Its all about the factory RMZ 450

lucero10x
8/26/2010 8:09am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 10:15pm
The rims don't lie. That bike is "gold, Jerry, gold."

The other factories need to do some serious work to catch em.
|
DanDunes818
8/26/2010 9:23am
Yep.. You got to give all the credit to RC and the original RD. They obviously worked well together on building a dominant machine. When a bike has won all the titles it has and with three different riders you got to start thinking it might be the bike.
adamdf
8/26/2010 9:30am
Yep.. You got to give all the credit to RC and the original RD. They obviously worked well together on building a dominant machine. When a...
Yep.. You got to give all the credit to RC and the original RD. They obviously worked well together on building a dominant machine. When a bike has won all the titles it has and with three different riders you got to start thinking it might be the bike.
Might be the bike, might be the program, might be both, i think its a little bike and a lot program
Keith Stone
8/26/2010 9:42am
Yep.. You got to give all the credit to RC and the original RD. They obviously worked well together on building a dominant machine. When a...
Why wasn't Tortelli's name mentioned?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
8/26/2010 9:53am
It's the program - the mentality, the rider, the mechanic, the manager, the support crew, the resources, the focus, and the fact that they go into every championship and every race with the confidence of just knowing they can get it done.

The Shop

drummer dude
8/26/2010 10:23am
dont forget about reedy. he did great on the sazook....
Zildjian
8/26/2010 10:28am
Alessi also has his best results while on it.
bullpen58
8/26/2010 10:37am
TriRacer27 wrote:
It's the program - the mentality, the rider, the mechanic, the manager, the support crew, the resources, the focus, and the fact that they go into...
It's the program - the mentality, the rider, the mechanic, the manager, the support crew, the resources, the focus, and the fact that they go into every championship and every race with the confidence of just knowing they can get it done.

I agree 100%. All the factory bikes have the potential to be great - it's all that other stuff that gets wins and championships.
Keith Stone
8/26/2010 10:39am
TriRacer27 wrote:
It's the program - the mentality, the rider, the mechanic, the manager, the support crew, the resources, the focus, and the fact that they go into...

I'll agree.
lucero10x
8/26/2010 10:43am
TriRacer27 wrote:

bullpen58 wrote:
I agree 100%. All the factory bikes have the potential to be great - it's all that other stuff that gets wins and championships.
Is that why Desalle waxed everybody besides Dungey at Unadilla? I agree that it's a package deal and that is why I said "factory RMZ 450". But the Fact is that bike has made everybody on it better than they were before.
bullpen58
8/26/2010 10:47am
TriRacer27 wrote:

bullpen58 wrote:
lucero10x wrote:
Is that why Desalle waxed everybody besides Dungey at Unadilla? I agree that it's a package deal and that is why I said "factory RMZ 450"...
Is that why Desalle waxed everybody besides Dungey at Unadilla? I agree that it's a package deal and that is why I said "factory RMZ 450". But the Fact is that bike has made everybody on it better than they were before.
Why do I feel like you're trying to argue with me? Didn't we agree?
Adam43
8/26/2010 10:48am
It's interesting how its one of the most successful bikes in pro racing in recent memory, but Suzuki has sold almost none of the things. Lots of potential there obviously.
adamdf
8/26/2010 10:50am
bigdan1967 wrote:
I say it's GOOSE.....
Goose is part of the "program" we are all talking about so yes its part Goose too
DJ KC
Fantasy
462nd
8/26/2010 10:52am
Even Chad Reed say in the video interview on RacerX, that the factory Suzuki's are the best bikes out there.
lucero10x
8/26/2010 10:54am
bullpen58 wrote:
Why do I feel like you're trying to argue with me? Didn't we agree?
Just bustin your balls.
DanDunes818
8/26/2010 10:57am
Did Tortelli ever ride the RMZ? I may be forgetting something but I seem to only remember him on the RM 2 smoker.
DanDunes818
8/26/2010 11:07am
Adam43 wrote:
It's interesting how its one of the most successful bikes in pro racing in recent memory, but Suzuki has sold almost none of the things. Lots...
It's interesting how its one of the most successful bikes in pro racing in recent memory, but Suzuki has sold almost none of the things. Lots of potential there obviously.
I find Suzuki's lack of sales amazing. I've always ridden Zookers and I've always been used to being one of the few Zooks out at the track. Which was some what understandable back in the day w/their lack of national and sx successes. I quit racing seriously in 2001 and at the same time stopped going out to local races. Then in the summer of 2008 decided to start riding again and headed out to a local track out here to check out the scene and was amazed that even after all the recent success of Suzuki's there was still very few out at the races. In fact I counted three Suzuki's out at PIR at the Thursday night race I went to and two of them were 85cc's. There was one big bike and it was a two stroke. It was like 90% Hondas. So if you try telling me that National and SX wins and titles translates to bike sales I say BS. Honda's haven't won shit and the track was littered w/red bikes everywhere. Even with that being the case I still went out and bought a RMZ250.
CR250Rider
8/26/2010 11:14am
Goose + The Man = Championships
Sunhouse
8/26/2010 12:18pm
Adam43 wrote:
It's interesting how its one of the most successful bikes in pro racing in recent memory, but Suzuki has sold almost none of the things. Lots...
I find Suzuki's lack of sales amazing. I've always ridden Zookers and I've always been used to being one of the few Zooks out at the...
I find Suzuki's lack of sales amazing. I've always ridden Zookers and I've always been used to being one of the few Zooks out at the track. Which was some what understandable back in the day w/their lack of national and sx successes. I quit racing seriously in 2001 and at the same time stopped going out to local races. Then in the summer of 2008 decided to start riding again and headed out to a local track out here to check out the scene and was amazed that even after all the recent success of Suzuki's there was still very few out at the races. In fact I counted three Suzuki's out at PIR at the Thursday night race I went to and two of them were 85cc's. There was one big bike and it was a two stroke. It was like 90% Hondas. So if you try telling me that National and SX wins and titles translates to bike sales I say BS. Honda's haven't won shit and the track was littered w/red bikes everywhere. Even with that being the case I still went out and bought a RMZ250.
Might be an American phenomenon? Because in Europe KTM rules the GP´s AND bike sales. Americans always say "He should sign with Honda" etc. even though they haven´t won a thing in years. In fact, Tedesco, Short and Millsaps all complained about their factory bikes last year, and Tedesco did better on the Valli bike. Also, the stocker is shite apparently, yet everyone rides them - strange huh?
TeamGreen
8/26/2010 12:22pm
I'll put the majority of it on Roger, Ryan and the mgmnt at Suzuki Racing/Yoshimura.

But, hey, that's jus' me.
lucero10x
8/26/2010 12:26pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'll put the majority of it on Roger, Ryan and the mgmnt at Suzuki Racing/Yoshimura.

Yeah, together they have the baddest 450 out there. Not a stretch. Been that way for 5 years.
8/26/2010 12:33pm
Adam43 wrote:
I find Suzuki's lack of sales amazing. I've always ridden Zookers and I've always been used to being one of the few Zooks out at the...
Sunhouse wrote:
Might be an American phenomenon? Because in Europe KTM rules the GP´s AND bike sales. Americans always say "He should sign with Honda" etc. even though...
Might be an American phenomenon? Because in Europe KTM rules the GP´s AND bike sales. Americans always say "He should sign with Honda" etc. even though they haven´t won a thing in years. In fact, Tedesco, Short and Millsaps all complained about their factory bikes last year, and Tedesco did better on the Valli bike. Also, the stocker is shite apparently, yet everyone rides them - strange huh?
There are more Honda dealers around than Suzuki and since many are Gold Wing dealers they sell the dirt bike stuff cheaper just to move them out, the Suzuki dealers seem to try and sell them at suggested retail or at least down here they do.
TeamGreen
8/26/2010 12:44pm
TeamGreen wrote:

lucero10x wrote:
Yeah, together they have the baddest 450 out there. Not a stretch. Been that way for 5 years.
To be fair:

All of the 450s are pretty damn solid.

I get a kick outta hearin' how the Kawi's no good or the "Stock" Yamaha is crap...yada, yada, yada.

I rode a KTM 450, jus' recently, that was a "precursor" to their SX/SXS "kit" for 2011 ...it was as good as anything-else "works-level" that I've riden; furthermore, it handled "light" and was very forgiving. Their new forks(Those HUGE fat-things! That are AMAZINGLY LIGHT!) work as good as works KYB...and that's sayin' a lot. Also, the KTM's aren't gonna have any POWER issues...

On the other-hand: I do like the RMZs handling...more than any other.
mx295
8/26/2010 1:32pm
Did Tortelli ever ride the RMZ? I may be forgetting something but I seem to only remember him on the RM 2 smoker.
sesker15
8/26/2010 3:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2010 3:19pm
Check this out guys!!

jaeckle
8/26/2010 3:23pm
5 years of Suzuki dominance. Best team Manager. Best parts changer. Pure focus on the objective. WIN.

Never thought I would says the words but I think I'm buying a RMZ450 this winter.
KellyMac
8/26/2010 4:56pm
Factory Suzuki LTR450 (Same motor as the RMZ450), 5 national motocross titles in a row. Coincidence? I dont think so!
calimxer91
8/26/2010 4:59pm
When you got goose and roger d setting you're shit up ,all you have to do is ride.
8/26/2010 5:10pm
Zildjian wrote:
Alessi also has his best results while on it.
thought alessi went #2 in the outdoor on the KTM chasing GL8???

Post a reply to: Its all about the factory RMZ 450

The Latest