It really is a shame Herlings or Cairoli did not stay another week to and race the MEC

JLM#144
10/10/2018 5:57pm

He looked pretty good on an sx track when he rode 250s
bama205
10/10/2018 5:58pm
stone881 wrote:
Its called Monster Energy Cup, why would any Red Bull rider go to that? Kind of like Monster riders going to Red Bull Straight Rhythm, ain't...
Its called Monster Energy Cup, why would any Red Bull rider go to that? Kind of like Monster riders going to Red Bull Straight Rhythm, ain't happening.
isnt supercross called monster energy supercross?
St Ann More
10/10/2018 11:03pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2018 11:04pm
He looked pretty good on the SX track because by a number of accounts, he was!

Everyone remembers him eating shit, most forget DV specifically stating that on the stop watch, he was on par with Musquin.

If Herlings wanted to do SX, he'd be more than capable of challenging for wins if he committed!

The Shop

TeamFlannel
10/10/2018 11:24pm
Fuck the mec. One of the many reasons we GOT SMOKED Sunday. SX is SO Ghey.
Bearuno
10/11/2018 12:32am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2018 12:34am
Bonanza69 wrote:
Gajser is the reason.Tongue
And , by that example, you'd have to include Tomac and Bogles last years performances.

As I've written before - neither of those 2 SX experts got through last years MEC.

You blokes really do have selective memories.

keinz
10/11/2018 2:56am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2018 3:00am
Watching those videos I wouldn't surprised at all that he can win the mil. But like he stated after MXDN. Enouhf for this season. I.m goin to enjoy hamburgers and beer for some time from here. I thik dude already has so many millions in his bank account that the lokal bank can't handle it any more
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
10/11/2018 3:06am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2018 3:12am
Yeah, theres alot of sand on this track. But he did most of his damage on the jumps in my opinion. He is so good at absorbing speed

RG1
10/11/2018 3:52am
Bonanza69 wrote:
Rs444 wrote:
Bro gajser who never ever ever had ridden an sx track was 5th going forward until he crashed, i Think he would have ended up at...
Bro gajser who never ever ever had ridden an sx track was 5th going forward until he crashed, i Think he would have ended up at least top 3 if had stayed on 2 wheels he was ahead of a bunch of fast americans who have ridden sx all their lives so its hard to imagine herlings doing worse than him
Park Boys wrote:
Umm Gasjer was not going forward at the time and it wasn't a stacked field that year. The days of guys showing up to SX events...
Umm Gasjer was not going forward at the time and it wasn't a stacked field that year. The days of guys showing up to SX events and doing well or even qualifying is dead. It's the most specialized of the two. It's too diffrerent now days and the MEC dosent have whoops which would help but they would still be in for a world of hurt and there is no upside to it. Watching Herlings/AC struggle would not help there image/brand or the FIM. Would be a big blow right after the MxDN.
It's still riding a motocross bike. It's not rocket science. There are riders who aren't even half as good/talented as those guys making SX main event each week. I think that Herlings especially would make the switch quite comfortably
RG1
10/11/2018 3:54am
stone881 wrote:
Its called Monster Energy Cup, why would any Red Bull rider go to that? Kind of like Monster riders going to Red Bull Straight Rhythm, ain't...
Its called Monster Energy Cup, why would any Red Bull rider go to that? Kind of like Monster riders going to Red Bull Straight Rhythm, ain't happening.
Red bull rider won the million last year
mxb2
10/11/2018 6:22am
Bonanza69 wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
And , by that example, you'd have to include Tomac and Bogles last years performances. As I've written before - neither of those 2 SX experts...
And , by that example, you'd have to include Tomac and Bogles last years performances.

As I've written before - neither of those 2 SX experts got through last years MEC.

You blokes really do have selective memories.

And they have 250 titles, tomac. Numerous sx wins.
c0ncEpT
10/11/2018 6:31am
I honestly think Herlings would do great at MEC.

He has openly said that he hates whoops and seems to crash in them all the time.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
10/11/2018 4:53pm
Rs444 wrote:
Bro gajser who never ever ever had ridden an sx track was 5th going forward until he crashed, i Think he would have ended up at...
Bro gajser who never ever ever had ridden an sx track was 5th going forward until he crashed, i Think he would have ended up at least top 3 if had stayed on 2 wheels he was ahead of a bunch of fast americans who have ridden sx all their lives so its hard to imagine herlings doing worse than him
Park Boys wrote:
Umm Gasjer was not going forward at the time and it wasn't a stacked field that year. The days of guys showing up to SX events...
Umm Gasjer was not going forward at the time and it wasn't a stacked field that year. The days of guys showing up to SX events and doing well or even qualifying is dead. It's the most specialized of the two. It's too diffrerent now days and the MEC dosent have whoops which would help but they would still be in for a world of hurt and there is no upside to it. Watching Herlings/AC struggle would not help there image/brand or the FIM. Would be a big blow right after the MxDN.
TMV wrote:
Trolling... Your SX/MX champ (who ended on the ground even before Gasjer), his runner up (who won a the million) just to name a few. https://www.supercrosslive.com/riders/450sx...
Trolling...

Your SX/MX champ (who ended on the ground even before Gasjer), his runner up (who won a the million) just to name a few.

https://www.supercrosslive.com/riders/450sx

If this is not a stacked field, there's no stacked field in the US. Or maybe you just think these guys aren't that good.
How is it trolling? I like Gasjer a lot. I wanted him to do well but seeing him looks sketchy as hell and then eat shit in my opinion put a nail in the coffin to him coming stateside. On one hand someone like you would probably try and say SX is so diffrerent it should be a diffrerent sport then try and say I'm trolling when i bring up the fact that SX is way diffrerent? MEC is usually missing some players and it was that year as well. Hence me saying not stacked. Plus i have never mentioned or will not mention Cairolis name in an actual troll post.
RangerLee
10/11/2018 6:21pm
The MEC might as well be called the "C" final as the fastest riders will not be there, only some of the AMA guys.
Nuffsaid
10/11/2018 6:44pm
Meaningless carnival attraction.
cable
10/11/2018 8:15pm
once you set your bike up for the whoops everything changes. steering,traction,etc.
cjg23307
10/11/2018 8:22pm
[i]Watching Herlings/AC struggle would not help there image/brand or the FIM.[/i] the dude came last minute to Iron man , tested one day on canards bike...
Watching Herlings/AC struggle would not help there image/brand or the FIM.

the dude came last minute to Iron man , tested one day on canards bike and did amazing on a track he never raced before .

lot of possible excuses and things that could go wrong or bad , but herlings did it and now you come up with this shit ... TongueTongue

you start to sound,like Average Joe Tongue pathetic ....
Herlings is probably the fastest rider in motocross I’ll give you that, but supercross is completely different I’m sure herlings could come over and get top 5 but no way in his first supercross race is he going to come over and beat Tomac, mm25, ja21 in his first race out.
10/12/2018 4:46am
cjg23307 wrote:
Herlings is probably the fastest rider in motocross I’ll give you that, but supercross is completely different I’m sure herlings could come over and get top...
Herlings is probably the fastest rider in motocross I’ll give you that, but supercross is completely different I’m sure herlings could come over and get top 5 but no way in his first supercross race is he going to come over and beat Tomac, mm25, ja21 in his first race out.
totally agree with you , for me it was about Watching Herlings/AC struggle would not help there image/brand or the FIM. .. not about performance , as you are right ..would take some time like every other rider coming over ...
greenmx5
10/12/2018 5:11am
Why do people keep saying this? It would be a waste of time for both of them. They're definitely not winning the million let alone even a main event. It would be the same as the MXDN, but with the roles reversed. They might finish in the top 5, but they're not beating our guys on a hybrid SX track.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
10/12/2018 9:03am
I've "rolled" an AMA Supercross track and it scared me, LOL. I've "ridden" an amateur SX track which I thought was a lot of fun, but it is WAY different than MX. The precision and technical aspects of it compared to brute speed and strength of MX are really far a part. But the main difference I want to point out is, it's one thing to "ride" a SX track, it's a whole 'nother story to "race" a SX track, let alone some of the best in the world on the track bar to bar, 3 wide on a narrow jumpy track. I have no doubt that if given enough time JH and AC could compete and win at SX. But thinking they would just drop in after MXoN and take home a million $$ is ridiculous. Bike set up, riding technique, etc are worlds a part when it comes to actually competing for wins.
therealhammer
10/12/2018 9:06am
stone881 wrote:
All Red Bull riders are welcome to go to monster cup.. the idea that riders don't show up to events with other energy drink sponsors is idiotic. Every race in the world has one energy drink or another attached to it.

Post a reply to: It really is a shame Herlings or Cairoli did not stay another week to and race the MEC

The Latest