"It's just a dirt bike race" ???

Viper
3/18/2017 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2017 8:28pm
aeffertz wrote:
I hope he says the same thing whenever he wins again. "Dungey, how good dies it feel to be back on the top step tonight?!" "It's...
I hope he says the same thing whenever he wins again.
"Dungey, how good dies it feel to be back on the top step tonight?!"

"It's just a dirt bike race, who cares. There's bigger things in life."

What a strange thing to say at the top step of your professional sport. It really comes off as poor sportsmanship or something. If you're upset, just say it. Don't try to be all deep and philosophical all the sudden because you got got 3rd.

"This is the thing I work my ass off every day for and I didn't win. But I don't care because there are bigger things in life." Just funny to me
Viper wrote:
Yes, because dirt bikes are the most important things in life. He'd like to get philosophical but beta cucks like you would not understand.
aeffertz wrote:
Oh god you're a cringe factory. Get off his nuts and you'll clearly see he's being salty. I know dirt bikes aren't the most important thing...
Oh god you're a cringe factory.

Get off his nuts and you'll clearly see he's being salty. I know dirt bikes aren't the most important thing in life you bozo. He's being interviewed for racing his dirt bike so when he says "who cares about dirt bikes" it's strange.
Well, well, well, I guess the beta, it really hit a nerve with you, beta boy. But really who is the bozo here? In case you didn't guess it, that's a rhetorical question. I don't really want you to answer that, and I don't think you have the intelligence to answer it. The bozo here is you, it's the guy who's going online and typing shit about a guy who has dedicated his life to being a better dirtbike rider than you could even come close to. Your imagination doesn't even extend that far. But more importantly, you want to say shit about a guy who is married now, who's looking at his future, is going into retirement and who really has a sense of perspective of his own life and his own values, and realizes that dirt bikes are not the most important thing in life. Will the real bozo please stand up (that's you).
3/18/2017 8:26pm
Personally, I was embarrassed by his not well thought out answer with what I hope was one of the larger viewing audiences of the year. Who the hell watching this would go, wow, he's a real competitor? Would the average Joe watching think this is a serious sport when a champion has this type of response? Venting, but my god just say I didn't have it tonight, thank all the people you can't thank enough, mention the sponsors and pass the mic to Marvin since he has plenty to say.
mx617
3/18/2017 8:27pm
I think he's just repeating his mantra. Don't get too high, don't get too low. Just a dirt bike race, as in " I've put everything I can into this, but I'm not going to let one win or loss define me. There's bigger things to worry about, family, health, kids, and oh yeah that championship thing I'm going after."

He's got a history of getting "into his moods" doesn't he? Maybe this is his way of just trying to stay even keel.
zehn
3/18/2017 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2017 8:29pm
Viper wrote:
Well, well, well, I guess the beta, it really hit a nerve with you, beta boy. But really who is the bozo here? In case you...
Well, well, well, I guess the beta, it really hit a nerve with you, beta boy. But really who is the bozo here? In case you didn't guess it, that's a rhetorical question. I don't really want you to answer that, and I don't think you have the intelligence to answer it. The bozo here is you, it's the guy who's going online and typing shit about a guy who has dedicated his life to being a better dirtbike rider than you could even come close to. Your imagination doesn't even extend that far. But more importantly, you want to say shit about a guy who is married now, who's looking at his future, is going into retirement and who really has a sense of perspective of his own life and his own values, and realizes that dirt bikes are not the most important thing in life. Will the real bozo please stand up (that's you).
Funniest part is both of you are interpreting his words/actions based on faulty assumptions and premises.

Two sides of the same coin

The Shop

Phantom 661
3/18/2017 8:33pm
Personally, I was embarrassed by his not well thought out answer with what I hope was one of the larger viewing audiences of the year. Who...
Personally, I was embarrassed by his not well thought out answer with what I hope was one of the larger viewing audiences of the year. Who the hell watching this would go, wow, he's a real competitor? Would the average Joe watching think this is a serious sport when a champion has this type of response? Venting, but my god just say I didn't have it tonight, thank all the people you can't thank enough, mention the sponsors and pass the mic to Marvin since he has plenty to say.
Okey, that last line was funny. Grinning
mulletman
3/18/2017 8:34pm
Viper wrote:
Well, well, well, I guess the beta, it really hit a nerve with you, beta boy. But really who is the bozo here? In case you...
I'll PayPal you a dollar if you'll go away.
rancor19
3/18/2017 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2017 8:39pm
Maybe when he becomes a brand ambassador his tagline can be "It's just a dirt bike."

Just thinking out loud...
C_Hart3
3/18/2017 8:40pm
TMessi111 wrote:
I wasn't at the race and couldn't see what was going on from them not showing the lead group most of the race, but what was...
I wasn't at the race and couldn't see what was going on from them not showing the lead group most of the race, but what was causing the yo yo from Dungey and Tomacs gap? Was Dungey faster somewhere or was Eli dealing with more ambitious lappers? Just curious if Eli was making mistakes or if he was being interfered with.
I think there were some spots Ryan was a little faster. But there were definitely a few riders that gave Eli a hard time, Friese and barcia for sure.
aeffertz
3/18/2017 8:46pm
Viper wrote:
Am I not allowed to express how his weird comment came off on an internet forum?

Dungey is one of my favorite riders of all time. I'm not talking shit. Maybe use that extra large alpha brain of yours and try to comprehend the words. The superiority complex is real with you, holy shit. Get off it.
captmoto
3/18/2017 8:49pm
Yeah, it sounded like a very short concession speech.
3/18/2017 9:02pm
Okey, that last line was funny. Grinning
Thanks, I try! Smile

I think Dunge is fine and he is going to bust his ass to win but every now and then you hear him say something like this and you just wonder why he is saying it. Of course literally it is just a dirt bike race. If that's his way of saying he's not going to get too high or too low on the result that is cool but dang find another way to articulate that.
ga_pike
3/18/2017 9:02pm
I don't read all too much into this statement. Quite frankly, it WAS 1 race out of an entire season. Dungey has a well documented history of consistency and that is how he has been so successful. He has still has a 12 point lead over Tomac. I think Dungey is simply downplaying each event individually and staying focused on maintaining the consistency he has been known for... especially on a track that he may not have been as comfortable on. Better to take 3rd and limit his points loss "damage" than to push for the win and crash out with a DNF.
JB 19
3/18/2017 9:08pm
I felt like he had lost his edge after the Roczen injury, but based on how bad he, Tomac and sometimes Musquin are killing the rest of the field I'm starting to think it is more that Tomac has gone into total beast mode and Marvin has stepped his game up.

At Indy they had like 2/3 a lap on 4th and 5th.
Gabriel J
3/18/2017 9:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2017 6:24am
He's right, it's just a dirt bike race. He came in 3rd place in one race of the most prestigious form of indoor motocross series, potentially on his way to ANOTHER championship.

Should he just retire now because it's all been a waste?
early
Fantasy
2139th
3/18/2017 9:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2017 9:20pm
early wrote:
This series is tightening up, you know it, i know it, Dungey knows it, and Tomac knows it. Dungey wants to win the championship but i...
This series is tightening up, you know it, i know it, Dungey knows it, and Tomac knows it. Dungey wants to win the championship but i think the pressure is weighing on him.
drt410 wrote:
Dungey also knows that it will take tomac winning out which is very hard to do and is something that tomac has never done. He looks...
Dungey also knows that it will take tomac winning out which is very hard to do and is something that tomac has never done. He looks like he will, but you never know. All it takes is 1 bad start or a top 5 from tomac and dungey wins. He still has the odds on his side, but I really hope tomac brings it down to a battle at the last race.
Theres 150 points up for grabs and Dungey is 12 up. There is no crown and anything can happen to anyone. Thats the beauty of it.

BTW did anyone notice when Jenny Taft said CHASE TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP right before the podium interview of Tomac...I mean Musquin. Cool
Hcallz5
3/18/2017 9:20pm
That is code for "I'm still cashing out up in this bitch, podiums pay bills bro."
gnarwhip
3/18/2017 9:23pm
First Jason Lawrence broke him and won the championship, then RV, and now Tomac.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
3/18/2017 9:30pm
There's a plenty of "dumb" in this thread....
MX-LIFE.
3/18/2017 10:16pm
captmoto wrote:
Yeah, it sounded like a very short concession speech.
Lol he did smash the visor off his helmet! He hit the ground pretty hard he missed that tuff block! Maybe now he knows how JS7 felt.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
3/18/2017 10:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2017 10:40pm
Could be completey benign, but it certainly is new and different for Dungey. Verbally minimizing his lifes work seems like a declaration of a shift in focus that may be further along than once was thought.
THEOUTSIDER
3/18/2017 10:47pm
I have a Masters in psychology.

He was thinking, "People are thinking that I am freaking out so I will say this to set them at ease and try to sell them on the fact that I really don't place much value on this rare. LoL.
Not buying it.
Chugger
3/18/2017 11:50pm
I have a masters in masturbating. This is what I make of it...

Everyone seems to have forgotten last week and Dungey riding like his life depended on it and the uncharacteristical goggle throwing move. Clearly Dungey was feeling the heat and was 'super pissed'.

Roll on to this week... I'm saying he's trying to tell himself that it is just a damn dirt bike race and it doesn't really matter to relieve some of the heat and obvious pressure that comes with a deminishing points lead. Guys probably been beating himself up and everyone around him sees this and are telling him to just go out and ride that old dirtbike, forget about the championship and try and have some fun. Easier said than done!

I'm off to put my degree to good use just gotta find my fleshlight and some automatic transmission fluid...

Paul Donger PhD.
51xc
3/19/2017 12:32am
kzizok wrote:
Could be completey benign, but it certainly is new and different for Dungey. Verbally minimizing his lifes work seems like a declaration of a shift in...
Could be completey benign, but it certainly is new and different for Dungey. Verbally minimizing his lifes work seems like a declaration of a shift in focus that may be further along than once was thought.
well said. let's face it, he has won everything there is to win. he's a 3 time sx champ, what would a 4th title change in his life? absolutely nothing.
rancor19
3/19/2017 12:56am
51xc wrote:
well said. let's face it, he has won everything there is to win. he's a 3 time sx champ, what would a 4th title change in...
well said. let's face it, he has won everything there is to win. he's a 3 time sx champ, what would a 4th title change in his life? absolutely nothing.
Well, he doesn't have an MXGP title so,...
tek14
3/19/2017 2:22am
Sounds like RV2 when he was in his last season.. didn't want to risk it anymore but wanted to fill his deals.
I don't see him race 2018 and many would do same in his position.
51xc
3/19/2017 2:36am
51xc wrote:
well said. let's face it, he has won everything there is to win. he's a 3 time sx champ, what would a 4th title change in...
rancor19 wrote:
Well, he doesn't have an MXGP title so,...
you're missing the point.
3/19/2017 3:22am
I wish I was top five on my bad days.

He's got a smoking hot wife, healthy, and enough money to live well forever. He's literally living the dream. This is how he wins championships.
Crush
3/19/2017 4:29am
Racer111 wrote:
This is absolutely his last year after that statement! My guess is he retires, goes to work for Decoster and takes over when Decoster retires. Stamp...
This is absolutely his last year after that statement! My guess is he retires, goes to work for Decoster and takes over when Decoster retires. Stamp it!
I somewhat agree with your theory, something is up, he doesn't have the fight, speed, spunk....call it what you want but there's a very significant reason...
I somewhat agree with your theory, something is up, he doesn't have the fight, speed, spunk....call it what you want but there's a very significant reason as to why and my own personal belief is he's let the ship sail because he's retiring!!! That's what I'm telling myself anyway, for him to get dropped like that there has to be something in his head causing this!!!! That was hard to watch as a hardcore fan of his.
I feel like there is a bunch of ex-racers already working that position with a bunch of experience who'd be in line before Dungey.
Sargent Rock
3/19/2017 4:53am
Personally, I was embarrassed by his not well thought out answer with what I hope was one of the larger viewing audiences of the year. Who...
We are ALL flawed human beings. Every one of us.

Post a reply to: "It's just a dirt bike race" ???

The Latest