It's official... Elsinore in the National schedule

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:06pm
State-of-the-Art Lake Elsinore Motocross Park is the New Southern California Home of Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship
Tickets Available at www.AlliSports.com

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (January 11, 2012) - MX Sports Pro Racing and Alli Sports announce that the brand new Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park will become the new home of Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing, in Southern California. On the heels of announcing the 2012 series schedule and advance ticket sales for next summer, both parties are pleased to welcome the completely renovated Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park as the host site of the season finale, set to take place on Saturday, September 8, 2012.

Located in the hotbed of the motocross industry, and about an hour outside of the major metropolitan areas of Los Angeles and San Diego, Lake Elsinore serves as an ideal location for fans of the sport across the entire southern portion of the state. It's also well-known to students of the sport's history as the site of the Lake Elsinore Grand Prix, which was featured prominently in the epic motorcycle racing documentary film On Any Sunday back in 1971 - one year before the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship was born.

"A successful search has landed the Pro Motocross finale at what we feel is the ideal location for a national event in Southern California," said MX Sports President Davey Coombs. "This is a brand new facility that was built from the ground up to host such an event, and offers riders one of the best layouts of any track in the country. We like to close out the summer where the sport of motocross thrives, and we believe we've found the perfect place in Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park."

The Marc Peters-designed venue is state-of-the-art in terms of motocross and features multiple elevation changes, spectacular obstacles, and easy access for the fans. The facility was designed with not only riders but spectators in mind as well, with paved roads and walkways, lush landscaping, camping amenities and designated areas at multiple elevations for viewing.

"Sight lines might be one of the most underrated values of what makes or breaks any motocross track for the fans," said Peters, himself a former pro racer and the son of recent Motorcycle Hall of Fame inductee Stu Peters. "We built this so there isn't a bad spot to watch from, no matter where you choose to stand. It was our dream to host a national and in an effort to do so, we took away from all the various experiences at the many tracks that have been a part of American Motocross in the past to make what we hope to be the ideal motocross facility, for both riders and spectators."

The original Lake Elsinore track was a local hotspot for many years, but over time, newer venues throughout the region garnered the attention of enthusiasts and pros, ultimately forcing it to shut its doors two years ago. After months of sculpting and fine-tuning, the new Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park opened its doors to the public the first weekend in December. While the facility is ready for business (and has been getting rave reviews for the complete makeover) there is still plenty of work to be done, including the completion of a full Lucas Oil four-wheel off-road short course stadium on the property and the finishing touches of what will be the site of the final round of the 2012 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship.

In addition to hosting the best riders on the planet this September, Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park will also be the final stop of the Women's Motocross Championship. The eight-race season will feature the fastest women riders in the world, including multi-time champions Ashley Fiolek and Jessica Patterson, bringing a fitting conclusion to what is sure to be a memorable final weekend for Pro Motocross and the inaugural national event at Southern California's newest facility.

Racer X Films recently visited Lake Elsinore on opening day, showcasing the newest playground for motocross riders throughout California. Check it out here. More details about the new Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park can be found at www.raceLE.com.

Ticket info for every round of the 2012 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship can be found at www.allisports.com. Fans won't want to miss the chance to take advantage of special early-bird ticket sales!

For additional information please visit AlliSports.com/motocross plus "like" the American Motocross Facebook page and "follow" @americanmx on Twitter for exclusive content and additional information on the latest Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship action.

For more information on the 2012 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, please log on to www.allisports.com/motocross.

For media information about the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, please contact MX Sports Pro Racing via email at media@mxsportsproracing.com.

MX Sports Pro Racing
MX Sports Pro Racing manages and produces the world's most prestigious motocross series - the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing. The industry leader in off road powersport event production and management, its mission is to showcase the sport of professional motocross competition at events throughout the United States. Through its various racing properties, partnerships and affiliates, MX Sports Pro Racing organizes events for thousands of action sports athletes each year and attracts millions of motorsports spectators. Visit www.mxsportsproracing.com.

Alli Sports
Alli Sports is an action sports lifestyle brand whose mission is to connect fans with athletes and brands through best in class events, media, and authentic branded products. Alli Sports includes: the Dew Tour, Winter Dew Tour, Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship and the Gatorade Free Flow Tour; Alli Media which creates, produces, and distributes original content; Alli Ride Shop an online retailer carrying top skate and BMX consumer products; and Alli MotoShop an online retailer carrying top moto consumer products. Alli Sports is owned by NBC Sports. More information can be found at www.allisports.com.

Lucas Oil Products
Lucas Oil is a worldwide leader in the production of oils, lubricants and additives. Based in Corona, Calif., Lucas Oil Products is one of the fastest-growing additive lines in the consumer automotive industry, featuring a premium line of oils, lubricants and problem-solving performance additives. Through innovative product research and development, along with aggressive marketing programs, Lucas Oil Products has established itself as the top-selling additive line in the American truck-stop industry. Lucas Oil is involved in an array of motorsports sponsorships, including the "Official Motor Oil of the Pro Motocross Championship." Visit www.LucasOil.com.

AMA Pro Racing
AMA Pro Racing is the premier professional motorcycle racing sanctioning body in the United States, operating a full schedule of events and championships for a variety of motorcycle disciplines. From its Daytona Beach headquarters, the organization sanctions professional motorcycle racing competition, which includes, AMA Pro Motocross, AMA Pro Road Racing, and AMA Pro Flat Track. Visit www.amaproracing.com.

NBC Sports Group
When the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction was completed in January of 2011, the broad reach and storied history of NBC Sports united with Comcast's 24/7 ability to super-serve fans to create the NBC Sports Group. The new sports media company consists of an array of broadcast television, cable television and digital sports assets, including NBC Sports & Olympics, Golf Channel, Versus, 11 SportNets (regional sports networks) and their respective websites. Together, the new combined assets of the NBC Sports Group possess an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the Olympics, NFL, NHL, PGA TOUR, PGA of America, USGA, IndyCar, Wimbledon, French Open, Tour de France and Kentucky Derby

Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park
Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park is the premiere motorsports facility in Southern California. Located off of the 15 freeway in Lake Elsinore, California, Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park features four different MX tracks (designed by pro track designer Marc Peters), a Lucas Oil short course off-road truck track, and ample camping and picnic areas. Visit www.raceLE.com for more information on events and fees, and become a fan at www.facebook.com/racele for fan-only specials and promotions.
|
bartoner
1/11/2012 11:21am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2012 11:21am
dang...i just posted this...then it disappeared....lol....i think alot of people called this, a long time ago...
huck
1/11/2012 11:22am
wasn't the last place going to be 'the next great place'?

The videos of Elsinore look pretty cool though.....
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/11/2012 11:24am
bartoner wrote:
dang...i just posted this...then it disappeared....lol....i think alot of people called this, a long time ago...
Sorry, we doubled up, and I pulled rank on it. Wink
Pdub
1/11/2012 11:25am
All hail So Cal, the place to be if you're an MX fan!

The Shop

mxcrf34
1/11/2012 11:27am
Stoked!!!!! oh yea....I live in the Southeast. Nevermind.
huck
1/11/2012 11:27am
Bring back Glen Helen and 2t's...

Wink
cbt.medic02
1/11/2012 11:28am
yup, definitely saw this one coming.

anyone hear of any fallout over at pala?
mmcmx
1/11/2012 11:29am
I'll move to so cal as soon as I figure out how to live and moto without working!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/11/2012 11:30am
yup, definitely saw this one coming.

anyone hear of any fallout over at pala?
Fallout? Don't worry, there were no nuclear devices deployed. Wink
1/11/2012 11:37am
Booo! bring back GH best place to end it! Their main track better get a total makeover before this thing comes to town........ place is not worth the money sorry Sondra.
AbouttheRide
Fantasy
2914th
1/11/2012 11:38am
Nobody loves Glen Helen more than me but Im STOKED that this race is going to be in Elsinore. This facility is second to none and I personally cant wait to watch a National up on one of those nice viewing areas they have built. I mean hell they built it so perfect for spectators that Im just excited that we actually get to use it as it was intended to be used,

Plus this track is just straight up a blast to ride!
AbouttheRide
Fantasy
2914th
1/11/2012 11:39am
Booo! bring back GH best place to end it! Their main track better get a total makeover before this thing comes to town........ place is not...
Booo! bring back GH best place to end it! Their main track better get a total makeover before this thing comes to town........ place is not worth the money sorry Sondra.
NOT x2!
1/11/2012 11:44am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2012 11:47am
Nobody loves Glen Helen more than me but Im STOKED that this race is going to be in Elsinore. This facility is second to none and...
Nobody loves Glen Helen more than me but Im STOKED that this race is going to be in Elsinore. This facility is second to none and I personally cant wait to watch a National up on one of those nice viewing areas they have built. I mean hell they built it so perfect for spectators that Im just excited that we actually get to use it as it was intended to be used,

Do you really think this place is more fun than Comp Edge or Chauilla creek? I just don't seem to enjoy this place as i do those two. But i do agree with you about the facility it is sweet but the track and dirt are poo!.
jasonv43
1/11/2012 11:46am
Wow. Just wow. In all my years did I ever think that Lake Elsinore would be hosting a pro motocross race.
AbouttheRide
Fantasy
2914th
1/11/2012 11:53am
Nobody loves Glen Helen more than me but Im STOKED that this race is going to be in Elsinore. This facility is second to none and...

Do you really think this place is more fun than Comp Edge or Chauilla creek? I just don't seem to enjoy this place as i do...
Do you really think this place is more fun than Comp Edge or Chauilla creek? I just don't seem to enjoy this place as i do those two. But i do agree with you about the facility it is sweet but the track and dirt are poo!.
I would say they are all fun and im just glad i have the option to ride all of them to be honest.
kongols
1/11/2012 11:55am
mmcmx wrote:
I'll move to so cal as soon as I figure out how to live and moto without working!
Moto good.
DL
1/11/2012 12:00pm
IMHO this is a good facility, designed well, financially stable and willing to make a substantial investment. The track and track prep will be top notch with Marc running things. There is plenty of parking and good access. I think it adds up really well and is going to make a great National. Till GH gets some new blood running the show there won't be a National there. Bud is just too stubborn. Congrats to Lake Elsinore.
1/11/2012 12:00pm

Do you really think this place is more fun than Comp Edge or Chauilla creek? I just don't seem to enjoy this place as i do...
I would say they are all fun and im just glad i have the option to ride all of them to be honest.
Agreed but...........Mitch has his boys on either Comp Edge or GH once a week for each during outdoor testing and if the man himself picks those two tracks enough said.........
KBehlingMX
1/11/2012 12:05pm
Facility is good, but it's going to take a lot more work. The track and dirt are not national caliber in my opinion. Id bet it's short term just like Pala was.
cfp124
1/11/2012 12:07pm
huck wrote:
wasn't the last place going to be 'the next great place'? The videos of Elsinore look pretty cool though.....

Elsinore has a great location and easy access. But I would rather be heading to Glen Helen for a National.
1/11/2012 12:11pm
mmcmx wrote:
Just do what they all do there.

1.Get an adjustable rate mortgage, wait until the 1 year mark
2. then take out a massive home equity line of credit.
3. take that line of credit straight to Chapparal and buy a load of bikes, then buy a toy-hauler.
4. buy a drawer full of tapout shirts, eat at buffalo wild wings 6 nights a week, and jack-n-the-box 1.
5. Hang out in the Hesperia/Bear Valley area, and claim to know every FMX-er, the alessi's, and anyone else who lives there.
6. once the bank catches up to you, and repossesses all your moto dreams, blame "the economy".
crf250pilot
1/11/2012 12:15pm
Hopefully they learned from Pala how not to run a National.
Sherwood
1/11/2012 12:17pm
huck wrote:
wasn't the last place going to be 'the next great place'? The videos of Elsinore look pretty cool though.....

Money disputes ruined that.
mxb2
1/11/2012 12:18pm
Wow, what a supriseTongueTongueTongueTongue
AbouttheRide
Fantasy
2914th
1/11/2012 12:21pm
mmcmx wrote:
Just do what they all do there. 1.Get an adjustable rate mortgage, wait until the 1 year mark 2. then take out a massive home equity...
Just do what they all do there.

1.Get an adjustable rate mortgage, wait until the 1 year mark
2. then take out a massive home equity line of credit.
3. take that line of credit straight to Chapparal and buy a load of bikes, then buy a toy-hauler.
4. buy a drawer full of tapout shirts, eat at buffalo wild wings 6 nights a week, and jack-n-the-box 1.
5. Hang out in the Hesperia/Bear Valley area, and claim to know every FMX-er, the alessi's, and anyone else who lives there.
6. once the bank catches up to you, and repossesses all your moto dreams, blame "the economy".
Hahahah just a few changes

3. Id say instead of bikes that would be three quads and a rhino for the prgo wife to roll in the dunes.
3.5 Add nessacary Fox stickers to back window and the obvious Glamis - its a sand thing to the back of the toy hauler.
burb
1/11/2012 12:28pm
If there running the national there they have a ton of work to do cause there's no way that tracks even close to a national track caliber
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
1/11/2012 12:30pm
huck wrote:
Bring back Glen Helen and 2t's...

Wink
DC enemies.

Post a reply to: It's official... Elsinore in the National schedule

The Latest