Championship points going into Vegas.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2018 5:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2018 6:25 PM

450s: 14 points apart.
Anderson: 338, Musquin: 324. Both Baker athletes and training partners. Should be good!

250 West: 13 points apart.
Aaron Plessinger: 196, Adam Cianciarulo: 183

250 East: 15 points apart.
Zach Osborne: 180, Jordan Smith: 165.

Do we see any upsets? It's certainly possible. I think Vegas will be really fun to watch!

|

4/28/2018 5:35 PM

Tomac will make sure Marvin doesn't win or come closer to this title

|

4/28/2018 5:38 PM

Barring another crazy incident, 14 points is a ton and JA cruises on to the title.

Can't believe people are actually getting excited about this like it's a knock down drag out fight for the title now....

|

4/28/2018 5:40 PM

LungButter wrote:

Barring another crazy incident, 14 points is a ton and JA cruises on to the title.

Can't believe people are actually getting excited about this like it's a knock down drag out fight for the title now....

He made up 20 pts on Anderson today, and you think 14 is a ton? pinch

|

4/28/2018 5:40 PM

So JA needs an 8th?

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

4/28/2018 5:45 PM

BobPA wrote:

So JA needs an 8th?

I think 10th is musquin wins.

|

4/28/2018 5:49 PM

akmx17 wrote:

Or he might take out the points leaders front wheel in the first turn again!, w00t

|

4/28/2018 5:49 PM

LungButter wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

How many points has MM25 made up the previous 14 rounds?

Obviously not impossible, but it's certainly not a "title fight"....to play it up like it is just seems like creating drama that isn't there.

|

4/28/2018 5:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2018 5:51 PM

akmx17 wrote:

I think that's what he tried today, didn't work that great.

Man what a comeback it would be if Marv could pull this off, it's a long shot but he made up 20 points in that main so not impossible by no means.

|

4/28/2018 6:02 PM

akmx17 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

Man what a comeback it would be if Marv could pull this off, it's a long shot but he made up 20 points in that main so not impossible by no means.

When your focus is just to make sure the guy doesn't win a title bike can get wide on a start.

|

4/28/2018 6:03 PM

akmx17 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

I agree, especially if JA has to go in for a 5min wheel change again. laughing

|

4/28/2018 6:08 PM

Yup. Watching that race and Tomac’s frantic pace to catch Muscant was to do what he needed to to ruin any slim chance he has at the title.

|

4/28/2018 6:19 PM

Tomac can just get the ultimate revenge next week now that Musquin has a week of “imagining the posibilities” in front of him. If Ando didnt go down this weekend Musquin would have had 0 shot next weekend. Now he has a little more than 0 next weekend, enough for him to think about “what if” all week, so Tomac can really ruin it next week. Whether he will or not though that will be seen.

|

4/28/2018 6:34 PM

Wait, Is this the same Tomac that was going to destroy Marvin this weekend blah blah ? The only thing he did this weekend was have another brain fart and crash, nearly taking Bagget with him in the process.

|

4/28/2018 6:35 PM

chrisgg90 wrote:

Wait, Is this the same Tomac that was going to destroy Marvin this weekend blah blah ? The only thing he did this weekend was have another brain fart and crash, nearly taking Bagget with him in the process.

Yeap laughing laughing laughing

|

4/28/2018 6:42 PM

LungButter wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

LungButter wrote:

How many points has MM25 made up the previous 14 rounds?

Obviously not impossible, but it's certainly not a "title fight"....to play it up like it is just seems like creating drama that isn't there.

Sounds a lot like a chase format....

|

4/28/2018 6:46 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

Sounds a lot like a chase format....

How?

|

4/28/2018 7:11 PM

You would think at a professional level, they would have some type of setup on the bike to change a wheel faster than that. At least a front wheel.

|

4/28/2018 7:11 PM

akmx17 wrote:

Exactly

|

4/28/2018 7:20 PM

Anyone feel like Anderson was racing "not to lose"...sure looked like he pulled over for Tomac in the Heat race.

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior

4/28/2018 8:14 PM

Deal Brothers Trailers wrote:

Anyone feel like Anderson was racing "not to lose"...sure looked like he pulled over for Tomac in the Heat race.

Looked like Tomac pulled over too Anderson in the main

|

4/29/2018 1:56 AM

I bet Marv wishes he rolled around and got a 15th or so now instead of pulling out with a contusion to the shoulder.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/29/2018 2:12 AM

Crush wrote:

I bet Marv wishes he rolled around and got a 15th or so now instead of pulling out with a contusion to the shoulder.

Same thing happened in MX last year. Could have won the championship if he didn't pull off in one of those earlier races

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

4/29/2018 2:27 AM

There is no close title fight in any of the classes. But there is a possibility that we see an upset in one of the 250 classes since it is a combined race.

|

4/29/2018 2:55 AM

It's been one helluva an exciting season, I love this sport !!

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

4/29/2018 4:39 AM

ledger wrote:

I’ve gotta admit: last night’s result will make Las Vegas a bit more exciting.

Jason get’s 8th or better and it’s done.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

4/29/2018 5:03 AM

ledger wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

A 10th should do it Manny with the new points system this year and that's if MM25 wins.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

4/29/2018 5:13 AM

ledger wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

mx317 wrote:

A 10th should do it Manny with the new points system this year and that's if MM25 wins.

Was going to say the same thing.

10th = 13 pts which is good ebough regardless of what Marvin does.

Are they using this gay points format for outdoors? #bringbacktheoldpointsystem

Better solution is get rid of rider 21 and 22, give that payout to guys in the main and make it a 20 man main. The old point system was designed for 20 guys not 22.

|

4/29/2018 5:26 AM

I'm agreeing that Anderson needs 10th or better if Marvin wins.

Here's the math:
If Marvin were to win he'll have 350 points with 5 wins.
Anderson would have 4 wins, so 350 points wouldn't be enough. Musquin would win the tie with 5 wins to Anderson's 4.
Anderson would need at least 351 points, so a 10th or better will do it.

I'm hoping Anderson just goes out and races his heart out. It would be great to see him clinch the title with a win.

|

4/29/2018 5:46 AM

Barring a freak accident to Anderson or his bike, he wins it easily. Vegas being a proper track too I doubt Marvin will be in front of Tomac anyway, taking away max points

|