Is this the 2018 Husky factory edition?

aees
11/29/2017 12:16pm
Digger29 wrote:
I've been running the AER cone valves since Sept and I raced with them the final 6-7 races of our season here in New England. We...
I've been running the AER cone valves since Sept and I raced with them the final 6-7 races of our season here in New England. We definitely had some weird weather days here this fall like very cool morning temps and very warm afternoon temps. I definitely was checking the forks because of this and I wasn't seeing the drastic PSI differences that you're talking about.
aees wrote:
How many psi did you calculate with loosing when you connect the pump to balance/bottom chamber?
TeamGreen wrote:
Here's an adapter they make for your existing pump: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/29/228446/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Here's an adapter they make for your existing pump:

Yea, there is no way around loosing that air. I had multiple no-lose (incl WP CV AER valve adapter that comes with fork), and all of them lose air when you connect it.

You loose around 3-4psi in top chamber, and 11-13psi in bottom. That is about equal to the increase you get from riding so when you do connect it, i will look like you lost none. If you really had no increase, you should have a much higher negative number (not just 1-2 psi) from what you started with when you read it back after riding.
aees
11/29/2017 12:19pm
Digger29 wrote:
I'm running 10.2 bar in the upper ( positive) chamber and 11.2 bar in the lower (negative) chamber and 17 on the comp and 18 on...
I'm running 10.2 bar in the upper ( positive) chamber and 11.2 bar in the lower (negative) chamber and 17 on the comp and 18 on the rebound on the valving side and the forks have worked awesome each race that I used them. I've set them in the morning at those settings and they've stayed pretty much right at those settings all day. I always check them at the end of the race day before I wash it and load it in the trailer.
How much you weigh and you running 450, 350 or 250? What rear spring?
aroark247
11/29/2017 12:26pm
I don't know how you guys are loosing air, that defies physics. Maybe you tighten it, or pickup a book with words in it
jwoltz
11/29/2017 12:45pm
Digger29, I am really curious about your thoughts / comparisons on the WP Cone Valve Spring fork vs. Cone AER fork. I know you have a lot of time on the cone valves, and at least 10-15 hours on the AER's from my own assumptions.

The Shop

Digger29
11/29/2017 1:24pm
Digger29 wrote:
I'm running 10.2 bar in the upper ( positive) chamber and 11.2 bar in the lower (negative) chamber and 17 on the comp and 18 on...
I'm running 10.2 bar in the upper ( positive) chamber and 11.2 bar in the lower (negative) chamber and 17 on the comp and 18 on the rebound on the valving side and the forks have worked awesome each race that I used them. I've set them in the morning at those settings and they've stayed pretty much right at those settings all day. I always check them at the end of the race day before I wash it and load it in the trailer.
aees wrote:
17 450FE. I weigh 198lbs. I'm running a 4.8 rear spring.
11/29/2017 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2017 1:35pm
aees wrote:
i really hope they dont put the cv aer on the factory bike. that fork is not made for consumers. the constant variation or increase in...
i really hope they dont put the cv aer on the factory bike. that fork is not made for consumers. the constant variation or increase in balance chamber is a nightmare
Rhino wrote:
Can you elaborate? The regular air forks seem to be OK without a lot of hassle, and trust me, I just want to load up and...
Can you elaborate? The regular air forks seem to be OK without a lot of hassle, and trust me, I just want to load up and go ride without a lot of extra bullshit, hence why I love spring forks. Half the time I don't even check the tire pressure when I just want to go for a quick ride.

I hope they keep the current AER as well, I am keen to see the fe when they come out, spy pics seemed to show a new throttle body. I wonder if it is similar to the genius throttle body by R&D as I am tempted to get one.
Bruce372
11/29/2017 1:33pm
aees wrote:
i really hope they dont put the cv aer on the factory bike. that fork is not made for consumers. the constant variation or increase in...
i really hope they dont put the cv aer on the factory bike. that fork is not made for consumers. the constant variation or increase in balance chamber is a nightmare
Rhino wrote:
Can you elaborate? The regular air forks seem to be OK without a lot of hassle, and trust me, I just want to load up and...
Can you elaborate? The regular air forks seem to be OK without a lot of hassle, and trust me, I just want to load up and go ride without a lot of extra bullshit, hence why I love spring forks. Half the time I don't even check the tire pressure when I just want to go for a quick ride.

I hope they keep the current AER as well, I am keen to see the fe when they come out, spy pics seemed to show a...
I hope they keep the current AER as well, I am keen to see the fe when they come out, spy pics seemed to show a new throttle body. I wonder if it is similar to the genius throttle body by R&D as I am tempted to get one.
After market aer cone valves have two separate chambers
Digger29
11/29/2017 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2017 8:10pm
jwoltz wrote:
Digger29, I am really curious about your thoughts / comparisons on the WP Cone Valve Spring fork vs. Cone AER fork. I know you have a...
Digger29, I am really curious about your thoughts / comparisons on the WP Cone Valve Spring fork vs. Cone AER fork. I know you have a lot of time on the cone valves, and at least 10-15 hours on the AER's from my own assumptions.
I've got 2 full seasons and 3/4 of this one on spring cone valves and I've had everything A-kit -wise and the WP cone valve when set up properly is the best fork for the money out there right now. I only have about 15hrs and 7-8 races on the AER cone valves and I feel that where I hated my stock AER's was the chop entering a turn and those sudden stop type of hits. The stock AERs are very busy and never seemed to follow the terrain and the spring cone valves just follow the ground very well and definitely suck up the choppy stuff great. The stock AER hate those sudden stop type of hits like messing up in a roller section where the spring cone valves goes that same roller section awesome and suck everything up especially those mistakes made by miss timing them. Now the AER cone valve feels very much like my spring cone valves. They're very plush and have little to no stiction like all air forks tend to have. They follow the ground very much like the spring cone valve does. I could hammer through the roller sections and make the timing mistake that the stock AER didn't like at all and they'd go right through it without getting cranky and deflecting off line. So all in all and with the limited time I have on the AER cone valve fork I really like them. You definitely need to check the pressure each race morning and once during the day and I check it at the end of day when I'm done. There's definitely more work for the user but they are like 4lbs lighter than the spring cone valve. They are both great forks and better at everything the stock AER fork is but in my humble you can't go wrong with the spring cone valves. I do like how light the AER cone valves are. I'm working on an 18 CRF450 right now and you can't believe how much heavier it is than my 450 is with the AER cones, Think seat, Ti, pegs, Ti pipe and over 100 Ti bolts. I'll bet my bike is 25+lbs lighter than the CRF. It's that noticeable.
jwoltz
11/29/2017 2:39pm
Thanks Digger for that. Exactly what I was looking for.
mx317
11/29/2017 5:20pm
aroark247 wrote:
I don't know how you guys are loosing air, that defies physics. Maybe you tighten it, or pickup a book with words in it
Huh?
mattman631
11/29/2017 6:15pm
Throttle cable routing on these bikes are dumb.

Looks new to me though, Im pumped for the new release!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
11/29/2017 8:36pm
drt410 wrote:
So anyways.....new husky n crap. Is it being unveiled Dec 5th does anyone have any important information or can confirm this? Anyone... Important information.... yes, no...
So anyways.....new husky n crap. Is it being unveiled Dec 5th does anyone have any important information or can confirm this? Anyone... Important information.... yes, no. The fact that there is a "rockstar" edition hasn't even been announced yet by the manufacturer and we found it. This is no joke.
Yes, I’d put money on it. The rumor is that it will be called “Race Edition”.
aees
11/30/2017 1:55am
Digger29 wrote:
aees wrote:
Digger29 wrote:
17 450FE. I weigh 198lbs. I'm running a 4.8 rear spring.
You are running quiet low pressures. I have the same stats and bike as you and i was running 11.3bar upp and 12.4 in balance chamber after some discussions with WP in US and Europe.

Maybe that is why you are getting away with the pressure increase, if you are not resetting it un-intentionally .

aees
11/30/2017 2:02am
jwoltz wrote:
Digger29, I am really curious about your thoughts / comparisons on the WP Cone Valve Spring fork vs. Cone AER fork. I know you have a...
I have run all of them, 150h on AER, 30h on CV AER and 20h so far on Spring CV. I can hands down say, i thought the AER was good until i tried the CV AER, which i thought was good until i got my CV Spring.

I loved the AER and CV AER on deep deep sand, so light in the front. But if you like your forks reasonably stiff, for plushness there is no comparison. CV Spring just outperforms CV AER.

Traction wise, CV AER provides more of a spring feeling due to balance chamber being configurable. You get some of that feeling that the front tire follow the ground better.

But back to back with CV Spring, it miles away.

Also as mentioned, first ride in the day pressure rises with 3-4PSI in top, and around 13psi in bottom. That is a lot considering you have 180psi in bottom. It becomes super stiff due to it draggning the fork down in the stroke.
aroark247
11/30/2017 8:23am
aroark247 wrote:
mx317 wrote:
Huh?
I was trying to troll on the guys that don't know the difference between the word "lose" and the word "loose"
Digger29
11/30/2017 12:46pm
I was talking to someone this morning who was standing right in front of the new Husky factory edition and he said that it's better looking than the new KTM factory edition. Hmmmm...
Mike_Lawlor
11/30/2017 2:03pm
Digger29 wrote:
I was talking to someone this morning who was standing right in front of the new Husky factory edition and he said that it's better looking...
I was talking to someone this morning who was standing right in front of the new Husky factory edition and he said that it's better looking than the new KTM factory edition. Hmmmm...
Can you elaborate any more? Did he say what forks/shock would be on it?
smv ryder
Fantasy
1313th
11/30/2017 4:23pm
smv ryder wrote:
I trolled him a lil bit on IG to hopefully get some answers.... look at the shroud from IG that was cropped, that’s totally new design
He deleted my comments asking about it
DoubleA
12/1/2017 8:39am
This was just posted on their instagram

mx317
12/1/2017 9:12am Edited Date/Time 12/1/2017 9:13am
It looks like the old model frame, not the new one.
12/1/2017 9:32am
DoubleA wrote:
This was just posted on their instagram [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/01/228757/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]
This was just posted on their instagram

That's a standard 18 model with everything the PowerParts catalogue has to offer.. nothing new to see here
DoubleA
12/1/2017 10:06am
#434 wrote:
That's a standard 18 model with everything the PowerParts catalogue has to offer.. nothing new to see here
Oops sorry my mistake, just wondering have they said it will be the new frame or are people assuming it will be?
Rhino
12/1/2017 10:36am
So the concensus is, if you are spending the money on Cone Valves, you'd still want the spring version.

But the Cone Valve AER air fork is far better than the stock AER Air fork?
aees
12/1/2017 10:39am
Rhino wrote:
So the concensus is, if you are spending the money on Cone Valves, you'd still want the spring version. But the Cone Valve AER air fork...
So the concensus is, if you are spending the money on Cone Valves, you'd still want the spring version.

Correct
mx317
12/1/2017 11:07am
DoubleA wrote:
Oops sorry my mistake, just wondering have they said it will be the new frame or are people assuming it will be?
Jason Anderson would not be riding a bike with the new frame if they weren't going to produce it. He rode the new one at the MEC.
Digger29
12/1/2017 11:08am
Rhino wrote:
So the concensus is, if you are spending the money on Cone Valves, you'd still want the spring version. But the Cone Valve AER air fork...

Correct :-)
aedwards07
12/2/2017 10:10am
TeamGreen wrote:
"RE"

Next week.
So do you think the new plastics are as ugly as i do? The shroud i think i can get used to but the side panels are terrible.
drt410
12/2/2017 1:14pm
Why are there 2 conversations going on in here at the same time? The forks have nothing to do with the 2018 factory edition husky.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
12/2/2017 2:49pm
TeamGreen wrote:
"RE"

Next week.
aedwards07 wrote:
So do you think the new plastics are as ugly as i do? The shroud i think i can get used to but the side panels...
So do you think the new plastics are as ugly as i do? The shroud i think i can get used to but the side panels are terrible.
Can’t tell if you’re serious.... oh just trying to lure info from him...Laughing

Post a reply to: Is this the 2018 Husky factory edition?

The Latest