Is this guy mitch evans the real deal?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2020 12:16 PM

Kinda unproven but does he have what HRC wants, for those of you in "the know"?

|

2/14/2020 12:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2020 12:32 PM

If you asked this 3 months ago, people would have given you a very different answer.

Definitely looking forward to seeing how he gets on in the MXGPs because he's looked very good in Italy. And he is very highly thought of within team HRC too, and has been for awhile

|

A Year In MX: One Man, One Year, One Sport
All 13 MX races on US soil
http://www.ayearinmx.com

2/14/2020 12:45 PM

He will not have out right speed , of carolli ,gasjer jh84, fevbre,desalle
Think he will be super fit n between 5-15

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

2/14/2020 1:02 PM

It will be interesting to follow him. I’m not convinced yet, but HRC can obviously spot a talent. Question is if he can stay away from injuries. It’s a long season so it’s important to get experience and score 5-10ish rather than an early podium followed by an early exit. I have a feeling this will be his biggest challenge

|

I HATE FOURSTROKES
www.racelife.se

2/14/2020 1:15 PM

He'll definitely be rattling the cage. Podium's aren't out of the question I think if a few holes line up. Look for a good result in Argentina like last year. Seemed to suit him well.

|

2/14/2020 1:17 PM

Not that it means much in regards to his outright speed but he was one of the few guys doing the leap at 2018 mxon. Hes not scared to send it

|

2/14/2020 4:15 PM

I've been singing his praises since before Red Bud des Nations haha

MX is a funny sport, you'd have to think Mitch wouldn't be in this position if Reed got his wish and got his des Nations send off..
That's not meant as a slight on Reed just a comment on how one situation can lead to another

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

2/14/2020 4:59 PM

He's damn good. But thrown into THAT class is a tough task for anyone. In the first rounds I'd say top 10s would be decent for him

|

2/14/2020 5:14 PM

I would not be surprised to see him in top 5 pretty consistently

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

2/14/2020 7:22 PM

Yes.

|

2/14/2020 7:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2020 7:42 PM

Seriously gentlemen... Can he win a moto or not?

|

2/14/2020 8:05 PM

BobbyM wrote:

Yes, a moto win, podiums for sure, top 5 in the championship.

|

2/14/2020 8:12 PM

Deep experienced class, 10-12th avg with some brilliant weekends and some forgettable ones, glad he’s in there

|

“If you don’t crash alot, you just ain’t going fast enough” Chandler

2/14/2020 8:36 PM

Its gotta be the bike right? 😂😂

|

2/14/2020 8:43 PM

struth wrote:

He will not have out right speed , of carolli ,gasjer jh84, fevbre,desalle
Think he will be super fit n between 5-15

He's already beaten four of those guys so far this year.

|

2/14/2020 10:18 PM

jemcee wrote:

MX is a funny sport, you'd have to think Mitch wouldn't be in this position if Reed got his wish and got his des Nations send off..
That's not meant as a slight on Reed just a comment on how one situation can lead to another

never thought of that... great point! things happen for a reason

|

2/14/2020 11:07 PM

The young fella is real fast and has heaps of potential, lets not put too much pressure on him. He has the speed to be any step on the podium any race.

|

2/14/2020 11:43 PM

TreeFiddy wrote:

Not that it means much in regards to his outright speed but he was one of the few guys doing the leap at 2018 mxon. Hes not scared to send it

Let's be fair, he did it once with like 1 lap to go, because he knew his brother would give him shit if he didn't...
When he did it, he bust his wheel spokes, had to roll the last lap, lost some positions and handed Great Britiain 4th place overall, which then turned into 3rd place

Which as a Brit, is an awesome story

|

2/14/2020 11:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2020 12:10 AM

TreeFiddy wrote:

ayearinmx wrote:

Let's be fair, he did it once with like 1 lap to go, because he knew his brother would give him shit if he didn't...
When he did it, he bust his wheel spokes, had to roll the last lap, lost some positions and handed Great Britiain 4th place overall, which then turned into 3rd place

Haha I heard he only jumped it once on the last lap cause he knew he'd regret it if he didn't jump it at least once, Prob had more to do with the brother thing haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

2/15/2020 12:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2020 12:11 AM

BobbyM wrote:

inthebadboycorner wrote:

You really think he can win a moto against herlings, cairoli, gajser, prado, coldenhoff, desalle,febvre,tonus, seewer, paulin, jonas etc etc? Thats not happening.. yes he wast fast in the pre season race. But we all know that doesnt mean anything. Riders testing their bikes, not going 100%. GPs are a whole other level.

|

2/15/2020 12:38 AM

jemcee wrote:

Haha I heard he only jumped it once on the last lap cause he knew he'd regret it if he didn't jump it at least once, Prob had more to do with the brother thing haha

Yea... He'd regret it.... Because of the amount of shit his brother would have given him

Seriously though, Mitch is a top guy, and I'm glad he's come out swinging on this 450. Hope he does well at Matterley and beyond

|

2/15/2020 12:46 AM

looked good in pre season races in Italy , but the MXGP is going to be different when all riders are fit and healthy .
Dont see him beat riders like Cairoli , Gajser ,Prado or Herlings to win a moto , looks to be more in league of Coldenhoff so average around 5 to 10

|

2/15/2020 12:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2020 12:55 AM

Mugeneco wrote:

looked good in pre season races in Italy , but the MXGP is going to be different when all riders are fit and healthy .
Dont see him beat riders like Cairoli , Gajser ,Prado or Herlings to win a moto , looks to be more in league of Coldenhoff so average around 5 to 10

Not bad to be in the league of Coldenhoff = FMOTP?

|

2/15/2020 1:27 AM

BobbyM wrote:

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Sideways wrote:

You really think he can win a moto against herlings, cairoli, gajser, prado, coldenhoff, desalle,febvre,tonus, seewer, paulin, jonas etc etc? Thats not happening.. yes he wast fast in the pre season race. But we all know that doesnt mean anything. Riders testing their bikes, not going 100%. GPs are a whole other level.

Time will tell, he 34 chances in 2020.

|

2/15/2020 6:54 AM

TreeFiddy wrote:

ayearinmx wrote:

Thought he from downunder?

|

2/15/2020 7:29 AM

No one knows yet.....ask again in 2 years. He might be but he wasn't spoon fed his whole life like these home schooled snowflakes.

|

2/15/2020 9:04 AM

jemcee wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking! It was the chance he needed

|

2017 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250

2/15/2020 10:35 AM

Love it when a rider such as Evans appears and beats established riders, possibly unexpectedly.
Really hope he does good and will be rooting for him.

|

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

2/15/2020 12:10 PM

For a guy who did pretty much nothing on a 250, save for a few flashes of speed, since he got here, you have to ask how he even got the ride.

But as with a lot of things in racing , only a few know who is over delivering with the kit they have.

Bear in mind he replaces Bogers who had a torrid time, the bar isn't high for him, but I think after pre-season showings , he is on the pace, now it needs to be seen if he can do it week in week out.

From what we have seen so far, he sits right in there.

|

2/15/2020 12:50 PM

philG wrote:

For a guy who did pretty much nothing on a 250, save for a few flashes of speed, since he got here, you have to ask how he even got the ride.

But as with a lot of things in racing , only a few know who is over delivering with the kit they have.

Bear in mind he replaces Bogers who had a torrid time, the bar isn't high for him, but I think after pre-season showings , he is on the pace, now it needs to be seen if he can do it week in week out.

From what we have seen so far, he sits right in there.

Did nothing is harsh. The guy showed promise where it counted obviously
Similar in stature to TG and with a radical new bike to develop probably meant a bit too

|