8/11/2021 10:32am
Seems like a good home for him.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/11/2021 10:38am
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
Year 8 in 250s?
Turned pro in 2012, and you go where you get paid.

In his case it happens to be the 250 class.
loftyair
8/11/2021 10:43am
Here we go again.
Premier class. Any bike you want.
Support class. Any bike you want.
Johnny Depp
8/11/2021 11:01am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2021 12:19pm
Storyline:

J-Mart wins opener.

J-Mart hurt, we are dumping him.

J-Mart back and wins, maybe we'll keep him.

J-Mart wins again, his price is going up and he holds out and the deal isn't done. Multiple offers incoming.

Star hurries to sign him again before he wins more and the price keeps going up and pays a big fat price and J-Mart gets his terms!

Happy Ending!
Zycki11
8/11/2021 11:03am
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
Year 8 in 250s?
-MAVERICK- wrote:

In this case, I wish they didn’t have a points rule. If you want a points rule make the up and comers ride regulated 250f’s and have the 250’s full tilt factory bikes.
mxb2
8/11/2021 11:12am
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
Year 8 in 250s?
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Bingo and anybody that disagrees should pay their boss when they come into work. Get paid or pay. Simple choice.
mb60
8/11/2021 11:59am
Hope the guy in Louisiana remembers my favorite charity.
8/11/2021 12:08pm
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
Year 8 in 250s?
-MAVERICK- wrote:

There is literally no one quicker with the token regurgitated, defensive answers than yourself. Like responding to the lightning before the thunder even booms. If you're a paid employee, I apologize.
Forty
8/11/2021 12:11pm
Good for Jeremy. Guys a ripper and a pro. Good to have guys like him on the track and healthy.
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
8/11/2021 12:21pm
JMart going to sell a lot of YZ250Fs in 22. Or rather Star Racing Yamaha will.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/11/2021 12:23pm
mxb2 wrote:
Bingo and anybody that disagrees should pay their boss when they come into work. Get paid or pay. Simple choice.
Don't get me wrong, it would be great to see JMart in the 450 class, but it's not hard to understand why he re-signed with the team to race a 250.

Make great money racing a 250 or spend a shit load of money to put together his own 450 program and maybe break even if he's lucky.

It seems like a lot of people forget that at that level it's their job, not their hobby.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
8/11/2021 12:26pm
He’s gotta get paid and has been injured plenty but I agree to a point of me being a selfish fan and want to see him on a 450 outdoors. The longer he’s in the 250 class the less impressive his wins become as every single one of his peers is in the 450 class. But you gotta get paid and winning 250 races pays well. Hopefully this SX season goes well so he can finally be in the class he belongs.
Brent
8/11/2021 12:29pm
It was his race at washougal that did this.

Pure grit and determination by Martin at that race, and he called Bobby Regan out on the podium for doubting him.

I hope He got a big fucking raise.

But now does he have to move to Florida too?
BobPA
8/11/2021 1:36pm
Leeham wrote:
JMart going to sell a lot of YZ250Fs in 22. Or rather Star Racing Yamaha will.
Pretty sure that bike sells itself.
COAL-TRAIN
8/11/2021 3:08pm
mxb2 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Don't get me wrong, it would be great to see JMart in the 450 class, but it's not hard to understand why he re-signed with the...
Don't get me wrong, it would be great to see JMart in the 450 class, but it's not hard to understand why he re-signed with the team to race a 250.

Make great money racing a 250 or spend a shit load of money to put together his own 450 program and maybe break even if he's lucky.

It seems like a lot of people forget that at that level it's their job, not their hobby.
I'm sure someone would give him a 450 ride but for less than hes making. He could proove himself and get a better deal though. The guy already has 2 outdoor championships. He shouldn't be on a 250, he's wasting his career and talent in that class at this point and he is running out of time. Its his choice, and the dropping out of racing supercross so he could spend another year in the kids class is weak.
DonM
8/11/2021 3:48pm
mxb2 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Don't get me wrong, it would be great to see JMart in the 450 class, but it's not hard to understand why he re-signed with the...

COAL-TRAIN wrote:
I'm sure someone would give him a 450 ride but for less than hes making. He could proove himself and get a better deal though. The...
I'm sure someone would give him a 450 ride but for less than hes making. He could proove himself and get a better deal though. The guy already has 2 outdoor championships. He shouldn't be on a 250, he's wasting his career and talent in that class at this point and he is running out of time. Its his choice, and the dropping out of racing supercross so he could spend another year in the kids class is weak.
So why would he take a cut in pay to go to a 450 team that would be less than competitive? I’m sorry you don’t approve of the economics of US SX/MX…i
COAL-TRAIN
8/11/2021 4:06pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

COAL-TRAIN wrote:
I'm sure someone would give him a 450 ride but for less than hes making. He could proove himself and get a better deal though. The...
DonM wrote:
So why would he take a cut in pay to go to a 450 team that would be less than competitive? I’m sorry you don’t approve...
So why would he take a cut in pay to go to a 450 team that would be less than competitive? I’m sorry you don’t approve of the economics of US SX/MX…i
Because he is a racer and capable in the Premier class and he prooved that at Daytona a couple years back. I would expect he would want to ride a 450 even if it meant a pay cut. Motocross may be there job, but money isn't what drives most of these guys like it does for us day to day normal job workers. I guess I'm just disappointed as Im a fan and wanted to see him race against the big dogs. It seems unlikely he will ever be on a 450 now and to me thats a huge bummer
davis224
Fantasy
165th
8/11/2021 5:04pm
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
DonM wrote:
So why would he take a cut in pay to go to a 450 team that would be less than competitive? I’m sorry you don’t approve...
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
Because he is a racer and capable in the Premier class and he prooved that at Daytona a couple years back. I would expect he would...
Because he is a racer and capable in the Premier class and he prooved that at Daytona a couple years back. I would expect he would want to ride a 450 even if it meant a pay cut. Motocross may be there job, but money isn't what drives most of these guys like it does for us day to day normal job workers. I guess I'm just disappointed as Im a fan and wanted to see him race against the big dogs. It seems unlikely he will ever be on a 450 now and to me thats a huge bummer
Yep, he proved it on a factory Honda. Why would he want to take a gigantic pay cut to go ride an inferior bike that puts him at a disadvantage in such a deep field? And take that pay cut if his career is nearing the end, as you say? Make as much as you can while you can. I'm bummed he's not on a 450 too, I think everyone is, but I get it.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
8/11/2021 6:25pm
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
DonM wrote:
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
Because he is a racer and capable in the Premier class and he prooved that at Daytona a couple years back. I would expect he would...
Yep my boss told me they were going to give me a promotion with more responsibility but had to cut my pay. I jumped at the chance to prove myself....Dry
APLMAN99
8/11/2021 7:40pm
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
Year 8 in 250s?
While that may be technically correct, it also is a great example of how meaningless things can be without any real context.

I don’t think that he’s intentionally ‘stayed down’ in the 250 class, really. But it sure has seemed that every time that he was on the brink of being in position to get real support to move up, he’s had near catastrophic events that have taken those opportunities away.

Hoping that 22 is a healthy year so he has his best opportunity to move up after that.
mxb2
8/11/2021 7:59pm
DonM wrote:
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Yep my boss told me they were going to give me a promotion with more responsibility but had to cut my pay. I jumped at the...
Yep my boss told me they were going to give me a promotion with more responsibility but had to cut my pay. I jumped at the chance to prove myself....Dry
Exactly. Lol, if it bothers people so much , pay him, and sponsor him.

Post a reply to: J-Mart Re-Signs with Star Racing Yamaha

The Latest