It sure looked like RV jumped on RED

MX455
2/25/2012 8:37pm
Mstock wrote:
RV did not gain position. The down rider/medic were not in danger. Stewart was so far back it made zero difference to the racing.
did you really just say the down rider wasn't in danger??? what race did you watch?
kongols
2/25/2012 8:38pm
Mstock wrote:
RV did not gain position. The down rider/medic were not in danger. Stewart was so far back it made zero difference to the racing.
At that point Stewart was two seconds behind Villopoto and gaining. It made a huge difference.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
Mstock wrote:
3 secs behind RV is not close?
-espionage-
Fantasy
1272nd
The yellow flags in the corner before the jump should have told him to look up at the lights. Does anyone know when the red lights were turned on? If they were turned on while he was in the corner then yes he should be penalized but if they were turned on while he was going up the face of the jump then he's in the clear.

The Shop

kongols
2/25/2012 8:39pm
Outsider wrote:
There was a yellow flag and yellow lights in the corner right before the jump which was right out of that corner. Seems contradictory to have...
There was a yellow flag and yellow lights in the corner right before the jump which was right out of that corner. Seems contradictory to have those two things only a few feet from the triple and then expect a guy to hit the brakes on the face of the triple after turning and having red lights.... no time figure out what's going on. Should have been red cross flags in the corner.
pilotdude wrote:
Agree.
DavidR wrote:
I agree with your agreement.
Oh man...
2/25/2012 8:39pm
Fair enough but the person who posted that message just incited something that was totally unnecessary for this thread. That's why I wrote that it was...
Fair enough but the person who posted that message just incited something that was totally unnecessary for this thread. That's why I wrote that it was uncalled for. No one was talking about JS.

I was at Unadilla for the only outdoor race JS rode that year (2010). I heard all that nonsense too and I had taken my son. I guess for me I just don't see the connection to what that poster wrote and the discussion going on in this thread concerning an incident with RV.
MX455 wrote:
I completely agree and just reacted.
I'm mixed AA and Filipino so I guess I'm a little sensitive to when race is brought into the convo that had nothing to do with what we're discussing. Sorry to get a little defensive.

At Unadilla, I was completely disgusted with some of the stuff I heard. At one point, I needed to take my son to the bathroom and as we were walking there was this kid completely making out with his GF. As we passed this kid noticed my son watching as these two were making a spectacle of themselves and this idiot proceeded to flip off my son. My son was 5 at the time. Some people reflect poorly on the sport as someone said above.
jmar
2/25/2012 8:41pm
Six pages in less than an hour!

Jay is the freaking king.
MX455
2/25/2012 8:43pm
I'm mixed AA and Filipino so I guess I'm a little sensitive to when race is brought into the convo that had nothing to do with...
I'm mixed AA and Filipino so I guess I'm a little sensitive to when race is brought into the convo that had nothing to do with what we're discussing. Sorry to get a little defensive.

At Unadilla, I was completely disgusted with some of the stuff I heard. At one point, I needed to take my son to the bathroom and as we were walking there was this kid completely making out with his GF. As we passed this kid noticed my son watching as these two were making a spectacle of themselves and this idiot proceeded to flip off my son. My son was 5 at the time. Some people reflect poorly on the sport as someone said above.
WOW, I may have ripped the finger right off his hand. I've been going to dilla for a while now and I can say the staff has done a great job at calming things down, but that would have ended with me being thrown out.
Outsider
2/25/2012 8:44pm
pilotdude wrote:
Agree.
DavidR wrote:
kongols wrote:
Oh man...
Steve Matthes ‏ @pulpmx
It was ruling of AMA that RV didn't have enuff time to react to red flashing light
kongols
2/25/2012 8:47pm
DavidR wrote:
kongols wrote:
Oh man...
Outsider wrote:
Steve Matthes ‏ @pulpmx
It was ruling of AMA that RV didn't have enuff time to react to red flashing light
This bullshit tops Peick/Faith bullshit. What a disgrace.
andymoto
2/25/2012 8:48pm
jndmx wrote:
I'm only reading it for the inevitable meltdowns.
X2...hehehe.
2/25/2012 8:49pm
I'm mixed AA and Filipino so I guess I'm a little sensitive to when race is brought into the convo that had nothing to do with...

MX455 wrote:
WOW, I may have ripped the finger right off his hand. I've been going to dilla for a while now and I can say the staff...
WOW, I may have ripped the finger right off his hand. I've been going to dilla for a while now and I can say the staff has done a great job at calming things down, but that would have ended with me being thrown out.
Not to derail this thread but are you going to Unadilla this year? I'm trying to decide whether to go there or go to another venue where I haven't been before such as Southwick or Budds Creek? Since you are from the Northeast, have you been to some of the other nationals?
copsey
2/25/2012 8:49pm
The yellow lights in the corner are supposed to indicate that the red lights are flashing on the jump. If the lights are on when he is coming into the corner, how can he not slow down to roll as the rule states?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
2/25/2012 8:52pm
Chad Reed ‏ @CRtwotwo

@pulpmx light was very RED...

I guess that's Chads opinion.

It doesn't matter though, they can dock him whatever they want and he is still going to dominate this season. lol
Yaya
Fantasy
2508th
2/25/2012 8:54pm
NEWS FLASH.....WHO GIVES A FLYING F ABOUT THIS?????
jmar
2/25/2012 8:56pm
Honestly

RV either jumped on Red, and you don't care, or he didn't. Which is it?

It's all on video for everyone to see.
kongols
I fucking lol at a hypocrisy of RV fans. This is laughable.
MX455
Not to derail this thread but are you going to Unadilla this year? I'm trying to decide whether to go there or go to another venue...
Not to derail this thread but are you going to Unadilla this year? I'm trying to decide whether to go there or go to another venue where I haven't been before such as Southwick or Budds Creek? Since you are from the Northeast, have you been to some of the other nationals?
I love Southwick because I've ridden it sooooo many times but Undilla is a lot more spectator friendly. I'm not sure about Budds but I have heard great things.
Outsider
2/25/2012 8:57pm
Yaya wrote:
The guy in Latvia is very upset!! 500guy caught well over the limit tonight....
kongols
2/25/2012 8:57pm
It`s 07.00 in a morning here and I haven`t slept but this thread will keep me going for another two.
MX455
2/25/2012 8:59pm
kongols wrote:
It`s 07.00 in a morning here and I haven`t slept but this thread will keep me going for another two.
Good luck because I'm off to bed.
the_wood109
2/25/2012 9:03pm
Yaya wrote:
He did almost land on the guy that was down, so it's worth talking about.

I didn't even see the lights so i have no opinion, but it is a worthy discussion.
Motodave15
2/25/2012 9:03pm
Was at the race, sitting in the rhythm section before that triple....lights went red, as he was in the air off of the single into the corner...now he had ample time to slow down...the whole stadium saw it and it was the chatter in the crowd.....anyhoo, my thoughts on it, is that if it was a different rider/ different poster boy they would have followed the rules and penalized him!

But we all know the ama doesn't follow the rules and does as they please, hence: pieck incident, gas gate, and that whole dv12 debacle with windham
BobbyM
2/25/2012 9:10pm
kongols wrote:
I fucking lol at a hypocrisy of RV fans. This is laughable.
Sir...you need to take a break from the keyboard. Really sir....think about it.
DavidR
2/25/2012 9:10pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Was at the race, sitting in the rhythm section before that triple....lights went red, as he was in the air off of the single into the...
Was at the race, sitting in the rhythm section before that triple....lights went red, as he was in the air off of the single into the corner...now he had ample time to slow down...the whole stadium saw it and it was the chatter in the crowd.....anyhoo, my thoughts on it, is that if it was a different rider/ different poster boy they would have followed the rules and penalized him!

But we all know the ama doesn't follow the rules and does as they please, hence: pieck incident, gas gate, and that whole dv12 debacle with windham
Weird. It musta switched back to yellow after he landed and began to round the corner approaching the triple I guess?

[/img]
kongols
2/25/2012 9:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2012 9:14pm
DavidR wrote:
Weird. It musta switched back to yellow after he landed and began to round the corner approaching the triple I guess? [img][IMG]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/yz2502stroke/photo-1.jpg[/IMG][/img]
Weird. It musta switched back to yellow after he landed and began to round the corner approaching the triple I guess?

[/img]
There is another set of lights on a triple about twenty feet ahead.
steve_97060
2/25/2012 9:12pm
I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning..

this is what makes our podunk sport so great...
Motodave15
2/25/2012 9:17pm
kongols wrote:
[img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422906_245088548912847_100002351105526_526087_1840165520_n.jpg[/img]
Thank you, yea it was yellow but switched to red at the top of the jump, he still had time to see it....even at race speed.....its funny because even a few of the industry people in the pits after the race were talking about.
Hank_Thrill
2/25/2012 9:17pm
Where is the photo of RV racing half a lap after his heat's checker flag?

It might just explain why he jumped...

Post a reply to: It sure looked like RV jumped on RED

The Latest