It sure looked like RV jumped on RED

Motodave15
2/25/2012 9:20pm
Where is the photo of RV racing half a lap after his heat's checker flag?

It might just explain why he jumped...
Very true....i think because he was slightly sick and it may have messed with his peripheral vision....because it was really odd to see him charge after the checkers.
P
2/25/2012 9:24pm
It was a close call, that's for sure. It happened right in front of us. I thought that he was possibly going to land on the downed riders bike. He got lucky.

P
DavidR
2/25/2012 9:24pm
DavidR wrote:
Weird. It musta switched back to yellow after he landed and began to round the corner approaching the triple I guess? [img][IMG]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/yz2502stroke/photo-1.jpg[/IMG][/img]
Weird. It musta switched back to yellow after he landed and began to round the corner approaching the triple I guess?

[/img]
kongols wrote:
There is another set of lights on a triple about twenty feet ahead.
"There is another set of lights on a triple about ten feet ahead." You do see what's wrong with that right? He sees yellow in the corner and commits to the jump (which is legal under yellow) but then should have been able to get on the breaks while on the face of the triple? They had very little run up to that triple and once he commited when he saw yellow (which is legal) which the picture clearly shows, there's no way he has time to back out of the throttle when he sees red at the top of the triple.
kongols
2/25/2012 9:25pm
I remember all these people saying that certain rider was supposed to stop on a dime in order to not crash in to others, but RV cruises corner with two sets of lights and a flag and what I hear is that he didn`t have a time to react. Fucking hypocrisy of biblical proportions.

The Shop

-espionage-
Fantasy
1272nd
2/25/2012 9:28pm
kongols wrote:
I remember all these people saying that certain rider was supposed to stop on a dime in order to not crash in to others, but RV...
I remember all these people saying that certain rider was supposed to stop on a dime in order to not crash in to others, but RV cruises corner with two sets of lights and a flag and what I hear is that he didn`t have a time to react. Fucking hypocrisy of biblical proportions.
Do you expect anything less from RV fans?
copsey
2/25/2012 9:28pm
DavidR wrote:
Weird. It musta switched back to yellow after he landed and began to round the corner approaching the triple I guess? [img][IMG]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/yz2502stroke/photo-1.jpg[/IMG][/img]
Weird. It musta switched back to yellow after he landed and began to round the corner approaching the triple I guess?

[/img]
kongols wrote:
DavidR wrote:
"There is another set of lights on a triple about ten feet ahead." You do see what's wrong with that right? He sees yellow in the...
"There is another set of lights on a triple about ten feet ahead." You do see what's wrong with that right? He sees yellow in the corner and commits to the jump (which is legal under yellow) but then should have been able to get on the breaks while on the face of the triple? They had very little run up to that triple and once he commited when he saw yellow (which is legal) which the picture clearly shows, there's no way he has time to back out of the throttle when he sees red at the top of the triple.
The yellow before indicates the red on the jump is flashing from my understanding.
DavidR
2/25/2012 9:29pm
kongols wrote:
I remember all these people saying that certain rider was supposed to stop on a dime in order to not crash in to others, but RV...
You mean like your "funny" comment about RV being in the hospital that GuyB deleted right? If someone made a "funny" comment about James being in the hospital you'd have a melt down.
kongols
2/25/2012 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2012 9:29pm
DavidR wrote:
"There is another set of lights on a triple about ten feet ahead." You do see what's wrong with that right? He sees yellow in the...
He KNEW there is a hazard in front and he HAD TO look if there is a red lights. Why did everybody else after him went single single?
TerryK
2/25/2012 9:29pm
Half of you see the screen shot of the yellow lights on, and the other half choose not to see that shot.
kongols
2/25/2012 9:30pm
DavidR wrote:
You mean like your "funny" comment about RV being in the hospital that GuyB deleted right? If someone made a "funny" comment about James being in...
You mean like your "funny" comment about RV being in the hospital that GuyB deleted right? If someone made a "funny" comment about James being in the hospital you'd have a melt down.
You don`t even know what I wrote.! WTF
DavidR
2/25/2012 9:32pm
kongols wrote:
DavidR wrote:
copsey wrote:
The yellow before indicates the red on the jump is flashing from my understanding.
That doesn't make any sense. You see guys jumping on yellow all the time. How's a rider supposed to know when a yellow is just a yellow versus yellow indicating red is ahead? If that's the case, that's seriously flawed.
swood01
2/25/2012 9:32pm
kongols wrote:
[img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422906_245088548912847_100002351105526_526087_1840165520_n.jpg[/img]
Motodave15 wrote:
Thank you, yea it was yellow but switched to red at the top of the jump, he still had time to see it....even at race speed.....its...
Thank you, yea it was yellow but switched to red at the top of the jump, he still had time to see it....even at race speed.....its funny because even a few of the industry people in the pits after the race were talking about.
Plenty of time to abort from this photo. It will be interesting to see what happens if the Championship is won by 5 points???
copsey
2/25/2012 9:34pm
DavidR wrote:
copsey wrote:
DavidR wrote:
That doesn't make any sense. You see guys jumping on yellow all the time. How's a rider supposed to know when a yellow is just a...
That doesn't make any sense. You see guys jumping on yellow all the time. How's a rider supposed to know when a yellow is just a yellow versus yellow indicating red is ahead? If that's the case, that's seriously flawed.
Yellow flashing lights, not flag. No doubt confusing since the guy is waving the yellow flag at the same time.
Seb24
2/25/2012 9:36pm
kongols wrote:
DavidR wrote:
copsey wrote:
i Agreed.
lilbulld
2/25/2012 9:39pm
whatever light he could see going into the corner was red as red gets and noticed the flagger waving the yellow up the face, I noticed it during the race and actually braced myself a little for what was to come when he hit it full on, barely missed the downed rider coming off the track... As another mentioned, the issue is not just the safety of the downed rider but the guy hitting that triple, could be equally as bad for him, RV got very lucky & Stewart got the shaft on that deal
steve_97060
2/25/2012 9:39pm
I'm sure if it was Stewart who jumped on red everyone defending RV1 would be defending him also..

right? right??????
kongols
2/25/2012 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2012 9:49pm
DavidR wrote:
That doesn't make any sense. You see guys jumping on yellow all the time. How's a rider supposed to know when a yellow is just a...
Lights in a corner are not supposed to be red. They indicate that there is a serious hazard in front. He had to look up.

1. Yellow Flag Or Yellow Light:
Waving Yellow Flag or Yellow Flashing Lights: Indicates
serious hazard on or near the track.
• Passing is allowed
• Proceed with extreme caution.

He had to slow down. Red lights are placed at the beginning of the triple.

3. White Flag with Red Cross:
In Supercross this flag or a red flashing light may be
displayed at the beginning of a triple jump or a series of
jumps. The riders must roll each jump individually with no
passing and exercise extreme caution until they are past the
area of concern.
jmar
2/25/2012 9:44pm
All rules need to be enforced, no matter who the rider, and where he stands as far as his abilities, team or where he stands in the points. Those who are RV fans will argue all day long that he didn't break any rules. Those who don't like RV will say he did.

Reality is, it's real easy to run the camera's back and see if he did, or didn't. Nothing should over the facts, and if he did, he or anyone else should be penalized. If he didn't, then the video should show that.

Rules should apply to everyone, and there should be no over rides by the scancioning body.
ocscottie
2/25/2012 9:47pm
Ill cut the vid clip out after this UFC fight is over Jim.
DavidR
2/25/2012 9:48pm
DavidR wrote:
kongols wrote:
Lights in a corner are not supposed to be red. They indicate that there is a serious hazard in front. He had to look up. 1...
Lights in a corner are not supposed to be red. They indicate that there is a serious hazard in front. He had to look up.

1. Yellow Flag Or Yellow Light:
Waving Yellow Flag or Yellow Flashing Lights: Indicates
serious hazard on or near the track.
• Passing is allowed
• Proceed with extreme caution.

He had to slow down. Red lights are placed at the beginning of the triple.

3. White Flag with Red Cross:
In Supercross this flag or a red flashing light may be
displayed at the beginning of a triple jump or a series of
jumps. The riders must roll each jump individually with no
passing and exercise extreme caution until they are past the
area of concern.
Looks like you copied some rules and then added your own commentary of "he had to slow down." Where does it state in the rules you copied that "he had to slow down."
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
2/25/2012 9:49pm
jmar wrote:
All rules need to be enforced, no matter who the rider, and where he stands as far as his abilities, team or where he stands in...
All rules need to be enforced, no matter who the rider, and where he stands as far as his abilities, team or where he stands in the points. Those who are RV fans will argue all day long that he didn't break any rules. Those who don't like RV will say he did.

Reality is, it's real easy to run the camera's back and see if he did, or didn't. Nothing should over the facts, and if he did, he or anyone else should be penalized. If he didn't, then the video should show that.

Rules should apply to everyone, and there should be no over rides by the scancioning body.
Are you saying that Santa Clause is real.....?Wink
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
2/25/2012 9:49pm
It's pretty simple. They need to have a written penalty. Then the riders can decide if the penalty is worth the advantage of ignoring the hazard warning. There is zero chance he didn't see the lights. He made a decision that his position was more important than the safety of the down rider. Even if you argue there was a yellow flag, and he was committed, then he wasn't even following the rules of the yellow flag of ride with caution and not a totally committed speed that you can't deviate. The penalty needs to be severe enough that the safety is more important than any advantage you can gain if you choose to ignore the warning. If its only a monetary penalty, they will just pay as the money means nothing to the top riders. They probably will even have it in their contract that the team pays the fine so there is a better chance at winning. Bottom line is safety has to be the priority.
Of course this is just one persons opinion.
kongols
2/25/2012 9:50pm
DavidR wrote:
Looks like you copied some rules and then added your own commentary of "he had to slow down." Where does it state in the rules you...
Looks like you copied some rules and then added your own commentary of "he had to slow down." Where does it state in the rules you copied that "he had to slow down."
You can`t roll singles if you don`t slow down, right?
jmar
2/25/2012 9:52pm
jmar wrote:
All rules need to be enforced, no matter who the rider, and where he stands as far as his abilities, team or where he stands in...

AZ35 wrote:
Are you saying that Santa Clause is real.....?Wink
What I am saying is, it shouldn't matter who someone is, or if they were already committed. The rule is the rule, and it should be enforced no matter who that rider is. Same rule for everyone, even when it wasn't the riders fault.

That's the only fair way.
drmarkr
2/25/2012 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2012 9:56pm
500guy wrote:
Looked very clear the lights were flashing before he went around the corner.

Cost James big time
jmar wrote:
Five pages in one hour.

That has to be some type of record.
Seven in two hours....we're breaking records right and left....

with the lights on, mind you! (edit: make that eight!)
gharmon
2/25/2012 9:56pm
wmapop700 wrote:
Just watched it again in slow mo. clearly jumped on the flashing red and almost landed on the rider who went down. they james had to...
Just watched it again in slow mo. clearly jumped on the flashing red and almost landed on the rider who went down.
they james had to roll the section. wonder why they did not really look at that.
Was he already committed to the jump when it was red? It's one thing to see it in slow motion and another at race speed.
This!! I was sitting right in front of the landing of that triple. I was watching the Dungey and Poto battle and it all happened so fast I could easily seeing him more concentrated on catching dungey and not paying attenion to some light. Whether the lights were on or not it was close. And no i'm not an RV nut eater either!!
ocscottie
2/25/2012 9:58pm
500guy wrote:
Looked very clear the lights were flashing before he went around the corner.

Cost James big time
jmar wrote:
Five pages in one hour.

That has to be some type of record.
drmarkr wrote:
Seven in two hours....we're breaking records right and left....

with the lights on, mind you! (edit: make that eight!)
I dont think it is even close, the "why" thread was like a wildfire LOL
dkg
2/25/2012 9:58pm
jmar wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Lets see in the last three weeks, people riding the race line for approx 80% of a lap while being blue flagged, a take out pass and altercation on the track & shenanigans in the starting gate and now jumping on the red. AMA response is to issue a $500 fine to the take out pass and altercation.

Kind of makes one wonder if there are rules that are being missed such as:

Rule 1. "Riders can do what ever they want as it is too much trouble for the AMA to deal with all the whining and complaining caused by rule enforcement."

Rule 2: "Take out passing is permitted as long as the riders get into it on the track afterwards. Reminds us a little of UFC or WWF and both of those sports rake in the cash."

Rule 3: "Do anything you want behind the starting gate, just make a deposit of $1000 before the season begins and your infractions will be overlooked. This rule will be known as the "Hole Shot contribution".
jmar
2/25/2012 10:00pm
wmapop700 wrote:
Just watched it again in slow mo. clearly jumped on the flashing red and almost landed on the rider who went down. they james had to...
Just watched it again in slow mo. clearly jumped on the flashing red and almost landed on the rider who went down.
they james had to roll the section. wonder why they did not really look at that.
Was he already committed to the jump when it was red? It's one thing to see it in slow motion and another at race speed.
gharmon wrote:
This!! I was sitting right in front of the landing of that triple. I was watching the Dungey and Poto battle and it all happened so...
This!! I was sitting right in front of the landing of that triple. I was watching the Dungey and Poto battle and it all happened so fast I could easily seeing him more concentrated on catching dungey and not paying attenion to some light. Whether the lights were on or not it was close. And no i'm not an RV nut eater either!!
That put's the enforcement of the rule back into the hands of those who can make a decision in favor of a preferred team or rider.

The rider either did, or didn't jump on Red. And the rule should be enforced the exact same for any situation.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/25/2012 10:01pm
James was pissed about it after the race. The word I got was that he was committed when they clicked on.

Post a reply to: It sure looked like RV jumped on RED

The Latest