It's official : SX de Bercy not in Bercy !

rangot
Edited Date/Time 1/30/2014 8:42pm
Bercy SX will take place in Lille this year (1h from Paris by fast train), because the Bercy stadium have to be updated and will be closed for months for a big makeover. The new place is great : it's a full-on soccer stadium with a retractable roof, which will allow the organisers to put on a real US style track. I'm looking forward to it ! Google "Pierre Mauroy stadium" for more details...
|

The Shop

rangot
1/30/2014 8:05am
TeamGreen wrote:
Yes, but, how's the local cuisine?
Not bad, maybe a bit fat with all those French fries, but who cares about fat ? Great beer, Belgium is just around the corner.
rangot
1/30/2014 8:06am
ayearinmx wrote:
Good news, even easier to get to
Indeed. And a lot easier to park !!!
ayearinmx
1/30/2014 8:16am
ayearinmx wrote:
Good news, even easier to get to
rangot wrote:
Indeed. And a lot easier to park !!!
well i never had any problems parking as i always got to the train station early enough... but it negotiating Paris, and in particular the roads around Bercy was never fun
1/30/2014 8:25am
rangot wrote:
Bercy SX will take place in Lille this year (1h from Paris by fast train), because the Bercy stadium have to be updated and will be...
Bercy SX will take place in Lille this year (1h from Paris by fast train), because the Bercy stadium have to be updated and will be closed for months for a big makeover. The new place is great : it's a full-on soccer stadium with a retractable roof, which will allow the organisers to put on a real US style track. I'm looking forward to it ! Google "Pierre Mauroy stadium" for more details...
I hated Bercy Stadium, so glad to see them fixing the stadium. Lille, nice and close to home.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/30/2014 10:38am
Hmm...that'll change things up a tad.
rangot
1/30/2014 10:48am
Track will be GOOD ! Can't wait !
SethGator
1/30/2014 11:57am
sweet, gonna be good. hopefully some more AMA guys get invites.

1/30/2014 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2014 1:26pm
The important change will be about the track, indeed it has been said that the track will be "american type", they wanna make it like the monster energy supercross, but probably still with the specialities of bercy supercross like the finals with eliminations and fast lap etc..

The americans have already been dominating at Bercy on a small european track, so with a biggest track and more like what they get in the states, it is probably gonna make it even easier for them.

But hopefully it´ll give a new start to the bercy supercross that was going down a little. Maybe more american riders, the best ones like back in the days.. No offense but having Chisholm as a king of bercy was a little disapointing, even though i really like the rider.

Well in my opignion its a really good news, looking forward to see what theyll come up with
SethGator
1/30/2014 1:41pm
Bigfoot_fr wrote:
The important change will be about the track, indeed it has been said that the track will be "american type", they wanna make it like the...
The important change will be about the track, indeed it has been said that the track will be "american type", they wanna make it like the monster energy supercross, but probably still with the specialities of bercy supercross like the finals with eliminations and fast lap etc..

The americans have already been dominating at Bercy on a small european track, so with a biggest track and more like what they get in the states, it is probably gonna make it even easier for them.

But hopefully it´ll give a new start to the bercy supercross that was going down a little. Maybe more american riders, the best ones like back in the days.. No offense but having Chisholm as a king of bercy was a little disapointing, even though i really like the rider.

Well in my opignion its a really good news, looking forward to see what theyll come up with
"No offense but having Chisholm as a king of bercy was a little disapointing, even though i really like the rider."

fully understand your sentiment here...just not the same shine as a Stewart, Barcia or Reed as King of Bercy.
jeffro503
1/30/2014 2:44pm
Honestly.....I'd like to see some heavy hitters from here AND the GP's do this. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why they don't.....but it sure would be cool.
KlootZak
1/30/2014 8:42pm
That's only 1 hour drive from my home Woohoo I'm definitely going this time!

Post a reply to: It's official : SX de Bercy not in Bercy !

The Latest