Is there a Hangtown amateur day?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2018 8:12 PM

I was wondering. The website says "check back soon" for schedule.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

5/16/2018 8:40 PM

Yes, amateur day is on Friday.

|

5/16/2018 8:49 PM

Practice will be tomorrow and racing on Friday. If you're ready to go I would definitely say go for it, you'll have a ton of fun! Be ready to bend over and open your wallet, but I think it's well worth it for the entire experience of riding the national track and being there for the press day festivities. I've done it the last few years but I'm missing it this year due to a hillclimb race conflict. I'm still struggling with my decision to skip this race to be honest, I know it will still be a fun weekend but the experience is just so damn fun throughout the whole three days.sad

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

5/16/2018 10:57 PM

I won my class at Glen Helen amateur day a while ago. Still on of my favorite wins, there's something about the energy of a pro national weekend especially when you camp for the whole weekend. I highly recommend it.

|

5/17/2018 1:43 AM

Ok, cool. I wonder why the promoter wouldn't include any information on the Hangtown website?
This sport blows my mind. Recently I was checking on whether MMX was open- their website said nothing and their phone line wasn't updated the night before. People said I should have known to check INSTAGRAM the night before. As if checking by phone or by website was some odd way of checking. Gimme a break- this track wouldn't know promotion if it smacked them over the head. Do you have to be a longtime local to know what's going on, like a secret surf spot or something?

I'll just say it- it's like every person in California just smoked a giant doobie and DGAF about anything. I run into it with local businesses all the time. Why in the ever lovin' world would the track hosting an amateur day (Hangtown) not even bother to post something on their website? If you are wondering why participation is down it might be because you don't even bother with even telling people your event is being held, much less promoting it!

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.