Izzi interview

RexEasely
3/7/2019 8:47pm
if I was the girls family I would be pissed with this pod claiming he is a good guy and it was all the addiction.
Melissarc
4/13/2019 4:59pm
RexEasely wrote:
if I was the girls family I would be pissed with this pod claiming he is a good guy and it was all the addiction.
I am the girls family, and he is a good guy, that fell into addiction, both of them did. They are a power couple when sober and on top. They had a really really tough year, and tried their best to keep it together but someone can only take so much. Nico had a target on his back from the girls father, and ex husband. None of which he deserved. He was the innocent bystander in the situation. She tried to protect him as much as she possibly could. But eventually one fell then the other one fell. These are two really good people. Under the influence we do shit like this. For those of you idiots on here that don’t understand addiction, ignorance is bliss, educate yourself please!! She’s gotten help and Nico sounds really good, and is responding to the situation as everyone wanted him to. He’s not giving up and he’s still pushing through. He never gives up that’s the important peice here. It’s easy for you, who don’t understand addiction to sit behind the computer screen and be a troll. Wait till you watch someone you love sucomb to addiction, or god forbit you become an addict. Maybe you already are, the ones in denial are always the first ones to cast stones so they don’t have to look in the mirror and deal with their own issues. I am very proud of Nico, as are so many others.
boybuc
4/13/2019 5:20pm
Because of the Entitlement World we live in now everybody is Perfect
ktmdan
4/13/2019 5:47pm
I had a surgeon prescribe me, at 16 years old, 400 oxycodone after femur surgery. Most of them went through my nose a couple years later when I found them in my parents' med cabinet. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has gone through this. To those saying that you have to want to get off the shit don't understand. You don't have a say in it. The mosh pit of chemicals in your brain calls all the shots at a certain point and you're just along for the ride. I'm pretty successful these days and I am very grateful for that. If not for my parents I would be another Nico.

The Shop

crowe176
4/13/2019 5:52pm
ktmdan wrote:
I had a surgeon prescribe me, at 16 years old, 400 oxycodone after femur surgery. Most of them went through my nose a couple years later...
I had a surgeon prescribe me, at 16 years old, 400 oxycodone after femur surgery. Most of them went through my nose a couple years later when I found them in my parents' med cabinet. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has gone through this. To those saying that you have to want to get off the shit don't understand. You don't have a say in it. The mosh pit of chemicals in your brain calls all the shots at a certain point and you're just along for the ride. I'm pretty successful these days and I am very grateful for that. If not for my parents I would be another Nico.
Jesus Christ. That dr should be in jail
ktmdan
4/13/2019 6:08pm
ktmdan wrote:
I had a surgeon prescribe me, at 16 years old, 400 oxycodone after femur surgery. Most of them went through my nose a couple years later...
crowe176 wrote:
He probably would be these days, but 2006 was a different time. I don't blame him for my problems but yeah, that was incredibly irresponsible.
Natester551v
4/13/2019 7:48pm
Moto520 wrote:
I dont want to spend an hour typing but i’m sympathet To Nico and believe that addiction is not a choice. It just reaches out and...
I dont want to spend an hour typing but i’m sympathet To Nico and believe that addiction is not a choice. It just reaches out and grabs you. We will see Nico around again. For what its worth.....izzi was racing at a track in Illinois about 2 years ago and pitted next to me. The guy just wanted to ride just like me. Hopefully he will be back as a moto enthusiast. Nice enough guy......

Some of you need to shut your fraking cake holes and see things from other perspectives besides your own. His mom literally called out this site and our bullshit as being hurtful to her. For that.....i’m sorry that she saw that.
Once addiction takes hold it is no longer a choice. But I think you're sorta skimming over the part where someone chooses to start in the first place. But that's just me.
wildbill
4/13/2019 8:09pm
ktmdan wrote:
crowe176 wrote:
Or, be my doctor.
RexEasely
4/13/2019 9:27pm
RexEasely wrote:
Melissarc wrote:
I am the girls family, and he is a good guy, that fell into addiction, both of them did. They are a power couple when sober...
I am the girls family, and he is a good guy, that fell into addiction, both of them did. They are a power couple when sober and on top. They had a really really tough year, and tried their best to keep it together but someone can only take so much. Nico had a target on his back from the girls father, and ex husband. None of which he deserved. He was the innocent bystander in the situation. She tried to protect him as much as she possibly could. But eventually one fell then the other one fell. These are two really good people. Under the influence we do shit like this. For those of you idiots on here that don’t understand addiction, ignorance is bliss, educate yourself please!! She’s gotten help and Nico sounds really good, and is responding to the situation as everyone wanted him to. He’s not giving up and he’s still pushing through. He never gives up that’s the important peice here. It’s easy for you, who don’t understand addiction to sit behind the computer screen and be a troll. Wait till you watch someone you love sucomb to addiction, or god forbit you become an addict. Maybe you already are, the ones in denial are always the first ones to cast stones so they don’t have to look in the mirror and deal with their own issues. I am very proud of Nico, as are so many others.
why is he in prison? Do you know how long his sentence will be? Seems like an unfortunate situation for all involved
4/14/2019 7:23am
The Nico Izzi story is just sad. It's even more sad how people just take the self-righteous approach and look down at Izzi from their high horses. His situation is more than I fully understand, but it's TOTALLY possible that he's a good guy that became a victim of his circumstances. Drugs, alcohol, and addiction could swallow people alive, and turn a life completely upside down. I feel Izzi is one of those situations. I pray that he could get to the point where he could eventually clean things up, and live at least somewhat of a normal live.
oldblood
4/14/2019 7:30am
RexEasely wrote:
Melissarc wrote:
I am the girls family, and he is a good guy, that fell into addiction, both of them did. They are a power couple when sober...
RexEasely wrote:
why is he in prison? Do you know how long his sentence will be? Seems like an unfortunate situation for all involved
Why don't you just listen to the podcast.
BobPA
4/14/2019 7:33am
KingsCourt wrote:
The Nico Izzi story is just sad. It's even more sad how people just take the self-righteous approach and look down at Izzi from their high...
The Nico Izzi story is just sad. It's even more sad how people just take the self-righteous approach and look down at Izzi from their high horses. His situation is more than I fully understand, but it's TOTALLY possible that he's a good guy that became a victim of his circumstances. Drugs, alcohol, and addiction could swallow people alive, and turn a life completely upside down. I feel Izzi is one of those situations. I pray that he could get to the point where he could eventually clean things up, and live at least somewhat of a normal live.
I have family that still struggle with addiction. An addict will stay an addict if people like you keep claiming they are the victim. He’s a grown man, he made his own bed. He lied, cheated, and stole from honest hard working people. He used his status as a professional to swindle innocent moto fans out of money. He never owned up to it, and as far as I know, never made it right.

I hope he can right the ship, he is old enough now to know what he needs to do to become a better person. But, judging by that interview, not much is going to change.
RexEasely
4/14/2019 8:54am
Melissarc wrote:
RexEasely wrote:
oldblood wrote:
Why don't you just listen to the podcast.
Unfortunately I did. Sounded like he stole her truck beat her up and left her by the side of the road to die. Not sure if this is the truth but he is in prison for a crime of some sort. Not a slap on the hand with a fine but locked up.
oldblood
4/14/2019 9:41am
RexEasely wrote:
Trolling is a art
GrayB163
4/23/2019 2:46pm
.kyle wrote:
It seems like people care about train wreck Izzi yet it's forbidden to talk about JLaw. Strange place this one.
fuck that i want jlaw to preside over my funeral. better not be forbidden
Rickyisms
4/23/2019 4:58pm
TXDirt wrote:
I have a brother who’s a drug addict. Multiple DUIs. Steals from family members. Has spent most of his adult life in and out of jail...
I have a brother who’s a drug addict. Multiple DUIs. Steals from family members. Has spent most of his adult life in and out of jail.

I stopped critizing him and ragging on him.

The best thing I can do is to pray for him and when I see him at family functions I pray with him.
My brother is finally getting clean off coke after a couple years, started smoking pot in high school, escalated to synthetic marijuana, then to whatever he could get his hands on. After going to the homecoming football game on a Friday night I was doing some bike work in the garage when my dad and step mom quickly rushed out of the house and didnt give me any details on what they were doing. I couldn't get ahold of anyone so I knew something was up. I was greeted with a call from my mom who was with my family in the emergency room, She was crying barely being able to talk telling me he was in a medically induced coma from ODing the night before. She handed the phone to my dad and i've never heard him speak like how he did, I've never seen him cry or anything but I could hear the sadness in his voice. Fortunately my brother was able to survive, He for sure used one of his nine lives and I still to this day months later believe it was frankly a miracle. About 6 months later now he is working for my oldest brothers company, has a super sweet girlfriend, a stable household with some of his friends, and a stable household with some good friends. He's off the hard drugs, but still uses marijuana to help him with his mental problems. I'm not complaining about that because I've never seen him better than he is now.
Rickyisms
4/23/2019 6:59pm
I appreciate the kind words. He sure did have luck on his side.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
4/23/2019 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 7:17pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Glad to hear he's in what sounds like a good place in his life. My childhood best friend has spent close to 20 yrs in and out of jail for being an addict. Missed both his kids grow up, lost all he had..... Was released last spring, and I saw him for the first time in 14 years, I just hugged his neck! He looked healthy, happy, and was hoping for the best. 6 months later, busted on a meth charge in a traffic stop....Gone. It hurts, but he just cannot shake that shit for anything.
Once again, I'm glad your brother is in a great place.....After reading your story, I'm certain that he has an awesome family behind him! God Bless
oldblood
4/23/2019 7:32pm
For my friend, he was more like what Colin described(need to listen to the whole podcast). If he got near any party situation, eventually he would fall. If he picked up "that one drink", or pipe or whatever. RIP my friend I miss you every day.
Mxracer6y
4/23/2019 7:38pm
I don't blame them. For something that seems as simple as "wishing someone well" the fact of the matter is... it isn't. We place roles on...
I don't blame them.

For something that seems as simple as "wishing someone well" the fact of the matter is... it isn't.

We place roles on athletes; highlighting the best to teach our kids, IE. "strive to be like Dungey". But the other side of that coin is, "DON'T BE LIKE NICO". And at this point, with his endless list of fuck ups, Nico doesn't just represent Nico anymore... he represents all of the drug addicted alcoholic disappointing drop out didn't live up to their potential fuck ups in our lives and everyone, and I mean everyone, has direct experience with one of those fuck ups. Point in case, my sibling is an on and off again drug addict (kicks it, goes back, kicks it, goes back, etc.) and it's impossible for me to see another "Izzi got in trouble again" headline and not displace my frustration with my sibling on Izzi knowing the pain he has caused those around him much like my sibling has to their spouse, their kid, their siblings, our dad, mom, etc.

Now take the weight of being a representative of all the fuck ups in our lives and combine that with a guy who had more talent in his big toe than 99% of the rest of us and it brings in the "dude fucked up and threw everything away... fucking idiot" crowd. Those are the people that annoy me. You don't think Nico realizes how badly he fucked up? He literally went from the top of the top to the absolute fucking bottom. I can't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to battle drug addiction, of which the purpose is to get clean enough so you can realize you threw away more than most everyone will ever have. And if he doesn't realize how badly he fucked up – then his brain is clearly broken beyond repair; who shits on a dude with brain damage? Aside from a slight blip in the positive affirmation that "thank god I'm not as big as a fuck up as Nico" what do people actually gain from shitting on a guy like that via the internet? Aside from the fact that it's easier for me to call Nico a "fuck up" or an "idiot" than it is my sibling... I can't think of a single thing.

Nico is a fuck up, Jlaw was a fuck up, we all have friends that are fuck ups, we're all related to fuck ups... but at the end of the day they're our fuck ups.
Except jlaw essentially did it to himself because of his attitude. he was just a punk asshole...

With izzi... or even austin stroupe is a better example.... its different..... you think those guys grew up thinking "Gee, i really wanna be a drug addict when i grow up!!!" You think they were lying in bed one day thinking "fuck winning a pro motocross championship, im going to become a drug addict and completely ruin my life instead! that sounds much better!"

I dont know much about izzi's story.... but austin was never a bad kid, i dont think anyone could say anything bad about the kid if they wanted too..... The fact that he had the world by the balls... was one of "the guys" coming up... he was expected to be great.... So from going from that point.... to essentially a homeless heroin addict, getting arrested for petty theft.... i cant help but feel bad for the guy. I don't blame him. He obviously didn't chose this life for himself, and clearly didn't think it would end up the way it did..... and he only ended up that way after an injury.

I don't know why its so easy for people to forget who people were BEFORE the drugs...
Sierra Ranger
4/23/2019 11:23pm
The odd thing about J-Law, Stroupe and Izzi is they all turned pro right at the same time around 2005. It seemed to almost be a phase in the sport, or a bad element hanging around the pits somewhere.
oldblood
4/23/2019 11:46pm
The odd thing about J-Law, Stroupe and Izzi is they all turned pro right at the same time around 2005. It seemed to almost be a...
The odd thing about J-Law, Stroupe and Izzi is they all turned pro right at the same time around 2005. It seemed to almost be a phase in the sport, or a bad element hanging around the pits somewhere.
His mom mentioned that.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
4/24/2019 12:30am
I don't wanna excuse Nico's actions but the root of the problem to me seems in the enviroment of the "industry". Take homeschooled 17 yo kid with almost 0 social skills, hundret thousands of dollars and dozens of amateur titles and throw him in the paddock where everyone tells him his parents are dumb nazis, he is #1 and the next big thing while they secretly try to use them and profit from them, because at the end of the day noone in the paddock does anything for free.

Yeah you will ocasionally have your Carmichaels and Villopotos but i will still root for the Braytons of this sport.

I am hoping that Nico will be able to get his poop together and achieve something good in this sport. Probably not as a rider anymore but it is not the end of the world.
4/24/2019 4:51am
The odd thing about J-Law, Stroupe and Izzi is they all turned pro right at the same time around 2005. It seemed to almost be a...
Is J Law an Addict? He seem to leave the sport on his own terms, just because he has a talent he chooses not to use doesn't make him a bad person.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
4/24/2019 4:53am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2019 4:54am
Same time period that produced the likes of Dungey, Canard, Villopoto, Hahn, Osborne, Tickle, Chisholm, etc.
Rickyisms
4/24/2019 5:14am
Rickyisms wrote:
dadofagun wrote:
Glad to hear he's in what sounds like a good place in his life. My childhood best friend has spent close to 20 yrs in and...
Glad to hear he's in what sounds like a good place in his life. My childhood best friend has spent close to 20 yrs in and out of jail for being an addict. Missed both his kids grow up, lost all he had..... Was released last spring, and I saw him for the first time in 14 years, I just hugged his neck! He looked healthy, happy, and was hoping for the best. 6 months later, busted on a meth charge in a traffic stop....Gone. It hurts, but he just cannot shake that shit for anything.
Once again, I'm glad your brother is in a great place.....After reading your story, I'm certain that he has an awesome family behind him! God Bless
Thank you, I hope your friend may find a way out of the dark place he is in. When he is released again just try to be there for him and give him something to look forward to other than a rush for a drug.
Camp332
4/24/2019 6:39am
Good vibes, and prayers to anyone who struggles with addiction. It is brutal to the family/friends of the addict. The thoughts that go through the addicts head each and everyday while caught in the grip are most likely very dark, and morbid/suicidal, because they don't want to live that way anymore. Anyone who casts ignorant judgement should stop, and learn more.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/24/2019 6:46am
Titan1 wrote:
Thanks for the psychoanalyses.
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/arresteddevelopment/images/e/e3/3x03_Forget-Me-Now_%2812%29.png[/img] ([i]sorry for the long post... my sibling has been royally fucking up the last few weeks and apparently I just needed to vent[/i])

(sorry for the long post... my sibling has been royally fucking up the last few weeks and apparently I just needed to vent)
Your sibling sounds exactly like my 40 year old son. Venting is good for you (and me)
Best of luck to your sibling and family

Post a reply to: Izzi interview

The Latest