Is this an issue in your area?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2018 11:11 AM

kage173 wrote:

The best way to deal with these guys is to chill out and let them have their fun. You sound like the crochety old farmer with ...more

Different situation all together. Huge difference between someone complaining about noise verse complaining about punk kids disrupting peoples days, causing fear, and accidents.

As far as me projecting my "boring" life onto other people, hardly. Don't know where the fuck you get off going after me for just talking about something that clearly other people have dealt with. IF you haven't, great, lucky you. But fuck off. Nice try.

|

9/11/2018 11:13 AM

Photo
|

2020.5 KTM Cairoli Factory Edition 5.7hrs
2019 Alta Redshift MXR - 0.9hrs!.
2020 KTM 250 SX 5hrs.

imoto34 wrote:
Look at all that torque. The kid on the lawnmower may have laughed so hard he shat his pants.

9/11/2018 12:06 PM

kage173 wrote:

The best way to deal with these guys is to chill out and let them have their fun. You sound like the crochety old farmer with ...more

I don't see how he is projecting his "boring life"

Its not about these idiots having fun. It gives all legit dirtbike riders a bad name.

|

9/11/2018 12:09 PM

plus add the fact that a majority of the bikes are stolen. Not stereotyping but every article you see about one of these idiots crashing always includes the crashed bike as being stolen.

|

9/11/2018 12:14 PM

seth505 wrote:

Well my exc-f is pretty close to a street legal "mx" bike, it can 12oclock, ride down sidewalks and jump streets just like an ...more

I’m aware. It is however, not a motocross bike. And I’m not buying that you can license a closed course competition motocross bike without modification in any state, including Washington.

|

9/11/2018 12:15 PM

#76 wrote: Photo

hahahahahahahaha 100%

I hate to say this but When I was 10 or 11 my cousin and I were totally the 12 oclock boys of the dirt road we lived on.

|

I'm the dude, man.

9/11/2018 12:51 PM

observeroffacts wrote:

Not a cool situation. It’s a shame some of these guys act like this, but in all fairness they’re not hurting anyone. They’re ...more

ns503 wrote:

So thieving is OK if nobody gets hurt?

Yeah, see in my post where I made any reference to stealing whatsoever? Or in the original post?

Oh wait. Neither of us ever mentioned stealing. Neither did the article.

|

9/11/2018 12:54 PM

I actually don't hate on that, hell I live on a back road with little traffic and theirs kids on their quads and dirt bikes that ride up and down it. But they're not causing issues with other people, and when they see cars they pull off to the side. The bigger issue is in high traffic areas, especially high ways.

|

9/11/2018 12:58 PM

pkiczuk wrote:

I actually don't hate on that, hell I live on a back road with little traffic and theirs kids on their quads and dirt bikes ...more

But they aren’t stealing those bikes either

|

9/11/2018 1:08 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

So, in Washington, I can legally ride a KX450 on the road?

seth505 wrote:

Well my exc-f is pretty close to a street legal "mx" bike, it can 12oclock, ride down sidewalks and jump streets just like an ...more

Squirrelings wrote:

I’m aware. It is however, not a motocross bike. And I’m not buying that you can license a closed course competition motocross ...more

Ya, they must still need lights and horn but who knows

|

9/11/2018 1:54 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

Masses do things a single would not do.

I have seen white Harley riders do it.

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

You've seen large groups of white Harley riders on unlicensed motorcycles blocking traffic and doing wheelies down public ...more

"ruff ryders" type groups

Is what I was referring to. I grew up outside Baltimore from the 1970's and the gang of Pagans & Hells Angels were there riding ruff 30-40 years before the brothers started riding dirt bikes.

|

9/11/2018 1:58 PM

Street bikes are annoying regardless of their legal standing or ethnicity of the rider.

|

I'm the dude, man.

9/11/2018 2:01 PM

pkiczuk wrote:

I know everyone has seen videos of these "ruff ryders" type groups riding their crotch rockets, dirt bikes, and quads in the ...more

$1000 bucks is steep. Mine was $115 when I got caught riding my '79 XR 250 on the street at age 14 (in the 80s - I'm not THAT old).

|

9/11/2018 2:03 PM

Texas it’s not a problem..... cops in Texas have no sense of humor!

|

9/11/2018 2:06 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

There are no “road legal” motocross bikes or quads.

APLMAN99 wrote:

Yes, there are. Many states have relaxed their licensing requirements and don’t strictly go by the stated usage on the bike’s ...more

Squirrelings wrote:

There is a short list of required equipment that has to be added. Turn signals, lights, mirrors and the like. Get a shop to inspect it. Get a plate and ride on the road.

My understanding is ID is easier than that.

|

9/11/2018 3:52 PM

kage173 wrote:

pkiczuk wrote:

Different situation all together. Huge difference between someone complaining about noise verse complaining about punk kids ...more

Huge difference to who? You?

"punk kids"??? That's exactly what crotchety old guys say.

Where do you get off encouraging cops to confiscate bikes just to save your precious "legitimate bike rider image"? Prove one thing you have suffered from these guys. Just because they do things you're not into, you want to shut down their fun. If they eat it on the street that's their problem.

Get a life and mind your business.

|

9/11/2018 3:59 PM

Rhody wrote:

Spoken like someone who has never been on the road with these guys. See how feel when you are trying to get home from work and ...more

Have you ever had one go through your windshield?

|

9/11/2018 4:14 PM

I live in a small town but right down the road is a city where assholes terrorize streets on stolen bikes. All the dealerships in my area have been broken into and bikes stolen. But hey, Im just a boring old guy.

|

9/11/2018 4:19 PM

#76 wrote: Photo

Greatest South Park episode ever. I actually keep it as a file on my computer & send it to all of my midlife crisis friends who suddenly buy Harleys & every piece of clothing they can walk out of the dealer with.

I sent it to 3 guys this summer. 2 weren't nearly as amused as I was.

|

9/11/2018 4:33 PM

kage173 wrote:

pkiczuk wrote:

Different situation all together. Huge difference between someone complaining about noise verse complaining about punk kids ...more

kage173 wrote:

Huge difference to who? You?

"punk kids"??? That's exactly what crotchety old guys say.

Where do you get off encouraging ...more

This is exactly my point. Agree fully.

|

9/11/2018 10:18 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

seth505 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

I’m aware. It is however, not a motocross bike. And I’m not buying that you can license a closed course competition motocross ...more

Obviously you'd have to add some minimal things to it. Lights (with a brake switch), turn signals, a mirror, and I think a hotn of just about any kind (bicycle horn used to work in the past).

Used to be that if the manufacturer's MSO said "off-road only" then there was no way to get a plate. For a while, maybe 6-10 years ago, they were even taking back plates from bikes with "ambiguous" MSOs, like some KTMs. They weren't going out and actively snapping back plates, but if you were transferring ownership, the new owner wasn't being allowed to renew the plate or relicense the bike.

Then they suddenly did a 180 and basically said "We don't care what type of bike or ATV you have, if you can make it meet the simplest of rules, you can get a plate. Kinda crazy compared to how hard nosed they were in the past.

We get a lot of the SXS machines driven to work here, if the owner can find a route that keeps them under 40MPH.

And yes, plenty of folks have some quick disconnect dual sport kits on full MX bikes as well.

|

9/11/2018 10:30 PM

observeroffacts wrote:

Not a cool situation. It’s a shame some of these guys act like this, but in all fairness they’re not hurting anyone. They’re ...more

They're not "hurting" anyone physically, but the no good slimeballs ARE hurting their victims that worked hard for the motorcycles that these crackheads are stealing from them. They are criminal thugs and are no doubt under the influence of drugs and booze while they terrorize and disrupt the public.

|

9/12/2018 12:25 AM

I have seen groups of Harleys block intersections while they all roll through. I wasnt that pissed. Semi pissed

|

9/12/2018 4:27 AM

observeroffacts wrote:

ns503 wrote:

So thieving is OK if nobody gets hurt?

observeroffacts wrote:

Yeah, see in my post where I made any reference to stealing whatsoever? Or in the original post?

Oh wait. Neither of us ever ...more

Right. And I didn't say that you said that.

My point was to counter your statement that as long as nobody was getting physically hurt, there is no reason to be upset. Thievery is a thing that can be done without inflicting physical hurt - so does that mean nobody has a reason to be upset with thievery? Generally speaking - you know? That's why there all all kinds of laws against things that don't inflict physical hurt.

If you saw a couple shady characters breaking into your neighbours house while they were away, would you call the cops? Or just not get upset and ignore it?

|

HAF

9/12/2018 5:49 AM

kage173 wrote:

Rhody wrote:

Spoken like someone who has never been on the road with these guys. See how feel when you are trying to get home from work and ...more

kage173 wrote:

Have you ever sat in traffic caused by them? And do you realize that if you try to get though of a pack of them that have hijacked the street, they will attack you? So basically they just hold everybody hostage inside their own vehicles until they decide that they are done having fun. When someone else's fun forces me to sit in my car in traffic for an extra half hour when I have already been in traffic for an hour and half, that is not just "kids having fun".

|

9/12/2018 5:59 AM

kage173 wrote:

Rhody wrote:

kage173 wrote:

I haven't personally been crashed into by a drunk driver, but........

|

9/12/2018 6:10 AM

APLMAN99 wrote:

So in your mind, as you sit in your F150 at a stoplight, a teenager on a 09 yz 250 is as dangerous to you as a drunk driver?

Ok

|

9/12/2018 6:25 AM

Squirrelings wrote:

There are no “road legal” motocross bikes or quads.

Ive owned road legal mx bikes here in the UK.
All you need is apply for a logbook, fit a reg plate, a rear reflector, a continuous horn and road legal tyres. Easy.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

9/12/2018 6:33 AM

kage173 wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

kage173 wrote:

So in your mind, as you sit in your F150 at a stoplight, a teenager on a 09 yz 250 is as dangerous to you as a drunk driver?
...more

Yes. Because he's riding a bike on knobblies that provide very little grip on the asphalt, brakes that don't work very well at high speeds and the rider isn't certified to have the skills required to ride safely & legally on the the road. (otherwise, he would be doing it all above board)

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

9/12/2018 7:13 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

I have seen groups of Harleys block intersections while they all roll through. I wasnt that pissed. Semi pissed

Did they block the intersection for no reason? I went on a Harley charity ride to a children’s hospital loaded with toys and there was a motorcycle cop at the intersections to get us all through the light as one group when we got close to the hospital. I can’t imagine why a group of riders would block it for no reason. Was it a patriot guard mission or something similar?

|