Izzi interview

4/24/2019 7:11am
The odd thing about J-Law, Stroupe and Izzi is they all turned pro right at the same time around 2005. It seemed to almost be a...
The odd thing about J-Law, Stroupe and Izzi is they all turned pro right at the same time around 2005. It seemed to almost be a phase in the sport, or a bad element hanging around the pits somewhere.
Stroupe seems to be in a much better place these days. Props to him for overcoming and taking the steps to get on the right path.
Hank_Thrill
4/24/2019 7:16am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2019 7:22am
I rewatched two of these last night. I feel for Nico that he had to grow up in such an environment (along with any other rider, because I've often heard many stories similar to this). I also mean no disrespect to those who raised him, because they probably had nothing but good intentions for him.

It sounded like his father put too much of an expectation on him to win. When parents are overly focused on results, the message children often internalize is, "I am loved for what I do, not for who I am." This can cause self-esteem to fluctuate all over the place. This type of conditional love/acceptance also inhibits people from discovering who they really are as a person and forming a healthy self-identity; because the one that often gets created is an expectation of the parent(s). This may not seem like a big issue. However, considering how dependent children are on their parents, this pressure to be approved by a parental figure can mean life or death from a evolutionary survival standpoint. The way he was raised is not healthy, especially when love is withdrawn due to poor results, or somebody else riding better that day. I really hope he can get back on track with his life in the future.
4/24/2019 7:47am
This struggle is real and unfortunate group of circumstances led to Izzi's career ending. He should have been one of the greats. Certain outcomes destroyed this.

I hope this Nico can come back around and be an ambassador for this sport and create and environment that helps people that are living this nightmare and be able to put them on the right track one day. He of all people has lived and seen the sport for how it is first hand and despite what people on hear say. This kid was a beast.

Addiction is a huge part of a professional athlete and getting past certain injuries is one hell of a ride. Some can bounce back, but most never do.

Another thing for parents involved is too never make your kid feel alone or exclude them from having a social life. They need that in their structure...you telling them no will only push them away faster to explore what hasnt been experienced. This is the turmoil that Nico had to go through...
cbuehler767
4/24/2019 8:15am
The odd thing about J-Law, Stroupe and Izzi is they all turned pro right at the same time around 2005. It seemed to almost be a...
The odd thing about J-Law, Stroupe and Izzi is they all turned pro right at the same time around 2005. It seemed to almost be a phase in the sport, or a bad element hanging around the pits somewhere.
Not odd. 2005 was when the opiod epedemic started to gain steam. Oxy's were gaining popularity. Then they changed the pills around 2010 where you couldn't snort them and everyone switched to dope. Nothing to do with the sport shit is everywhere

The Shop

cbuehler767
4/24/2019 8:17am
I wonder how many of these guys have tried 12-step programs? NA saved my life
4/24/2019 8:43am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2019 9:26am
I think JA21 has a problem.
He's getting hurt on purpose was one of my thoughts. Sounds crazy I know, but who knows man. (I retract this statement)
This sport is insane.

4/24/2019 8:52am
I once got a physical after being Clean for 7 years, walked out with 240 10mg norcos, 60 30mg Adderall, and 60 2mg klonopin.

Doc went in the back and came out with the scripts..I looked at them and said holy shit, this is a problem. This country is fucked, and threw them away.

I DIDN'T EVEN ASK OR SAY THAT ANYTHING WAS WRONG.

Luckily I was smart enough to know already he was just some scumbag trying to keep me coming back every month to have write the refills.

There is a serious problem in this country.

I had no reason to ever get any of that medication, I was genuinely shocked.
toddh
4/24/2019 9:02am
I think JA21 has a problem. He's getting hurt on purpose was one of my thoughts. Sounds crazy I know, but who knows man. (I retract...
He's getting hurt on purpose was one of my thoughts. Sounds crazy I know, but who knows man. (I retract this statement)
This sport is insane.

You serious bro?
4/24/2019 9:04am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2019 9:07am
I think JA21 has a problem. He's getting hurt on purpose was one of my thoughts. Sounds crazy I know, but who knows man. (I retract...
This sport is insane.

toddh wrote:
You serious bro?
I take back getting hurt on purpose, that stupid.
I dont know who would actually take a digger for some pills... Thats pretty out there I ll admit im wrong
But Idk I feel like there is a good chance something maybe going on with him.

Outdoors will answer that.

And JA21 is my favorite rider too, maybe thats why i worry.

Were all one crash away from being possibly addicted...That's scary.

You really never know how someone is going to react to Pain Killers if they are not closely monitored.
FerCzD
4/24/2019 9:13am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2019 9:15am
This sport is insane.

toddh wrote:
You serious bro?
I take back getting hurt on purpose, that stupid. I dont know who would actually take a digger for some pills... Thats pretty out there I...
I dont know who would actually take a digger for some pills... Thats pretty out there I ll admit im wrong

You really never know how someone is going to react to Pain Killers if they are not closely monitored.
I do find similarities on JA21 with mexican professional boxer Julio Cesar Chavez, whom in an interview he confessed that the reason he became an addict was after he won the world title everything he ever dreamt about accomplishing (buying her mother a house, having money to support his family, etc) he had no more motivation or goals to set to himself because he already did it and with money he started to party and then the wreck train. Not saying that JA21 is on the same path but maybe already being a SX champ, even for 1 year he has finalized his business and is now just mailing it. As someone mentioned before outdoors will tell better
4/24/2019 9:25am
toddh wrote:
You serious bro?
I take back getting hurt on purpose, that stupid. I dont know who would actually take a digger for some pills... Thats pretty out there I...

FerCzD wrote:
I do find similarities on JA21 with mexican professional boxer Julio Cesar Chavez, whom in an interview he confessed that the reason he became an addict...
I do find similarities on JA21 with mexican professional boxer Julio Cesar Chavez, whom in an interview he confessed that the reason he became an addict was after he won the world title everything he ever dreamt about accomplishing (buying her mother a house, having money to support his family, etc) he had no more motivation or goals to set to himself because he already did it and with money he started to party and then the wreck train. Not saying that JA21 is on the same path but maybe already being a SX champ, even for 1 year he has finalized his business and is now just mailing it. As someone mentioned before outdoors will tell better
My train of thought is along those lines...TBH I will be shocked to see him win another championship and I would guess he maybe has had those thoughts especially after his performances before his latest injury.

His 420 IG post didnt add to my confidence that's for sure and we know he left BakerLand to enjoy his so-cal life and that's why he's my favorite because he isnt the polished corporate mold but also makes me worried after almost back to back injuries.

mb60
4/24/2019 9:44am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2019 9:44am
526 wrote:
Is J Law an Addict? He seem to leave the sport on his own terms, just because he has a talent he chooses not to use...
Is J Law an Addict? He seem to leave the sport on his own terms, just because he has a talent he chooses not to use doesn't make him a bad person.
The last time I saw a video of J Law he looked like he was in a bad spot. Personally I would never known what to look for if a ex g/f of mine had not became a addict.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/24/2019 9:49am
This sport is insane.

The sport’s insane? Apparently so are a few of the people who post on this forum.

Post a reply to: Izzi interview

The Latest