It's starting to feel like Villo's title

WhKnuckle
3/3/2013 4:53am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2013 5:19pm
As much as I'd love to see Davi win it, the Villo freight train is back on the tracks and running notch 8. It's going to be hard to beat that kind of speed and determination with just a schosh less speed and lots of consistency and track smarts. Davi might be able to beat Villo here and there, but I just don't see it every week, so I think Davi needs another bad race from Villo. We'll see, but Villo has used up all his mulligans and he knows it.

This is starting to have the feel of Reed hoping for an RC mistake for all those years when Reed wound up second. Strangely enough, although I'd hate to see Villo have a bad race and definitely don't want him to have one via the Asterisk Mule, I still would LOVE to see Davi win the title. I don't know why, but it would be soooooooo cool. But, at the end of the day, I'm starting to think it ain't gonna happen.
|
plynn41
3/3/2013 5:41am
I think Davi will have pressure on him to perform throughout the rest of the season that he hasn't had since round 1 due to the closure of the points gap. Not saying he won't respond well to the pressure, but he can't afford a bad race now, where he could earlier.

I think most of the competitors have to view RV as the most dangerous rider out there from the perspective of being able to rip off a series of wins. He has already proven he can do that--but he can also crash out or have bad luck on a given weekend.

This has been a great year for Supercross!
TooOldToPlay
3/3/2013 8:58am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2013 9:00am
I think (edit: hope) Davi got his one bad race out of thie way this weekend, and will back on top at Daytona. First 8 weeks were not a fluke. Go Saps!
qtrracer
3/3/2013 10:42am
Villapoto , Millsaps or Dungey, it's between these 3 for the title. Anything can happen.
stewie94
3/3/2013 10:48am
my boyy dungey goona get itWink

The Shop

3/3/2013 11:57am
There will always be the Saint Louis controversy with the flags. To me RV should have a 3 spots to 30 seconds penalty for not respecting the safety rules twice in the same race.
Choppy
3/3/2013 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2013 12:36pm
I think this ruling took the wind out of the sails of everyone but RV2.
That's not RV's fault, it's the AMA's.
qtrracer
3/3/2013 12:39pm
If it took the wind out of anyone's sails then they don't have what it takes to be a champion this year. A racer is supposed to win the title, it's hard, winning a title isn't for crybabies. Champions get it done!!!
grimey
3/3/2013 12:53pm
Thought for sure RV would have been made an example of punishment for flag awareness. Its no doubt he is the poster boy for that, and ironically he's one of few riders who is fast enough to back it down without killing his points position.
Davi has shown consistency more than any other rider all season, and I still believe the pressure will be higher on the factory riders throughout the season.
A good start for Dungey or Reed would be great to see also, seems like everyone has tasted the cake but those two.
Lets quit the bitchin' and know that there isn't one rider out there that isnt being tested. What a great f'n season, and there ain't no damn way there will be an asterisk on the champ trophy!!!
stewie94
3/3/2013 12:57pm
grimey wrote:
Thought for sure RV would have been made an example of punishment for flag awareness. Its no doubt he is the poster boy for that, and...
Thought for sure RV would have been made an example of punishment for flag awareness. Its no doubt he is the poster boy for that, and ironically he's one of few riders who is fast enough to back it down without killing his points position.
Davi has shown consistency more than any other rider all season, and I still believe the pressure will be higher on the factory riders throughout the season.
A good start for Dungey or Reed would be great to see also, seems like everyone has tasted the cake but those two.
Lets quit the bitchin' and know that there isn't one rider out there that isnt being tested. What a great f'n season, and there ain't no damn way there will be an asterisk on the champ trophy!!!
dungey tasted the cake once so far , if anything dungey needs a good start, reed needs a win more than anybody
Flatliner
3/3/2013 12:58pm
Not an RV fan per say but he rides with more urgency than anyone else. It's impressive.
Husqerdo
3/3/2013 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2013 1:02pm
Why can't RV win without being a F'stick? He has the ability, but he still relies on taking advantage of the situation. No other top riders pull this BS, get some balls RV and win without this crap. Amazing most see this as OK. Will Monster investigate? Hell NO.
zook11
3/3/2013 1:03pm
Husqerdo wrote:
Why can't RV win without being a F'stick? He has the ability, but he still relies on taking advantage of the situation. No other top riders...
Why can't RV win without being a F'stick? He has the ability, but he still relies on taking advantage of the situation. No other top riders pull this BS, get some balls RV and win without this crap. Amazing most see this as OK. Will Monster investigate? Hell NO.
Crush
3/3/2013 1:05pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
As much as I'd love to see Davi win it, the Villo freight train is back on the tracks and running notch 8. It's going to...
As much as I'd love to see Davi win it, the Villo freight train is back on the tracks and running notch 8. It's going to be hard to beat that kind of speed and determination with just a schosh less speed and lots of consistency and track smarts. Davi might be able to beat Villo here and there, but I just don't see it every week, so I think Davi needs another bad race from Villo. We'll see, but Villo has used up all his mulligans and he knows it.

This is starting to have the feel of Reed hoping for an RC mistake for all those years when Reed wound up second. Strangely enough, although I'd hate to see Villo have a bad race and definitely don't want him to have one via the Asterisk Mule, I still would LOVE to see Davi win the title. I don't know why, but it would be soooooooo cool. But, at the end of the day, I'm starting to think it ain't gonna happen.
Or then again, we could have Daytona then another half dozen slick tracks and RV won't have an advantage again...
WhKnuckle
3/3/2013 1:06pm
Note that I started this thread before I knew there was a controversy about the flag deal. Flag or no flag, I think Villo is on a roll and is going to be hard to stop. But Davi is still riding with the red plate and I'd be so jazzed to see him win it...we'll see.
zook11
3/3/2013 1:09pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
As much as I'd love to see Davi win it, the Villo freight train is back on the tracks and running notch 8. It's going to...

Crush wrote:
Or then again, we could have Daytona then another half dozen slick tracks and RV won't have an advantage again...
Just outta curiosity who had the most wins at the "slick" tracks?
Crush
3/3/2013 1:12pm
zook11 wrote:
Just outta curiosity who had the most wins at the "slick" tracks?
The same guy who also crashed a lot...

Who had the points lead?

I'm not a hater mate, but Davi has had a 20 odd point lead for a while... One bad race and a couple lucky decisions and he's still got 12...

St Louis has always had hero dirt, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of the races being hard and slick save Daytona and Seattle...

And Davi typically aint a slouch in the mud/ruts soft stuff... Something about a fat lady
stewie94
3/3/2013 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2013 1:50pm
i hope some of you are not counting dungey out, daytona is his type of track
dirtnapper
3/3/2013 1:47pm
stewie94 wrote:
i hope some of you are not counting dungey out, daytona is his type of track
I'm not counting him out, not by a long shot, not yet! Wink
Drtbykr
3/3/2013 2:00pm
Legal, but lame ass pass.
Cigaro
3/3/2013 4:28pm
It's hard to bet against him now when you got the AMA in your pocket... Whistling
davistld01
3/3/2013 5:19pm
Cigaro wrote:
It's hard to bet against him now when you got the AMA in your pocket... Whistling
Ding-Ding-Ding!!! We have a winner!!!Cheerful

Post a reply to: It's starting to feel like Villo's title

The Latest