Is there a list of all the national numbers? Including the triple digit guys

calcoast
I tried to look it up online. All I could ever find was 1-100 and a couple of the popular/rookie 3 digit guys.

Theres a couple of 3 digit numbers I like and I think itd be cool to follow the number.
I grew up in the 650 area code and ran into a guy at Hangtown running 650. If I didn't happen to pass his van in the pits I wouldn't have known someone was running 650.
I also like the number 280, and 362 is an important number in my life as well. No real info online about whose running those numbers.

Also can there only be 999 guys in the US who can have a pro license?

If two guys running the same number qualify at a national does the AMA decide who gets what number? Or once you get your pro license the AMA gives you a number and theres only 999 to go around?

This is only my third year watching the races so excuse the ignorance.
|
tcallahan707
9/14/2018 11:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2018 11:52pm
calcoast wrote:
I tried to look it up online. All I could ever find was 1-100 and a couple of the popular/rookie 3 digit guys. Theres a couple...
I tried to look it up online. All I could ever find was 1-100 and a couple of the popular/rookie 3 digit guys.

Theres a couple of 3 digit numbers I like and I think itd be cool to follow the number.
I grew up in the 650 area code and ran into a guy at Hangtown running 650. If I didn't happen to pass his van in the pits I wouldn't have known someone was running 650.
I also like the number 280, and 362 is an important number in my life as well. No real info online about whose running those numbers.

If two guys running the same number qualify at a national does the AMA decide who gets what number? Or once you get your pro license the AMA gives you a number and theres only 999 to go around?

This has come up before. I don't believe the list exists anywhere outside AMA offices. It would be nice to have access to it though.

As for the same number question, the AMA only allows one number per pro license.
calcoast
9/15/2018 12:02am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2018 12:03am
calcoast wrote:
I tried to look it up online. All I could ever find was 1-100 and a couple of the popular/rookie 3 digit guys. Theres a couple...

This has come up before. I don't believe the list exists anywhere outside AMA offices. It would be nice to have access to it though. As...
This has come up before. I don't believe the list exists anywhere outside AMA offices. It would be nice to have access to it though.

As for the same number question, the AMA only allows one number per pro license.
That's what I was thinking. To even have a chance to qualify at a national you need a pro license. If you have a pro license you get assigned a number.

I don't get why they wouldn't provide a list of all the pro numbers being ran.

Hey GuyB or Michael Lindsay: Maybe compile a list of all the current pro numbers? If not for anything at least off season shits and giggles...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/15/2018 12:05am
They used to have a list with 1 to 999 but no longer publish it to the public. Not sure why. I did come across an older one not that long ago to see if someone was running my number and as it turned out no one was running it that year. On that specific list there was quite a lot of numbers that were not taken.

There's only 999 numbers in the pro system with the top 100 reserved for those who earn points in SX and/or MX Nationals. After that I do believe it's first come first served.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/15/2018 12:14am
I've never seen a 1-999 list, and would suspect that there are plenty of gaps in there.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/15/2018 12:38am
GuyB wrote:
I've never seen a 1-999 list, and would suspect that there are plenty of gaps in there.
Here's one from 2014.

There's a few numbers missing in the early 100's. I know some are reserved for international riders.

Post a reply to: Is there a list of all the national numbers? Including the triple digit guys

The Latest