J mart Honda 450 contract

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2019 10:16 AM

Just a thought but pretty sure when jmart went to Honda he was signed to do 2 years in the 250 class then transition the the factory 450 ride.... now that sexton has that ride where does it leave him? I doubt he wants to spend much time in the 250 class as we all know he’s ready to ride a 450. Thought this was a signed contract deal?

|

10/22/2019 10:20 AM

Christopher Moore wrote:

Just a thought but pretty sure when jmart went to Honda he was signed to do 2 years in the 250 class then transition the the factory 450 ride.... now that sexton has that ride where does it leave him? I doubt he wants to spend much time in the 250 class as we all know he’s ready to ride a 450. Thought this was a signed contract deal?

Contracts and the details of those contracts we will never know. Honda probably had themselves covered hence them being able to run with Sexton.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

10/22/2019 10:21 AM

I was thinking that too and am guessing that without J Mart's injury he'd have rode 250 last year and moved up to the 450 this season, nut Sexton moving up allows Martin to transition back to racing on the 250 and if all goes well, O'd see Sexton out and Martin in to the 450 ride next year.

|

-Kyle Pesci
@killercustomz www.KCMX.net
#cheerprivateer

10/22/2019 10:32 AM

Killer Customz wrote:

I was thinking that too and am guessing that without J Mart's injury he'd have rode 250 last year and moved up to the 450 this season, nut Sexton moving up allows Martin to transition back to racing on the 250 and if all goes well, O'd see Sexton out and Martin in to the 450 ride next year.

I don't see Sexton out so easily... I think performance will be the key to Honda's decision.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

10/22/2019 10:39 AM

An interview I've read with JM had him refering to racing 250s next year, at least in SX. With a leaning towards the East series.

|

10/22/2019 11:52 AM

Maybe Honda will give Geico some support for a 450, and Martin will be the new Windham

|

10/22/2019 11:54 AM

The plan is for Jeremy to race 250 East Coast and 250 outdoor in 2020. One would have to think he and the team take advantage of his eligibility in the class as a way to get him back to his previous level.

He was very upbeat and eager in the podcast with swap and I yesterday, says he expects to be a front-runner and contend for a title.

|

10/22/2019 4:17 PM

Killer Customz wrote:

Why would you expect to see Sexton out? There's a reason they are moving him up to 450 outdoors already in 2020, and it's not because they expect to axe him after this coming year, imo

|

10/22/2019 4:23 PM

If Sexton does good if 250 again he will have no choice but to move up and honda doesn't want to miss and let him go so they gave him the 450 deal.

J Marts injury and Sexton winning the title kinda forced the hand for honda.

All this could change because of injury.

|

10/22/2019 4:26 PM

Unless Roczen is unable to recover from his issue and just quits, or Sexton just completely blows it next year, I think it is a safe assumption that the Factory Honda 450 SX team in 2021 will be Sexton and Roczen. After taking so much time off, does that reset the clock for Martin guaranteeing him at least 2 more years of 250 class eligibility? Either way, 250s is where Martin will be next year.

|

The AMA rules on pointing out of the 250 class is the reason for all this

|

yak651 wrote:

Why would you expect to see Sexton out? There's a reason they are moving him up to 450 outdoors already in 2020, and it's not because they expect to axe him after this coming year, imo

Yea Sexton is anything but out. That 2nd factory 450 spot is taken for a while. Honda gave Sexton what was basically a 3 1/2 year deal starting outdoors in 2020 through the end of 2023. They pulled that trigger fast.

|

10/22/2019 5:25 PM

If I were them, I’d have a blank check for Ferrandis come 2021. For real though makes me wonder who’s spot he’ll take under the Yamaha tent...?

|

10/22/2019 8:07 PM

davis224 wrote:

Maybe Honda will give Geico some support for a 450, and Martin will be the new Windham

This was actually what the plan and announcement was for him and the team back when they first signed him in late 2016.

https://racerxonline.com/2016/09/01/official-jeremy-martin-to-geico-honda

"More rumors confirmed: Jeremy Martin has now officially announced he has signed a two-year deal with GEICO Honda for the 2017 and 2018 seasons of Monster Energy Supercross and Lucas Oil Pro Motocross. The deal keeps Martin in the 250 class for 2017, but will move him to a Honda CRF450R full-time in 2018.

“I'm very excited to finally announce I've signed a two-year deal with the GEICO Honda team,” said Martin in a press release today. “They're a proven, championship winning team and I'm excited to reach a new level on the 250 next year and continue the relationship through the 2018 season as a rookie 450 rider.

|

10/22/2019 8:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2019 8:12 PM

davis224 wrote:

Gukamonster wrote:

This was actually what the plan and announcement was for him and the team back when they first signed him in late 2016.

https://racerxonline.com/2016/09/01/official-jeremy-martin-to-geico-honda

"More rumors confirmed: Jeremy Martin has now officially announced he has signed a two-year deal with GEICO Honda for the 2017 and 2018 seasons of Monster Energy Supercross and Lucas Oil Pro Motocross. The deal keeps Martin in the 250 class for 2017, but will move him to a Honda CRF450R full-time in 2018.

“I'm very excited to finally announce I've signed a two-year deal with the GEICO Honda team,” said Martin in a press release today. “They're a proven, championship winning team and I'm excited to reach a new level on the 250 next year and continue the relationship through the 2018 season as a rookie 450 rider.

That was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

I sure hope Jeremy gets a second chance at that plan.

|

10/22/2019 8:38 PM

Honda should trade Jeremy to Kawi for AC that way the two bromances (ET3/JM6 and KR94/AC9) can flourish.

|

10/23/2019 12:29 PM

I'm just stoked to see him back competing.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Empty a bag of skittles into the toilet and then flush. It's like watching a five second long nascar race.

10/23/2019 3:25 PM

Anton_514 wrote:

The plan is for Jeremy to race 250 East Coast and 250 outdoor in 2020. One would have to think he and the team take advantage of his eligibility in the class as a way to get him back to his previous level.

He was very upbeat and eager in the podcast with swap and I yesterday, says he expects to be a front-runner and contend for a title.

Jmart is in a tuff position will he be able to beat the Lawrence brothers? The team has a bevy of good riders coming up. There’s going to be a lot of shuffling for Jmart i think.

|

10/23/2019 6:10 PM

I'm sure he wanted to move up , but the injury could have changed that, and Money comes into play also meaning if your eligible to race the 250 and being paid well what difference does it make?
Get paid and move up later.
Thats My opinion

|

10/23/2019 6:23 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

I'm sure he wanted to move up , but the injury could have changed that, and Money comes into play also meaning if your eligible to race the 250 and being paid well what difference does it make?
Thats My opinion

Which is the age old problem isn't it. It pays more to be a 250 title contender than it does to be a 6-10th 450 guy. That's what kept Davalos and many others from moving up. I don't believe the age rule in the GPs is the answer but the point-out rule is fairly easy to abuse if you're not in the title hunt.

|

10/23/2019 6:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2019 6:32 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Thats My opinion

Shawn142 wrote:

Which is the age old problem isn't it. It pays more to be a 250 title contender than it does to be a 6-10th 450 guy. That's what kept Davalos and many others from moving up. I don't believe the age rule in the GPs is the answer but the point-out rule is fairly easy to abuse if you're not in the title hunt.

With Rules being what they are I would just wanna get paid.
Personally I would rather see the 250 class be turned into a full pro class with no pointing out and running the whole series, not east west, rather than setting an age limit.
I feel like there are guys that are just better on smaller bore bikes that never seem to adjust to 450's and imo they should have the option to stay down if they choose to and the top rookies coming into the class just have to try to beat those guys.

|