Issues with Silverlight

Ripper02
Edited Date/Time 5/22/2012 2:05pm
Is anyone having problems with silverlight right now? It was working great for me last night but now I cant get it to work. Just wondering if its just my computer or if anyone else had the same issues
|
Dano39
5/21/2012 5:57pm
I tried just so I could give you some feedback....

After awhile(Starting... ) I get to where I can select video's but this happens...

I get the spinning thingie with the message: "We're trying to reconnect you to the action. This is a temporary issue that should be resolved soon." Then that goes to: "An error has occurred while accessing your video. You can click Retry below to try and reconnect to your video, or select a new video."

No matter what video I select it's the same over and over, so yes, issues here to.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
5/21/2012 6:52pm
Dano39 wrote:
I tried just so I could give you some feedback.... After awhile(Starting... ) I get to where I can select video's but this happens... I get...
I tried just so I could give you some feedback....

After awhile(Starting... ) I get to where I can select video's but this happens...

I get the spinning thingie with the message: "We're trying to reconnect you to the action. This is a temporary issue that should be resolved soon." Then that goes to: "An error has occurred while accessing your video. You can click Retry below to try and reconnect to your video, or select a new video."

No matter what video I select it's the same over and over, so yes, issues here to.
I had the same problem Saturday. Probably one of those accidental/intentional land mines left by the M$ programmers to punish anyone foolish enough to use Firefox or Chrome
Dano39
5/21/2012 7:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2012 7:13pm
I don't know about your computer Reese but mines a bit long in the saddle:

Built in 2006, Windows XP service pack 2, AMD dual core Athlon 3800+, 1 Gig ram, GeForce 7800 Video card w/256 Mb's ram, running Firefox 3.6.3 on a connection tested as 9.86 Mbps download / 1.0 Mbps upload by speedtest.net

It's still nimble for all my internet needs, which is it's sole purpose. I built another that smokes this recently, but ti sits out in the living room idle 95% of the time.

Anyway, just giving you my specs as the race feed the other day on this computer was real good. Better than the previous year's Flash based player. Good luck.

The Shop

bg22
Fantasy
3050th
5/21/2012 7:35pm
I was trying to watch to watch the archived motos all day and just gave up :sad:
tobz
5/21/2012 7:44pm
Dano39 wrote:
I don't know about your computer Reese but mines a bit long in the saddle: Built in 2006, Windows XP service pack 2, AMD dual core...
I don't know about your computer Reese but mines a bit long in the saddle:

Built in 2006, Windows XP service pack 2, AMD dual core Athlon 3800+, 1 Gig ram, GeForce 7800 Video card w/256 Mb's ram, running Firefox 3.6.3 on a connection tested as 9.86 Mbps download / 1.0 Mbps upload by speedtest.net

It's still nimble for all my internet needs, which is it's sole purpose. I built another that smokes this recently, but ti sits out in the living room idle 95% of the time.

Anyway, just giving you my specs as the race feed the other day on this computer was real good. Better than the previous year's Flash based player. Good luck.
Wow needs more ram ASAP.

Firefox, worked fine for me, no hiccups, but it's a relatively new i7.
motogrady
5/22/2012 5:27am
Total loss for this guy.
Silverlight loaded but then just sat there.
Loaded it again, same thing. I just gave up on it.
2 days later I watched a jerky highlights show that 'bout gave me a headache.
But go to the front page and every ad on it blinks, and jumps, and is crystal clear.

Sad is the day you need to be a certified computer geek just to watch a freaking motocross.

And blocking the utube stuff, ultra lame, greedy effing thing to do. Bad taste.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
5/22/2012 5:54am
Silverlight+iPad/iPhone=No Go.

Given that Adobe locked out the iPad, I'd think M$ would be quick to seize the opportunity. Dry
bg22
Fantasy
3050th
5/22/2012 7:06am
Silverlight is still a POS. I have and i7, windows 7, 4g ram laptop and still having issues. Verizon better get me my DVR fast because I still have been able to watch the 1st motos.
chillrich
5/22/2012 7:19am

Same thing this morning, my son has determined EPIC FAIL
djc
5/22/2012 7:55am
yeah i been having the same issue. This player sucks. I got it to work for a few minutes yesterday then it just stopped working saying there was a issue and they are trying to get it to work or something. I sent a emial to the website.
chillrich
5/22/2012 10:08am
Nice technology, they should have banner ads and allow it to be posted on Youtube, advertisers get their exposure, fans get to watch the program
layinbody31
5/22/2012 12:12pm
I watched the LIVE stream and the Silverlight worked fine for me, keeping an HD picture the whole time save for a few times when it had to buffer and then started back up in a lower resolution before switching back into HD.

However now when I try to watch archived stuff I get the same error as everybody else Sad

Can we get a better explanation on how to minimize the twitter bar? I couldn't find any button that did it... The 'full screen button just made the task bar go away and still kept the twitter bar and highlight bar
kongols
5/22/2012 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2012 12:20pm
I watched the LIVE stream and the Silverlight worked fine for me, keeping an HD picture the whole time save for a few times when it...
I watched the LIVE stream and the Silverlight worked fine for me, keeping an HD picture the whole time save for a few times when it had to buffer and then started back up in a lower resolution before switching back into HD.

However now when I try to watch archived stuff I get the same error as everybody else Sad

Can we get a better explanation on how to minimize the twitter bar? I couldn't find any button that did it... The 'full screen button just made the task bar go away and still kept the twitter bar and highlight bar
Just push the button "expand" and that`s it. Fullscreen button is right next to it.
Ish
5/22/2012 12:40pm
bg22 wrote:
Silverlight is still a POS. I have and i7, windows 7, 4g ram laptop and still having issues. Verizon better get me my DVR fast because...
Silverlight is still a POS. I have and i7, windows 7, 4g ram laptop and still having issues. Verizon better get me my DVR fast because I still have been able to watch the 1st motos.
Do you have a dedicated graphics card in that laptop? The I7 is a beast of a processor, but its not designed to replace a graphics card.
bg22
Fantasy
3050th
5/22/2012 1:54pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2012 1:56pm
bg22 wrote:
Silverlight is still a POS. I have and i7, windows 7, 4g ram laptop and still having issues. Verizon better get me my DVR fast because...
Ish wrote:
Do you have a dedicated graphics card in that laptop? The I7 is a beast of a processor, but its not designed to replace a graphics...
Do you have a dedicated graphics card in that laptop? The I7 is a beast of a processor, but its not designed to replace a graphics card.
No dedicated graphics card but 6.5 on both graphics scores on WEI. 5.9 on HDD which is lowest score. Same error chill posted.

Edit: I tried on my desktop at home last night with a decent graphics card and still getting same error. Not sure what is wrong with their site. Tried Chrome, FF, IE, Opera all have same problem with the archive.
Ish
5/22/2012 2:05pm
bg22 wrote:
Ish wrote:
Do you have a dedicated graphics card in that laptop? The I7 is a beast of a processor, but its not designed to replace a graphics...
bg22 wrote:
No dedicated graphics card but 6.5 on both graphics scores on WEI. 5.9 on HDD which is lowest score. Same error chill posted. Edit: I tried...
No dedicated graphics card but 6.5 on both graphics scores on WEI. 5.9 on HDD which is lowest score. Same error chill posted.

Edit: I tried on my desktop at home last night with a decent graphics card and still getting same error. Not sure what is wrong with their site. Tried Chrome, FF, IE, Opera all have same problem with the archive.
Hopefully they fix it.

it should run smooth on your laptop

On another note:
I love the 2 camera option

Post a reply to: Issues with Silverlight

The Latest