It was matter of time.. Pala Monster Jump

slipdog
7/14/2019 5:18pm
moto.tard wrote:
They probably should put a barrier up so people don't cut the track. But also, you know what youre doing when you do it. I didn't...
They probably should put a barrier up so people don't cut the track. But also, you know what youre doing when you do it. I didn't accidentally send that.

What kind of scumbag lawn darts themselves and sues the track? Like I would ever want any track to get shutdown. I was pissed when Speedworld AZ got shutdown cause the city screwed them into the ground.

It doesnt take skill to shift into 5th for a jump. I've sent jumps 130-140ft jumps at other tracks and in the dunes. 200ft was a new stretch for me and I didnt judge my speed right. My mistake. If Rookie White came up short or long on his 250ft quad, every keyboard warrior would be touting how he's an idiot and had no place sending that jump and blah blah blah.

Serious question, do you have a medical insurance policy?

I don't care one way or the other that you sent that monster but it's your insurance company that would sue on your behalf if you were really wrecked. You give them that right when you sign your policy.
nealb129
7/14/2019 5:19pm
So the "ahhhh" is that him or the person shooting the video??
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/14/2019 5:20pm
moto.tard wrote:
They probably should put a barrier up so people don't cut the track. But also, you know what youre doing when you do it. I didn't...
They probably should put a barrier up so people don't cut the track. But also, you know what youre doing when you do it. I didn't accidentally send that.

What kind of scumbag lawn darts themselves and sues the track? Like I would ever want any track to get shutdown. I was pissed when Speedworld AZ got shutdown cause the city screwed them into the ground.

It doesnt take skill to shift into 5th for a jump. I've sent jumps 130-140ft jumps at other tracks and in the dunes. 200ft was a new stretch for me and I didnt judge my speed right. My mistake. If Rookie White came up short or long on his 250ft quad, every keyboard warrior would be touting how he's an idiot and had no place sending that jump and blah blah blah.

slipdog wrote:
Serious question, do you have a medical insurance policy? I don't care one way or the other that you sent that monster but it's your insurance...

I don't care one way or the other that you sent that monster but it's your insurance company that would sue on your behalf if you were really wrecked. You give them that right when you sign your policy.
^^^ I'm definitely not a lawyer, but this is 100% correct.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
7/14/2019 5:36pm
moto.tard wrote:

Dude, just be glad that you walked away with only a broken wrist, bruising and soreness and let it be that. There’s plenty of skill that goes into jumping. Problem is that these bikes allow any dumbass willing to twist the throttle to jump as far as they want.

And if you knew the owners and the guys that run LACR like I do, you’d know that Rookie got in trouble for doing that jump and was told that if he wanted to continue jumping it, he could do it after the track was closed and parking lot was empty because they were worried about other riders getting landed on or hurt. Rookie was carrying so much speed that he had to use the next corner to slow down and jump into the parking lot.

The Shop

JM485
7/14/2019 6:06pm
Everyone talking shit should be required to post their IG for analysis so we can determine if they’re qualified to throwing shade.

Some people are senders and some aren’t, but if you can’t even clear all the jumps on the vet track then STFU.
omalley
7/14/2019 6:13pm
FerCzD wrote:
Not discrediting the rider for going after it, guy has nerve. But as in the past other members have stated how long until someone gets seriously...
Not discrediting the rider for going after it, guy has nerve. But as in the past other members have stated how long until someone gets seriously injured and sues the track ending up closing the facility. The best way to cut that risk is Pala putting something to block the long straight before the take off. Just my opinion
The best way to avoid it is people not being stupid enough to try stuff like that when they’re nowhere near capable. There’s only one person to blame for that crash, and he was riding that CRF.
Mr. Afterbar
7/14/2019 6:14pm
JM485 wrote:
Everyone talking shit should be required to post their IG for analysis so we can determine if they’re qualified to throwing shade. Some people are senders...
Everyone talking shit should be required to post their IG for analysis so we can determine if they’re qualified to throwing shade.

Some people are senders and some aren’t, but if you can’t even clear all the jumps on the vet track then STFU.
LaughingLaughing There’s thousands of people posting here with more skill than this guy, but also more brains.
Sully
7/14/2019 6:16pm
JM485 wrote:
Everyone talking shit should be required to post their IG for analysis so we can determine if they’re qualified to throwing shade. Some people are senders...

“Prove to me that you’ve cleared jumps way beyond your skill level, or shut the fuck up.” That’s pretty much what you just said.
Slipdog is right, dumbass may say he’d never sue a track, but his insurance company never agreed to that. Tribal land or not, a big enough lawsuit will get that track shut down in a heartbeat.
JM485
7/14/2019 6:44pm
JM485 wrote:

Sully wrote:
“Prove to me that you’ve cleared jumps way beyond your skill level, or shut the fuck up.” That’s pretty much what you just said. Slipdog is...
“Prove to me that you’ve cleared jumps way beyond your skill level, or shut the fuck up.” That’s pretty much what you just said.
Slipdog is right, dumbass may say he’d never sue a track, but his insurance company never agreed to that. Tribal land or not, a big enough lawsuit will get that track shut down in a heartbeat.
It’s more the fact that guys are pulling other posts from his IG and just ridiculing the guy way beyond the scope of the first post. You want to say the jump was dumb, fine, you probably have a valid point, but it’s gone pretty far beyond that at this point and it’s pretty lame. I also don’t think insurance will care if he was spinning laps or hucking a fat double, they don’t know the difference and in reality it doesn’t matter.

Either way I’m done, the more I post he stupider each subsequent post is going to be at this point so I’ll quit while I’m aheadLaughing
Vet57
7/14/2019 7:05pm
In 1973 I jumped over my 2 buddies lying down on my Schwinn Stingray...I had to get a run at it though.
7/14/2019 7:13pm
slipdog wrote:
Serious question, do you have a medical insurance policy? I don't care one way or the other that you sent that monster but it's your insurance...

You really think insurance companies care how big the jump is? What you said could be said for ANY motocross injury no matter how silly or how gnarly the crash was. When you see a downed rider on the track, are you immediately freaking out because that person's insurance "might" sue the track?

That being said, I still think people attempting jumps like this on a Vet track is kinda dumb and dangerous. While i don't really want more rules imposed on motocross, i think we could all agree that having to come from off track and hitting a 200ft gap on a vet track shouldn't be possible nor allowed. Main track? Fine. Do what you want. There typically are bigger jumps and the track is faster anyway, and the riders are faster and more skilled too.
rex.e
7/14/2019 7:19pm
Hes dumb enough to keep doing stupid stuff because he needs attention and likes from strangers, and will eventually eliminate himself from the gene pool.
He needs attention for sure.
greenmx5
7/14/2019 7:26pm
JM485 wrote:

So you have to be able to clear big jumps (or not clear them in this case) to have an opinion? If we went off of this, everyone in the media wouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on tomacs inconsistency because they've never gone his speed.
GIwasB4
7/14/2019 7:35pm
moto.tard wrote:

I fixed your screen name for you RE.TARD
moscrop940
7/14/2019 7:58pm
JM485 wrote:

I am terrible on a bicycle, absolutely terrible.....if I see a guy a little better than me attempt to do RedBull Rampage-esk trails and he wads himself, do I not get to say he had no right doing it and is an idiot for even trying?

One’s opinion is not limited to their skill set. It’s not like everyone here is critiquing Tomac’s corner speed. They are pointing out a guy with, based on his other IG videos, limited bike control should NOT be going for something of that size. Which is a 100% fair statement to be made....

Do I give this guy credit for sacking up? Sure. Took more stones than I have. But with that being said, if you are willing to post it on social media for the world to see, you are opening yourself up to ridicule just the same....

On a side note, what is troubling is this dude practically killed himself and his main concern seems to be wether a free rider is proud of him or not. No one’s opinion or praise (a free riders opinion none the less) is worth ending up in a wheel chair or dead.

I just hope this dude understands he got a major freebie and will ride as such in the future.
mxracer71
Fantasy
2449th
7/14/2019 8:01pm
slipdog wrote:

You really think insurance companies care how big the jump is? What you said could be said for ANY motocross injury no matter how silly or...
You really think insurance companies care how big the jump is? What you said could be said for ANY motocross injury no matter how silly or how gnarly the crash was. When you see a downed rider on the track, are you immediately freaking out because that person's insurance "might" sue the track?

That being said, I still think people attempting jumps like this on a Vet track is kinda dumb and dangerous. While i don't really want more rules imposed on motocross, i think we could all agree that having to come from off track and hitting a 200ft gap on a vet track shouldn't be possible nor allowed. Main track? Fine. Do what you want. There typically are bigger jumps and the track is faster anyway, and the riders are faster and more skilled too.
Plus a lot of us have kids that ride the vet track. So you have a spotter? what happens if someone is in the next lane and you wad it up and the bike goes flying into the next lane and hit someone flat in the chest/head and kills them? Whats your excuse then? I hate rules and regulations just like the next guy, making a smart decision is one thing but putting others in possible danger is another. Having the balls to hit something is one thing...having the skill to pull it off is another.
TomC31
7/14/2019 8:03pm
The American track owners need to stop this before someone dies! From my experience over there this is all a law suit waiting to happen ! People try and pretend to trip on the wet floor in Carl’s jr to get a payout, can you imagine if these guys snap themselves in half and can never work again? They aren’t going to take full accountability themselves, they will look for someway to get something and it will be the track!

They have no place in attempting it anyway, Axell and Hill have factory suspension to start with, without the fact they are far more skilled!
Hoks
7/14/2019 8:05pm
I have a 2017 Honda CRF 450 for sale... noticed you might want a new one.
wisey
Fantasy
1341st
7/14/2019 8:07pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
good luck suing through the tribal court.... i hope he tries it again riding double next time.
Sovereign Nation
Cali
7/14/2019 8:27pm
Danger boy jumped that on his 85
FIREfish148
7/14/2019 8:32pm
moto.tard wrote:

you do realize there's a big skill gap between you and rookie white though, right? just judging from insta vids... rookie is like a top intermediate guy and you are maybe like what? top 5 begginer, maybe? not even trying to diss at all i'm just saying it may be a little discrediting to rookie trying to compare like that. he executed his jump flawlessly, shit was beautiful.
Cali
7/14/2019 8:34pm
Vet57 wrote:
In 1973 I jumped over my 2 buddies lying down on my Schwinn Stingray...I had to get a run at it though.
Milk crate and 2x4?
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
7/14/2019 8:56pm
4 strokes are the worst thing to ever happen to this sport bar none
Sorry dude but thats sorta like blaming the gun. Its the person behind the trigger/throttle not the machine.
GIwasB4
7/14/2019 9:06pm
Hoks wrote:
I have a 2017 Honda CRF 450 for sale... noticed you might want a new one.
His Mom has that covered
7/14/2019 9:16pm
So it has been proven that moto tard is in fact a tard. This whole deal will sort itself out in due time. Just hope moto tard doesn’t hurt anyone else in the process
Brent
7/14/2019 9:39pm

from this kid's IG page.

His family mist be so proud.

Why do I get the feeling that MediCal will ending up paying for this kid's wheelchair and/ or vegetative hospice care someday?

Post a reply to: It was matter of time.. Pala Monster Jump

The Latest