Izzi sx only...

Gym Briggs
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 8:59am
Just posted.. Looks like he is on his way out unless he has a big turn around!
|
mxb2
10/4/2010 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2010 7:24pm
He better ride as much as he can sx/mx, because his stock is slowly goin backwards, Dude has so much potential! Wait til he has too get a real job LOL!
Chris_ONeal
10/4/2010 7:26pm
Where did you see this at? Doesn't say anything on his facebook page about it. That sucks though. His stock went way way down this year. Proved at almost every national that is isn't close to being in shape.
RACEGUY
10/4/2010 7:31pm
Matthes tweeted about an hour ago...

"pulpmx Izzi going back to star on a sx only deal, some dude named audette going to join swanepeol, Cunningham and sipes there next year. "

The Shop

CR92
10/4/2010 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2010 9:46pm
450 outdoors maybe?
Chris_ONeal
10/4/2010 7:34pm
Gannon Audette is wicked fast! Izzi got lucky that he at least has any ride at all! Hopefully he gets his training program together and can get into the top 5.
mxb2
10/4/2010 7:36pm
RACEGUY wrote:
Matthes tweeted about an hour ago... "pulpmx Izzi going back to star on a sx only deal, some dude named audette going to join swanepeol, Cunningham...
Matthes tweeted about an hour ago...

"pulpmx Izzi going back to star on a sx only deal, some dude named audette going to join swanepeol, Cunningham and sipes there next year. "
LAME!, Izzi s resume is nt good enough to dictate a sx only contract! SX only contracts suck and if you are gonna dictate what series your gonna ride your resume better be good! IMO
Gym Briggs
10/4/2010 7:44pm
He is a great rider when he applies himself! Probably one of the most decorated amateur riders ever. Amateurs came really easy to him. He had a great sx season the year he broke his ankles. Kinda sucks. Hope he can turn it around!
powDIRT
10/4/2010 7:45pm
mxb2 wrote:
LAME!, Izzi s resume is nt good enough to dictate a sx only contract! SX only contracts suck and if you are gonna dictate what series...
LAME!, Izzi s resume is nt good enough to dictate a sx only contract! SX only contracts suck and if you are gonna dictate what series your gonna ride your resume better be good! IMO
I think that it's not Izzi that's lobbying for a SX only contract, I bet Star doesn't want to be on the hook for another disappointing outdoor season. I'm sure Nico will be looking for an outdoor ride come May.
Switch
10/4/2010 7:58pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2010 6:59am
rc4187
10/4/2010 8:12pm
While I think it's entirely up to the rider to choose how their career should go. At the same time I think history proves that supercross only is a very bad career choice. You get injured anaheim 1 and your year is done. Then you have nothing to show potential employers the following year. Stewart is now considered very beatable because of this, whereas before, the race was mentally for 2nd. I think it's especially stupid for a 250f rider.

Is N.Izzi going to the 450 class along with Stroupe and Canard this year?
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
10/4/2010 8:30pm
Let's just hope that Star allows him to look for another team to do outdoors with.
10/4/2010 9:54pm
disbanded wrote:
Let's just hope that Star allows him to look for another team to do outdoors with.
well maybe if he does well enough they will offer an outdoors contract but like was stated above so need to pay for both if he cant do well in the 1st series...
yithrive
10/4/2010 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 11:01am
Gym Briggs
10/4/2010 11:06pm
Matthes tweeted...

RMZ819
10/5/2010 3:14am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 3:15am
IZZI needed too get on a 450 last yr. With the top guys being hurt and the talent being piss poor he would of had some top 5's in that class.

Everyone would of been going ape shit over him like Regal and Metty if he could of raced that class.
10/5/2010 6:06am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 6:07am
Izzi suffered a pretty serious injure on both feet/ankles last year that kept him in a wheelchair and off his feet and a bike for 8 months (?) I think it’s the same foot/ankle injury Tim Ferry had that kept him off a bike and help end his racing career.

Izzi has been working hard with *Randy Lawrence and is making progress each week. It’s not easy riding back into shape while getting acclimated to a new bike after such a long lay-off. Working out all week to get back into shape than racing each weekend will burn a body out, but check his lap times at the last 5 nationals in timed practice; he was one of the 3 fastest guys on the track at a few.

He’s speed is there, no question and with Randy’s help his strength and endurance will come back.

*and if you know Randy (or read about him) it does not matter how much your paying him; if your not trying he does not want you around.

jmar
10/5/2010 6:17am
Maybe Star is only doing Supercross this year, and Yamaha is leaving the outdoors to Moto Concepts.

Budgets are tight, and I can assure you that if a team is running only one series, it's going to be the Supercross series.
redalert144
Fantasy
3087th
10/5/2010 7:41am
Sounds to me as a last chance ride, Star is giving themselves leeway just in case he has a year like last year. Then again if he does well pick him up for outdoors too, who knows.
10/5/2010 8:09am
i remember seeing his cool tough guy dad make fun of my mom when she went " ahhhh omg!" when witnessing a first turn pile up in the 85 class at lorettas one year.

sitting next to us was nico and his dad and they thought they were so damn cool because they were on factory rides and he insisted on making fun of my mom be a mother. ever since then i lost respect for the family.

good thing they sacrificed childhood and lived in there motorhome all winter in Georgia...
nytsmaC
10/5/2010 8:19am
They protested (and won) another racer who beat him fair and square at LL's because he had foam under his brake pedal.

Sounds like sportsmanlike isn't in the vocabulary in that family.

I wasn't surprised when I saw this thread.
downandup
10/5/2010 8:25am
Izzi's a douche and always will be. Only reason Star keeps him is because people are interested in him like they are Jason Lawrence. They either like him or hate him, there's no inbetween.
jasonv43
10/5/2010 8:31am
jmar wrote:
Maybe Star is only doing Supercross this year, and Yamaha is leaving the outdoors to Moto Concepts. Budgets are tight, and I can assure you that...
Maybe Star is only doing Supercross this year, and Yamaha is leaving the outdoors to Moto Concepts.

Budgets are tight, and I can assure you that if a team is running only one series, it's going to be the Supercross series.
That's what I'm thinking.
downandup
10/5/2010 8:33am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 8:34am
^^^^ nope, not even close....why would they hire the other guys then??? Those dudes wouldn't settle for sx only.
10/5/2010 9:38am
downandup wrote:
Izzi's a douche and always will be. Only reason Star keeps him is because people are interested in him like they are Jason Lawrence. They either...
Izzi's a douche and always will be. Only reason Star keeps him is because people are interested in him like they are Jason Lawrence. They either like him or hate him, there's no inbetween.
another jlaw but much quieter...
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
10/5/2010 9:46am
Izzi suffered a pretty serious injure on both feet/ankles last year that kept him in a wheelchair and off his feet and a bike for 8...
Izzi suffered a pretty serious injure on both feet/ankles last year that kept him in a wheelchair and off his feet and a bike for 8 months (?) I think it’s the same foot/ankle injury Tim Ferry had that kept him off a bike and help end his racing career.

Izzi has been working hard with *Randy Lawrence and is making progress each week. It’s not easy riding back into shape while getting acclimated to a new bike after such a long lay-off. Working out all week to get back into shape than racing each weekend will burn a body out, but check his lap times at the last 5 nationals in timed practice; he was one of the 3 fastest guys on the track at a few.

He’s speed is there, no question and with Randy’s help his strength and endurance will come back.

*and if you know Randy (or read about him) it does not matter how much your paying him; if your not trying he does not want you around.

He's a kid, last year was his first FULL year in the pros right? Before he broke his heel he was on the podium in SX races and competing for race wins. Why shouldn't he have a ride?

Once again, having talent is a bad thing to the die hard Vital fans. It's better to get 12th place if you don't have talent and work hard than 4th place if you have talent.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
10/5/2010 9:49am
jmar wrote:
Maybe Star is only doing Supercross this year, and Yamaha is leaving the outdoors to Moto Concepts. Budgets are tight, and I can assure you that...

jasonv43 wrote:
So Sipes left his gig with MotoConcepts to join Star racing for an 8 race regional SX only deal? That doesn't make sense.
toddh
10/5/2010 10:01am
jmar wrote:

jasonv43 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
So Sipes left his gig with MotoConcepts to join Star racing for an 8 race regional SX only deal? That doesn't make sense.
Star is racing the full series indoor and out.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/5/2010 10:12am
Time to put the brakes on a few things here.

Some of you have clicked into full off-season douchebag poster mode. Time for you to show a little more respect, and tone it down. Or, I can bust out my itchy trigger finger and fix the problem.

Star's not doing SX-only. (Where do you guys come up with this stuff?) They do like Nico and are trying to help him out.
10/5/2010 11:24am
He's coming off the same injury that put Tim Ferry into retirement. It's going to take a lot of time to get back in shape. An injury like is going to affect cardio in a big way. Most people with broken heels have a limp the rest of their life.

Post a reply to: Izzi sx only...

The Latest