Izzi

Ddavis
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:48pm
Crashed early and looked to be pretty far back, came back for 11th I believe. Great ride, I think Rockstar Suzuki should pick him up for next season. He's always been good on Suzukis.
|
Taylor156
6/25/2011 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2011 2:25pm
If they have a team what is up with the results ?
MT MX
6/25/2011 2:31pm
Ddavis wrote:
Crashed early and looked to be pretty far back, came back for 11th I believe. Great ride, I think Rockstar Suzuki should pick him up for...
Crashed early and looked to be pretty far back, came back for 11th I believe. Great ride, I think Rockstar Suzuki should pick him up for next season. He's always been good on Suzukis.
x2
The guy needs a break. I think Eleven 10 and Sanner could make him a bike that could win though. He just needs some luck, just like Davalos does also. Tough break for both.
Taylor156
6/25/2011 2:31pm
Nice avater tommy weeks ?

DD will be a first pic and heard already talking to the rockstar team
Izzi and Suzuki City would be cool since lawrence is MIA
Jakes Dad
6/25/2011 3:00pm
Loved his move on Renner start of Moto 1.Sad

The Shop

spd721
6/25/2011 3:15pm
Matthes said on last week's pulpmx show that rumor has it that Izzi is cheating.
MotoGUY
6/25/2011 10:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2011 10:54pm
spd721 wrote:
Matthes said on last week's pulpmx show that rumor has it that Izzi is cheating.
I would love to know who started the rumor better yet I would love for matthes to come to our race shop and tear down one of our motors. I am giving him a complete invite to come to our shop in ohio and tear a motor down. If he has enough sources to put us on blast on his show he should be more than happy to come to our race shop and make the big bust of the year. Its funny that a privateer team that is having better qualifying times and results than PC Geico and the other factory lites teams automatically is running a big bore. Just to let everyone know we get a huge kick out of it. We love the recognition that our motors are so fast there is no way they are legal.
Hanaa80
6/26/2011 1:45am
I'm pretty sure Matthes also said the rumour was ridiculous. But then again - why even mention it then?
Shawn142
6/26/2011 3:11am
Hanaa80 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Matthes also said the rumour was ridiculous. But then again - why even mention it then?
Because it's far easier to stir shit with only half the story.
6/26/2011 6:20am
Nico is a top rider that was side lined at the Jax SX from a compound bone break in his foot. Nico had less than par treatment in the Jacksonville hospital and is working hard to get back to 100%. The Kilbarger guys are a quality hard working race team. Matthes is clueless and should apologize for his brain free comment on the engine. Take a trip to the shop Matthes!
MotoGUY
6/26/2011 7:20am
Yeah but the point is that it came out of his mouth. Like I said I would love to get in contact with matthes and give him my 2 cents on his comments about our team. We bust our ass and for someone who has a stupid radio show to say some stupid ignorant comments like our bikes are cheater bikes is complete bullshit. We at the team have never talked to Matthes we would love for him to come by red bud. See he has no idea how our team runs or operates so until he does we would like for him to keep his "rumors" to himself
Taylor156
6/26/2011 10:45am
He's riding the *hit out of that bike and doing well hats off to him and the team
Rizzo
6/26/2011 10:49am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2011 10:51am
Matthes and other writers in the pits report what they see and hear. He wasn't backing up the claim that Izzy was cheating, it was acutally the opposite. Why would he need to tear down a motor or visit the shop, he's on the same side as you. You guys should be calling out the rider or team that started the rumor or made the false claim, not the guy that on his internet show, said how ridiculous the rumor was. He just had DD on the show, calling the team cheaters but having their riders on as guests..............that doesn't add up. You are mad at the wrong guy.
mom241
6/26/2011 10:55am
Rizzo wrote:
Matthes and other writers in the pits report what they see and hear. He wasn't backing up the claim that Izzy was cheating, it was acutally...
Matthes and other writers in the pits report what they see and hear. He wasn't backing up the claim that Izzy was cheating, it was acutally the opposite. Why would he need to tear down a motor or visit the shop, he's on the same side as you. You guys should be calling out the rider or team that started the rumor or made the false claim, not the guy that on his internet show, said how ridiculous the rumor was. He just had DD on the show, calling the team cheaters but having their riders on as guests..............that doesn't add up. You are mad at the wrong guy.
X2
The Rock
6/26/2011 12:30pm
Not sure if I am reading the last post correctly but in any case Izzi and DD aren't on the same team.
Ddavis
6/26/2011 12:33pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2011 12:34pm
The Rock wrote:
Not sure if I am reading the last post correctly but in any case Izzi and DD aren't on the same team.
Izzi is on Kilbarger Racing and Durham is on Renegade/Eleven10 Mods

And yes my avatar is Tommy Weeck. I was stoked on the shot, Tommy threw it extra low when he saw me standing up there! haha
jtomasik
6/26/2011 12:38pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2011 12:39pm
spd721 wrote:
MotoGUY wrote:
I would love to know who started the rumor better yet I would love for matthes to come to our race shop and tear down one...
I would love to know who started the rumor better yet I would love for matthes to come to our race shop and tear down one of our motors. I am giving him a complete invite to come to our shop in ohio and tear a motor down. If he has enough sources to put us on blast on his show he should be more than happy to come to our race shop and make the big bust of the year. Its funny that a privateer team that is having better qualifying times and results than PC Geico and the other factory lites teams automatically is running a big bore. Just to let everyone know we get a huge kick out of it. We love the recognition that our motors are so fast there is no way they are legal.
Nice!

Ok, Matthes...time to nut up or shut up. I'm expecting a lot of back-pedaling now...
Rizzo
6/26/2011 6:59pm
The Rock wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
Izzi is on Kilbarger Racing and Durham is on Renegade/Eleven10 Mods And yes my avatar is Tommy Weeck. I was stoked on the shot, Tommy threw...
Izzi is on Kilbarger Racing and Durham is on Renegade/Eleven10 Mods

And yes my avatar is Tommy Weeck. I was stoked on the shot, Tommy threw it extra low when he saw me standing up there! haha
I thought Sanner was doing motors for that team as well as his own.
6/26/2011 7:09pm
spd721 wrote:
MotoGUY wrote:
I would love to know who started the rumor better yet I would love for matthes to come to our race shop and tear down one...
Now if you could just get him some half decent suspension Whistling
-eagle-
6/27/2011 5:58am
Would be sweet if the bottom line show still existed. Red Bud 2011 would be a classic.
mcphilly
6/27/2011 6:39am Edited Date/Time 6/27/2011 7:16am
Izzi does not have the speed to win.. never has ...never will....he is a 4th and 5th place guy on a good day even with factory equipment and that`s that. end of thread Smile
35smom
6/27/2011 6:50am
spd721 wrote:
MotoGUY wrote:
Just take it as a compliment. You know they are legal so you must be doing something right! Keep them guessing and get the satisfaction out of that.
ns503
6/27/2011 7:10am
spd721 wrote:
MotoGUY wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
Nice!

Ok, Matthes...time to nut up or shut up. I'm expecting a lot of back-pedaling now...
Why?

He only told about the rumour (I also don't think he would have said something if he'd only heard it once), and said he thought it was false (from what others said - I didn't listen to it). He didn't say he was cheating. Should he have said nothing & let the rumours gain strength? He has no reason to come to the shop to try for a bust - he's not accusing, he's actually defending.
msp138
6/27/2011 7:11am
I think people will start to recognize Izzi again. He hasnt had a full season in a couple years because of injuries. Everyone knocks him, and i may be biased because when I raced the izz's were fun good people at the track all the time. Even if I wasn't no one can say that he's not hauling lately. After the horrific injury he had i bet 90% of people on this board wouldn't even watch racing on TV let alone go out there and give it his all week in and week out if that happend to them.
yithrive
6/27/2011 7:43am
MotoGUY wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
Nice!

ns503 wrote:
Why? He only told about the rumour (I also don't think he would have said something if he'd only heard it once), and said he thought...
Why?

He only told about the rumour (I also don't think he would have said something if he'd only heard it once), and said he thought it was false (from what others said - I didn't listen to it). He didn't say he was cheating. Should he have said nothing & let the rumours gain strength? He has no reason to come to the shop to try for a bust - he's not accusing, he's actually defending.
point is he is a member of the media and should not throw rumors out there with nothing to back it up. If he wants inform his listeners that a rumor is going around, then he should state the source so they can be responsible. but he didn't, so any backlash to him is justified. The industry is full of too much high school like drama in the pits and Matthes just contributes to that.
JBlain619
6/27/2011 10:14am
MotoGUY wrote:
Yeah but the point is that it came out of his mouth. Like I said I would love to get in contact with matthes and give...
Yeah but the point is that it came out of his mouth. Like I said I would love to get in contact with matthes and give him my 2 cents on his comments about our team. We bust our ass and for someone who has a stupid radio show to say some stupid ignorant comments like our bikes are cheater bikes is complete bullshit. We at the team have never talked to Matthes we would love for him to come by red bud. See he has no idea how our team runs or operates so until he does we would like for him to keep his "rumors" to himself
Call in to the show tonite, they will have you on.
Mod Killer
6/27/2011 12:20pm
i dont think matthes is in the wrong here.

if he's guilty of anything, its not being impartial when throwing out strong rumors of cheating in the 250 class. no rumor in the pits has ever been louder than when talking about some of the "elite" 250 teams. i dont see the need to pick on some smaller teams who may be playing dirty to level the field.

and for the record, nobody should be bashing any team or rider for cheating. thats the nature of competition. if anything, we should be blasting the AMA for not enforcing their own rules!!! its one of the two main reasons why i dont knock a rider for using questionable PED's. if its not tested against, its not cheating. it happens in this sport no less than the running of big bore kits. the whole point of sports is to measure a persons competitive spirit.....and then we bash them when they maybe take it too far? not fair.

that said, when was the last time a PC or Geico bike was torn down immediately after a moto? thats what i thought. leave izzi and durham for that matter alone.

Post a reply to: Izzi

The Latest