmet but it went discontinued for the 19 season. I’d expect a new model next year.

As for not having many guys in the helmet recently it’s more due to guys getting a ton of money just for a helmet deal and it didn’t really add up to get them in the helmet too. I’d expect more Thor guys in the astars helmet in the future like AP is doing and as we get a more high end helmet on the market then getting guys back into that.

Post a reply to: JA no longer with Dragon

The Latest