Is this the end?

Edited Date/Time 9/25/2020 7:32pm
We all have heard mutterings that SX may not happen in 2021, Reed touched on it again this week.
Its understandable that sponsors are not getting what they paid for, so they want to spend less money.
Maybe that amount of money is not enough to make SX viable.

For next years MX series, will the new contracts on offer from sponsors be enough for teams to continue, and therefore $ offered by a series sponsor to an organiser be enough to build a series.
My understand is this year was a shit show and only continued to fullfil legal contract obligations.

For 2021 we could see a total collapse of the PRO sport we all love.

Not just in USA, I am thinking world wide.

Here in Australia SX has always been on the brink of collapse, and MX has been a financial pot of gold.

DC your thoughts please?
|
akmx17
9/25/2020 2:45pm
Nope but just to be safe log out and never come back
LungButter
9/25/2020 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2020 2:46pm
Could be man.

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/25/2020 4:19pm
We all have heard mutterings that SX may not happen in 2021, Reed touched on it again this week. Its understandable that sponsors are not getting...
We all have heard mutterings that SX may not happen in 2021, Reed touched on it again this week.
Its understandable that sponsors are not getting what they paid for, so they want to spend less money.

For next years MX series, will the new contracts on offer from sponsors be enough for teams to continue, and therefore $ offered by a series sponsor to an organiser be enough to build a series.
My understand is this year was a shit show and only continued to fullfil legal contract obligations.

Here in Australia SX has always been on the brink of collapse, and MX has been a financial pot of gold.

DC your thoughts please?
You would just love that now wouldn't you, F***ing Debbie Downer.

mirramaxx
9/25/2020 4:23pm
We all have heard mutterings that SX may not happen in 2021, Reed touched on it again this week. Its understandable that sponsors are not getting...

DC your thoughts please?
lostboy819 wrote:
You would just love that now wouldn't you, F***ing Debbie Downer. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/09/25/451345/s1200_Debbie_Downer_Negative_Nellies_Confront_them_isolate_them_or_cut_them_loose.jpg[/img]
You would just love that now wouldn't you, F***ing Debbie Downer.

Lmao !
9/25/2020 4:24pm

DC your thoughts please?
Bit dramatic if you ask me. Even without fans, I'm sure a lot of them would purchase NBC Sports Gold for the first time and Feld would find a way to monetize the new digital paradigm. Shit happens and capitalism finds ways to adapt.
9/25/2020 4:28pm
What I was actually trying to get at was, this could spiral out of control.
Sponsors will only pay less without guarantees of exposure, less money equal smaller teams, and less, if any profit to promote an event. More cancellation means mean less money.
Is it all sustainable?
9/25/2020 4:32pm

DC your thoughts please?
Bit dramatic if you ask me. Even without fans, I'm sure a lot of them would purchase NBC Sports Gold for the first time and Feld...
Bit dramatic if you ask me. Even without fans, I'm sure a lot of them would purchase NBC Sports Gold for the first time and Feld would find a way to monetize the new digital paradigm. Shit happens and capitalism finds ways to adapt.
Yes your right, what fuckin great TV coverage there was at Millvile, in particular the second moto.

Sponsors must have loved that, good money down the drain!
Listen to whiskey throttle Reed part 3.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/25/2020 4:38pm
Crazy to think that a world wide pandemic would have any effect on our everyday lives and everything we do, well that's it and Im done with COVID19, Gump you are a god damn genius !

9/25/2020 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2020 4:43pm

DC your thoughts please?
Bit dramatic if you ask me. Even without fans, I'm sure a lot of them would purchase NBC Sports Gold for the first time and Feld...
Yes your right, what fuckin great TV coverage there was at Millvile, in particular the second moto. Sponsors must have loved that, good money down the...
Yes your right, what fuckin great TV coverage there was at Millvile, in particular the second moto.

Sponsors must have loved that, good money down the drain!
Listen to whiskey throttle Reed part 3.
A. sponsors/OEMs only care about Supercross in America which is MUCH easier to cover than moto
B. even if you're complaining about the coverage, you're still watching = eyeballs on the sponsors that are shown
tobz
9/25/2020 5:48pm
Aussie mx nationals are a financial pot of gold? Source?
ctbale
9/25/2020 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2020 6:05pm
Dam, OP is getting flamed pretty good! Harsh. (But I still down voted his post, heard immunity)
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/25/2020 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2020 6:09pm
I'm going with no. But then again, you could get run over by a truck tomorrow. So maybe.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/25/2020 6:09pm
ctbale wrote:
Dam, OP is getting flamed pretty good! Harsh. (But I still down voted his post, heard immunity)
Heard immunity. Is that when a whole bunch of cows fail to hear the same thing?
Johnny Ringo
9/25/2020 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2020 6:19pm
Nothing is fucked dude, nothing is fucked. She kidnapped herself.
devotid
Fantasy
315th
9/25/2020 6:27pm
Yes.

This is the end of your creditability.
Bruce372
9/25/2020 6:28pm
ctbale wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Heard immunity. Is that when a whole bunch of cows fail to hear the same thing?
No, that's heard mentality WoohooWoohooWoohoo
devotid
Fantasy
315th
9/25/2020 6:28pm
Nothing is fucked dude, nothing is fucked. She kidnapped herself.
This made my day. Thanks
Neverclear
9/25/2020 6:30pm
devotid wrote:
Yes.

Hopefully he isn't car or house hunting right now...
MasonMan
9/25/2020 6:32pm
Sounds like a Mainstream media quote
Deploy PANIC, DIVIDE & Conquer
stillwelding
9/25/2020 6:38pm

DC your thoughts please?
I’ve heard you are correct, for about a month.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/25/2020 6:40pm
devotid wrote:
Yes.

Is that like your FIVE-O score?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/25/2020 6:41pm
Awesome. Celebrity posters.
resetjet
9/25/2020 6:46pm
The end....no. A reinvention of the sport, maybe. But all crowd event based platforms among others are changed forever. It could wind up being a change of the guard and the best thing that ever happened. But i dont think its end. Time will tell.
SwapperMX
9/25/2020 6:56pm
tobz wrote:
Aussie mx nationals are a financial pot of gold? Source?
I'd say based on the lifestyle Kevy Williams was able to live.

Post a reply to: Is this the end?

The Latest