Izzi and his new Star Racing Yamaha.

Bronson905
Fantasy
536th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:47am
|
JOHN CHOATE
10/1/2009 6:20pm
Sounds like he thinks Suzuki took a crap on him after he got hurt.
mxcrf34
10/1/2009 6:25pm
Yea it does. I find it really weird that DeCoster didn't even call him while he was in the hospital.
JOHN CHOATE
10/1/2009 6:41pm
mxcrf34 wrote:
Yea it does. I find it really weird that DeCoster didn't even call him while he was in the hospital.
I agree. I was lucky enough to get a tour of American Honda by him awhile back and he was a very cool guy indeed. He didn't even seem to mind that I kept asking him to repeat himself as I was having a little trouble understanding some of the things he was saying. Yep, I'm surprised by Izzi's statements.
Rasta88
10/1/2009 6:41pm
Izzi has always thought he shit don't stink.

The Shop

JOHN CHOATE
10/1/2009 6:44pm
I was wondering, in Suzuki's eyes, if he might have been on the way "out" already. I know nothing about Izzi's personality, though.
Lightning78
10/1/2009 7:22pm
Yea thats kind of janky Roger didn't even check up on him ....like he said he understands Dungey had all the focus but not even a call to see how your rider is doing? Roger may be "The Man" but that wasn't a very respectful thing to do to one of your riders. Weather he was out or not he should've called to see how he was doing I mean 2 compound fractured heels is no joke I shattered one and it was one of the most painful injuries i've ever had
KAWboy14
10/1/2009 7:30pm
"Even the next day after Jacksonville: nothing. I had to call Roger and say, “Hey, how’s it going? I am actually laying in the hospital right now, did you know that?” And he said, “Oh, yeah. How is everything going?” And I just said, “Oh, it’s going great! Thanks!”

doesnt seem like it was long when izzi called decoster, 2 days?
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
10/1/2009 7:39pm
probably already been covered on another thread but im a noob

Whats Izzis Number in OHTEN?
Lightning78
10/1/2009 7:42pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
[b]"Even the next day after Jacksonville: nothing. I had to call Roger and say, “Hey, how’s it going? I am actually laying in the hospital right...
"Even the next day after Jacksonville: nothing. I had to call Roger and say, “Hey, how’s it going? I am actually laying in the hospital right now, did you know that?” And he said, “Oh, yeah. How is everything going?” And I just said, “Oh, it’s going great! Thanks!”

2 days is an eternity when you're in a hospital with such a bad injury.....plus the food SUCKS! You'd think RD would've called to see how he was doing the day he went or even the next day....2 days later Izzi had to call RD? ...wow
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
10/1/2009 7:52pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
[b]"Even the next day after Jacksonville: nothing. I had to call Roger and say, “Hey, how’s it going? I am actually laying in the hospital right...

2 days is an eternity when you're in a hospital with such a bad injury.....plus the food SUCKS! You'd think RD would've called to see how...
2 days is an eternity when you're in a hospital with such a bad injury.....plus the food SUCKS! You'd think RD would've called to see how he was doing the day he went or even the next day....2 days later Izzi had to call RD? ...wow
I think both RD's shoulda called him and maybe Reed, i dono how the team works but i mean its just like courtesy
Sonny
10/1/2009 8:11pm
I had a girlfriend one time who started to gain a lot of weight, so I started to forget the daily phone call. She said the same thing that Izzi is saying about Decoster.
Roger could have saved himself alot of headaches if he only said. " Look it's not the same anymore. I have this skinny guy named Chad now and he's making me real happy. Ryan is still in the picture also."
Lightning78
10/1/2009 8:23pm
Zacka 161 wrote:
I think both RD's shoulda called him and maybe Reed, i dono how the team works but i mean its just like courtesy
Exactly! ....unless he rubbed everyone the wrong way and was a dick ....I guess we'll just have to hear from the other half to get both sides.
Drfletcher
10/1/2009 8:43pm
Davalos, Izzi and Stroupe on the same team sounds like there will be a lot of blue on the podium this year.
BobbyM
10/1/2009 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2009 9:32pm
KAWboy14 wrote:

2 days is an eternity when you're in a hospital with such a bad injury.....plus the food SUCKS! You'd think RD would've called to see how...
hopefully he got a little from the head nurse down there just to make up for such boorish treatment he experienced. Smile
MeanGreen
10/1/2009 9:44pm
Drfletcher wrote:
Davalos, Izzi and Stroupe on the same team sounds like there will be a lot of blue on the podium this year.
Davalos is somewhat of a surprise to me, seems there are a few better riders available.
f4ctry
10/2/2009 5:51am
Davalos has peaked...with lack of rides he didnt seem to obvious to me
rangot
10/2/2009 6:22am
Drfletcher wrote:
I just hope Star Racing will have enough spare parts to keep the bikes running...
-eagle-
10/2/2009 6:29am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:28am
Stroupe & Izzy on the same team. Should be interesting.
redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
10/2/2009 8:05am
Lemoine or durham or both would be far better picks than davalos. What is this his 6th year in the lites class? At what point do team managers realize a rider had peaked?
P
10/2/2009 8:40am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:28am
I'm not really and "Izzi fan" or anything, but I think he will do well next year.

P
Nikhil
10/2/2009 8:48am
Lemoine or durham or both would be far better picks than davalos. What is this his 6th year in the lites class? At what point do...
Lemoine or durham or both would be far better picks than davalos. What is this his 6th year in the lites class? At what point do team managers realize a rider had peaked?
I don't think he's peaked, he's just been held back by injuries.
ns503
10/2/2009 9:11am
Drfletcher wrote:
Are we sure about Stroupe?
Killer Customz
10/2/2009 9:27am
Rasta88 wrote:
First off it would be "Izzi has always thought HIS shit don't stink." Second, have you ever met Izzi? The kid works his a** off! He moved to California to be a part of Suzuki and left behind everything. I know a lot about the kid and he has always been a part of Killer Customz. I've watched him be amazing with his fans and local tracks. He's not a big bling kinda kid who runs his mouth. He is more of a shut up and get the job done kinda guy. Don't run your mouth about something yu know nothing about.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/2/2009 9:48am
Rasta88 wrote:
First off it would be "Izzi has always thought HIS shit don't stink." Second, have you ever met Izzi? The kid works his a** off! He...
First off it would be "Izzi has always thought HIS shit don't stink." Second, have you ever met Izzi? The kid works his a** off! He moved to California to be a part of Suzuki and left behind everything. I know a lot about the kid and he has always been a part of Killer Customz. I've watched him be amazing with his fans and local tracks. He's not a big bling kinda kid who runs his mouth. He is more of a shut up and get the job done kinda guy. Don't run your mouth about something yu know nothing about.
Exactly! Nico is one of the hardest working guys i've seen. I remember about three years ago I was at elsinore one day and it was just pouring. It was so wet you could hardly walk around without falling. I was watching and waiting for the rain to stop and i saw Nico still busting in motos. He was the only guy on the track. His bike was so muddy every time he landed it nearly rolled the fenders Laughing
PitchMan
10/2/2009 10:28am
Who you calling fat?

I am just excited to see everyone putting programs together. We need them all!
swizcore
10/2/2009 10:33am
Rasta88 wrote:
First off it would be "Izzi has always thought HIS shit don't stink." Second, have you ever met Izzi? The kid works his a** off! He...
Well coming from a guy named "Rasta" it should have read:
"Izzi alwayz taught iz sheet dont stink mon."
Then its legit.
swizcore
10/2/2009 10:35am
ML512 wrote:
Exactly! Nico is one of the hardest working guys i've seen. I remember about three years ago I was at elsinore one day and it was...
Exactly! Nico is one of the hardest working guys i've seen. I remember about three years ago I was at elsinore one day and it was just pouring. It was so wet you could hardly walk around without falling. I was watching and waiting for the rain to stop and i saw Nico still busting in motos. He was the only guy on the track. His bike was so muddy every time he landed it nearly rolled the fenders Laughing
Thats cause he's from Michigan, we moto down when the rains are fallin.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/2/2009 10:40am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2009 10:41am
ML512 wrote:
Exactly! Nico is one of the hardest working guys i've seen. I remember about three years ago I was at elsinore one day and it was...
swizcore wrote:
i tried but busted my a$$. It really impressed me cause riding elsinore normally is like riding on ice, elsinore+raining=imposssible to make one section without being on your, upside down, under the bike, ect... He was just going nuts, bunch of people sitting in the tower watching.
swizcore
10/2/2009 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:29am
ML512 wrote:
swizcore wrote:
ML512 wrote:
i tried but busted my a$$. It really impressed me cause riding elsinore normally is like riding on ice, elsinore+raining=imposssible to make one section without being...
i tried but busted my a$$. It really impressed me cause riding elsinore normally is like riding on ice, elsinore+raining=imposssible to make one section without being on your, upside down, under the bike, ect... He was just going nuts, bunch of people sitting in the tower watching.
Check this mudder from about 1998 at Log Road MX in Michigan.
Its C class of course Smile

Post a reply to: Izzi and his new Star Racing Yamaha.

The Latest