It's funny (2021 Champ)

skeef
Fantasy
1421st
How quiet Vital gets when the ship gets (pretty much) locked up by the less popular guy.
|
4/27/2021 12:24pm
Yeah it is pretty funny. Some have even gone as far as convincing themselves that Webb isn’t even that good and it’s just that Kenny is letting him win it.
Chippy
4/27/2021 12:24pm
"I just don't like the guy"
Coop is a phenomenal rider / racer and there's zero question, he just doesn't give off a personality worth being a fan of.
mxpro252
4/27/2021 1:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2021 1:50pm
Chippy wrote:
"I just don't like the guy" Coop is a phenomenal rider / racer and there's zero question, he just doesn't give off a personality worth being...
Coop is a phenomenal rider / racer and there's zero question, he just doesn't give off a personality worth being a fan of.
Pretty much where I’m at.

He definitely earned the championship this year. I don’t doubt that at all, but I have no idea why I don’t like him. Even right now, I can’t think of a solid reason why. Maybe it’s just stuff from the past I can’t vividly remember but left a bad impression.

The Shop

RalphS
4/27/2021 1:53pm
skeef wrote:
How quiet Vital gets when the ship gets (pretty much) locked up by the less popular guy.
When someone flats out obliterates the competition but isn't entertaining the crowd doesn't buy him like Schwarzenegger vs Coleman ... After all, it's show.
tuttle425
4/27/2021 2:00pm
I generally like the no nonsense, no flash guys. Hell, Stanton is my favorite rider ever. Not sure what it is about Coop that I don't like. Could be that he rides a KTM, but I like Anderson and Marv. Could be that he is well into his 20s and still tucks his ears into his hat. This is what makes fandom so great. Logic goes out the window.

However, I respect the hell out of his ability. It's been beyond impressive to see what he's done this year. He squeezes every single ounce of talent he has and just continues to perform.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
4/27/2021 2:21pm
I’m a Roczen fan, but I do not dislike Webb either. He’s a racer that has determination to win and has proven that he is the best guy on the track this year ! Nobody gave him anything, he’s earned this one all on his own !
mxb2
4/27/2021 2:25pm
tuttle425 wrote:
I generally like the no nonsense, no flash guys. Hell, Stanton is my favorite rider ever. Not sure what it is about Coop that I don't...
I generally like the no nonsense, no flash guys. Hell, Stanton is my favorite rider ever. Not sure what it is about Coop that I don't like. Could be that he rides a KTM, but I like Anderson and Marv. Could be that he is well into his 20s and still tucks his ears into his hat. This is what makes fandom so great. Logic goes out the window.

However, I respect the hell out of his ability. It's been beyond impressive to see what he's done this year. He squeezes every single ounce of talent he has and just continues to perform.
Reed is almost 40 and does it lol
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/27/2021 3:33pm
tuttle425 wrote:
I generally like the no nonsense, no flash guys. Hell, Stanton is my favorite rider ever. Not sure what it is about Coop that I don't...

The whole tucking the ears into the hat deal really depends on the hat. I have some snapbacks that have a shorter fit and I can wear them with my ears out. I have other snapbacks that have a taller fit and it pretty much forces you to wear it with your ears tucked in, otherwise your ears stick out and are pushed down like crazy.
SEEMEFIRST
4/27/2021 3:50pm
tuttle425 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
The whole tucking the ears into the hat deal really depends on the hat. I have some snapbacks that have a shorter fit and I can...
The whole tucking the ears into the hat deal really depends on the hat. I have some snapbacks that have a shorter fit and I can wear them with my ears out. I have other snapbacks that have a taller fit and it pretty much forces you to wear it with your ears tucked in, otherwise your ears stick out and are pushed down like crazy.
That's why they are adjustable.
ShawdowGlen
4/27/2021 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2021 3:53pm
I've liked Webb from the first time I saw him race back in the 250 days. Confident, tenacious, highly skilled...he lets his results speak for him. He's direct, takes responsibility for his mistakes and doesn't put up with any bullshit...and doesn't push any bullshit on others.

How can anyone not appreciate what this young man is capable of?

What I really like about him lately is that he's been caught unguarded by photogs taking the time to greet fans after the race and not flashing it all over social disease media. That's real.

One of my favorite moments....Coop jumping on Rogers back last year in San Diego after his win. That was almost out of character for him.

For the record, I was hoping KR would title as the sun is setting on him.....Webb is going to be at the top for a while....get used to it.
BogDogPenny
4/27/2021 3:53pm
Yeah it is pretty funny. Some have even gone as far as convincing themselves that Webb isn’t even that good and it’s just that Kenny is...
Yeah it is pretty funny. Some have even gone as far as convincing themselves that Webb isn’t even that good and it’s just that Kenny is letting him win it.
What I hear is that DeCoster told everyone not to race Coop. That is the only reason Webb has gotten this far
davistld01
4/27/2021 3:57pm
Chippy wrote:
"I just don't like the guy" Coop is a phenomenal rider / racer and there's zero question, he just doesn't give off a personality worth being...
Agreed. He's not exactly a Mookie or Deano...but he's a helluva rider,
motomike137
4/27/2021 4:03pm
When it's all said and done a riders personality off the bike doesn't hold much water for me. I am entertained by what goes on out on the track and Coop delivers. Maybe I like him a little bit more because so many don't like his chippy little attitude. Reminds me in an offhanded way of my very first favorite rider Bob Hurricane Hannah Wink
cason402
4/27/2021 4:11pm
skeef wrote:
could be the kind of people who like Coop aren't the talkers...

and the fanboys who like the Roczens and Tomacs are.

nothing to do with how many like Coop, just simply a different kind of people like Coop.

I like Coop, and don't think I need to defend the guy, the titles speak all that's necessary.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
4/27/2021 4:23pm
If Cooper was on any other bike other than under the KTM umbrella, he would be a fan favorite.

Imagine if he was on a Honda or Suzuki... Laughing
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
4/27/2021 4:25pm
Cooper's mentality and attitude reminds me of Reeds attitude when he was in his prime. either loved him or hate him.
4/27/2021 4:26pm
If Cooper was on any other bike other than under the KTM umbrella, he would be a fan favorite. Imagine if he was on a Honda...
If Cooper was on any other bike other than under the KTM umbrella, he would be a fan favorite.

Imagine if he was on a Honda or Suzuki... Laughing
He would still come across like a douche..
I’m torn because I looove watching him ride but can’t stand him on the podium or interviews etc.
He’s a damn badass on a bike tho!!
dge532
4/27/2021 4:51pm
When it's all said and done a riders personality off the bike doesn't hold much water for me. I am entertained by what goes on out...
When it's all said and done a riders personality off the bike doesn't hold much water for me. I am entertained by what goes on out on the track and Coop delivers. Maybe I like him a little bit more because so many don't like his chippy little attitude. Reminds me in an offhanded way of my very first favorite rider Bob Hurricane Hannah Wink
What he said👍
Ted722
4/27/2021 5:06pm
What do you want me to say?
mxridr
4/27/2021 5:06pm
Cooper can ride the tight supercross tracks better than anyone and that’s why he wins. He gives Mcgrath vibes with his supercoss skills , super precise especially the tight corners
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
4/27/2021 5:33pm
Ted722 wrote:
Whatever you want. This is a safe place.
Ted722
4/27/2021 5:39pm
Ted722 wrote:
skeef wrote:
Whatever you want. This is a safe place.
Just having fun...Roczen's question/statement to start his post race interview. Tongue

What was the question?
brocster
4/27/2021 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2021 6:10pm
tuttle425 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
The whole tucking the ears into the hat deal really depends on the hat. I have some snapbacks that have a shorter fit and I can...
Taller fit means sits taller on your head, not lower over your ears. I recently bought a FMF trucker hat, unknowingly until I received it, it’s a taller fit and not for me as I will not wear it tall on my head nor will I let it push my ears down or will I ever tuck my ears so I unstitched the patch and put the hat in our donate to goodwill/Salvation Army stash.

To each his own, but I think ball type caps were never meant to be worn over your ears...

Oops back to topic. Persistence and consistency paid off for Webb, not typically a fan, but he straight up won this title. I feel bad for Roczen as I thought this was his year but positivity alone is not going to get you there.
spimx
4/27/2021 6:05pm
None of the riders likes him either and doesn't seem like he respects another riders x girlfriend either
4/27/2021 6:11pm
spimx wrote:
None of the riders likes him either and doesn't seem like he respects another riders x girlfriend either
Jesus Christ kid, lol
fanger
4/27/2021 6:15pm
How could you not like Webb, dude is a straight up fucking badass and there's no bullshit with him. A lot of you will come around on him when his career is finished.
tuttle425
4/27/2021 6:39pm
tuttle425 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Reed is almost 40 and does it lol
And I can think of few riders I’ve ever disliked more than Chad Reed.
tuttle425
4/27/2021 6:41pm
tuttle425 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
brocster wrote:
Taller fit means sits taller on your head, not lower over your ears. I recently bought a FMF trucker hat, unknowingly until I received it, it’s...
Taller fit means sits taller on your head, not lower over your ears. I recently bought a FMF trucker hat, unknowingly until I received it, it’s a taller fit and not for me as I will not wear it tall on my head nor will I let it push my ears down or will I ever tuck my ears so I unstitched the patch and put the hat in our donate to goodwill/Salvation Army stash.

To each his own, but I think ball type caps were never meant to be worn over your ears...

Oops back to topic. Persistence and consistency paid off for Webb, not typically a fan, but he straight up won this title. I feel bad for Roczen as I thought this was his year but positivity alone is not going to get you there.
That’s when you give those tall hats away to people with big noggins.
Phil109
4/27/2021 6:45pm
Imagine not liking some professional Supercross rider by the way they wear their hat lmao. Please post your best hat pic next to his. Can’t wait.

Post a reply to: It's funny (2021 Champ)

The Latest