Is there anything Millsaps can do?

RocketLab
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 6:14pm
that will have Honda resigning him? My perception of his effort in the past has been somewhat critical, however he put in a workmans effort this past weekend. If he continues that and ends up with a top 3 in the championship what are his chances with Honda again?
|
40Plus_922mx
5/24/2010 7:51am
Milsaps needs to take a break. Kinda like KW did. He's been on that bike since he was crapping his diapers. He needs to take some time off an relax a little. Then in a year or so he'll see just how awesome racing for a living can be. It's all in the perspective.
bg22
Fantasy
3050th
5/24/2010 8:00am
I think he'll be on Sat. team next year. Valli or maybe even J-Laws team.
5/24/2010 8:07am
From Stanton's podcast with Matthes earlier this year- it sounds like things are pretty tense over there.

The Shop

Blake
5/24/2010 8:08am
From Stanton's podcast with Matthes earlier this year- it sounds like things are pretty tense over there.
Link?
DoctorJD
5/24/2010 8:19am
bg22 wrote:
Agree. I also think he would be a good fit at JGR.
40Plus_922mx
5/24/2010 8:20am
Blake wrote:
Link?
search "matthes" in itunes store.
SRP33
5/24/2010 8:21am
bg22 wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
Agree. I also think he would be a good fit at JGR.
They need someone
Neutra
5/24/2010 8:22am
It always been tense at Honda since the Stanton - Kiedrowski - Bayle days. Maybe they need to change their whole program?
5/24/2010 8:35am
Blake wrote:
Link?
search "matthes" in itunes store.
I think it was in the January 2010 time frame.
If you listen to Stanton- he is real down on the "rockstar" types and big on the "working men" types.
chrisbuehler
5/24/2010 8:50am
bg22 wrote:
Lol at there even being a J-Law racing next year.
motomike137
5/24/2010 8:52am
I'm pretty sure that Honda is going to ask him to "resign" at the end of the seasonTongue
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
5/24/2010 8:56am
I'm pretty sure that Honda is going to ask him to "resign" at the end of the seasonTongue
if only you knew... Smile
bg22
Fantasy
3050th
5/24/2010 8:57am
bg22 wrote:
Lol at there even being a J-Law racing next year.
Laughing A little humor thrown into the mix. I'm glad someone picked it up.
Sunhouse
5/24/2010 9:39am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2010 9:40am
JGR would be great! I´m thinking Zookie or Gibbs. He´s too big for the 350, but KTM still needs a ider on the 450...?
SCIENCE
5/24/2010 9:58am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2010 9:59am
Milsaps needs to take a break. Kinda like KW did. He's been on that bike since he was crapping his diapers. He needs to take some...
Milsaps needs to take a break. Kinda like KW did. He's been on that bike since he was crapping his diapers. He needs to take some time off an relax a little. Then in a year or so he'll see just how awesome racing for a living can be. It's all in the perspective.
Take a break? For the most part, he has been on a highly paid break the past 5 years!!! The talent he has is astounding. If motivated, he can win SX/MX any day. As noted above, listen to Matthes' podcast w/Stanton. Pretty much tells it like it is. I can't imagine Honda keeping him unless he wins the title. Even then they may let him go.

He is off to great start. Hope he keeps it together and pulls in a good contract for the future. But wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on a sat team nxt year.
RocketLab
5/24/2010 11:54am
If Honda lets him go does that mean FC/Geico would in no way hire him? Maybe a little Larocco might be helpful ala Windham's resurgence.
DanDunes818
5/24/2010 12:16pm
I don't think there's anything Davi can do that will keep his ride with Honda. I think Honda is going to focus their money next year on either proven championship contenders or up and coming contenders like Canard and Pourcel. That being said I think there's allot he can do to make sure he lands on another factory team. I like Davi allot and have been a huge fan of his since I first saw him in person on 80's. I've also been a big critic at times to. I think he's one of the most natural gifted riders alive and I sometimes think he doesn't try very hard. I could be way off base with that statement but it sure does appear to be that way at times. I was rooting for him on Saturday more then any other rider. I love when he rides the way he did on Saturday. There's times I watch him where it's obvious he just lets a guy pass him without even fighting and then there's day like Hangtown where he fights like hell. That battle he had with Townley in moto 2 was awesome. I wish he would of figured out a way to keep JG behind him in moto one but I don't think he just let him go by either. I think he felt with 3 laps or so to go his pace was good enough for 2nd but then the pack caught him and he just couldn't step it up in time to keep JG behind. I'm crossing my fingers that he can be up there every week. I think the only way we're going to see Davi's full potential is if he's in the title hunt after 6-7 rounds. If that happens I think the real Davi will show up and really fight for a title.
5/24/2010 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2010 1:00pm
I don't think there's anything Davi can do that will keep his ride with Honda. I think Honda is going to focus their money next year...
I don't think there's anything Davi can do that will keep his ride with Honda. I think Honda is going to focus their money next year on either proven championship contenders or up and coming contenders like Canard and Pourcel. That being said I think there's allot he can do to make sure he lands on another factory team. I like Davi allot and have been a huge fan of his since I first saw him in person on 80's. I've also been a big critic at times to. I think he's one of the most natural gifted riders alive and I sometimes think he doesn't try very hard. I could be way off base with that statement but it sure does appear to be that way at times. I was rooting for him on Saturday more then any other rider. I love when he rides the way he did on Saturday. There's times I watch him where it's obvious he just lets a guy pass him without even fighting and then there's day like Hangtown where he fights like hell. That battle he had with Townley in moto 2 was awesome. I wish he would of figured out a way to keep JG behind him in moto one but I don't think he just let him go by either. I think he felt with 3 laps or so to go his pace was good enough for 2nd but then the pack caught him and he just couldn't step it up in time to keep JG behind. I'm crossing my fingers that he can be up there every week. I think the only way we're going to see Davi's full potential is if he's in the title hunt after 6-7 rounds. If that happens I think the real Davi will show up and really fight for a title.
5/24/2010 12:28pm
I don't think there's anything Davi can do that will keep his ride with Honda. I think Honda is going to focus their money next year...
Oh, you mean be in the title chase 6 or 7 rounds in like with the SX season that just finished up??

There's no team manager or mentor that will help Davi win. The only person that can help Davi win is Davi. The kid can do it and I hope he gets down to winning soon.
5/24/2010 12:31pm
Isn't it funny how certain riders seem to turn it up near contract time? This isn't the first time it's appeared to be the case for Davi.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
5/24/2010 12:42pm
So it's alright for some riders to take breaks, but not others?? hmmmm........
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
5/24/2010 1:01pm
I think there is a big assumption that the rest of the Big Red team feels the same way Stanton does. Stanton also doesn't seem to think too highly of a lot of guys... does that mean that big red wouldn't hire any of them? Stanton isn't working for Honda anymore either.

I think assuming the rest of the Honda guys feel the same way Stanton does is a bit out there, and a good outdoor series can change a lot of people's minds.

Post a reply to: Is there anything Millsaps can do?

The Latest